Remember me
▼ Content

Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.



Page 3 of 3<123
02-05-2022 23:09
James_
★★★☆☆
(888)
I think there is a lot left to be learned. For a weight lifter to move so much weight,
how to calculate the bonds of cells to the mass being lifted?



[quote]sealover wrote:
The bonds that hold cell together.

Covalent bonds are the strongest attachments in chemistry.

Ionic bonds are weaker, but still hold things together.

Non polar (hydrophobic) London dispersion forces are weaker still.

But they are flexible. They can easily detach and reattach in a different position.

The most important bonds that hold cells together are the weakest ones.

The lipids in the cell membrane are held together by non polar interactions.

Living cells and the multicellular animals they can become have a lot of moving parts.

Too much rigidity from too many covalent bonds would be maladaptive.

When a sperm and egg unite to form a single cell it has just one (combined) set of genes to work with.

None of the cells that form from that first cell are quite like it.

The more they divide, the more they diverge into distinct types.

They still all have just that original set of genes, but which genes are being activated depends on what kind of cell it has diverged into.

The search for stem cells is to have something to start over with. A cell that is not already committed to activating any particular genes within it.

A brain cell cannot give rise to a heart cell, or visa versa.

A stem cell can give rise to either a brain cell or a heart cell. Or any other kind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited on 02-05-2022 23:18
02-05-2022 23:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
sealover wrote:
The bonds that hold cell together.
...deleted Holy Quote...

More cut and paste. You are just posting with no conclusion to try to look smart. It is all too obvious that you aren't.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-05-2022 23:34
James_
★★★☆☆
(888)
Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:
The bonds that hold cell together.
...deleted Holy Quote...

More cut and paste. You are just posting with no conclusion to try to look smart. It is all too obvious that you aren't.



You're posting with a concussion ITN? I am so sorry to hear that. I bet it smarts when you wonder about
and then you think I was diong
and now you want to

I hope you get over your head injury. Did you run into I had a BM and liked it?
I guess in your case you didn't need smelling salts or did you?
Edited on 02-05-2022 23:35
RE: THC versus THCa - What's in it for the PLANT?03-05-2022 00:52
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
THC versus THCa - What's in it for the PLANT?

There is no adaptive value for cannabis to get terns high.

So, what's in it for the PLANT to make THC?

We may have selectively bred them to make even MORE, to get US high.

But why was the plant making it before we ever found them?

Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, THCa, is the main form produced in the plant.

THCa is an ortho hydroxy phenol carboxylic acid.

It does not get terns high.

THCa must be decarboxylated to THC to give the desired effect.

Why would the plant benefit from making THCa?

Part of the cannabis "extended" phenotype is to influence conditions in the underlying soil.

The wild version can form monospecific thickets where the competition just can't get in to grow.

Like polyphenols, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid has the ortho hydroxy phenol carboxylic pair of adjacent functional groups.

Like polyphenols, THCa can act as a metal chelating agent, anti oxidant, free radical scavenger, precursor to humic acid polymers via oxidative coupling.

THCa helps the plant build a nice little nest in the soil, favorable to itself, and unfavorable to the competition.

What do you think of THAT, big bro?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sealover wrote:
We shall leave no tern unstoned.

Full disclosure.

Yes, I WAS there and I DID see the tripping liver flukes wiggle a lot.

I was barely sixteen, visiting my older brother at snodfart.

I got to hang out with him in his lab that weekend. 1975.

Once the flukes got to wiggling enough, he flash froze them with liquid nitrogen, so he could later cut out their frozen brains.

Many years later, he did neuro pharmacology research with birds and THC.

The birds were terns, and they revealed specific neuroreceptors for THC.

I made up a joke for him.

The other scientists were criticizing the work.

He had performed the experiment with no "control" group.

How could they conclude anything without a control for comparison?

Well, it was a matter of principle. One had to be THOROUGH in the search.

We shall leave no tern unstoned.
03-05-2022 01:32
James_
★★★☆☆
(888)
While your interest is different, growing marijuana is different than coca plants.
And to harvest them requires a different understanding. With THC, it has 2 extra hydrogen atoms. Energy translates into what?
With the coca plant, high moisture , low atmospheric pressure like Hawai'i. Limited land to make it a viable crop.
And why do people get high like ITN when smoking marijuana? The brain has a receptor that only accepts the THC molecule. After that, that receptor is worthless.
And given time, new receptors will be generated so the body's ability to use a THC product is limited by nature.

sealover wrote:
THC versus THCa - What's in it for the PLANT?

There is no adaptive value for cannabis to get terns high.

So, what's in it for the PLANT to make THC?

We may have selectively bred them to make even MORE, to get US high.

But why was the plant making it before we ever found them?

Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, THCa, is the main form produced in the plant.

THCa is an ortho hydroxy phenol carboxylic acid.

It does not get terns high.

THCa must be decarboxylated to THC to give the desired effect.

Why would the plant benefit from making THCa?

Part of the cannabis "extended" phenotype is to influence conditions in the underlying soil.

The wild version can form monospecific thickets where the competition just can't get in to grow.

Like polyphenols, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid has the ortho hydroxy phenol carboxylic pair of adjacent functional groups.

Like polyphenols, THCa can act as a metal chelating agent, anti oxidant, free radical scavenger, precursor to humic acid polymers via oxidative coupling.

THCa helps the plant build a nice little nest in the soil, favorable to itself, and unfavorable to the competition.

What do you think of THAT, big bro?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sealover wrote:
We shall leave no tern unstoned.

Full disclosure.

Yes, I WAS there and I DID see the tripping liver flukes wiggle a lot.

I was barely sixteen, visiting my older brother at snodfart.

I got to hang out with him in his lab that weekend. 1975.

Once the flukes got to wiggling enough, he flash froze them with liquid nitrogen, so he could later cut out their frozen brains.

Many years later, he did neuro pharmacology research with birds and THC.

The birds were terns, and they revealed specific neuroreceptors for THC.

I made up a joke for him.

The other scientists were criticizing the work.

He had performed the experiment with no "control" group.

How could they conclude anything without a control for comparison?

Well, it was a matter of principle. One had to be THOROUGH in the search.

We shall leave no tern unstoned.

Edited on 03-05-2022 01:44
RE: Or maybe your friends at Extinction Rebellion?03-05-2022 20:46
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
Or maybe your friends at Extinction Rebellion?

Big bro, I apologize if I accidentally offended you by trying to drag you into this.

On the other hand, maybe your friends at Extinction Rebellion would want to join in to discuss global environmental change science, rather than pharmacology.

This website is evolving quickly, away from the no-go zone it used to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:
The bonds that hold cell together.
...deleted Holy Quote...

More cut and paste. You are just posting with no conclusion to try to look smart. It is all too obvious that you aren't.
04-05-2022 00:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
James_ wrote:
With the coca plant, high moisture , low atmospheric pressure like Hawai'i. Limited land to make it a viable crop.

Hawaii is at sea level. Plants don't have pressure sensors.
The coca plant is native to South America, but can be grown in any humid well lit and free is any chance of freezing (making it ideal growing conditions in the tropics, especially in clearings).
James_ wrote:
And why do people get high like ITN when smoking marijuana?

I don't smoke marijuana or take any recreational drug of any kind, not even the legal ones.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 04-05-2022 00:14
04-05-2022 00:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
sealover wrote:
Or maybe your friends at Extinction Rebellion?

Big bro, I apologize if I accidentally offended you by trying to drag you into this.

On the other hand, maybe your friends at Extinction Rebellion would want to join in to discuss global environmental change science, rather than pharmacology.

This website is evolving quickly, away from the no-go zone it used to be.

I have no friends at Extinction Rebellion. There is no such thing as 'global environmental science'. I am not discussing pharmacology.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
RE: Natural selection for loyalty to dominant authority figure.17-05-2022 00:32
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Natural selection for loyalty to dominant authority figure.

Humans are social animals.

Like other social animals, there is typically just one dominant authority figure.

It's a rare set of genes that produce the traits required for the niche.

On the other hand, like other social animals, there are several loyal lieutenants.

It doesn't require such exceptional traits to be a loyal follower.

It is a larger niche to survive in. More open positions for those who lack the traits to ever become a dominant authority figure.

Humans increased the size of their packs (herd, pod, flock, murder of crows..)
as we created larger social orders with just one dominant authority figure.

This created a VERY large niche for the weaker ones to ensure their survival by being in good favor with the dominant authority figure, by displaying loyalty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Into the Night wrote:
Not the meaning of 'fact'. Try again.

/quote]
Not the meaning of 'fact'. Try again.[/quote]
18-05-2022 18:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Im a BM wrote:
Natural selection for loyalty to dominant authority figure.
...

Spam. Incomplete argument.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 3 of 3<123





Join the debate Evolutionary Biology and the Endosymbiotic Theory of Consciousness.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Grand Unified Theory3212-05-2022 19:54
Relativity theory10812-04-2022 14:51
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N252624-01-2020 06:17
Theory About Impeachment Proceedings8404-01-2020 13:13
Revealing the 160 year systematic error behind greenhouse theory with Raman Spectroscopy2422-09-2019 22:20
Articles
Theory
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact