Remember me
▼ Content

evac

evac14-09-2020 03:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Mandatory evacuations are OK but mandatory lockdown is not? What's with that?
14-09-2020 04:10
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
keepit wrote:

Mandatory evacuation translation-civil services are unavailable.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
14-09-2020 21:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Evacuations, are flee for your lives, if you value them. Looters shot on sight.

Lock downs, are hide in your basement, and cry like a little girl.
14-09-2020 21:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
More grade school arguments Harvey?
15-09-2020 02:44
(5197)
keepit wrote:

The response was consistent with the question...

I've never evacuated, was never effected by the mandatory lock down either, or the curfew. My job is considered an essential service.
15-09-2020 02:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Biog boys don't cry huh.
The question was about the legality of violating people's freedoms in an emergency, not about your job or your history regarding lockdowns or evacuations.
Edited on 15-09-2020 03:06
15-09-2020 03:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

I've never evacuated, was never effected by the mandatory lock down either, or the curfew. My job is considered an essential service.

Your hobby is interesting but you post nothing about it. WTF? Am being serious Harvey. Ever think some of us might be interested in it? But you can't mention it.
This is sad if you think about it. I mean really, what if you shot some nice footage of central Florida and don't share?
And yes Harvey, I am an a$$hole. I happen to like north Florida. Tallahassee, no. Pensacola, maybe. Between Jax and Tallahassee, God, it's beautiful there. You know, Lake City and north.

p.s., the Jags are in 1st place

Minshew Mania

Did I mention the Jags are in 1st place?

As for the Jags, everyone had them losing quite badly to Indianapolis. They did well last year until what's his name came off of his injury. Then the Jags fell apart.
Oops, it was Nick Foles. Can't win as a starter but off the bench he's good.
Attached image:

Edited on 15-09-2020 03:11
15-09-2020 06:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Biog boys don't cry huh.
The question was about the legality of violating people's freedoms in an emergency, not about your job or your history regarding lockdowns or evacuations.

You are free to stay behind and die.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-09-2020 07:01
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Biog boys don't cry huh.

You are free to stay behind and die.

The Jaguars won. It's Indy who's dying man. Please learn what matters.
Minshew, Minshew, Minshew !!!! He was also very good at Washington State in Pullman which is just south of Spokane. My GOD man, learn about something that matters.
15-09-2020 21:55
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Biog boys don't cry huh.

I've been through both, and neither order was enforced, just declared. My house was built in 1946, it's solid concrete block on all outside walls. I'm confident it'll be as safe as any shelter. Evacuate where? Hurricanes average 200 miles diameter, still tropical storm winds further out than that. Computer models, and nature don't always agree... Nobody came door-to-door, making people leave at gun point. Lot of my neighbors stayed behind as well. Not everyone is the run and hide types...

The lock down(s)... We also had a curfew. Was never stopped on the way to work. Never even stopped, for obviously exceeding the speed limit, until about a month ago, anyway, on the way home. There was no interruption in my job.

I'm sure the legality varies, depending on the color of your state. I have no interest in those 'blue' states, which probably ticket a lot of people, and heavy fines. The mandates we've had, didn't sound too enforceable, since people were allowed out to by groceries, drugs, liquor, toilet paper, if you could it.
15-09-2020 22:01
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Your hobby is interesting but you post nothing about it. WTF? Am being serious Harvey. Ever think some of us might be interested in it? But you can't mention it.
This is sad if you think about it. I mean really, what if you shot some nice footage of central Florida and don't share?
And yes Harvey, I am an a$$hole. I happen to like north Florida. Tallahassee, no. Pensacola, maybe. Between Jax and Tallahassee, God, it's beautiful there. You know, Lake City and north.

p.s., the Jags are in 1st place

Minshew Mania

Did I mention the Jags are in 1st place?

As for the Jags, everyone had them losing quite badly to Indianapolis. They did well last year until what's his name came off of his injury. Then the Jags fell apart.
Oops, it was Nick Foles. Can't win as a starter but off the bench he's good.

Which hobby, have quite a few interests... There are forums dedicated to many of them, if I feel like sharing. This one is dedicated to climate change, though not really a hobby, but just didn't feel right. Thought it would bring some clarity. Instincts were correct, it is total bullshit.
16-09-2020 11:19
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Thats why I signed up Harvey .To get down with it.CO2 is around 400ppm now does that make any difference,Not sure yet??
16-09-2020 20:01
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
Thats why I signed up Harvey .To get down with it.CO2 is around 400ppm now does that make any difference,Not sure yet??

I've always had a passing interest in the sciences (pre- Karl Popper), didn't go into all the fine details, but learned enough to make me question how they could be so certain the fossil fuels, and CO2 were destroying the Earth. The more I've read. listen and learned, the more skeptical I've become. Just makes no sense at all, how anybody could be certain that there is even a problem at all. Pick any IPCC Assessment Report, and reading through, you'll a similar view. They don't really show a lot of confidence, or certainty throughout. They use a lot non-committal language.

We are seeing the true value of computer models right now. Hurricane Sally, was suppose to make landfall near New Orleans, but had slowed to about 2 MPH, and staying about 30 miles offshore. Alabama is the next predicted landfall. A slow moving storm, has generally stayed off land, until it builds up some speed, 15 MPH or better. They seem to need that forward speed to make it onto land. At 2 MPH, it can change directions pretty easy, and will take the path of least resistance. Usually in a direction, that allows it to pick up speed. Little concerned that Florida might get in the way a little.
17-09-2020 00:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

I've always had a passing interest in the sciences (pre- Karl Popper), didn't go into all the fine details, but learned enough to make me question how they could be so certain the fossil fuels, and CO2 were destroying the Earth. The more I've read. listen and learned, the more skeptical I've become. Just makes no sense at all, how anybody could be certain that there is even a problem at all. Pick any IPCC Assessment Report, and reading through, you'll a similar view. They don't really show a lot of confidence, or certainty throughout. They use a lot non-committal language.

We are seeing the true value of computer models right now. Hurricane Sally, was suppose to make landfall near New Orleans, but had slowed to about 2 MPH, and staying about 30 miles offshore. Alabama is the next predicted landfall. A slow moving storm, has generally stayed off land, until it builds up some speed, 15 MPH or better. They seem to need that forward speed to make it onto land. At 2 MPH, it can change directions pretty easy, and will take the path of least resistance. Usually in a direction, that allows it to pick up speed. Little concerned that Florida might get in the way a little.

Just a simple question for you. You've worked in a warehouse for over 27 years. Ever been promoted? It's funny if you think about it but what if the data that is input into computer models was extrapolated from the wrong information?
Basically that is what computers do, they extrapolate information. Computers require a person to input the proper data with the proper parameters and the correct algorithms. And like you, if the person inputting the data relies on their opinion rather than what the data is telling them, will they get it right.
And I do apologize to you because I am in an a$$hole type of mood.
17-09-2020 03:17
(5197)
Why is being promoted important? I chose job security, and consistency, over a few more dollars. I turn the offer down, when asked. Promotion means taking responsibility for other peoples actions, unrealistic expectations, never really knowing which shift, or department you'll be working in. There are plenty of people, who want to chase the dollar, and willing to make sacrifices, to gratify their ambitions for advancement. I'm just in it for the paycheck and benefits, which meet m needs. Get plenty of exercise, no need to spend my time off at the gym. Plenty of time off, to do whatever I want. Basically, long as I can show up to work on time, do the work assigned, I have a decent income. They are pretty forgiving as well. Moving up, doesn't provide the same security. Been offered a job in the maintenance department, not much increase in pay, and basically doing the same sort of repairs, all day, everyday. Well, night actually, takes a long time to get a day shift position in that department.

Computer models are the construction of imagination, and belief. Consider an artist, painting a portrait. It's never a photographic representation. Not every blemish, scar, or mark is included. They try to improve upon what they see, to highlight the more desirable features, soften the flaws. Art, is really about provoking some emotional response to the subject matter. It's not entirely about producing an accurate rendition. A computer model is constructed in a similar manner, a reflection of how the programmer feels about the subject matter. When they don't get the results they had expected, they go back in and 'tweak' it a little, until the results reflect the intent of the project. Some are genuine attempts to make accurate predictions, and some are more agenda driven. There is always some bias though, and none will ever be truly accurate. Might get lucky occasionally, but will often fail as well.
17-09-2020 03:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Why is being promoted important? I chose job security, and consistency, over a few more dollars. I turn the offer down, when asked. Promotion means taking responsibility for other peoples actions, unrealistic expectations, never really knowing which shift, or department you'll be working in. There are plenty of people, who want to chase the dollar, and willing to make sacrifices, to gratify their ambitions for advancement. I'm just in it for the paycheck and benefits, which meet m needs. Get plenty of exercise, no need to spend my time off at the gym. Plenty of time off, to do whatever I want. Basically, long as I can show up to work on time, do the work assigned, I have a decent income. They are pretty forgiving as well. Moving up, doesn't provide the same security. Been offered a job in the maintenance department, not much increase in pay, and basically doing the same sort of repairs, all day, everyday. Well, night actually, takes a long time to get a day shift position in that department.

Computer models are the construction of imagination, and belief. Consider an artist, painting a portrait. It's never a photographic representation. Not every blemish, scar, or mark is included. They try to improve upon what they see, to highlight the more desirable features, soften the flaws. Art, is really about provoking some emotional response to the subject matter. It's not entirely about producing an accurate rendition. A computer model is constructed in a similar manner, a reflection of how the programmer feels about the subject matter. When they don't get the results they had expected, they go back in and 'tweak' it a little, until the results reflect the intent of the project. Some are genuine attempts to make accurate predictions, and some are more agenda driven. There is always some bias though, and none will ever be truly accurate. Might get lucky occasionally, but will often fail as well.

Been offered a job in the maintenance department, not much increase in pay, and basically doing the same sort of repairs, all day, everyday. Well, night actually, takes a long time to get a day shift position in that department.

Might be the only honest statement you've made. But instead you make excuses for preferring to work the day shift. An example is that my father was a 1st engineer in the Merchant Marines. He preferred being a 2nd engineer.
And when he was the engineer at a remote location, ie., if we worked in New Jersey or in Arkansas among other places, he was the lead engineer and made most of the decisions. What he didn't like was not being allowed to do the work himself. Instead he had to tell people like me what to do and we did it.
At the same time, he didn't want me to quit my interest in science because of people like you. He had the education and experience to be the manager but he liked doing the work himself. He also knew that I liked science and wanted me to keep pursuing my interest in it.
17-09-2020 10:34
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Been offered a job in the maintenance department, not much increase in pay, and basically doing the same sort of repairs, all day, everyday. Well, night actually, takes a long time to get a day shift position in that department.

Might be the only honest statement you've made. But instead you make excuses for preferring to work the day shift. An example is that my father was a 1st engineer in the Merchant Marines. He preferred being a 2nd engineer.
And when he was the engineer at a remote location, ie., if we worked in New Jersey or in Arkansas among other places, he was the lead engineer and made most of the decisions. What he didn't like was not being allowed to do the work himself. Instead he had to tell people like me what to do and we did it.
At the same time, he didn't want me to quit my interest in science because of people like you. He had the education and experience to be the manager but he liked doing the work himself. He also knew that I liked science and wanted me to keep pursuing my interest in it.

Excuses? Why chose to do a job, you aren't going to be happy with? There wasn't going to be a huge increase in pay. The work would be any more interesting or rewarding. Just a job. I stuck with the job, that fit my needs. Just not a greedy man. Not a bad choice, been debt-free almost 20 years, house, car, everything. 28 years working for the same company, what have you got? Few years, before going on to something else. Permanently disabled, and about the same age as me. Everybody is free to take their own path through life. I chose a different path from you, and worked out well enough. Just because I didn't achieve the goals you set for your self, and failed at, because of your service related rectal injure, doesn't mean I failed as well.
17-09-2020 11:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harey,
I think i finally figured you out.
You're not a truth teller. You don't even try to be. You're a poet. And that's a good thing.
17-09-2020 20:54
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Harey,
I think i finally figured you out.
You're not a truth teller. You don't even try to be. You're a poet. And that's a good thing.

Don't know much about poetry, more of a democrat thing. What do you think is untruthful? I kid James about a few things, but reasonably sure he doesn't take it too serious. I do post some sarcastic stuff, maybe a little too subtle for people that take everything literally, even if it makes no logical sense. Most everything else is true, sometimes get a little creative in the presentation. this isn't a paid gig, or a college class.

I don't really fall for media hype, they sell headlines, each click, is cash on the internet. Not prone to panic or hysteria. Pretty well called covid-19 accurately. We aren't have the huge outbreaks we had months ago, but it won't last more that another 2 months, before it picks up again. Many of the new case are going to be the common cold or flu, we see every year. Symptoms are the same, treatments are the same, they won't wait for actual test results, because the huge volume. By spring though, they'll have changed the way cases are reported, to not be so scary. Some of the 'blue' states will do the travel ban, lock-down thing again. The vaccines are starting to look like total failures. The CDC sort of spilled it, when the director stated that masks are more effective than the vaccine. He also was stating that mid-2021 is more likely when the general public will be able to get vaccinated. Seems pretty sure, that it's going to take two doses as well. I believe that after cold and flu season, there will be huge drops in new cases, very few hotspots, and a less active summer. Pretty sure we are on the downside of this pandemic, even without a vaccine.

Join the debate evac:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact