Remember me
▼ Content

Hail Mary


Hail Mary27-04-2020 21:44
keepit
★★★★☆
(1705)
All these states reopening seems like a hail mary for the economy. I sure hope it works. Maybe just let the old folks (like me) protect themselves as much as possible and let the younger people get the ball rolling again. If illness and death start to spike again i just don't know what is going to happen.
27-04-2020 22:08
James___
★★★★★
(3292)
keepit wrote:
All these states reopening seems like a hail mary for the economy. I sure hope it works. Maybe just let the old folks (like me) protect themselves as much as possible and let the younger people get the ball rolling again. If illness and death start to spike again i just don't know what is going to happen.



People will die but as some have said, who cares. Myself, what might be the bigger issue is how the IPCC keeps saying how we're doomed because of climate change. In 1940 the US was in the Great depression. In 80 years, life will end because of climate change.
I think because of that, people really either didn't care about this pandemic or it was a breath of fresh air and took the focus away from the IPCC's Doomsday Predictions.
With what the IPCC says and is what "End CO2 Emissions" people are saying, life could be good if we're willing to ruin the economy. And once people get back to life again, they'll probably tell the IPCC to "put a lid on it".
Edited on 27-04-2020 22:08
28-04-2020 00:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13500)
keepit wrote:
All these states reopening seems like a hail mary for the economy. I sure hope it works.

No reason not to. There was never a problem to begin with.
keepit wrote:
Maybe just let the old folks (like me) protect themselves as much as possible and let the younger people get the ball rolling again.

You can stay at home and cower in fear. Others will go on and live their lives without you.
keepit wrote:
If illness and death start to spike again i just don't know what is going to happen.

Fear mongering.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 00:56
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
keepit wrote:
All these states reopening seems like a hail mary for the economy.

States reopening IS good for the economy, but that does not magickally make the economic damage that has already been done go away.

keepit wrote:
I sure hope it works.

It's already known that capitalism works.

keepit wrote:
Maybe just let the old folks (like me) protect themselves as much as possible and let the younger people get the ball rolling again.

Meh. I wouldn't even say the elderly in general. I'd instead say people who have underlying respiratory conditions (such as COPD and cystic fibrosis).

keepit wrote:
If illness and death start to spike again i just don't know what is going to happen.

The world will keep spinning...
28-04-2020 04:52
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2550)
How many will die, do to civil unrest? You can't deny living, or the opportunity to earn a living, to hundreds of millions of healthy Americans. This people aren't at risk from dying from a respiratory infection. As they are forced into hiding, they are watching everything they worked for, dying. Savings and investments, almost gone. Loans unpaid, and no chance of getting caught up. People with nothing left to lose, are some of the most dangerous, and deadly people on earth. The longer the personal debt piles up, with no means of paying them, the more likely these people are going to riot, loot, and burn, in protest. Instead of suffering quietly, waiting for Nancy to quit playing politics, long enough to pass the next round of hand-outs, people are going to start just taking what they want and need, violently, if necessary. Consider the toilet paper shortage. When the rioting and looting begin, it's contagious. Even those with money, know they have to go out and grab what they can, while it lasts.
28-04-2020 04:56
keepit
★★★★☆
(1705)
They gotta keep doling out more cash, regardless of the fear mongering about inflation. I've gotta be more sensitive about financial hardship. God knows i've had plenty of it myself.
28-04-2020 16:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1239)
keepit wrote:
They gotta keep doling out more cash, regardless of the fear mongering about inflation. I've gotta be more sensitive about financial hardship. God knows i've had plenty of it myself.

Do you know what happens when a numerator stays the same but a denominator greatly increases?? For visualization purposes:

EXAMPLE #1: 50 / 100 = 0.5 (50%)

EXAMPLE #2: 50 / 1,000,000 = 0.00005 (0.005%)


Did the end result (that I have bolded) increase or did it decrease (from example #1 to example #2)?


Decrease, did you say?? Okay, so to put this into other words, the numerator (the "50" that I have put into red colored text) is now a much SMALLER "piece of the pie" than it previously was, is it not??


I just want to make sure that you understand the underlying mathematics before moving on to economics terminology.
28-04-2020 17:32
keepit
★★★★☆
(1705)
Why do you and ibd and itn post the trash you do?
28-04-2020 18:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13500)
keepit wrote:
They gotta keep doling out more cash, regardless of the fear mongering about inflation.

Continuing to print money like that will collapse the dollar.
keepit wrote:
I've gotta be more sensitive about financial hardship.
A collapsing dollar is financial hardship. You obviously aren't sensitive to it.
keepit wrote:
God knows i've had plenty of it myself.

Probably because you just sit there and whine, instead of going out and being productive.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 18:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13500)
keepit wrote:...deleted loaded question...Mantra 5.


No argument presented.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 19:56
keepit
★★★★☆
(1705)
So many misconceptions, so much baloney itn.




Join the debate Hail Mary:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact