Remember me
▼ Content

herd immunity

herd immunity13-09-2020 18:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The problem with herd immunity is that it takes a long time to get there and a lot of people will die on the way. Plus it isn't known yet how long immunity will last.
Not only that, it isn't known how effective the vaccine will be.
My hope is that covid 19 will mutate into a less harmful virus.
13-09-2020 18:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
keepit wrote:
The problem with herd immunity is that it takes a long time to get there
No, it doesn't.
keepit wrote:
and a lot of people will die on the way.
Covid19 has killed no one. This is a mild virus. It is the pneumonia that it can induce that can kill. Pneumonia can be treated.
keepit wrote:
Plus it isn't known yet how long immunity will last.
For life...same as all viruses.
keepit wrote:
What vaccine? BTW, the number of infections is not what you think it is (nowhere near it), and it's been going down.
keepit wrote:

A Covid19 virus that mutates is no longer Covid19. Covid19 is a very mild virus.

Now...are you going to quote random numbers as data again?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 13-09-2020 18:59
13-09-2020 22:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
You have a lot of misconceptions ITN.
13-09-2020 23:06
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
The problem with herd immunity is that it takes a long time to get there and a lot of people will die on the way. Plus it isn't known yet how long immunity will last.

It only takes 2-3 years to establish herd immunity for most pandemic viruses. You can look through past pandemics on the CDC website. A vaccine isn't crucial, or proven to speed up herd immunity. Yes, people need to get infected, and some of them will die, horribly, blood spraying everywhere, like in the movies...

Unfortunately, the health Nazis don't want people to get infected with any respiratory infection. Herd immunity needs to be maintained, some people need to get infected every year. There really is no cold and flu season, virus don't take a vacation. You can get sick, anytime, anywhere. The colder months provide the best conditions for spread. Make sure you get your flu shot early, might be a shortage later, plus, you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks between vaccines. Got a hunch this is going to be a two flu shot year, plus, with your 5 co-morbid conditions, you'll want to hope in the Covid-19 vaccination line, if Medicare covers it... The reason for the wait, is that it takes about 2 weeks for the body to produce sufficient antibodies. Normally, we can only deal with 6-7 viruses at one time. Not all of them produce sufficient antibodies, to fight future infections. There is no set limit to how many viruses can infect you at the same time. Antibodies reduce the symptoms to barely noticeable. But, it's really the total amount of infection, no just the type of virus, that triggers the severity of the immune response, and symptoms.

With masks, social distancing, and in your case, 'The Biden' (hiding in the basement), people are also avoiding all the more common viruses, which were once pandemics, and we achieved herd immunity. Guess we will find out if one year, significantly damages herd immunity. Most definitely hope we don't try for two. Some of those viruses were pretty bad, first time through, worst than Covid-19. The big problem though, is people catching two or more, at about the same time. Double the hospital fun...
13-09-2020 23:16
(21597)
keepit wrote:

Argument of the stone fallacy. Bulverism fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-09-2020 23:21
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

It only takes 2-3 years to establish herd immunity for most pandemic viruses. You can look through past pandemics on the CDC website. A vaccine isn't crucial, or proven to speed up herd immunity. Yes, people need to get infected, and some of them will die, horribly, blood spraying everywhere, like in the movies...

Unfortunately, the health Nazis don't want people to get infected with any respiratory infection. Herd immunity needs to be maintained, some people need to get infected every year. There really is no cold and flu season, virus don't take a vacation. You can get sick, anytime, anywhere. The colder months provide the best conditions for spread. Make sure you get your flu shot early, might be a shortage later, plus, you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks between vaccines. Got a hunch this is going to be a two flu shot year, plus, with your 5 co-morbid conditions, you'll want to hope in the Covid-19 vaccination line, if Medicare covers it... The reason for the wait, is that it takes about 2 weeks for the body to produce sufficient antibodies. Normally, we can only deal with 6-7 viruses at one time. Not all of them produce sufficient antibodies, to fight future infections. There is no set limit to how many viruses can infect you at the same time. Antibodies reduce the symptoms to barely noticeable. But, it's really the total amount of infection, no just the type of virus, that triggers the severity of the immune response, and symptoms.

With masks, social distancing, and in your case, 'The Biden' (hiding in the basement), people are also avoiding all the more common viruses, which were once pandemics, and we achieved herd immunity. Guess we will find out if one year, significantly damages herd immunity. Most definitely hope we don't try for two. Some of those viruses were pretty bad, first time through, worst than Covid-19. The big problem though, is people catching two or more, at about the same time. Double the hospital fun...

The time it takes to acquire herd immunity depends on the size of the 'herd', proximity to each member, and the time it takes from getting infected to being infectious. Pretty short for Covid19. No pandemic needed.

Masks do absolutely nothing. 6 feet does absolutely nothing.

The Parrot Killer

14-09-2020 01:04
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

The time it takes to acquire herd immunity depends on the size of the 'herd', proximity to each member, and the time it takes from getting infected to being infectious. Pretty short for Covid19. No pandemic needed.

I was just going with how long it took the average pandemic to end. The viruses, like the flu, are most definitely still out and about, as they get included in annual flu shots. Mostly, I think this ridiculous response was an experiment, just to see if there was anything we could actually do to reduce deaths, and speed up herd immunity. containment and eradication were never an option, with a nearby international airport, operating for a couple months. Track and trace, is BS as well, since not many people are being tested, or tested regularly. I don't imagine there are too many people, looking forward to having anything shoved up their nose. Not sure why they continue playing this out. It was a miserable failure after the first 2 week lock down. Even when they start vaccinating people, it'll take another year to get just half of America vaccinated. Basically, if they hadn't done any of this crap, the results would have been pretty much the same.
14-09-2020 01:27
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

I was just going with how long it took the average pandemic to end. The viruses, like the flu, are most definitely still out and about, as they get included in annual flu shots. Mostly, I think this ridiculous response was an experiment, just to see if there was anything we could actually do to reduce deaths, and speed up herd immunity. containment and eradication were never an option, with a nearby international airport, operating for a couple months. Track and trace, is BS as well, since not many people are being tested, or tested regularly. I don't imagine there are too many people, looking forward to having anything shoved up their nose. Not sure why they continue playing this out. It was a miserable failure after the first 2 week lock down. Even when they start vaccinating people, it'll take another year to get just half of America vaccinated. Basically, if they hadn't done any of this crap, the results would have been pretty much the same.

The viruses are out there, true. Herd immunity does not mean the virus goes away.

The Parrot Killer

14-09-2020 19:15
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
The problem with herd immunity is that it takes a long time to get there

No it doesn't.

keepit wrote:
and a lot of people will die on the way.

... sure, but not from COVID...

keepit wrote:
Plus it isn't known yet how long immunity will last.

Why would COVID be different than any other virus?

keepit wrote:

There isn't a vaccine for it.

keepit wrote:

If covid-19 mutates, then it is longer covid-19.

If A becomes B, then A is no longer A.
14-09-2020 19:16
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Way to hit back strong there, Rocky!
14-09-2020 21:07
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

The viruses are out there, true. Herd immunity does not mean the virus goes away.

Just because you are immune, doesn't mean you don't get infected either... Antibodies don't do anything, until after you get infected.

Join the debate herd immunity:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Judge denied immunity, going to prison, which will mean death by beating or stabbing003-11-2023 20:57
If Humanity Want To Defeat The COVID & Evolve, They Must Use Proactive Herd Immunity Strategy103-09-2021 07:48
immunity and organ damage8618-07-2020 17:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact