Remember me
▼ Content

Food Supply

Food Supply21-01-2021 04:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
When there is a lack of underbrush, smaller mammals like mice and rabbits are exposed. This might be the result of fewer animals of prey (good feeding and then nothing). With more underbrush, that allows for more small mammals which support an ecosystem.
Hunters need prey. It's an ecological balance. And if grazers are not preyed upon, they'll hurt species like eagles. Just as with deforestation and not considering select harvest, what is allowed for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO34jppQXCA

This is funny in a way. Would I hate GasGuzzler and his hunter friends for helping to preserve an ecological balance? Just won't happen. Hunting animals that graze is very necessary. If not, then birds like this Golden Eagle might suffer.
As you can see, this one was close to starving. Do we know why? We don't. At the same time, we don't know that reducing areas of woods and underbrush for smaller mammals hasn't played a role.
This is where, Save What We Can works. If the food supply isn't there, that we can't control. Also, the overall population of the species needs to be considered.
And it has been shown that wildlife can recover. And with that said, grazers (herbivores, plant eaters) reduce the amount of prey.
And once again, I know, I'm an a$$hole.
Attached image:

Edited on 21-01-2021 04:54
21-01-2021 05:05
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Maybe one day me and GasGuzzler and some experienced hunters can help to maintain an ecosystem? It's well known that too many herbivores can cause harm. Maybe together we could show how to enjoy some fresh venison while helping to maintain a somewhat natural balance in nature?
If you're up for it GasGuzzler. The question might become not if we "killed it", just not about who is a good shot but who first drank some blood. Just a tradition.

Edited on 21-01-2021 05:17
21-01-2021 05:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
In this forum GasGuzzler, something to debate. Outside of this forum, the world would be watching. We would represent the climate debate. At the same time we would be a distraction while that debate lingers on. And we would have to eat what we or experienced hunters that we are with kill. And this is at a camp site.
After all, I am an environmentalist that supports an ecological balance. Just can't preach it if I can't eat it, right mate?
Edited on 21-01-2021 05:21
21-01-2021 05:27
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Natural predators are considered pests, and a threat to humans, their pets, and livestock. There is no real ecosystem, where people live, farm, and ranch. They are very selective of what species they allow, and which the remove. People are pretty destructive to other species living space. All that underbrush dies, dries out, and burns really good. Needs to be regularly removed, generally prescribed burns

An ecosystem is a balance, of sorts. It's never truly in balance, but self correcting. Humans tend to cause the problems that need correcting. Then, the feel a need to screw it up some more, fixing it, hoping they can get rid of the pests, and preserve the fun species, which of course over populate, and destroy other species, and become pests.
21-01-2021 05:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Natural predators are considered pests, and a threat to humans, their pets, and livestock. There is no real ecosystem, where people live, farm, and ranch. They are very selective of what species they allow, and which the remove. People are pretty destructive to other species living space. All that underbrush dies, dries out, and burns really good. Needs to be regularly removed, generally prescribed burns

An ecosystem is a balance, of sorts. It's never truly in balance, but self correcting. Humans tend to cause the problems that need correcting. Then, the feel a need to screw it up some more, fixing it, hoping they can get rid of the pests, and preserve the fun species, which of course over populate, and destroy other species, and become pests.

You got it right with natural predators. They pose a threat. In some places like Yellowstone National Park, they have been reintroduced. And that is successfully.
Actual predators help to support other mammal groups that rely on their having killed. This is where when there are a lack of predators, hunters are needed to help maintain the balance.
Edited on 21-01-2021 05:39
21-01-2021 06:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14388)
James___ wrote: You got it right with natural predators. They pose a threat. In some places like Yellowstone National Park, they have been reintroduced.

I remember that particular program of reintroducing predators into Yellowstone. Man were some people pissed. They had to get rid of the program soon after they initiated it, due to the lawsuits and such.

Attached image:

21-01-2021 07:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: You got it right with natural predators. They pose a threat. In some places like Yellowstone National Park, they have been reintroduced.

I remember that particular program of reintroducing predators into Yellowstone. Man were some people pissed. They had to get rid of the program soon after they initiated it, due to the lawsuits and such.

Son, you won me over with the Phoenix. In the movie Avatar, it changed everything. Merci., Gracias., etc.
21-01-2021 10:48
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
If you don't feed the bears, how are going to get them to take a selfie with you? It's usually not the predator, that initiates the epic battles with the humans.

Join the debate Food Supply:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The food network is now featuring Chinese whole shrimp recipes complete with shrimp shit025-09-2023 03:37
Did you know that in 1970/80 microwave ovens cooked food from the inside out?2113-08-2023 01:23
water supply1521-01-2021 11:33
Rising CO2 on declining nutrition in food is big issue, TED talk hears019-04-2019 15:32
Flies and fungi: Climate change could make food less safe, experts warn019-03-2019 14:09
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact