Remember me
▼ Content

Global Cooling, caused by man-made CO2?


Global Cooling, caused by man-made CO2?29-01-2019 00:56
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2543)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/science-says-get-used-to-polar-vortex-outbreaks/911194258

It's a complicated story that involves a hefty dose of chaos and an interplay among multiple influences, so extracting a clear signal of the Arctic's role is challenging," said Jennifer Francis, a climate scientist at the Woods Hole Research Center. Several recent papers have made the case for the connection, she noted.

"This symptom of global warming is counterintuitive for those in the cross-hairs of these extreme cold spells," Francis said in an email. "But these events provide an excellent opportunity to help the public understand some of the 'interesting' ways that climate change will unfold."


Kind of wonder when we would have some winter "Climate Change"... Seems to me that they really go the extra mile to pin anything, and everything on man-made CO2, and avoid the more obvious. It's winter, of course it's cold, sometimes brutal too... I remember too many winters, where we'd hardly get more than a few days, before the next brutal storm, going on for weeks. Snow wouldn't even get a chance to melt, just kept getting higher, as the snowplows kept pushing off to the side, more accumulates on top.
29-01-2019 22:50
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2543)
Could believe the temperatures on the weather map, for the northern states this morning. Was sort of wondering if Al Gore's Hockey-Stick Graph was upside-down. Seems like we are heading into an ice age, at an alarming rate. I'm glad all you northern people are doing your part, and cutting down the global average temperature. I've been lucky, my part of the state has stayed just below the freeze-warning zone all winter, and sort of looks like the worst of this cold will stay a little north of here. It's still cold, well down to the mid 40s at night, got up to 64 F today, still chilly though, put on a long sleaved shirt, when I stepped out to fly my 'drone'.
29-01-2019 23:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13487)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/science-says-get-used-to-polar-vortex-outbreaks/911194258

It's a complicated story that involves a hefty dose of chaos and an interplay among multiple influences, so extracting a clear signal of the Arctic's role is challenging," said Jennifer Francis, a climate scientist at the Woods Hole Research Center. Several recent papers have made the case for the connection, she noted.

"This symptom of global warming is counterintuitive for those in the cross-hairs of these extreme cold spells," Francis said in an email. "But these events provide an excellent opportunity to help the public understand some of the 'interesting' ways that climate change will unfold."


Kind of wonder when we would have some winter "Climate Change"..
They've actually done that for quite awhile. They couldn't really blame cold temperatures in winter on 'global warming', so they changed the buzzword to 'climate change' instead. It's been around since the 90's.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Seems to me that they really go the extra mile to pin anything, and everything on man-made CO2, and avoid the more obvious.

Of course they do. As you can see from the article, they can't even define either 'global warming' or 'climate change'. They just say, "It's complicated. You're tiny brain can't understand.". What a cop-out.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2019 23:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13487)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Could believe the temperatures on the weather map, for the northern states this morning. Was sort of wondering if Al Gore's Hockey-Stick Graph was upside-down. Seems like we are heading into an ice age, at an alarming rate. I'm glad all you northern people are doing your part, and cutting down the global average temperature. I've been lucky, my part of the state has stayed just below the freeze-warning zone all winter, and sort of looks like the worst of this cold will stay a little north of here. It's still cold, well down to the mid 40s at night, got up to 64 F today, still chilly though, put on a long sleaved shirt, when I stepped out to fly my 'drone'.


Nah. We're not going into an ice age either. The Earth's orbit is actually reducing it's eccentricity right now. We will reach minimum eccentricity in about 2800 years.

Be sure to keep the frost off the propeller blades of your drone! Oh, and keep your batteries warm when you charge them and just before use. They don't work so well when cold! Enjoy your flight!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 29-01-2019 23:14
31-01-2019 00:22
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1238)
Yeah, it's going to be -30°F in my particular area of South Central WI tonight, and it will be over 40°F by mid-day Saturday... I guess that 70°F temperature swing in about a 55 hour time frame means that Climate Change MUST be real!!!
31-01-2019 03:26
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2543)
gfm7175 wrote:
Yeah, it's going to be -30°F in my particular area of South Central WI tonight, and it will be over 40°F by mid-day Saturday... I guess that 70°F temperature swing in about a 55 hour time frame means that Climate Change MUST be real!!!


Well, the climate did change... Don't worry, I'm sure the OPCC will smooth that out some for us, before the next hockey-stick graph is released. Enjoy the cold now, give you something to think about later this year, when the temperatures skyrock, to maintain that warming trend. It's the average temperature over time, so if we go through brutal cold now, it's got to be historic highs later in the year.

Wonder if people still burn coal to heat homes and large buildings. Suppose most were converted to natural gas a long time ago, since it would be pretty much labor free, no more shoveling, no mess to sweep up.
31-01-2019 17:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13487)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Yeah, it's going to be -30°F in my particular area of South Central WI tonight, and it will be over 40°F by mid-day Saturday... I guess that 70°F temperature swing in about a 55 hour time frame means that Climate Change MUST be real!!!


Well, the climate did change... Don't worry, I'm sure the OPCC will smooth that out some for us, before the next hockey-stick graph is released. Enjoy the cold now, give you something to think about later this year, when the temperatures skyrock, to maintain that warming trend. It's the average temperature over time, so if we go through brutal cold now, it's got to be historic highs later in the year.

Wonder if people still burn coal to heat homes and large buildings. Suppose most were converted to natural gas a long time ago, since it would be pretty much labor free, no more shoveling, no mess to sweep up.


People still burn coal to heat homes and large buildings. The coal is burned at a power plant, and the building or home itself is heated electrically.

I know some homes that are also heated with coal. They shovel it and clean it up like any fireplace.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
31-01-2019 17:22
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1238)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Well, the climate did change...

That it did
And it's going to do so again...


HarveyH55 wrote:
Don't worry, I'm sure the OPCC will smooth that out some for us, before the next hockey-stick graph is released. Enjoy the cold now, give you something to think about later this year, when the temperatures skyrock, to maintain that warming trend. It's the average temperature over time, so if we go through brutal cold now, it's got to be historic highs later in the year.

Haha, well, we'll see what happens in my area of the country this Summer... It gets bad enough when it gets into the 80s...

HarveyH55 wrote:
Wonder if people still burn coal to heat homes and large buildings.

I guess I wouldn't know if any people directly burn coal anymore (I personally don't know any who do), but people indirectly use coal to heat homes if they make use of electricity [space heaters and the such].

HarveyH55 wrote:
Suppose most were converted to natural gas a long time ago, since it would be pretty much labor free, no more shoveling, no mess to sweep up.

Correct. My home is primarily heated by natural gas. I also make use of a fireplace (wood powered) to supplement the natural gas heating during the Winter [which has come in REALLY handy with these double digit negative temps as of lately]. It saves me quite a bit of money on natural gas, as I never need to buy any of the wood (we just cut it down from my grandma's property, use the wood splitter to split it, and haul it over to my place to cure for a season or two).
31-01-2019 21:10
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/science-says-get-used-to-polar-vortex-outbreaks/911194258

It's a complicated story that involves a hefty dose of chaos and an interplay among multiple influences, so extracting a clear signal of the Arctic's role is challenging," said Jennifer Francis, a climate scientist at the Woods Hole Research Center. Several recent papers have made the case for the connection, she noted.

"This symptom of global warming is counterintuitive for those in the cross-hairs of these extreme cold spells," Francis said in an email. "But these events provide an excellent opportunity to help the public understand some of the 'interesting' ways that climate change will unfold."


Kind of wonder when we would have some winter "Climate Change"... Seems to me that they really go the extra mile to pin anything, and everything on man-made CO2, and avoid the more obvious. It's winter, of course it's cold, sometimes brutal too... I remember too many winters, where we'd hardly get more than a few days, before the next brutal storm, going on for weeks. Snow wouldn't even get a chance to melt, just kept getting higher, as the snowplows kept pushing off to the side, more accumulates on top.


Why do you suppose that they talk about this cold spell being related to Climate Change but don't mention that there were several like cold spells in the 1920's over this same area?
31-01-2019 21:17
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2543)
80s? We should be seeing some of that later next week, normal winter weather finally. My dad had 5 wood splitters(us kids), we only heated the house with wood. Cutting firewood took up a lot of our summer vacation from school, and into the fall (dad liked to make a quick buck off our hard work). He'd sell some, and we'd have to cut and split a bunch more. It was an all day, all weekend, and some during the week (mostly the splitting and stacking). Mt. Hood National Forest sold daily permits, and dad wanted to get his $5.00 worth. They use to drag a lot of the deadfall near the access roads, so it wasn't too bad, unless dad spotted some hardwood further down (had good eyes). He'd run the chainsaw, and we'd carry the wood back to the truck, and stack it as high as we could go. Then, dad would have us unload some of it, so we could squeeze on a little more, tie it down.




Join the debate Global Cooling, caused by man-made CO2?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Can CO2 be temporarily stored if necessary?2016-10-2020 21:12
Why is CO2 the key to our survival?1327-09-2020 17:27
The NCOVID Lock Down Prove CO2 Emission Do Not Cause Global Warming Climate Change1215-09-2020 04:37
The ACTUAL Percentage of Atmospheric CO26403-09-2020 05:12
CO2 sensor112-08-2020 19:10
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact