▼ Content

global warming

Page 2 of 2<12
16-08-2019 16:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
tmiddles,
That post about the rain forest and cattle rang so true.
I remember a song, Joni Mitchell i think, about a tree museum.
And cutting down a forest for cattle ranching is so outrageous!!
16-08-2019 17:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:just stop spending, or more realistically, spend as little money as possible.

I think that you can make things valuable by investing money in them.

If you don't want a rain forest cut down for cattle the most reliable way of doing that it to make worth more to tourism.

You don't always have to fight capitalism you can wield it.

Case in point: Organic food.

For people that are into it there is a HUGE business now and plenty of farmers are cashing in.

The answer wasn't to not buy GMO it was to actively buy organic.

There is GMO food in organic food. Most domesticated animals are genetically modified. Many fruits are as well, such as most blueberries (even 'organic' ones).

It is the food processors and distributors that are cashing in. It's purely a labeling scheme, kind of like the scam around 'fine' wines.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-08-2019 19:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Anybody remember "they paved paradise, put up a parking lot"?
It's an old song.
Edited on 16-08-2019 19:28
16-08-2019 20:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:It is the food processors and distributors that are cashing in. It's purely a labeling scheme, kind of like the scam around 'fine' wines.

Is there ANY food that is not organic?

Hint: Define "organic."
Meta-Hint: contains a carbon atom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hj1wGQ7rh8&t=39

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 16-08-2019 20:12
16-08-2019 21:03
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:
It's an old song.

Also Talking Heads (Nothing But) Flowers

"Organic" is a good example of a word with a new additional definition.
The standards make it a bit like saying Kosher
They vary but on the same theme
16-08-2019 21:29
(14377)
tmiddles wrote:"Organic" is a good example of a word with a new additional definition.

Like "Organic Chemistry"? "Organic Minerals"? "Organic Matter"?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-08-2019 21:37
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:"Organic" is a good example of a word with a new additional definition.

I said like Kosher

It's not a dictionary thing, a group of people get together and they say we're going to call this organic farming in the country of France. They literally make a list of rules regulations and guidelines. It's a human constructed system. It varies country to Country. Again not to be found in the dictionary but to be found by the organization involved. Like kosher
16-08-2019 21:49
(14377)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I said like Kosher

Is that a "yes"?

17-08-2019 01:00
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:It is the food processors and distributors that are cashing in. It's purely a labeling scheme, kind of like the scam around 'fine' wines.

Is there ANY food that is not organic?

Hint: Define "organic."
Meta-Hint: contains a carbon atom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hj1wGQ7rh8&t=39

Water, salt. Okay, water is not typically described as 'food', but we do ingest it. Salt is sometimes called food, but its more of a seasoning.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-08-2019 01:02
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
It's an old song.

Also Talking Heads (Nothing But) Flowers

"Organic" is a good example of a word with a new additional definition.

It's just like Kosher. The only difference is the religion blessing it.

The Parrot Killer

17-08-2019 01:19
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:

Is gluten free a religion?

How about nut free?
17-08-2019 02:29
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Is gluten free a religion?

How about nut free?

Yes. I call the Church of the Hypochondria, somewhat related to the Church of Green.

There are true allergies to certain nuts, and much more rarely, glutens such as wheat. Most who claim such allergies do NOT have them. It's psychosomatic.

Normally, your body goes through different allergies as it ages. When I was younger, I had a class 4 allergy to cut ryegrass (that is a disabling allergy, in my case, it caused temporary blindness). This grass is typically used in freeway medians. If I passed someone mowing it, I had to get off the road in minutes.

Today, I have no reaction to it at all other than an occasional sneeze. I simply grew out of it. My body learned to not overreact to it.

People who get stung too much by bees may develop an allergic reaction to them.

Allergies are funny things. What is sad is that people imaging a lot of allergies they don't actually have purely so they can get some attention. They are lonely people with little meaning to their lives.

The Parrot Killer

17-08-2019 02:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Various countries have various organizations that specify certain qualifications for a product to be labeled as "organic". It isn't defined as having carbon in it!
17-08-2019 02:34
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Various countries have various organizations that specify certain qualifications for a product to be labeled as "organic". It isn't defined as having carbon in it!

I have a can of green beans that claim to be "extra fancy" but to be honest, they really are extra fancy.
17-08-2019 02:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Yeah, but are they green?
Just kidding.
17-08-2019 02:36
(21559)
keepit wrote:

Correct. It's like Kosher. The only difference is the religion blessing it.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate global warming:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact