Remember me
▼ Content

Heat

Heat24-05-2018 19:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
In the simplest term radiation is heat. This is because it's not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.
24-05-2018 20:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
James___ wrote:
In the simplest term radiation is heat. This is because it's not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.

Radiance is heat, and only if it is absorbed, resulting in thermal energy.

Radiation is not heat. There is often this confusion between these words. Radiation can mean electromagnetic energy, protons, electrons, or simply the particulates of an explosion.

Radiance is about light specifically.

You are correct, however, in that heat is not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 24-05-2018 20:29
24-05-2018 22:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Radiation is not heat. There is often this confusion between these words. Radiation can mean electromagnetic energy, protons, electrons, or simply the particulates of an explosion.

You are correct, however, in that heat is not the KE associated with a molecule or atom.

You've already stated that heat "is". What you posted is just more of your ramblings. It's difficult for me to say you taught me anything when I find nothing of value in your posts.
You seem to be contrary just to dock with someone. Has anyone watched I Robot ? tin seems to think he's the computer in that movie.
Edited on 24-05-2018 22:51
24-05-2018 22:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

You've already stated that heat "is". I don't consider you to know science.

We already knew of your opinion.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Heat:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Some can take the heat, and214-10-2023 13:26
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
caest iron heat stoerage804-08-2021 06:52
The Atmosphere and Heat13617-02-2021 17:32
July 2020 - Feeling the Heat?7604-09-2020 05:45
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact