Remember me
▼ Content

Heat


Heat24-05-2018 19:47
James___
★★★★★
(2173)
In the simplest term radiation is heat. This is because it's not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.
24-05-2018 20:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10984)
James___ wrote:
In the simplest term radiation is heat. This is because it's not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.


Radiance is heat, and only if it is absorbed, resulting in thermal energy.

Radiation is not heat. There is often this confusion between these words. Radiation can mean electromagnetic energy, protons, electrons, or simply the particulates of an explosion.

Radiance is about light specifically.

You are correct, however, in that heat is not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 24-05-2018 20:29
24-05-2018 22:37
James___
★★★★★
(2173)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
In the simplest term radiation is heat. This is because it's not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.


Radiance is heat, and only if it is absorbed, resulting in thermal energy.

Radiation is not heat. There is often this confusion between these words. Radiation can mean electromagnetic energy, protons, electrons, or simply the particulates of an explosion.

Radiance is about light specifically.

You are correct, however, in that heat is not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.



You've already stated that heat "is". What you posted is just more of your ramblings. It's difficult for me to say you taught me anything when I find nothing of value in your posts.
You seem to be contrary just to dock with someone. Has anyone watched I Robot ? tin seems to think he's the computer in that movie.
Edited on 24-05-2018 22:51
24-05-2018 22:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10984)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
In the simplest term radiation is heat. This is because it's not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.


Radiance is heat, and only if it is absorbed, resulting in thermal energy.

Radiation is not heat. There is often this confusion between these words. Radiation can mean electromagnetic energy, protons, electrons, or simply the particulates of an explosion.

Radiance is about light specifically.

You are correct, however, in that heat is not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.



You've already stated that heat "is". I don't consider you to know science.


We already knew of your opinion.


The Parrot Killer




Join the debate Heat:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N252624-01-2020 06:17
Definition of heat and heat pump4021-01-2020 18:21
Max Planck and Pierre Prevost on Net Thermal Radiation and Net Heat3227-09-2019 02:43
How does radiation heat CO2615-08-2019 05:38
Holding in heat1704-06-2019 19:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact