Remember me
▼ Content

Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..

Page 4 of 10<<<23456>>>
03-09-2022 23:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Take your pills

Please

I can't stomach anything within 24 hours of taking your nonsense and now the doctor is talking about putting me on bed rest, but I don't need it.

Says the fool who denies the last ice age and the holocaust

What ice age????!?

The Holocaust occurred. Why do you deny written history?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-09-2022 23:31
(21596)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:[quote]IBdaMann wrote:Says the fool who denies the last ice age and the holocaust

I deny all ice ages. Where did you get the Holocaust denial? Should I call you "tswandles"?

Why should any rational adult believe that all moraines were under ice at the same time? You have made it clear why totally insane lunatics might believe it but why should a rational, independently-thinking adult who is not a complete moron believe it?

Actually you deny everything that you did not see happen, which as you say includes all ice ages and the holocaust as well.

CIAO

Word stuffing. Gaslighting. He has never denied the Holocaust.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-09-2022 23:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
tswandles wrote:Actually you deny everything that you did not see happen,

Incorrect.

I certainly reject claims that I consider physically impossible, but I'm fine with observations of others.

Are you claiming to have observed an ice age?
04-09-2022 01:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:LOL I said that fossils do not burn, you would know this if you were not retarded. Yawn

You quite clearly implied that fossils burn fuel, that they specifically burn fossil fuel, and you were going to draw up a list of such fuels burned by fossils so I can throw that list in Into the Night's face and say "See, both Swan and I TOLD YOU that fossils burn ... fuels."

Just get me that list. I am *sooooo* ready to throw it in his face.

You are assuming that any of the nonsense here matters, when it does not. So again fossils do not burn, but fossil fuels do.

Irrational. Paradox. Fossils do not burn. They are not used as fuel.

Fossil fuels burn very well, at least on Earth. Where do your people come from

So you just rename anything on the Earth that annoys you instead of dealing with it and learning as you go.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
04-09-2022 05:37
(14401)
Swan wrote:So you just rename anything on the Earth that annoys you

Wait ... you are the one who tried to redefine "amphibious" just because you find amphibious animals annoying.
Attached image:

04-09-2022 07:59
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:LOL I said that fossils do not burn, you would know this if you were not retarded. Yawn

You quite clearly implied that fossils burn fuel, that they specifically burn fossil fuel, and you were going to draw up a list of such fuels burned by fossils so I can throw that list in Into the Night's face and say "See, both Swan and I TOLD YOU that fossils burn ... fuels."

You are assuming that any of the nonsense here matters, when it does not. So again fossils do not burn, but fossil fuels do.

So you just rename anything on the Earth that annoys you instead of dealing with it and learning as you go.

Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself.

The Parrot Killer

RE: 8% of United States methane emissions are from coal mines.04-09-2022 11:15
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
8% of United States methane emissions are from coal mines.

Coal mines, operating or abandoned, account for 8% of US methane emissions.

Coal mines are always associated with methane.

Methane forms along with the coal during geologic metamorphosis of buried accumulations of terrestrial wetland organic matter.

Earlier in this thread it was noted that methane oxidizing bacteria can use oxygen, O2, to transform methane, CH4, into carbon dioxide and water, CO2 and H2O.

Given that the global warming potential of methane is 20-30 times that of carbon dioxide, it could be of value to cultivate methane oxidizing bacteria and provide them with appropriate conditions to capture escaping methane, and turn it into carbon dioxide.

Fun fact: As noted by a poster, "You can drill for oil in Hawaii".

Sure you can drill, but nobody has ever found any within a thousand miles of the islands. Easy to check out that little factoid.

The sea floor around Hawaii contains no remnants of continental shelf where petroleum could have formed from dead microorganisms in shallow seas.

On the other hand, plate tectonics have driven places that used to be shallow seas up into the continents. Knowing where the shallow seas used to be the how a lot of oil gets discovered.

Iceland is pretty far from the North Sea oil fields, which is shallow sea on continental shelf to this day.

There is some continental shelf not too far from Iceland where oil is expected to be found soon.

Iceland itself formed from magma coming out of the splitting sea floor.

I guess it could be said, "You can drill for oil in Iceland". But you won't find it.

Yellowstone actually has places where some petroleum comes to the surface along with hydrothermal water.

But the nearby oil fields are relatively shallow, formed where ancient sea floor got pushed up into the continental plate a long, long time ago. Natural petroleum got picked up by rising geothermal water. Magic petroleum did not come up from many miles below ground.
04-09-2022 12:13
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have to ask, Atmospheric concentration of methane is 1.7ppm and CO2 400ppm but methane is 20-30 times global warming potential. 30 x 1.7 equals 51 Therefore in the grand scheme of things 51 is a lower number than 400. Have I got this right. The Earth is not warming. The weather is not changing any different than any other time in history. I worked out that people that fall for the media wish to believe the media. Its a cop out
04-09-2022 13:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:So you just rename anything on the Earth that annoys you

Wait ... you are the one who tried to redefine "amphibious" just because you find amphibious animals annoying.

Claims the idiot who denies the ice age and the holocaust both.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

04-09-2022 13:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself.

For as long as you exist, you are proof that your mother did not have abortion access and that this is wrong.

ULTRA MAGA

RE: Amber gemstone is fossilized tree resin hydrocarbons05-09-2022 08:14
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Amber gemstone is fossilized tree resin hydrocarbons.

Amber was displayed early in the movie "Jurassic Park", as the gemstone that contained a well preserved mosquito.

Amber is the fossilized remains of hydrocarbon resin produced by trees tens of millions of years ago.

Many trees produce polyterpene resin to protect themselves from wood-boring herbivores, and this often traps small insects and other organisms.

Terpenes are hydrocarbons with the basic formula C(5n)H(8n).

Unlike the more familiar alkanes (methane, butane, heptane, octane, etc.), terpenes are alkenes with many double bonded carbons and fewer hydrogens.

Amber often occurs as "resinite" in coal seams. Hydrocarbon amber forms alongside coal. It burns like coal, too.

The presence of well preserved ancient insects is just one line of evidence that coal is formed from material of biological origin.

Is amber a "fossil"?

Does the term "fossil fuel" mean fuel for fossils to anyone serious?

Does the term "sea food" mean food for the sea?

Is the goal of the word game obsession to prevent any discussion of how fossil fuels may or not be a central issue to discuss on a climate change website?

Amber is a hydrocarbon fossil found along with coal, of biological origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sealover wrote:
Coal fired power plants could have their carbon dioxide emissions reduced by at least 40% (per BTU), just by retrofitting them to use methane instead.

About half the anthropogenic mercury entering the environment comes from coal fired power plants. Coal also contains sulfur, lead, arsenic, cadmium and other good stuff for the environment.

We are experiencing a glut of available methane.

It's actually cheaper (per BTU) than coal now, and the supply is on the increase.

It is absurd to subsidize continued use of coal to compensate losses.

It makes more sense to subsidize retrofitting coal-fired power plants to use methane.

It makes more sense to subsidize impoverished nations to be able to purchase our natural gas at a better price than coal.

A HUGE reduction in carbon dioxide emissions could be achieved relatively rapidly by switching from coal to natural gas.

It would also help us get the lead out. And the mercury, arsenic, cadmium...
05-09-2022 13:18
(14401)
Im a BM wrote:Amber gemstone is fossilized tree resin hydrocarbons.

Amber is not a hydrocarbon and alone is not a fossil either.

Im a BM wrote:Amber was displayed early in the movie "Jurassic Park", as the gemstone that contained a well preserved mosquito.

The mosquito was the fossil, not the amber.

Im a BM wrote:Amber is the fossilized remains of hydrocarbon resin produced by trees tens of millions of years ago.

You are a moron. You don't know what a fossil is. How embarrassing.

There is no such thing as "remains of hydrocarbon resin.". There is no such thing as "fossilized hydrocarbons."

Im a BM wrote:Many trees produce polyterpene resin to protect themselves from wood-boring herbivores, and this often traps small insects and other organisms.

Terpenes are hydrocarbons with the basic formula C(5n)H(8n)

Amber is not a hydrocarbon.

Unlike hydrocarbons (methane, butane, heptane, octane, etc.), amber's chemical structure is not homogeneous and includes oxygen.

Im a BM wrote:Is amber a "fossil"?

Typically not. More information needs to be provided.

Im a BM wrote:Does the term "sea food" mean food for the sea?

Does the term "dog food" mean food for a dog?
Does the term "baby formula" mean formula for a baby?
Does the term "car alarm" mean an alarm for a car?
Does the term "jet fuel" mean fuel for a jet?
Does the term "cheese grater"mean a grater for cheese?

Is the goal of the word game obsession to confuse and derail discussions that run against the Marxist agenda ?

Amber is not a hydrocarbon, it is not a fossil and it is not burned for fuel..

05-09-2022 21:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:

Im a BM wrote:Amber was displayed early in the movie "Jurassic Park", as the gemstone that contained a well preserved mosquito.

Im a BM wrote:Amber is the fossilized remains of hydrocarbon resin produced by trees tens of millions of years ago.

There is no such thing as "remains of hydrocarbon resin.". There is no such thing as "fossilized hydrocarbons."

Im a BM wrote:Many trees produce polyterpene resin to protect themselves from wood-boring herbivores, and this often traps small insects and other organisms.

Unlike hydrocarbons (methane, butane, heptane, octane, etc.), amber's chemical structure is not homogeneous and includes oxygen.

Is the goal of the word game obsession to confuse and derail discussions that run against the Marxist agenda ?

One composition of an amber variety is: oxygenated hydrocarbon (carbon 67-87%, hydrogen 8.5-11%, oxygen 15%, sulfur 0-0.46%). Although this composition was believed to be the hardened tree resin from the genus Pinus, chemical studies show these pines were not the source of Baltic amber.

Next doofus comment

ULTRA MAGA

05-09-2022 21:26
(14401)
Swan wrote:One composition of an amber variety is: oxygenated hydrocarbon (carbon 67-87%, hydrogen 8.5-11%, oxygen 15%, sulfur 0-0.46%).

... which is itself not a hydrocarbon.

Medicines are made by processing snake venom. Processed snake venom is not snake venom.

05-09-2022 22:31
(21596)
Im a BM wrote:
8% of United States methane emissions are from coal mines.

Random number. Argument from randU fallacy. Stop making up numbers.
Im a BM wrote:
Coal mines, operating or abandoned, account for 8% of US methane emissions.

You already said this. Repeating yourself doesn't change anything.
Im a BM wrote:
Coal mines are always associated with methane.

No, they aren't.
Im a BM wrote:
Methane forms along with the coal during geologic metamorphosis of buried accumulations of terrestrial wetland organic matter.

It is unknown how coal is formed. Coal is found well below any swamp, and even well below sea level.
Im a BM wrote:
Earlier in this thread it was noted that methane oxidizing bacteria can use oxygen, O2, to transform methane, CH4, into carbon dioxide and water, CO2 and H2O.

Meh. Just burn the methane. Does the same thing. Your infatuation with magick bacteria is just babble.
Im a BM wrote:
Given that the global warming potential of methane is 20-30 times that of carbon dioxide,

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You are again ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics.
Im a BM wrote:
it could be of value to cultivate methane oxidizing bacteria and provide them with appropriate conditions to capture escaping methane, and turn it into carbon dioxide.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.
Im a BM wrote:
Fun fact: As noted by a poster, "You can drill for oil in Hawaii".

Sure you can drill, but nobody has ever found any within a thousand miles of the islands. Easy to check out that little factoid.

The sea floor around Hawaii contains no remnants of continental shelf where petroleum could have formed from dead microorganisms in shallow seas.

How about the oil wells in Kawaihae, the dozen or so near Makaha, or the oil wells in Waimea????!?
Im a BM wrote:
On the other hand, plate tectonics have driven places that used to be shallow seas up into the continents. Knowing where the shallow seas used to be the how a lot of oil gets discovered.

Iceland is pretty far from the North Sea oil fields, which is shallow sea on continental shelf to this day.

There is some continental shelf not too far from Iceland where oil is expected to be found soon.

Iceland itself formed from magma coming out of the splitting sea floor.

I guess it could be said, "You can drill for oil in Iceland". But you won't find it.

Iceland gets it's energy directly from geothermal wells. Oil is available there, but they don't use it.
Don't you think protestors in Iceland over oil drilling exist???!?
Im a BM wrote:
Yellowstone actually has places where some petroleum comes to the surface along with hydrothermal water.

But the nearby oil fields are relatively shallow, formed where ancient sea floor got pushed up into the continental plate a long, long time ago. Natural petroleum got picked up by rising geothermal water. Magic petroleum did not come up from many miles below ground.

Geothermal water in Yellowstone does not come from any sea or previous sea. It comes from snow melt and rain.

The Parrot Killer

05-09-2022 22:37
(21596)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

One composition of an amber variety is: oxygenated hydrocarbon (carbon 67-87%, hydrogen 8.5-11%, oxygen 15%, sulfur 0-0.46%). Although this composition was believed to be the hardened tree resin from the genus Pinus, chemical studies show these pines were not the source of Baltic amber.

Next doofus comment

There is no such thing as an oxygenated hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbon has no oxygen in it.

The Parrot Killer

06-09-2022 00:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:One composition of an amber variety is: oxygenated hydrocarbon (carbon 67-87%, hydrogen 8.5-11%, oxygen 15%, sulfur 0-0.46%).

... which is itself not a hydrocarbon.

Medicines are made by processing snake venom. Processed snake venom is not snake venom.

Actually pine sap (amber not yet hardened) burns very well and hydrocarbons are composed of decayed plant matter

ULTRA MAGA

06-09-2022 01:03
(14401)
Swan wrote:Actually pine sap (amber not yet hardened) burns very well

Hydrocarbons are not the only things that burn well. Did you know that paper is not a hydrocarbon?

Swan wrote:and hydrocarbons are composed of decayed plant matter

No they're not, but many morons believe they are for reasons not fully understood.

If I were to ask you how you believe that hydrocarbons get beneath impermeable rock, you will waste no time EVADING the question with a mistaken reference to amphibious animals.

So, let's do this. Swan, how do you believe that hydrocarbons get beneath impermeable rock?

06-09-2022 01:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Actually pine sap (amber not yet hardened) burns very well

Hydrocarbons are not the only things that burn well. Did you know that paper is not a hydrocarbon?

Swan wrote:and hydrocarbons are composed of decayed plant matter

No they're not, but many morons believe they are for reasons not fully understood.

If I were to ask you how you believe that hydrocarbons get beneath impermeable rock, you will waste no time EVADING the question with a mistaken reference to amphibious animals.

So, let's do this. Swan, how do you believe that hydrocarbons get beneath impermeable rock?

Paper burns well because it is made of hydrocarbon forming plant matter.

ULTRA MAGA

06-09-2022 02:19
(14401)
Swan wrote:Paper burns well because it is made of hydrocarbon forming plant matter.

I explained this in my previous post. Paper burns because it is combustible, and hydrocarbons are not the only combustible substances.

Paper burning does not make it a hydrocarbon.

Wait! I forgot. My bad. We're supposed to accept that you are omniscient and that we should believe whatever you claim just because you are the one saying it.
06-09-2022 07:55
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
(C6H10O5)n. Cellulose is a complex carbohydrate consisting of oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen.
06-09-2022 12:28
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
When paper burns is there any CO2 created?
06-09-2022 15:47
(14401)
duncan61 wrote:When paper burns is there any CO2 created?

A little bit, and a little bit of water vapor is created as well.
06-09-2022 18:47
(5197)
https://www.llnl.gov/news/hydrocarbons-deep-earth

Geologists and geochemists believe that nearly all (more than 99 percent) of the hydrocarbons in commercially produced crude oil and natural gas are formed by the decomposition of the remains of living organisms, which were buried under layers of sediments in the Earth's crust, a region approximately 5-10 miles below the Earth's surface.

But hydrocarbons of purely chemical deep crustal or mantle origin (abiogenic) could occur in some geologic settings, such as rifts or subduction zones said Galli, a senior author on the study.

"Our simulation study shows that methane molecules fuse to form larger hydrocarbon molecules when exposed to the very high temperatures and pressures of the Earth's upper mantle," Galli said. "We don't say that higher hydrocarbons actually occur under the realistic 'dirty' Earth mantle conditions, but we say that the pressures and temperatures alone are right for it to happen.

Galli and colleagues used the Mako computer cluster in Berkeley and computers at Lawrence Livermore to simulate the behavior of carbon and hydrogen atoms at the enormous pressures and temperatures found 40 to 95 miles deep inside the Earth. They used sophisticated techniques based on first principles and the computer software system Qbox, developed at UC Davis and LLNL.

Apparently, hydrocarbons are only 1% amphibian... Fossil-fuels (note the hyphen) come mostly from the decomposition of organic matter.
06-09-2022 20:09
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Harvey wrote,
Apparently, hydrocarbons are only 1% amphibian... Fossil-fuels (note the hyphen) come mostly from the decomposition of organic matter.

The organic matter that has decomposed was most likely in a swamp so it should be called amphibious fossil fuel. Eek my petrol tank is full of dead alligators
RE: Polyterpenes are HYDROCARBONS made by trees06-09-2022 20:24
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Polyterpenes are HYDROCARBONS made by trees.

The most prolific posters on the website have said many times that plants make carbohydrates but not hydrocarbons.

Perhaps this thread will get a response to the actual topic, which is basically about how to still get as much electrical energy from fossil fuel combustion, but reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 40% by switching from coal to methane.

With the added benefit of reducing mercury, lead, arsenic, sulfur, soot that comes with coal combustion.

Vietnam is building 20 massive coal burning power plants.

It must be baffling to the outside observer that there is "debate" about whether or not "fossil fuel" even exists.

The "resinite" form of amber in coal seams was referenced to try to show it must have come from biological origin if there are insects trapped in it.

Actual scientists have no doubt whatsoever where coal and petroleum came from, the distinctly different raw materials they form from, and the distinctly different environmental conditions where those raw materials accumulated many millions of years ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]Im a BM wrote:
Amber gemstone is fossilized tree resin hydrocarbons.

Amber was displayed early in the movie "Jurassic Park", as the gemstone that contained a well preserved mosquito.

Amber is the fossilized remains of hydrocarbon resin produced by trees tens of millions of years ago.

Many trees produce polyterpene resin to protect themselves from wood-boring herbivores, and this often traps small insects and other organisms.

Terpenes are hydrocarbons with the basic formula C(5n)H(8n).

Unlike the more familiar alkanes (methane, butane, heptane, octane, etc.), terpenes are alkenes with many double bonded carbons and fewer hydrogens.

Amber often occurs as "resinite" in coal seams. Hydrocarbon amber forms alongside coal. It burns like coal, too.

The presence of well preserved ancient insects is just one line of evidence that coal is formed from material of biological origin.

Is amber a "fossil"?

Does the term "fossil fuel" mean fuel for fossils to anyone serious?

Does the term "sea food" mean food for the sea?

Is the goal of the word game obsession to prevent any discussion of how fossil fuels may or not be a central issue to discuss on a climate change website?

Amber is a hydrocarbon fossil found along with coal, of biological origin.
06-09-2022 20:58
(14401)
HarveyH55 posted:Geologists and geochemists believe ...

Note that there are some (claimed) geologists who do not know what fossils are, who do not have a solid grasp of thermodynamics and who have a profound religious belief that hydrocarbons come from decaying organic matter.

HarveyH55 posted:Apparently, hydrocarbons are only 1% amphibian... Fossil-fuels (note the hyphen) come mostly from the decomposition of organic matter.

Did you have any luck figuring out how hydrocarbons get underneath impermeable rock?

Did you have any luck figuring out how oil wells refill after they are sucked dry and capped?

Did you have any luck figuring out how rotting organic matter increases in energy by the decomposition process?

Did you have any luck figuring out why only prehistoric biological matter was able to decay into hydrocarbons but no contemporary biological matter can?

Did you have any luck figuring out why all hydrocarbons form *FAR* below the fossil record?

I wish you luck in finding actual answers.

06-09-2022 22:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Paper burns well because it is made of hydrocarbon forming plant matter.

I explained this in my previous post. Paper burns because it is combustible, and hydrocarbons are not the only combustible substances.

Paper burning does not make it a hydrocarbon.

Wait! I forgot. My bad. We're supposed to accept that you are omniscient and that we should believe whatever you claim just because you are the one saying it.

No one cares what a schizzo explains. Paper burns because it is made from plant matter which is the source of all hydrocarbons. You do know that hydrocarbons are made from corn and algae I do presume. If not you are dumber than you seem

ULTRA MAGA

07-09-2022 00:24
(14401)
Swan wrote:No one cares what a schizzo explains.

... but the world cares about everything that is correctly explained.

Swan wrote: Paper burns because it is made from plant matter which is the source of all hydrocarbons.

Nope. Paper burns because it is combustible. I know you think that everything that is combustible is a hydrocarbon and that you can directly observe unobserved events of the distant past by quantumly teleporting through all dimensions.

I realize that you also believe that all moraines were under ice at the same time and that amphibian animals are not amphibian.

Swan wrote:You do know that hydrocarbons are made from corn and algae I do presume.

Ethanol is made from corn. It is not a hydrocarbon. It is an alcohol.

Algae biofuel is not a hydrocarbon. It is a combustible oil. Notice that being combustible is insufficient to transform this particular oil into a hydrocarbon.

07-09-2022 00:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:No one cares what a schizzo explains.

... but the world cares about everything that is correctly explained.

Swan wrote: Paper burns because it is made from plant matter which is the source of all hydrocarbons.

Nope. Paper burns because it is combustible. I know you think that everything that is combustible is a hydrocarbon and that you can directly observe unobserved events of the distant past by quantumly teleporting through all dimensions.

I realize that you also believe that all moraines were under ice at the same time and that amphibian animals are not amphibian.

Swan wrote:You do know that hydrocarbons are made from corn and algae I do presume.

Ethanol is made from corn. It is not a hydrocarbon. It is an alcohol.

Algae biofuel is not a hydrocarbon. It is a combustible oil. Notice that being combustible is insufficient to transform this particular oil into a hydrocarbon.

Now we are getting somewhere, as when you claim that the World cares about your explanations you literally become the definition of delusions of grandeur.

Actually biofuel produced from algae is a hydrocarbon as I already explained.

Renewable hydrocarbon biofuels can be produced from various biomass sources. These include lipids (such as vegetable oils, animal fats, greases, and algae) and cellulosic material (such as crop residues, woody biomass, and dedicated energy crops). Where production is occurring, the commercial facilities largely focus on renewable diesel production though increased SAF production is expected with several plants under construction. It is common for the same facility to produce both renewable diesel and SAF. As of 2020, there were five commercial renewable diesel plants with a combined capacity of 550 million gallons and one facility producing both renewable diesel and SAF with a capacity of 42 million gallons.

Not that reality will stop your schizzo babbling

ULTRA MAGA

07-09-2022 03:54
(5197)
The crude oil, as pumped out of the ground, is not a hydrocarbon. It contains other elements, besides hydrogen and carbon. Coal, isn't just a pure lump of carbon in the ground either. There are other elements mixed. Not to mention fossils (the rocks, that don't burn). Both go through some processing, before sold as fuel.

I lean toward everything in nature gets recycled. We'd have run out of the stuff that supports life long ago. Every living thing stores energy. Plants do the most. Carbohydrates or stored energy. Decomposition doesn't create energy, just changes what's already there.

It's a complex world, that's been around a long time. We are just babies, and still have a whole lot to learn. Some are a lot slower learning, than others. 'Alligators are amphibian' was the tipping point. You chose to focus only on the habitat, and deny all else. Just for fun, or out of ignorance, who cares. Anything you sell, is a narrow-focus argument, ignoring significant details. The IPCC does the same, it's annoying. Mostly, because our tax dollars are donated to pay for the nonsense.
07-09-2022 05:27
(14401)
HarveyH55 wrote:The crude oil, as pumped out of the ground, is not a hydrocarbon.

Yes, the petroleum and the natural gas are hydrocarbons and any "other stuff" is other stuff besides the petroleum and the natural gas.

HarveyH55 wrote: Coal, isn't just a pure lump of carbon in the ground either. There are other elements mixed.

Absolutely correct. When discussing coal, any "other stuff" is referred to as "impurities." Coal is evaluated on the amount of impurities. The carbon in coal is what burns so the closer coal is to pure carbon, the better and cleaner it burns. The more impurities it has, the worse and dirtier it burns.

From Debunked: Coal is a Fossil

There are four types of coal: Anthracite, Bituminous, Subbituminous, Lignite

Anthracite: lustrous, deep black, excellent quality, rather hard, very low on impurities.

Bituminous: shiny and "layered", very good quality, the most prominent in the US for generating electricity.

Subbituminous: dull black, good quality.

Lignite: brown, acceptable quality, with the least concentration of carbon (high amounts of impurities).

HarveyH55 wrote: Not to mention fossils (the rocks, that don't burn). Both go through some processing, before sold as fuel.

There might very well be fossils in coal but they don't burn. Fossils are usually not rocks, however. Most of the time, fossils are merely impressions, i.e. there is nothing there. Obviously nothing doesn't burn very well.

Otherwise, any impurities in the coal that do not burn lower the grade of the coal.

HarveyH55 wrote:I lean toward everything in nature gets recycled.

I see that, and I can't fault you for having that outlook ...

*HOWEVER* ... in an absolute sense, your paradigm is incorrect. Entropy always increases and there is always something falling out of usability and falling beyond recyclability. Eventually, all of the earth's usable energy will become unrecyclable, unusable energy and the earth will become a dead planet. This won't happen tomorrow or next week, but that is the 2nd law of thermodynamics and we can't avoid it and we can't get around it.

... but for all intents and purposes, at present, I appreciate your perspective because it's fundamentally accurate.

I don't wan't you to abandon your view, but I would highly recommend you modify it slightly in the following way: instead of pinning your paradigm of nature's global recycling on violations of physics (i.e. dead organisms somehow dig their way downward into the earth, drill through impermeable rock and once they are underneath the rock, rot into a higher form of energy), that you view the once living organisms as simply decaying their way into becoming part of the earth's crust, and that the earth, with its ominous geological power, simply continues churning away like the ocean but on a far grander time scale.

The earth has plenty of energy to give and plenty of time to recycle whatever is in the earth's crust.

HarveyH55 wrote: We'd have run out of the stuff that supports life long ago.

Nope. As long as there is geological activity, there is energy to be shared with terrestrial life.

HarveyH55 wrote: Every living thing stores energy. Plants do the most.

I disagree. Animals have fat cells, and fat cells are concentrated energy stores.

HarveyH55 wrote: Carbohydrates or stored energy.

No argument there.

When animals consume carbohydrates, they become converted into fat cells if not burned right away. It's why marbled steaks are so tasty.

When humans consume high-glycemic carbohydrates, the body produces greater quantities of insulin that shoehorn more of that energy into fat cells.

HarveyH55 wrote:Decomposition doesn't create energy, just changes what's already there.

I think that is a very poor characterization. Popping a water balloon doesn't create water, and it doesn't somehow change the water that is there ... it just simply causes you to lose that water, making it unavailable for another water balloon.

Decomposition changes the matter, and causes a loss of usable energy.

HarveyH55 wrote: 'Alligators are amphibian' was the tipping point.

I stated that alligators are amphibious. You do not disagree. You simply deny the word "amphibious" in the same way tmiddles denies the daytime side of the moon, i.e. it instantly and quite conspicuously kills your argument. It's how the English language works.

HarveyH55 wrote: You chose to focus only on the habitat, and deny all else.

Nope. I chose to focus on English, the language of the discussion. The word "amphibious" has a definition which you have not yet disputed. The English language has rules which you have not yet disputed.

You opted to deny the word "amphibious" and pretend it doesn't exist. Let me know if I have omitted anything.

HarveyH55 wrote: Just for fun, or out of ignorance, who cares. Anything you sell, is a narrow-focus argument, ignoring significant details.

I'm not selling anything. You were the one who got twisted panties over my correct usage of the words "hydrocarbon" and "amphibious/amphibian".

Even then, I thoroughly supported the correct usage of "hydrocarbons" and "amphibious/amphibian" as correct terms and you still have not provided any sort of rational argument as to why any rational adult should accept your view.

Nonetheless, I don't begrudge you having whatever beliefs you wish to have, but you should be aware that if you are going to assert that I am wrong, you really should have some rational support prepared or we are just going to repeat the same conversation.

Attached image:

07-09-2022 13:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
HarveyH55 wrote:
The crude oil, as pumped out of the ground, is not a hydrocarbon. It contains other elements, besides hydrogen and carbon. Coal, isn't just a pure lump of carbon in the ground either. There are other elements mixed. Not to mention fossils (the rocks, that don't burn). Both go through some processing, before sold as fuel.

I lean toward everything in nature gets recycled. We'd have run out of the stuff that supports life long ago. Every living thing stores energy. Plants do the most. Carbohydrates or stored energy. Decomposition doesn't create energy, just changes what's already there.

It's a complex world, that's been around a long time. We are just babies, and still have a whole lot to learn. Some are a lot slower learning, than others. 'Alligators are amphibian' was the tipping point. You chose to focus only on the habitat, and deny all else. Just for fun, or out of ignorance, who cares. Anything you sell, is a narrow-focus argument, ignoring significant details. The IPCC does the same, it's annoying. Mostly, because our tax dollars are donated to pay for the nonsense.

Crude oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons when it is pumped out of the ground. So get over it

ULTRA MAGA

07-09-2022 13:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:The crude oil, as pumped out of the ground, is not a hydrocarbon.

Yes, the petroleum and the natural gas are hydrocarbons and any "other stuff" is other stuff besides the petroleum and the natural gas.

HarveyH55 wrote: Coal, isn't just a pure lump of carbon in the ground either. There are other elements mixed.

Absolutely correct. When discussing coal, any "other stuff" is referred to as "impurities." Coal is evaluated on the amount of impurities. The carbon in coal is what burns so the closer coal is to pure carbon, the better and cleaner it burns. The more impurities it has, the worse and dirtier it burns.

From Debunked: Coal is a Fossil

There are four types of coal: Anthracite, Bituminous, Subbituminous, Lignite

Anthracite: lustrous, deep black, excellent quality, rather hard, very low on impurities.

Bituminous: shiny and "layered", very good quality, the most prominent in the US for generating electricity.

Subbituminous: dull black, good quality.

Lignite: brown, acceptable quality, with the least concentration of carbon (high amounts of impurities).

HarveyH55 wrote: Not to mention fossils (the rocks, that don't burn). Both go through some processing, before sold as fuel.

There might very well be fossils in coal but they don't burn. Fossils are usually not rocks, however. Most of the time, fossils are merely impressions, i.e. there is nothing there. Obviously nothing doesn't burn very well.

Otherwise, any impurities in the coal that do not burn lower the grade of the coal.

HarveyH55 wrote:I lean toward everything in nature gets recycled.

I see that, and I can't fault you for having that outlook ...

*HOWEVER* ... in an absolute sense, your paradigm is incorrect. Entropy always increases and there is always something falling out of usability and falling beyond recyclability. Eventually, all of the earth's usable energy will become unrecyclable, unusable energy and the earth will become a dead planet. This won't happen tomorrow or next week, but that is the 2nd law of thermodynamics and we can't avoid it and we can't get around it.

... but for all intents and purposes, at present, I appreciate your perspective because it's fundamentally accurate.

I don't wan't you to abandon your view, but I would highly recommend you modify it slightly in the following way: instead of pinning your paradigm of nature's global recycling on violations of physics (i.e. dead organisms somehow dig their way downward into the earth, drill through impermeable rock and once they are underneath the rock, rot into a higher form of energy), that you view the once living organisms as simply decaying their way into becoming part of the earth's crust, and that the earth, with its ominous geological power, simply continues churning away like the ocean but on a far grander time scale.

The earth has plenty of energy to give and plenty of time to recycle whatever is in the earth's crust.

HarveyH55 wrote: We'd have run out of the stuff that supports life long ago.

Nope. As long as there is geological activity, there is energy to be shared with terrestrial life.

HarveyH55 wrote: Every living thing stores energy. Plants do the most.

I disagree. Animals have fat cells, and fat cells are concentrated energy stores.

HarveyH55 wrote: Carbohydrates or stored energy.

No argument there.

When animals consume carbohydrates, they become converted into fat cells if not burned right away. It's why marbled steaks are so tasty.

When humans consume high-glycemic carbohydrates, the body produces greater quantities of insulin that shoehorn more of that energy into fat cells.

HarveyH55 wrote:Decomposition doesn't create energy, just changes what's already there.

I think that is a very poor characterization. Popping a water balloon doesn't create water, and it doesn't somehow change the water that is there ... it just simply causes you to lose that water, making it unavailable for another water balloon.

Decomposition changes the matter, and causes a loss of usable energy.

HarveyH55 wrote: 'Alligators are amphibian' was the tipping point.

I stated that alligators are amphibious. You do not disagree. You simply deny the word "amphibious" in the same way tmiddles denies the daytime side of the moon, i.e. it instantly and quite conspicuously kills your argument. It's how the English language works.

HarveyH55 wrote: You chose to focus only on the habitat, and deny all else.

Nope. I chose to focus on English, the language of the discussion. The word "amphibious" has a definition which you have not yet disputed. The English language has rules which you have not yet disputed.

You opted to deny the word "amphibious" and pretend it doesn't exist. Let me know if I have omitted anything.

HarveyH55 wrote: Just for fun, or out of ignorance, who cares. Anything you sell, is a narrow-focus argument, ignoring significant details.

I'm not selling anything. You were the one who got twisted panties over my correct usage of the words "hydrocarbon" and "amphibious/amphibian".

Even then, I thoroughly supported the correct usage of "hydrocarbons" and "amphibious/amphibian" as correct terms and you still have not provided any sort of rational argument as to why any rational adult should accept your view.

Nonetheless, I don't begrudge you having whatever beliefs you wish to have, but you should be aware that if you are going to assert that I am wrong, you really should have some rational support prepared or we are just going to repeat the same conversation.

You should submit that for publication in the national journal of applied comics

ULTRA MAGA

07-09-2022 15:21
(14401)
Swan wrote:Crude oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons when it is pumped out of the ground.

... as is natural gas.

The crude happens to be a mixture of liquids which can be separated, and the natural gas is a mixture of gases which can also be separated.

I shouldn't have to be explaining this to you.

07-09-2022 19:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Crude oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons when it is pumped out of the ground.

... as is natural gas.

The crude happens to be a mixture of liquids which can be separated, and the natural gas is a mixture of gases which can also be separated.

I shouldn't have to be explaining this to you.

The only thing that you should be explaining is how you know that the last ice age never happened to a psychiatrist or the orderly who tightens your straight jacket.

On the other hand I like having idiots explain how the ice age never happened because you were not there to see it.

Take your pills, please

ULTRA MAGA

07-09-2022 20:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:

This is a great point! Going to take lunch now and ponder this over a giant plate of medium rare fossil foods.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
07-09-2022 20:20
(14401)
Swan wrote:... you should be explaining is how you know that the last ice age never happened to a psychiatrist

Why would an ice age ever happen to a psychiatrist?

Swan wrote:On the other hand I like having idiots explain how the ice age never happened because you were not there to see it.

My not being there has nothing to do with why it never happened. Perhaps you can explain why you believe that all moraines were under ice at the same time.

You still never have explained why you believe such silly things.
07-09-2022 21:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:... you should be explaining is how you know that the last ice age never happened to a psychiatrist

Why would an ice age ever happen to a psychiatrist?

Swan wrote:On the other hand I like having idiots explain how the ice age never happened because you were not there to see it.

My not being there has nothing to do with why it never happened. Perhaps you can explain why you believe that all moraines were under ice at the same time.

SAYS THE DELUSIONAL SCHIZZO THAT DENIES THAT THE LAST ICE AGE EVER HAPPENED.

SEE YOUR SHRINK PRONTO

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 07-09-2022 21:56
08-09-2022 18:28
(14401)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Perhaps you can explain why you believe that all moraines were under ice at the same time.

SAYS THE DELUSIONAL SCHIZZO THAT DENIES THAT THE LAST ICE AGE EVER HAPPENED.

SEE YOUR SHRINK PRONTO

You still have never explained why you believe such silly things.

Perhaps you can explain why you believe that all moraines were under ice at the same time.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Page 4 of 10<<<23456>>>

Join the debate Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using fossil fuel is mass murder.!?3304-02-2024 08:12
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Nitrate Reduction - Powerful Greenhouse Gas Emission AND Alkalinity10205-06-2023 13:19
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
World Reliance on Fuel Derived from the Ground.3420-10-2022 04:00
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact