▼ Content

"GREENLANDS melting ice may affect everyone"

"GREENLANDS melting ice may affect everyone"15-10-2019 22:44
Kagiso
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
I just read on national geo that the melting ice may affect everyone
Here is the link for more info https://dausel.co/ZeTIgV
Please comment and tel me what you think.
16-10-2019 02:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
Kagiso wrote:

I'm afraid to click the link, the horror, melting ice...

Yeah, well give it a couple months, and most of that melted ice will reappear, like magic.
16-10-2019 16:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Kagiso wrote:

I'm afraid to click the link, the horror, melting ice...

Yeah, well give it a couple months, and most of that melted ice will reappear, like magic.

So we are shown a picture of Greenland's infinite ice yet the article preaches:

Greenland's ice is shrinking, this we've known for a while, since the science of global warming, a famous climate scientist likes to say, is older than the technology that makes our iPhones fast and the Internet run smoothly.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-10-2019 17:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Kagiso wrote:

Hi Kagiso,
Almost have to wonder if it's not a part of global warming. Moscow just had it's coolest summer in recorded history going back 150 years. Do climate models account for that?
When Antarctica gains ice on one side while losing ice mass on it's other side, this is because ozone depletion changed the prevailing wind patterns.
With Greenland's ice melt, the jet stream moving below the English Channel could be taking the warm air that would normally flow to Moscow from the north of Scandinavia and have flowing west into the Arctic instead.
22-10-2019 09:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Harvey,
You said it right - MOST of that ice will reappear. And that is the problem, only most will reappear.
22-10-2019 10:50
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
You said it right - MOST of that ice will reappear. And that is the problem, only most will reappear.

Not really a problem, as there is often enough, more ice formed, than melted as well. The alarmist take their devastating effects photos at the end of the melting season, which aren't all that different from the years past. It's not the entire polar region, all at once, all the same, every year either. Some places melt little, to not at all, not every summer. There is quite a bit of ice at both poles, year-round. The melting ice, is seasonal, and been that way a long time. Where ever you live, you have seasonal weather, some year better, some are very extreme, doesn't always balance out. A brutal hot summer, does mean you get an equally extreme winter.
22-10-2019 17:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Harvey,
The scientists that study these things are much farther along than you think.
22-10-2019 23:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Kagiso wrote:

Like usual for the Natl Geographic magazine, they are just pushing Church of Global Warming chants.

It is not possible to measure the total snow and ice on Earth.

Greenland isn't melting.
The Arctic winter ice extent has been larger year after year for the past several years.
The Antarctic winter ice extent measured the largest extent in 2014...the largest ever recorded.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-10-2019 23:16
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Greenland ice is not disappearing, even in the summer. MORE ice is building in the Arctic than last year.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-10-2019 23:17
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
The scientists that study these things are much farther along than you think.

No science here...move along...move along...

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate "GREENLANDS melting ice may affect everyone":

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
how has joe biden affect climate change?119-01-2023 19:49
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact