Remember me
▼ Content

Einstein Was Maybe Slightly Wrong

Page 1 of 212>
Einstein Was Maybe Slightly Wrong30-10-2021 08:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)

Apparently the Hubble telescope has observed thousands of galaxies traveling faster than the speed of light. Apparently Einstein was mistaken.

Watch This Video

You have to be open to the possibility that the theories we know, physics, we might be missing something.

Was Einstein right or is he, maybe, slightly wrong ... or is there some way to beat Einstein by warping space?

I am so glad that we can eliminate from the set of possibilities any misinterpretation of the Hubble telescope's imagery. At least we know that galaxies moving faster than light is what we know. I don't need to ask how we are able to see any objects that are moving away from us faster than the speed of light because the Hubble telescope is highly sophisticated.

James__, this is where your Balsamic wheel will get its perpetual ocean, i.e. from galaxies moving faster than light.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-10-2021 21:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I don't think they actually see galaxies moving away from us at the speed of light.
It's more that they figure out that at some distance from us they must be becoming farther away from us very rapidly, namely it could be calculated at the speed of light. They consider that "becoming farther apart at the speed of light" is qualitatively different than "moving" at the speed of light.

It's kind of like even though we are unable to calculate the overall increase in temp, we can figure it out from the fact that CO2 slows the flow of energy (this is not to say that CO2 creates energy) from earth to outer space.
Edited on 30-10-2021 21:56
30-10-2021 23:20
(14389)
keepit wrote:I don't think they actually see galaxies moving away from us at the speed of light.

... because they purport to see galaxies moving away from us at faster than the speed of light.

keepit wrote:It's more that they figure out that at some distance from us they must be becoming farther away from us very rapidly, namely it could be calculated at the speed of light.

They "figure" the galaxies are moving away from us by noting the redshift. They never explained how they "figured" that it was faster than the speed of light except to imply that we must consider the possibility that galaxies utilize advanced warp technology that happens to be beyond human capabilities.

keepit wrote: They consider that "becoming farther apart at the speed of light" is qualitatively different than "moving" at the speed of light.

Nope. That's not what they are saying. Watch the video again. The whole point is how Einstein must have been mistaken about C being the ultimate speed limit and how we need to accept the possibility that our understanding is "missing something."

Narrator: ... and those galaxies were moving very fast.
Expert: They seem to be going away from us faster than the speed of light.
Narrator: ... but nothing travels faster than light.

keepit wrote:It's kind of like even though we are unable to calculate the overall increase in temp, we can figure it out from the fact that CO2 slows the flow of energy (this is not to say that CO2 creates energy) from earth to outer space.

Well, keep trying. Don't give up. Who knows, you might get something right before the years is over.

Attached image:

31-10-2021 00:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
How do they observe light that can't get us?
Try to understand the difference between "moving" and "becoming".
I agree that it is not a clear difference but cosmologists accept the difference.
Edited on 31-10-2021 00:23
31-10-2021 00:47
(14389)
keepit wrote:How do they observe light that can't get us?

It's not that the light can't reach us. Light from an object moving away from us faster than the speed of light would be so redshifted that it would have no frequency, i.e. flatline. I don't know what that looks like and I'm not sure how we would be able to observe such light.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-10-2021 06:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
keepit wrote:It's kind of like even though we are unable to calculate the overall increase in temp, we can figure it out from the fact that CO2 slows the flow of energy (this is not to say that CO2 creates energy) from earth to outer space.

I like the way you have expressed this however as per usual with all the alarmist stuff they did not calculate that heat rises so how they figure the energy is warming the surface is beyond me.A claim was made that all the "trapped heat" was in the troposphere.Not exactly near me?Then it was trapped in the deep ocean and one day would bite me when I went swimming.Heat still rises
31-10-2021 11:36
(14389)
keepit wrote:... we can figure it out from the fact that CO2 slows the flow of energy (this is not to say that CO2 creates energy) from earth to outer space.

Exactly. You claim it violates Stefan-Boltzmann ... because you are scientifically illiterate and do not understand Stefan-Boltzmann.

This is why you were targeted for recruitment and indoctrination. You slept through your grammar school education and never became smart enough to distinguish between science, science fiction, religion, a scam and a glazed donut.

01-11-2021 00:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
keepit wrote:
I don't think they actually see galaxies moving away from us at the speed of light.
It's more that they figure out that at some distance from us they must be becoming farther away from us very rapidly, namely it could be calculated at the speed of light. They consider that "becoming farther apart at the speed of light" is qualitatively different than "moving" at the speed of light.

It's kind of like even though we are unable to calculate the overall increase in temp, we can figure it out from the fact that CO2 slows the flow of energy (this is not to say that CO2 creates energy) from earth to outer space.

Nope. You cannot slow the speed of light in one direction only with magick gas.
You can't reduce entropy either.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 01-11-2021 00:47
01-11-2021 00:45
(21582)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:How do they observe light that can't get us?

It's not that the light can't reach us. Light from an object moving away from us faster than the speed of light would be so redshifted that it would have no frequency, i.e. flatline. I don't know what that looks like and I'm not sure how we would be able to observe such light.

Obviously, we wouldn't be able to see it at all.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2021 00:46
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:

I like the way you have expressed this however as per usual with all the alarmist stuff they did not calculate that heat rises so how they figure the energy is warming the surface is beyond me.A claim was made that all the "trapped heat" was in the troposphere.Not exactly near me?Then it was trapped in the deep ocean and one day would bite me when I went swimming.Heat still rises

He is actually attempting to trap light. Not possible.
He is trying to do it by heating a warmer object with a colder one. Not possible.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 01-11-2021 00:49
01-11-2021 00:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
itn,
I'm not trying to do those thigs. Where did you get such an idea?
Also, i don't deny the SB law. Where did you get that idea?

ibd,
Do you think that this "flatline", as you say, propagates any energy at the speed of light or any speed?
01-11-2021 04:19
(21582)
keepit wrote:
itn,
I'm not trying to do those thigs.

Lie.
keepit wrote:
Where did you get such an idea?

You.
keepit wrote:
Also, i don't deny the SB law.

Lie.
keepit wrote:
Where did you get that idea?

You.
keepit wrote:

ibd,
Do you think that this "flatline", as you say, propagates any energy at the speed of light or any speed?

'Flatline' means no light, dude.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 05:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ltn,
I didn't say flatline was light. Ibd seemed to imply it. I'm glad you realize that flatline wouldn't light from our point of view.
I'm not lying. That's what you say when you're stuck for an answer.
By the way, not all energy is em. I would think you would realize that.
You make a lot of false claims. So many that you're a waste of time.
Edited on 01-11-2021 05:27
01-11-2021 06:16
(14389)
keepit wrote:i don't deny the SB law. Where did you get that idea?

Yes, you deny Stefan-Boltzmann. You wrote this:

keepit wrote: we can figure it out from the fact that CO2 slows the flow of energy (this is not to say that CO2 creates energy) from earth to outer space.

Stefan-Boltzmann specifies that that RADIANCE is not slowed/lessened/reduced by anything other than a decrease in temperature.

Also, the emission of thermal radiation into space isn't really any sort of flow; the correct word is "radiates" or "emits."

keepit wrote:ibd, Do you think that this "flatline", as you say, propagates any energy at the speed of light or any speed?

It's a totally hypothetical phenomenon since its " cause" cannot happen. Galaxies cannot travel faster than light so they cannot be emitting light in our direction while traveling away from us faster than the speed of light.

Then there is the question of the light so produced. There has never been any human experience with frequencyless light. Nobody knows what that is or how one would go about observing it.

01-11-2021 12:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
Your comment about "hypothetical phenomenon" is just rationalization for your misunderstanding of the situation. You just don't understand it.

The sb law pertains to black bodies but not to the atmosphere surrounding them. The atmosphere (co2 and methane) surrounding earth can certainly slow the flow of thermal energy just as any thermal blanket can slow it.

Your comment about "flow" is just more of your semantic bs.
01-11-2021 15:15
(14389)
keepit wrote:ibd,Your comment about "hypothetical phenomenon" is just rationalization for your misunderstanding of the situation. You just don't understand it.

You used the wrong word. It's not "rationalization.". It's an " explanation. ". No human has any experience with frequencyless light because it is a purely hypothetical phenomenon ... so nobody has any experience with it. That means that I have no experience with it.

keepit wrote:The sb law pertains to black bodies but not to the atmosphere surrounding them.

Planetary atmospheres are part of their respective planets to which Stefan-Boltzmann always applies.

Remember, your confusion stems from your total ignorance. The only cure is for you to learn. You'll never get any better by spitting up mindless gibber-babble.

keepit wrote:The atmosphere (co2 and methane) surrounding earth can certainly slow the flow of thermal energy

I previously explained to you that it cannot and I extended to you the courtesy of telling you the correct wording ... but you are clearly too stupid to learn.

At least you can always re-read my posts and remind yourself of what your problem is.

01-11-2021 17:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
You just don't believe me and when you're stuck for an answer you resort to name calling.
01-11-2021 18:05
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ltn,
I didn't say flatline was light.

Yes you did, liar.
keepit wrote:
Ibd seemed to imply it.

He did not, liar.
keepit wrote:
I'm glad you realize that flatline wouldn't light from our point of view.

Try learning English. It works better.
keepit wrote:
I'm not lying. That's what you say when you're stuck for an answer.

You are lying. There is no 'answer'. You never asked any question.
keepit wrote:
By the way, not all energy is em. I would think you would realize that.

The only energy that heats the Earth from the Sun is em. The only energy that Earth loses to space is em.
keepit wrote:
You make a lot of false claims. So many that you're a waste of time.

Inversion fallacy. Bulverism fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 18:10
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Your comment about "hypothetical phenomenon" is just rationalization for your misunderstanding of the situation. You just don't understand it.

What situation? The only hypothetical in discussion here is from the article.
keepit wrote:
The sb law pertains to black bodies but not to the atmosphere surrounding them.

Denial of the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Attempt to remove emissivity constant. All bodies radiate according to the Stefan-Boltzmann law. That includes any atmosphere.
keepit wrote:
The atmosphere (co2 and methane) surrounding earth can certainly slow the flow of thermal energy just as any thermal blanket can slow it.

Neither methane nor CO2 allows light to travel in only one direction. Denial of the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Neither methane nor CO2 is a thermal insulator either.
keepit wrote:
Your comment about "flow" is just more of your semantic bs.

Fallacy fallacy. Words mean things. Pay attention.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 18:11
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You just don't believe me and when you're stuck for an answer you resort to name calling.

Inversion fallacy. Void argument fallacy. You never asked a question.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 18:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
itn,
If the word "answer" throws you, substitute the word "response". And try not to bother me with semantics.

Google the issue of an atmosphere being not a part of a black body if you don't believe me.
Edited on 01-11-2021 18:32
01-11-2021 18:58
(21582)
keepit wrote:
itn,
If the word "answer" throws you, substitute the word "response". And try not to bother me with semantics.

Since you can't seem to find the right word, and you asked no question, you are just continuing your void argument fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Google the issue of an atmosphere being not a part of a black body if you don't believe me.

Denial of the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Attempt to remove emissivity constant.

Google is not God. It is not an authoritative reference of the Stefan-Boltzmann law. False authority fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 19:04
(14389)
keepit wrote:
itn,

We already covered this but you are too stupid to learn. Why do you insist on nonetheless spewing gibber-babble that you know is gibber-babble? Is it because you are too stupid to learn and therefore never learned that your gibber-babble is gibber-babble?

I might have mentioned this before but it's worth saying again. keepit, congratulations on your obvious bliss. You knew what it takes to achieve it and you went for it. Once you achieved it, you guarded it religiously. You earned it and no one can take it away from you.

Congratulations once again.

01-11-2021 19:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Apparently you're hearing from "somewhere" that google is not god. I for one never said it was.
If you were willing to specify your credentials and qualifications i might take you seriously. As it is you seem like a political minion with a political agenda although i don't know what political agenda you have.
01-11-2021 19:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
Same old stuff from you. You sound like a child - are you?
01-11-2021 19:11
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Apparently you're hearing from "somewhere" that google is not god. I for one never said it was.

You treat it like it is God. You treat Wikipedia the same way.
keepit wrote:
If you were willing to specify your credentials and qualifications i might take you seriously.

Science is not a credential, license, degree, or certification. It does not require 'qualification' or any form of sanctification.

The ONLY authoritative reference of any theory of science is the theory itself.
keepit wrote:
As it is you seem like a political minion with a political agenda although i don't know what political agenda you have.\

Since YOU want to bring politics into it, let's discuss your religion and how it's supported by the Democrats in an effort to implement their fascism.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 19:13
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Same old stuff from you. You sound like a child - are you?

You have learned nothing. You make the same mistakes. His response is going to be the same. Science hasn't changed the 1st or 2nd laws of thermodynamics which you deny, nor the Stefan-Boltzmann law which you deny.

Now you want to turn to insult fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 19:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Actually i don't want to bring politics into this. I don't have any political agenda. I've never even voted. I agree with some conservative views and i agree with some liberal views.

You and ibd are the chief insulters, not me. What you do is just smokescreen.
Edited on 01-11-2021 19:15
01-11-2021 19:57
(14389)
keepit wrote:Apparently you're hearing from "somewhere" that google is not god. I for one never said it was.

You, for one, often imply that Google is God instead of explicitly stating such. You often direct people to get answers to their questions that you cannot/will not answer from Google as though it is God. The only rational conclusion is that you believe Google to be God despite never having stated such.

keepit wrote:If you were willing to specify your credentials and qualifications i might take you seriously.

Showing once again that you are too stupid to learn, you still haven't figured out anonymous fora. You still have not learned that credentials are totally irrelevant in a forum of ideas, even when explicitly told on multiple occasions, and only the ideas themselves along with their rational support hold any value.

Allow me to once again compliment you on your bliss.

01-11-2021 20:10
(14389)
keepit wrote:Actually i don't want to bring politics into this.

This statement contradicts your constant ushering in of leftist political views accompanied by your occasional deceptive claim that you are a conservative.

keepit wrote: I don't have any political agenda.

Sure you do, and it involves dishonesty.

keepit wrote: I've never even voted.

Claims such as this are meaningless on an anonymous forum because there is no way to verify it and you are rarely honest in the first place ... and never correct in the second.

keepit wrote: I agree with some conservative views

This is another unbelievable sentiment coming from you.

keepit wrote:and i agree with some liberal views.

... and this is one heck of an understatement if I've ever heard one. You OBEY whatever your liberal slavemasters order. You help spread wild panic when ordered. You spread economic confusion with religious fervor even when you are taught that it is totally wrong.

keepit wrote: You and ibd are the chief insulters, not me.

You are the liar, not us.

Enjoy your bliss.

01-11-2021 20:26
(14389)
keepit wrote:ibd, Same old stuff from you. You sound like a child - are you?

That depends. Who is the chief insulter here?

So at least you acknowledge that you are too stupid to learn about anonymous fora. Great. We can close that out and move on.

To answer your question, sure, I am a child. Please feel free to explain things to me as though I am a child. Make sure to treat me as a child with no credentials, no education and no real-life experience so you will need to assume the responsibility for making sure everything you write is correct.

01-11-2021 21:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Why don't you try to stick to reality. Your nonsense doesn't convince anyone.
01-11-2021 21:17
(14389)
keepit wrote:Why don't you try to stick to reality. Your nonsense doesn't convince anyone.

I see you still haven't figured out how online fora work. You're supposed to quote the section of text, and include the author, in your response to prevent your response from being just a random, meaningless comment. Of course, you are too stupid to learn this.

01-11-2021 21:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
You know who i was talking to ibd. Get real.
01-11-2021 21:57
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Actually i don't want to bring politics into this.

Do late. You already did.
keepit wrote:
I don't have any political agenda.

A religious agenda is a political agenda.
keepit wrote:
I've never even voted.

Irrelevant.
keepit wrote:
I agree with some conservative views and i agree with some liberal views.

Paradox, and a lie.
keepit wrote:
You and ibd are the chief insulters, not me.

Lie.
keepit wrote:
What you do is just smokescreen.

Science is not a smokescreen. You just deny it.
Mathematics is not a smokescreen. You just deny it.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 21:59
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Why don't you try to stick to reality. Your nonsense doesn't convince anyone.

Buzzword fallacies. Inversion fallacy. Define 'reality'.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 22:01
(21582)
keepit wrote:
You know who i was talking to ibd. Get real.

Irrelevant. Define 'real'. Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2021 22:34
(14389)
keepit wrote:You know who i was talking to ibd. Get real.

You could say that to anyone, e.g. ..

You know who I was talking to GasGuzzler. Get Real.
You know who I was talking to itn. Get Real.
You know who I was talking to gfm. Get Real.
You know who I was talking to keepit. Get Real.
You know who I was talking to Branner. Get Real.

You didn't say to whom you were directing your comment nor did you include any text of any post to which you were responding. These were your omissions, not anyone else's. There is no way anyone can know to whom you are directing your comments if you do not say; readers each must individually speculate.

Of course, I presume that this sort of induced confusion is deliberate on your part.

So no, I did not know. I could at best speculate, i.e. I was guessing. In an online forum, you have the responsibility to eliminate any need for guessing by being clear in what you write. You are responsible for saying what you mean and for meaning what you say. Unfortunately, you renege on your obligations and do not say what you mean and you do not mean what you say. You are not clear in what you write and you normally babble nonsense, probably because you never learned any interpersonal skills or how to communicate with other humans.

02-11-2021 01:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Apparently the Hubble telescope has observed thousands of galaxies traveling faster than the speed of light. Apparently Einstein was mistaken.

Watch This Video

You have to be open to the possibility that the theories we know, physics, we might be missing something.

Was Einstein right or is he, maybe, slightly wrong ... or is there some way to beat Einstein by warping space?

I am so glad that we can eliminate from the set of possibilities any misinterpretation of the Hubble telescope's imagery. At least we know that galaxies moving faster than light is what we know. I don't need to ask how we are able to see any objects that are moving away from us faster than the speed of light because the Hubble telescope is highly sophisticated.

James__, this is where your Balsamic wheel will get its perpetual ocean, i.e. from galaxies moving faster than light.

There's actually a plausible explanation if you knew science. As is suspected and of which Einstein predicted, Black Holes can bend light so what is on the other side of a Black Hole can be observed.
And if galaxies on opposite sides of a Black Hole are moving away from each other, then the warped space caused by a Black Hole might magnify that distance.

https://www.space.com/first-black-hole-light-echo-discovery

And as they said in the video, space is warped with the FTL travel. It's possible that what they observed was closer to a Black Hole than they realized so there scale was wrong.
D@amn, not even this is interesting anymore. The image of the galaxies that they observed might've been warped by the Black Hole to appear smaller than they really were. This increases the distance from the point of observation along with intrinsic brightness. Light is directed in other directions because of the distortion caused by the Black Hole. Just an unproven hypothesis on my part. Merely my opinion.
One day FTL travel will be possible. It's just that they haven't figured out what space "is" so kind of stuck going slower than light.
Attached image:

Edited on 02-11-2021 01:16
02-11-2021 02:22
(14389)
James___ wrote:There's actually a plausible explanation if you knew science.

I know him. We met many years ago. Nice chap. Straightforward but no real sense of humor though. I'll say this much, whenever he speaks there's no ambiguity and not much room for interpretation. He's usually very clear but he does like to break into Greek ... often.

James___ wrote: And as they said in the video, space is warped with the FTL travel. It's possible that what they observed was closer to a Black Hole than they realized so there scale was wrong.

For all 2,500 of the galaxies? One black hole was sufficient to make them all appear to be moving faster than the speed of light?

Maybe the Van Allen belt contributed in some way.

James___ wrote: One day FTL travel will be possible.

Either that or never, one of those two for sure.

James___ wrote: It's just that they haven't figured out what space "is" so kind of stuck going slower than light.

For Halloween I disguised myself as a photon and bent around black holes so people could see me. I did a little trick whereby I ran into a "matter" room, quickly changed into a thermal energy constume, turned up the thermostat for the moment, then quickly changed back into my photon garb and went flying out of there (after turning the thermostat back off). One smartass kid remarked that I got the emissivity wrong. I laughed and gave him 1.3806503 × 10-23 Boltzmann Chocolates.

I had a blast.

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Einstein Was Maybe Slightly Wrong:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Every time I say that this board is dead, someone says something to prove me wrong, but901-01-2024 05:08
It is not if, but when will North become South and the Geese will fly the wrong way7824-11-2023 03:35
A conservative website that gets it wrong about Global Warming320-06-2023 19:34
As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong416-05-2023 21:31
Why Apocalyptic Claims About Climate Change Are Wrong404-04-2022 16:06
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact