Remember me
▼ Content

Fact or Theory?

Fact or Theory?25-05-2018 22:25
monarch2018
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
I believe that climate change is a real thing and the earth is warming. Climate change skeptics argue that warming of the earth has happened before in history, so the recent change should not be a big deal. However, the recent increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide is causing many permanent negative effects to ecosystems and species all over the planet. Because of the increasing amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere due to the actions of humans burning fossil fuels, the climate of the earth has changed significantly compared to recent years. This may seem like nothing serious and that it's just like other climate changes the earth has survived in the past, but this time is different because humans' use of carbon keeps increasing. If humans don't do anything to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide they put into the atmosphere, the temperature of the planet will continue to get higher which will cause lasting damage to the earth.
25-05-2018 23:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
monarch2018 wrote:
I believe that climate change is a real thing and the earth is warming.

We already know you are devout believe of the Church of Global Warming.
monarch2018 wrote:
Climate change skeptics argue that warming of the earth has happened before in history, so the recent change should not be a big deal.
It probably has. We don't know.
monarch2018 wrote:
However, the recent increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide is causing many permanent negative effects to ecosystems and species all over the planet.

Carbon dioxide helps plant growth. Plants are food. That helps all species.
monarch2018 wrote:
Because of the increasing amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere

Nothing wrong with that!
monarch2018 wrote:
due to the actions of humans burning fossil fuels,
Fossils don't burn. We don't use them for fuel. We use oil, natural gas, coal, nuclear, hydroelectric, wind, and solar power.
monarch2018 wrote:
the climate of the earth has changed significantly compared to recent years.

There is no such thing as a global climate. There is no such thing as a global weather.
monarch2018 wrote:
This may seem like nothing serious
I don't consider meaningless buzzword serious. Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions.
monarch2018 wrote:
and that it's just like other climate changes the earth has survived in the past,
Earth has survived buzzwords before.
monarch2018 wrote:
but this time is different because humans' use of carbon keeps increasing.
What's wrong with carbon?
monarch2018 wrote:
If humans don't do anything to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide they put into the atmosphere, the temperature of the planet will continue to get higher which will cause lasting damage to the earth.

Carbon dioxide is incapable of warming the Earth.

No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

Pascal's Wager fallacy.

'Global Warming' and 'Climate Change' are meaningless buzzwords. They are not facts, since Outsiders of the Church of Global Warming exist. They are not theories. It is not possible to form an argument based on a fallacy (such as a void argument). A theory is an explanatory argument.

Therefore neither 'global warming' nor 'climate change' is either a fact or a theory.

It is just a fallacy. It is nonsense. But it IS a fundamentalist religion.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 25-05-2018 23:10
26-05-2018 12:14
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
monarch2018 wrote:
I believe that climate change is a real thing and the earth is warming. Climate change skeptics argue that warming of the earth has happened before in history, so the recent change should not be a big deal. However, the recent increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide is causing many permanent negative effects to ecosystems and species all over the planet. Because of the increasing amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere due to the actions of humans burning fossil fuels, the climate of the earth has changed significantly compared to recent years. This may seem like nothing serious and that it's just like other climate changes the earth has survived in the past, but this time is different because humans' use of carbon keeps increasing. If humans don't do anything to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide they put into the atmosphere, the temperature of the planet will continue to get higher which will cause lasting damage to the earth.

My bold.

Can you cite any example of any damage what so ever to any ecosystem at all due to the slight increase in temperature we have had so far or any damage at all to any ecosystem due to the increase in CO2?

Bet you can't.

Join the debate Fact or Theory?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I have a theory12316-06-2023 19:16
Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.11108-06-2023 02:39
What is the cause of climate change based on the greenhouse gas theory?8204-02-2023 20:51
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
Relativity theory31703-11-2022 19:38
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact