▼ Content

gravity and temperature

Page 4 of 6<<<23456>
15-11-2021 07:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Really? I thought it was forcing heavy particles like Mercury to fall down to Earth.

Yes. Gravity, a force, accelerates mass.

So you were going to explain how gravity, which we have established accelerates mass, causes the particles in a mercury thermometer to have one reading one moment and then a different reading the next moment when gravity has not changed.

You do remember that I am all ears for that, right?

This is proving to be all the fun I had anticipated.

Dear Child of the Corn,

I have said gravity has an effect of pushing air particles east (or west in the tropics).

The movement of air particles is called wind.

Wind can bring dry or wet weather, and each will have different barometric pressures.

Gravity does not operate sideways. Gravity is not wind. Rain is not a barometric pressure.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-11-2021 07:30
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:I shared below 4 minute clip earlier. Did you miss it?
https://youtu.be/H5xKS4lTzGY

This is a six-and-a-half-minute video of a Cessna.

A Piper, actually. They built the Tri-Pacer. It is the tricycle version ('nose dragger' version) of the Pacer, a tail dragger.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-11-2021 07:31
(21597)
keepit wrote:
It's a test of your capability of refuting gravitational energy. I doubt if you can do it other than maybe making a semantic argument.
Name calling won't work. Neither will false accusations.

Gravity is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

15-11-2021 07:36
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Oops wrong link. Here you go.

https://youtu.be/zqG-TL0WnjE

Not free energy. Not a perpetual motion machine either.

See the first law of thermodynamics.

The Parrot Killer

15-11-2021 07:38
(21597)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Google "stellar nucleosynthesis" and you'll understand gravitational energy better.

Gravity is not energy.
A force is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

15-11-2021 13:12
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

A Piper, actually. They built the Tri-Pacer. It is the tricycle version ('nose dragger' version) of the Pacer, a tail dragger.

I stand corrected.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-11-2021 13:23
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:Oops wrong link. Here you go.

Your error is a rather silly one. The work, i.e. source of energy, to rotate the wheel is being provided by a human who alternates between extending the magnet forward and retracting it back. He could have instead just flicked the wheel with his fingers and rotated it that way.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-11-2021 16:35
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:That reminds me, I have one more on the way. It will be my favorite.

As promised, attached is the remaining set.

Notice that it has no numerical value listed ... because it is non-denominational!

hahaha, love the sense of humor there!
15-11-2021 22:48
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:

Your error is a rather silly one. The work, i.e. source of energy, to rotate the wheel is being provided by a human who alternates between extending the magnet forward and retracting it back. He could have instead just flicked the wheel with his fingers and rotated it that way.

The latter part of the video automates moving the stator magnet in this way. It does NOT show giving the wheel a spin to get it started, or show the wheel long enough where the slowdown is obvious.

In other words, the usual parlor trick with 'perpetual motion machines'. Like any magicians trick, it's all about redirection and lying with a straight face.

This magician, however, doesn't tell you he's lying. It's magick.

The Parrot Killer

16-11-2021 20:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@spongy iris, at besslerwheel.com, a perpetual motion forum they say this is why it's impossible.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1LeYYidRXlk

Conservation of energy is not perpetual motion.
Yet in that forum, enough of its members will say prove it to me.
Basically they want credit for what someone does if someone understands the first law of thermodynamics. Energy can be converted and if gravity has no energy then it cannot have force.
16-11-2021 22:33
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

First, let's address your position that NO wind is caused by "uneven heating"

I never said that.

Edited on 16-11-2021 23:17
16-11-2021 22:37
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:There is never zero wind outdoors. Particles are never absolutely still.

So it is your position that gravity therefore causes particle movement?

Yes

Gravity is not thermal energy.

It is a force, no? A force can move particles.

A force is not energy.

You can harvest energy using a force.

16-11-2021 22:47
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

Wind is not caused by gravity.

ALL of it is caused by uneven heating of the Earth.

Thermals are not wind.

They are flying due to falling. All flight is based on falling...with style...quite literally.

Due to uneven heating. The Sun sets in the West, you see.

Yes there is. The Sun rises in the east and sets in the west, you see.

ALL wind is caused by uneven heating.

You often seem to express your opinion as if it's a fact. I try to avoid doing that. Anyway...

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west at the equator, and at 38 degrees north. Why then do winds prevail in moving eastward at 38 degrees north, and moving westward at the equator?

16-11-2021 22:50
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
[

Is gravity any less on a calm day? No.

I didn't say gravity was the ONLY cause of winds' movement. I said it was A cause.

16-11-2021 22:54
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

So why does mercury rise against the pull of gravity in a mercury thermometer?

It expands. But it still can't float like air.

16-11-2021 23:01
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

Gravity does not operate sideways.

Wind movements suggest it prevails in pushing air east in most of the world, and west in the tropics.

16-11-2021 23:03
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

Did you watch the whole video? They built a stick to wack it upward with each spin to accomplish that task.

16-11-2021 23:13
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The latter part of the video automates moving the stator magnet in this way. It does NOT show giving the wheel a spin to get it started, or show the wheel long enough where the slowdown is obvious.

In other words, the usual parlor trick with 'perpetual motion machines'. Like any magicians trick, it's all about redirection and lying with a straight face.

This magician, however, doesn't tell you he's lying. It's magick.

It looked like to start the spinning, they pulled a lever to drop the magnetic bar.

It looks like it is spinning steady for a good amount of time. I'm not sure what would slow it down unless the magnets stopped working...

17-11-2021 00:37
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:First, let's address your position that NO wind is caused by "uneven heating"
I never said that.

It is exactly what you are saying when you claim that it is not thermal energy that causes particle motion.

I never accused you of knowing what you were saying, although you keep omitting that phrase "not thermal energy" when you quote my text.
17-11-2021 00:41
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:You can harvest energy using a force.

This is gibberish. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you just tipped your king.
17-11-2021 00:41
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:First, let's address your position that NO wind is caused by "uneven heating"
I never said that.

It is exactly what you are saying when you claim that it is not thermal energy that causes particle motion.

I never accused you of knowing what you were saying, although you keep omitting that phrase "not thermal energy" when you quote my text.

It appears to be not just uneven heating that causes wind, but also gravity.

17-11-2021 00:48
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:You can harvest energy using a force.

This is gibberish. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you just tipped your king.

Dude look up how windmills create electricity if you want to understand all the steps in an example of how energy is harvested from a force called wind.

17-11-2021 00:50
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:You often seem to express your opinion as if it's a fact. I try to avoid doing that. Anyway...

You do it every time you fail to support your arguments.

For example, you expressed your mistaken opinion as fact that gravity, a mere force, and not thermal energy, which is energy, accomplishes the work, which requires energy, of causing wind.
17-11-2021 00:53
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:Dude look up how windmills create electricity if you want to understand all the steps in an example of how energy is harvested from a force called wind.

Dude, make an affirmative argument that doesn't violate physics and I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

17-11-2021 00:54
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:It appears to be not just uneven heating that causes wind, but also gravity.

No, it does not appear that way. Why do you make the claim?

17-11-2021 00:58
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:You often seem to express your opinion as if it's a fact. I try to avoid doing that. Anyway...

You do it every time you fail to support your arguments.

For example, you expressed your mistaken opinion as fact that gravity, a mere force, and not thermal energy, which is energy, accomplishes the work, which requires energy, of causing wind.

Why can't there be more than 1 cause of wind?

17-11-2021 01:00
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Dude look up how windmills create electricity if you want to understand all the steps in an example of how energy is harvested from a force called wind.

Dude, make an affirmative argument that doesn't violate physics and I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

Windmills don't violate physics.

17-11-2021 01:02
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:It appears to be not just uneven heating that causes wind, but also gravity.

Why does wind move west in the tropics and east in the rest of the world?

17-11-2021 01:02
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:It looks like it is spinning steady for a good amount of time.

Such things exist. Their decrease in speed is very gradual, ergo, a human would need more time
to notice any decrease than the amount alotted in the video.

Spongy Iris wrote:I'm not sure what would slow it down .....

Friction.
17-11-2021 01:06
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

This is a question and is not any sort of affirmative argument.

In what direction do you claim wind does not blow in the tropics?

17-11-2021 01:06
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

Friction.

Maybe keep the wheel well lubed.

17-11-2021 01:08
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Why does wind prevail in moving west in the tropics and east in the rest of the world?

This is a question and is not any sort of affirmative argument.

I thought you might understand the Socratic method.

17-11-2021 01:13
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Friction.
Maybe keep the wheel well lubed.

That would possibly reduce the friction but the amount of friction will always be greater than zero, no matter how small you make it.
17-11-2021 01:19
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:I thought you might understand the Socratic method.

I do understand it well. It was how Socrates was able to teach a child the Pythagorean theorem.

In the Socratic method, all questions must be rhetorical.

Your error is that a question cannot be rhetorical if it is erroneous.
17-11-2021 01:24
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:Why can't there be more than 1 cause of wind?

Wrong question.

The correct question is "Why isn't there be more than one cause of wind?"

The correct answer is "I don't know. Science doesn't explain why it is the way it is."
17-11-2021 01:26
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:Windmills don't violate physics.

Windmills aren't an affirmative argument.
17-11-2021 01:53
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You do realize that there isn't just one 'wind'? There are many, at different speeds and directions. I do time lapse sunset videos often. Had clouds moving three different directions s few times. I fly drones. The wind speed near the ground, isn't the same as 200 feet up. Florida only gets cold, when the wind is blowing down from the north.
17-11-2021 02:51
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

Wrong question.

The correct answer is "I don't know. Science doesn't explain why it is the way it is."

The answer is blowing in the wind.

17-11-2021 03:05
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Wrong question.

The answer is blowing in the wind.

All we are, is dust in the wind, dude.

17-11-2021 04:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I think the coriolis force has an effect on wind. It isn't a real force though.
Page 4 of 6<<<23456>

Join the debate gravity and temperature:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Can we trust the satellite and surface-based temperature records?123-04-2024 16:21
Gravity1030-03-2024 02:38
Gravity Has Energy Debate3303-02-2024 17:02
Present temperature spike July '233127-09-2023 00:27
Surface temperature of earth according to Boltzmann law5610-05-2023 15:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact