Remember me
▼ Content

Help To Stop Wasting Paper On Receipts (Online Petition)

Help To Stop Wasting Paper On Receipts (Online Petition)10-02-2016 15:36
StuartClark
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hi Guys,

Move than 11 million receipts are printed in the UK every year and the vast majority of them are immediately thrown in the bin. This obviously is a massive needless waste!

Please help to prevent this by signing the petition below it only takes a few seconds and your help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-jeremy-corbyn-mp-ask-before-printing-receipts?recruiter=484731634&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Many Thanks,

Stuart
10-02-2016 22:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
StuartClark wrote:
Hi Guys,

Move than 11 million receipts are printed in the UK every year and the vast majority of them are immediately thrown in the bin. This obviously is a massive needless waste!

Please help to prevent this by signing the petition below it only takes a few seconds and your help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-jeremy-corbyn-mp-ask-before-printing-receipts?recruiter=484731634&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Many Thanks,

Stuart

Let's see...

A typical receipt is on #10 paper, or the equivalent pulp use of 12 per #20 A4 paper stock.

11 million receipts is the equivalent of about 1833 reams of #20 A4 paper stock per year.

A4 stock costs about 3000 pounds per year. This cost is spread among all the businesses across the UK.

All paper in the UK (and in the US) is farmed. No wild trees are cut down to make paper. A typical tree on such a farm takes 10 years to mature to harvest. These are planted at about 600 trees per acre. A single tree typically produces 3 reams of paper. This means you will need about 3 acres of trees for 10 years to produce the paper required for receipts of the same period.

In the UK, about 99,000 acres are currently used for tree farming. 3 acres doesn't sound like a lot.

Why should I sign a petition that essentially does nothing but retask those 3 acres to something else like office paper, but requires business to convert to a completely different system by government force? Why should those who actually want to keep their receipts be deprived of them?

I think you ought to do a reality check.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Join the debate Help To Stop Wasting Paper On Receipts (Online Petition):

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How exactly does an entire message board stop posting?2623-12-2023 02:25
Ideas for my seminar paper?323-06-2023 15:57
Online voting1830-03-2023 21:41
The Book That Will Stop All War Instantly: New Creation New Society New World By Bodhi Udumbara1006-03-2023 05:33
Do not engage the target, as he might actually shut up and stop divulging info1017-02-2023 20:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact