Remember me
▼ Content

good news and speculation

good news and speculation17-06-2020 17:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
good news - A study showed that dexamethasone improves survival rate of seriously ill (ventilator and o2 patients ) covid patients by reducing the cytokine storm. Very important to reduce the cytokine storm for ill patients and for vaccine effectiveness.

speculation - what would a mutation of covid look like epidemiologically? Suppose a single virus (virion) mutates into a less dangerous form and then spreads to nearby parts of the country. What would the charts and maps of disease in the various states look like. It seems to me that some of the maps and charts look very strange lately. Could this be explained by a few virions mutating and then spreading.

Could trump be right about the virus someday just going away? Could a monkey on a motorbike kidnap a child?
17-06-2020 18:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
There is nothing to fear regarding the rice-a-rona... No vaccine is required.

Get some sunshine, dude... it helps!
17-06-2020 19:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
gfm,
Boringgg.
17-06-2020 19:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
It seems to me that some of the maps and charts look very strange lately. Could this be explained by a few virions mutating and then spreading.

Could this be explained by bogus "data" being reported by individuals with an agenda?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
17-06-2020 19:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:

Agree! Sunshine and exercise will cure about any mild ailment.

Hey keepit, I've got some really cool basement skylights I'll sell you!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
17-06-2020 20:01
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Both of those things work for me, anyway.
18-06-2020 17:31
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
keepit wrote:
good news - A study showed that dexamethasone improves survival rate of seriously ill (ventilator and o2 patients ) covid patients by reducing the cytokine storm. Very important to reduce the cytokine storm for ill patients and for vaccine effectiveness.

speculation - what would a mutation of covid look like epidemiologically? Suppose a single virus (virion) mutates into a less dangerous form and then spreads to nearby parts of the country. What would the charts and maps of disease in the various states look like. It seems to me that some of the maps and charts look very strange lately. Could this be explained by a few virions mutating and then spreading.

Could trump be right about the virus someday just going away? Could a monkey on a motorbike kidnap a child?

I think it's here to stay. There are, and will continue to be mutations. Most mutations don't survive to reproduce, let alone spread. There is no cure, or universal vaccine. Mutations are part of the reason why we have a cold and flu season. What keeps the infections down be low epidemic proportions, is that a large portion of the population is immune to many of those virus, and don't get sick enough to spread them. 2-3 years, and Covid-19 should be just like any other cold virus. Might take twice as long, with all this lockdown, mask wearing crap. On the bright side... Since we are going the extra mile, to avoid spreading this frightening cold virus, we have also been keeping people from getting infected with the more common cold and flu viruses. Although common now, they too were once pandemics, some were pretty bad too. I don't think we really hurt the natural level of immunity to limit the usual spread of the regular colds and flus yet, but if we do the lockdowns and masks things for another year or two, then we are going to see major outbreaks, of dozens of seasonal viruses. Covid-19, will be the least of out worries. What we've been doing for Covid-19, could actual become normal, and mandatory. Which, of course, will just keep making the problem worse. Nature always wins. We can accept the losses now, and continue to live freely, normally. Or we can thin the herd, fighting a battle, mostly against ourselves, and lose greater numbers. Covid-19 is mostly deadly to the older people in poor health. Influenza (flu) isn't so picky. The old, very young, and those physically weakened are all at risk of dying. Maintaining a natural level of 'herd' immunity limits the spread. Containment of Covid-19, was already futile, since it was already spread worldwide, before China admitted the existence, and closed the international airport, which was right next to ground zero.
19-06-2020 05:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Doesn't that mean that you'll need to put your beer down first? Oops!!
19-06-2020 06:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Not beer. Hint:

... now, add in the Rammstein ... and you'll have a POINT that will be very diificult for anyone to refute.

Everything else is L - A - M - E.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-06-2020 06:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Not beer. Hint:

... now, add in the Rammstein ... and you'll have a POINT that will be very diificult for anyone to refute.

Everything else is L - A - M - E.

N-E-I-N !!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSaa3vC_n2k

Am actually drinking a Heineken

Edited on 19-06-2020 06:44
19-06-2020 07:09
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Doing all I can to get the Corona. Nothing is working.

Attached image:

19-06-2020 07:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Doing all I can to get the Corona. Nothing is working.

Umm, no lime? If you take 2 limes and cut them up to 6 pieces each. Then administer 1 per corona, in the morning you will probably have the corona flu. It's not the same as the virus but if it helps you to feel better about not having corona virus, I'd prescribe that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo
Edited on 19-06-2020 07:34
19-06-2020 07:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
James___ wrote: Umm, no lime?

Oh, gimme a break! There's no lime needed with:

... but yes ... listen to the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo[/quote]

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate good news and speculation:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Breaking News. Liberal turd Dianne Feinstein croaked and as such I will mourn in my030-09-2023 02:00
Breaking News- Please call 843-963-3600, if you have seen our crashed F35 Lego jet219-09-2023 14:52
fox news3516-09-2023 13:27
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact