Remember me
▼ Content

Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..

Page 11 of 11<<<91011
06-05-2024 20:57
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(791)
sealover wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:[quote]Robert R Northup wrote:But petroleum also contains a lot of coke, which is nearly pure carbon.
Nope. Petroleum does not contain any coke.
Robert R Northup wrote:Either process, petroleum or coal formation, also generates natural gas. [deleted severely damaged quoting]

WRONG. You are still denying chemistry.

At one point I thought Robert R Northup, the artist extraordinaire who was kind enough to share his published 2005 creation with us, i.e. Cyclical Continuum ...

... might possibly be able to contribute to this forum in a value-added way through actual chemistry.

It would seem that he doesn't really know any chemistry. He doesn't know any other science either.

If I am going to "dox" myself, I should insult myself while I'm at it.

Technical point:

Anyone can look up the term "petroleum coke".

The comment "Petroleum does not contain any coke" is INCORRECT.

Perhaps it could have said "Refined petroleum does not contain any coke."

That would have been a correct statement, sort of.

But it would have been a pivot response to the statement that "..petroleum also contains a lot of coke.."

Besides, "refined petroleum" isn't even called "petroleum" anymore.

Please, no stupid word games.
06-05-2024 21:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21962)
Im a BM wrote:
Technical point:

Petroleum does not contain any coke, nor is an ingredient in Coca-Cola.

The stupid word games are YOURS, Sock. You cannot blame your problems on anybody else. They are YOUR problems.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-05-2024 21:28
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(791)
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Technical point:

The stupid word games are YOURS, Sock. You cannot blame your problems on anybody else. They are YOUR problems.

The natural assumption would be that "petroleum" refers to "unrefined petroleum".

Is it your assertion that unrefined petroleum does not contain any coke?

If so, you are WRONG AGAIN.
06-05-2024 21:29
(21962)
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Technical point:

The natural assumption would be that "petroleum" refers to "unrefined petroleum".

Petroleum does not contain any coke.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-05-2024 21:37
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(791)
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Technical point:

Here is one definition:

"Petroleum coke, abbreviated coke, pet coke, or petcoke, is a final carbon-rich solid material that derives from oil refining, and is one type of the group of fuels known as coke."

Petroleum DOES contain coke.

At least it does here in the real world.
06-05-2024 22:41
(21962)
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Technical point:

Here is one definition:

"Petroleum coke, abbreviated coke, pet coke, or petcoke, is a final carbon-rich solid material that derives from oil refining, and is one type of the group of fuels known as coke."

Petroleum DOES contain coke.

At least it does here in the real world.

Redefinition fallacy.
Petroleum does not contain coke. Your hallucinations do not change that.
You do not get to declare reality for anyone else. Omniscience fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

07-05-2024 00:49
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert R Northup wrote:But petroleum also contains a lot of coke, which is nearly pure carbon.
Robert R Northup wrote:Either process, petroleum or coal formation, also generates natural gas. [deleted severely damaged quoting]

At one point I thought Robert R Northup, the artist extraordinaire who was kind enough to share his published 2005 creation with us, i.e. Cyclical Continuum ...

... might possibly be able to contribute to this forum in a value-added way through actual chemistry.

It would seem that he doesn't really know any chemistry. He doesn't know any other science either.

07-05-2024 17:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14537)
Im a BM wrote:Here is one definition:

Ergo, according to this definition, coke is not petroleum. Coke is a different group of fuels. Try reading it again.

Petroleum does NOT contain coke. Petroleum contains hydrocarbons. The petroleum refining process produces a byproduct that is rich in carbon, i.e. coke. Once the coke comes into existence, it is not in the petroleum.
07-05-2024 19:48
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert R Northup wrote:But petroleum also contains a lot of coke, which is nearly pure carbon.

10-05-2024 05:28
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(791)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

11-05-2024 13:34
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

11-05-2024 19:49
(21962)
Stop spamming.
12-05-2024 00:02
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

We now have it, on the irrefutable and infallible authority of Into the Night, that this post by IBdaMann is "spam".

Some might call it a beautiful picture being used to dox a site member.
13-05-2024 01:13
(21962)
Stop spamming.
13-05-2024 04:23
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

"Stop spamming." - Into the Night

We now have it, based on irrefutable and infallible authority, that this post by IBdaMann is "spam".

14-05-2024 02:36
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

When I opened up this website a moment ago, I saw a list of the 15 most recently active threads.

A DOZEN OF THE "LAST POST"s were by Into the Night. who says:

We now have it, based on irrefutable and infallible authority, that this post by IBdaMann is "spam".

14-05-2024 23:29
(21962)
Stop spamming.
19-05-2024 01:45
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

When I opened up this website a moment ago, I saw a list of the 15 most recently active threads.

19-05-2024 04:07
(21962)
Stop whining. Stop spamming.
20-05-2024 21:17
sealover
★★★★☆
(1601)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Page 11 of 11<<<91011

Join the debate Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using fossil fuel is mass murder.!?3304-02-2024 08:12
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Nitrate Reduction - Powerful Greenhouse Gas Emission AND Alkalinity10205-06-2023 13:19
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
World Reliance on Fuel Derived from the Ground.3420-10-2022 04:00
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact