Remember me
▼ Content

economics and climate change


economics and climate change20-08-2019 18:19
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
Massive economic changes could happen. That could slow CO2 production.
How to manage job loss and deflation is a monstrous problem. Printing money can mitigate it a little but not enough.
A new currency could happen in the chaos.
20-08-2019 20:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
keepit wrote: Massive economic changes could happen.

Massive economic changes will happen. There has never been a time in human history devoid of major economic changes.

keepit wrote: That could slow CO2 production.

You are speaking in the subjunctive, which means you aren't saying anything of any value. You could have written that massive economic changes could affect the flavor of peanut butter, or that they could generally affect fashion trends, or that they could increase CO2 production, or that they could motivate widespread divestiture of liquid assets, or that they could spur greater demand for South American shellfish, or that they could curtail travel to southwest Asia, or that they could increase travel to southwest Asia, or that they could ultimately cause Donald Trump's image to appear on Mt. Rushmore and on the face of the $1,000 bill, or that they could cause DVDs to completely disappear, or that they could result in great dissatisfaction in Scandanavian health care, etc., etc., etc...

keepit wrote: How to manage job loss and deflation is a monstrous problem.

You have now emerged from the subjunctive into the present tense. I'm confused. What does this have to do with anything?

keepit wrote: Printing money can mitigate it a little but not enough.

How does printing money mitigate job loss?

keepit wrote: A new currency could happen in the chaos.

Now you're back to the subjuntive. This is sort of like a grammatical tense hit-and-run.

You could have written that an old currency could happen in the chaos. You could have written any number of an infinite list of things that could happen. I recommend just staying out of the subjunctive all together.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-08-2019 22:35
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
Sorry for rambling on in an overly vague way.
I'm usually talking about shrinking the economy to reduce greenhouse gas production. So a shrinking econ could lead to job loss and deflation.
Printing money has been a proven way to stimulate the econ and create jobs.

Anyway, the world econ seems to be on shaky grounds. Watch what happens in Hong Kong. If things get too chaotic the present currencies could become so much less useful that a new currency could emerge.

I don't know what subjunctive is. Have you been taking english lessons or something? No one around here talks about the word "subjunctive" except english teachers.
Edited on 20-08-2019 22:37
21-08-2019 00:22
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1482)
keepit wrote:
Massive economic changes could happen. That could slow CO2 production.
How to manage job loss and deflation is a monstrous problem. Printing money can mitigate it a little but not enough.
A new currency could happen in the chaos.


So, basically, you are talking about anarchy to combat climate change, as we transition over to a socialist government? Fewer jobs, less taxes collected, more people on public assistance. it also means less products being made. Low supply, means higher prices. When people don't have the cash, or the means to get money, they steal.

You don't solve one problem, by creating another one. It's like going in debt, you run out of credit on one card, so you get another one, and use it to make payments on your debt, which just keeps growing, so you need to get another card, to make payments... You aren't actually paying debt, just creating more. Eventually, no one is going to give you any more credit, they are going to still expect you to honor your debt, and make payments, even though it greatly exceeds your income. If you default, they can take what you own. Bankruptcy doesn't relieve you of all your debt.
21-08-2019 00:28
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
Harvey,
Actually i was trying to figure out ways to avoid what you're taking about - anarchy, socialism, theft etc. while shrinking the economy in order to avoid the anarchy of sea level rise and the associated flooding that would ruin coastal cities.
21-08-2019 02:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Actually i was trying to figure out ways to avoid what you're taking about - anarchy, socialism, theft etc. while shrinking the economy in order to avoid the anarchy of sea level rise and the associated flooding that would ruin coastal cities.


What sea level rise? What does the economy have to do with sea level?


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 21-08-2019 02:50
21-08-2019 02:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1477)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Actually i was trying to figure out ways to avoid what you're taking about - anarchy, socialism, theft etc. while shrinking the economy in order to avoid the anarchy of sea level rise and the associated flooding that would ruin coastal cities.


Apparently CNN still has at least one viewer left.


spot-
Into the Night is also has delusions of comptance
21-08-2019 03:04
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.
21-08-2019 04:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
keepit wrote: You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.

There's very little reality in those four. Extremely little.

On the other hand, there is a great deal of presumption that the public is stupid enough to listen to whatever they tell us to believe.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-08-2019 05:41
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
You know IBDM, you might be right./
21-08-2019 05:44
Deanster
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
All four are entertainment channels. ... that sell advertisement to garner huge amounts of undeserved money to pay stupid people to pretend to be smart.
21-08-2019 15:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
Deanster wrote:
All four are entertainment channels. ... that sell advertisement to garner huge amounts of undeserved money to pay stupid people to pretend to be smart.

The media is able to do this because too many people are so intellectually lazy that they opt to outsource their thinking, preferring that others do it for them.

As long as their is a market for it, the media will gladly manipulate those who step up and volunteer.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-08-2019 15:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


... by the way, the most egregious of the manipulators are Univision (Unimanipulación) and Telemundo (Telementira). CNN cannot touch the level of success these two media sources have had at completely controlling the Spanish-speaking community.

I catch these two occasionally, not to hear about any news because they don't play that game. I just want to find out the latest reasons why speaking Spanish makes one a victim along with the most recent tales of sadness and woe concerning the hardships endured by families of Spanish-speaking parents who are being FORCED to pay for crimes they committed because of TRUMP'S RACIST VENDETTA.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-08-2019 17:53
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
IBDM,
Where do you go to get your news.
21-08-2019 18:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


Life is not a TV or radio broadcast. Not even the news.

If these networks are reality to you, You have already lost your own life. You are a nothing. You are only an echo of these networks.


The Parrot Killer
21-08-2019 18:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
keepit wrote:
IBDM,
Where do you go to get your news.


They still provide news, like which President got elected, a war breaking out somewhere, etc.

Local channels still show where a fire started, airplane wrecks, etc.

You must learn to discriminate between news and an opinion piece being hawked as 'news'. You must learn the difference between an event being reported 'the news' and the opinion about that event 'the propaganda', even though they are intermeshed in the same article.

You must learn what is an event and what is an opinion.

Russians 'stealling' an election is not an event. It's an opinion.

A guy shooting up Ohio is an event. Omitting that he was Antifa is an opinion.

Some networks have a bigger problem with injecting opinion as 'news'. CNN, for example. I don't even bother to listen to it anymore. It has all become opinion. Same for NBC, the UK Guardian, and many others.

Just as with anyone quoting data here, I have a high standard for accepting data. I don't accept just any data. What are my standards? See the first two articles in the Data Mine thread.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 21-08-2019 18:18
21-08-2019 18:35
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1482)
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


I watch CNN, and the local FOX news at work in the break room at work. Don't think local FOX is the same as the national FOX though. CNN at work, mostly runs anti-Trump stories, but on slow days, they might run something that is almost news. I don't give them much credibility, and will look up stories of interest online when I get home, to get the factual version. Local news is generally more accurate an complete. The syndicated national programs are too political, generally leaning left. I wouldn't be a fan of a right leaning news channel either. I want the full story, and factual information, form my own opinion.

You pretty much need to check other sources of the same story, to separate the facts from the opinion, not just take the ones you agree with as fact.
21-08-2019 18:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


I watch CNN, and the local FOX news at work in the break room at work. Don't think local FOX is the same as the national FOX though. CNN at work, mostly runs anti-Trump stories, but on slow days, they might run something that is almost news. I don't give them much credibility, and will look up stories of interest online when I get home, to get the factual version. Local news is generally more accurate an complete. The syndicated national programs are too political, generally leaning left. I wouldn't be a fan of a right leaning news channel either. I want the full story, and factual information, form my own opinion.

You pretty much need to check other sources of the same story, to separate the facts from the opinion, not just take the ones you agree with as fact.


Of course, one of the problems of checking several sources is that those sources aren't necessarily separate. They are all connected to the same Associated Press network.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 21-08-2019 18:40
21-08-2019 19:03
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1482)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


I watch CNN, and the local FOX news at work in the break room at work. Don't think local FOX is the same as the national FOX though. CNN at work, mostly runs anti-Trump stories, but on slow days, they might run something that is almost news. I don't give them much credibility, and will look up stories of interest online when I get home, to get the factual version. Local news is generally more accurate an complete. The syndicated national programs are too political, generally leaning left. I wouldn't be a fan of a right leaning news channel either. I want the full story, and factual information, form my own opinion.

You pretty much need to check other sources of the same story, to separate the facts from the opinion, not just take the ones you agree with as fact.


Of course, one of the problems of checking several sources is that those sources aren't necessarily separate. They are all connected to the same Associated Press network.


True, but generally, you go with a local source closest to the story. Only so much BS you can sell to the people that live there and witness it first hand. The AP picks up those same local stories, and get creative.
21-08-2019 20:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


I watch CNN, and the local FOX news at work in the break room at work. Don't think local FOX is the same as the national FOX though. CNN at work, mostly runs anti-Trump stories, but on slow days, they might run something that is almost news. I don't give them much credibility, and will look up stories of interest online when I get home, to get the factual version. Local news is generally more accurate an complete. The syndicated national programs are too political, generally leaning left. I wouldn't be a fan of a right leaning news channel either. I want the full story, and factual information, form my own opinion.

You pretty much need to check other sources of the same story, to separate the facts from the opinion, not just take the ones you agree with as fact.


Of course, one of the problems of checking several sources is that those sources aren't necessarily separate. They are all connected to the same Associated Press network.


True, but generally, you go with a local source closest to the story. Only so much BS you can sell to the people that live there and witness it first hand. The AP picks up those same local stories, and get creative.


That they do, which is why I treat the AP and any story echoed from them with a grain of salt.

They are useful for noting that there's another hurricane in Haiti, but they are not useful for describing what damage it caused, for example.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 21-08-2019 20:16
21-08-2019 20:28
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
Personally, i'm totally impressed with the various approaches to news hunting.
What i don't get is how we all come up with such divergent interpretations?
21-08-2019 20:31
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1482)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


I watch CNN, and the local FOX news at work in the break room at work. Don't think local FOX is the same as the national FOX though. CNN at work, mostly runs anti-Trump stories, but on slow days, they might run something that is almost news. I don't give them much credibility, and will look up stories of interest online when I get home, to get the factual version. Local news is generally more accurate an complete. The syndicated national programs are too political, generally leaning left. I wouldn't be a fan of a right leaning news channel either. I want the full story, and factual information, form my own opinion.

You pretty much need to check other sources of the same story, to separate the facts from the opinion, not just take the ones you agree with as fact.


Of course, one of the problems of checking several sources is that those sources aren't necessarily separate. They are all connected to the same Associated Press network.


True, but generally, you go with a local source closest to the story. Only so much BS you can sell to the people that live there and witness it first hand. The AP picks up those same local stories, and get creative.


That they do, which is why I treat the AP and any story echoed from them with a grain of salt.

They are useful for noting that there's another hurricane in Haiti, but they are not useful for describing what damage it caused, for example.


All the news channels over hype storm damage, keeps views coming back for more. There are a few areas that get torn pretty bad, no denying that, but the vast majority of the effected area is just debris, fallen tree limbs, couple down trees. Storms are about a hundred miles wide, and only a few homes, a business, maybe a neighborhood get damaged bad. Haiti and Puerto Rico get hit hard, not so much the storm, is they rebuild as cheaply as possible, since they know they'll get a new home, with the next storm, and everything the save on construction, is free money to play with. Got a new home built a couple blocks away, about two years ago now, sort wanting to see how it holds up. It's wood frame, and didn't look particularly sturdy, thrown up kind of quick too. It was different from other constructions, which are rarely wood frame around here. We do get a lot of people from up north, who might not be aware of the severe weather down here, besides the hurricanes. Could be they built it, like their northern home.
21-08-2019 20:42
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1482)
keepit wrote:
Personally, i'm totally impressed with the various approaches to news hunting.
What i don't get is how we all come up with such divergent interpretations?


Here's an AP example of politicized news...

https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/us-has-501000-fewer-jobs-than-first-reported/978083981

They didn't say who revised the report, or why. They contradicted themselves, when they stated that only some types of jobs were over state, while others should have been higher, but didn't include those numbers. To me, it's playing on the recession fears, and implying the economy might not be as strong. These reports are only estimates, and the numbers change daily. 500,000 jobs, is sort of a big correction, for only one segment, and on a quarterly report. Generally, all together, it's in the 100,000 range. Wondering if they got the decimal point wrong, by a couple places...
21-08-2019 20:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
keepit wrote:
Personally, i'm totally impressed with the various approaches to news hunting.
What i don't get is how we all come up with such divergent interpretations?


When the news is bothering to report an event, it's usually news.

When the news is not bothering to report an event, or if it's trying to interpret the event, it isn't news.

If it's making stuff up, it isn't news.


The Parrot Killer
21-08-2019 20:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
You miss a lot of reality if you don't listen to all 4 - cnn, fox, msnbc, cnbc.


I watch CNN, and the local FOX news at work in the break room at work. Don't think local FOX is the same as the national FOX though. CNN at work, mostly runs anti-Trump stories, but on slow days, they might run something that is almost news. I don't give them much credibility, and will look up stories of interest online when I get home, to get the factual version. Local news is generally more accurate an complete. The syndicated national programs are too political, generally leaning left. I wouldn't be a fan of a right leaning news channel either. I want the full story, and factual information, form my own opinion.

You pretty much need to check other sources of the same story, to separate the facts from the opinion, not just take the ones you agree with as fact.


Of course, one of the problems of checking several sources is that those sources aren't necessarily separate. They are all connected to the same Associated Press network.


True, but generally, you go with a local source closest to the story. Only so much BS you can sell to the people that live there and witness it first hand. The AP picks up those same local stories, and get creative.


That they do, which is why I treat the AP and any story echoed from them with a grain of salt.

They are useful for noting that there's another hurricane in Haiti, but they are not useful for describing what damage it caused, for example.


All the news channels over hype storm damage, keeps views coming back for more. There are a few areas that get torn pretty bad, no denying that, but the vast majority of the effected area is just debris, fallen tree limbs, couple down trees. Storms are about a hundred miles wide, and only a few homes, a business, maybe a neighborhood get damaged bad. Haiti and Puerto Rico get hit hard, not so much the storm, is they rebuild as cheaply as possible, since they know they'll get a new home, with the next storm, and everything the save on construction, is free money to play with. Got a new home built a couple blocks away, about two years ago now, sort wanting to see how it holds up. It's wood frame, and didn't look particularly sturdy, thrown up kind of quick too. It was different from other constructions, which are rarely wood frame around here. We do get a lot of people from up north, who might not be aware of the severe weather down here, besides the hurricanes. Could be they built it, like their northern home.


Quite right. News is like the gossip. They are in the business of selling gossip. The juicier the gossip, the better the sales.


The Parrot Killer
21-08-2019 20:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Personally, i'm totally impressed with the various approaches to news hunting.
What i don't get is how we all come up with such divergent interpretations?


Here's an AP example of politicized news...

https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/us-has-501000-fewer-jobs-than-first-reported/978083981

They didn't say who revised the report, or why. They contradicted themselves, when they stated that only some types of jobs were over state, while others should have been higher, but didn't include those numbers. To me, it's playing on the recession fears, and implying the economy might not be as strong. These reports are only estimates, and the numbers change daily. 500,000 jobs, is sort of a big correction, for only one segment, and on a quarterly report. Generally, all together, it's in the 100,000 range. Wondering if they got the decimal point wrong, by a couple places...


Spot on, and yet there IS news there. The news is that someone is trying to manipulate a report, and that such a report exists, even if it is crap.


The Parrot Killer
21-08-2019 21:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
Into the Night wrote:That they do, which is why I treat the AP and any story echoed from them with a grain of salt.

I'm sorry but when it comes to AP, I have the entire salt shaker ready.

When it comes to Reuters, I jump directly to pumping pepper spray into my face.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-08-2019 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:That they do, which is why I treat the AP and any story echoed from them with a grain of salt.

I'm sorry but when it comes to AP, I have the entire salt shaker ready.

When it comes to Reuters, I jump directly to pumping pepper spray into my face.


.


No need to apologize! The AP and Reuters did it to themselves. They are the ONLY ones that need to apologize!



The Parrot Killer
21-08-2019 23:03
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
Just for the sake of argument - if one doesn't generally believe the news sources and opinions, what does such a person believe that makes them not believe the news sources?
I know, i know, you believe your own opinion.
I believe my own opinion too but undoubtedly my opinion is affected by new shows.
21-08-2019 23:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
keepit wrote:
Just for the sake of argument - if one doesn't generally believe the news sources and opinions, what does such a person believe that makes them not believe the news sources?
I know, i know, you believe your own opinion.
I believe my own opinion too but undoubtedly my opinion is affected by new shows.

There's something about people lying to me that cheeses me. I watch the news and when I feel cheesed, they're lying to me.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-08-2019 23:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
keepit wrote:
Just for the sake of argument - if one doesn't generally believe the news sources and opinions, what does such a person believe that makes them not believe the news sources?
I know, i know, you believe your own opinion.
I believe my own opinion too but undoubtedly my opinion is affected by new shows.


You really should read the 1st two articles of the Data Mine. Your answer (for me at least) is there.


The Parrot Killer
21-08-2019 23:45
keepit
★★★☆☆
(713)
How do i find Data Mine?
22-08-2019 00:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9878)
keepit wrote:
How do i find Data Mine?

You can find it here.


The Parrot Killer
22-08-2019 01:38
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1482)
keepit wrote:
Just for the sake of argument - if one doesn't generally believe the news sources and opinions, what does such a person believe that makes them not believe the news sources?
I know, i know, you believe your own opinion.
I believe my own opinion too but undoubtedly my opinion is affected by new shows.


It's not so much that I don't believe the story, just the completeness, and how it's presented. I just don't blindly trust a story, obviously biased to sell an opinion to provide the entire story or all the facts available.

It's kind of like 'Global Warming', they only focus on the warming side of the story, little to nothing on what cools the planet. They imply that there is only warming going on, and it just keeps building up. To me, it's pretty obvious that there is another side to the story. They go to great lengths to convince me it's going to continuously get hotter, and there is only one way to stop it, before we all burn up, we have to hurry before it's too late. The world is a big place, a heat wave isn't that uncommon, but then again neither are severe winter storms. It's not that hard to find something on this planet to support that it's warming, but hard to ignore the cooling either. I find it really hard to believe a small, fractional part of the entire, really huge atmosphere, is the root of any sort of problem, or that it's a crisis, that needs immediate attention.
22-08-2019 02:29
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1394)
HarveyH55 wrote:To me, it's pretty obvious that there is another side to the story.


Harvey, speaking of consiparcy theories and false information take a look at what we've got going on over here:
greenhouse-gases-do-not-violate-the-stefan-boltzmann-law
22-08-2019 17:17
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
tmiddles wrote:Harvey, speaking of consiparcy theories and false information take a look at what we've got going on over here:
greenhouse-gases-do-not-violate-the-stefan-boltzmann-law


HarveyH55 is not motivated to push Marxism and is not driven to glorify Global Warming by insisting that any sort of gibber-babble is somehow "settled science that we know."

You can certainly try to peddle your violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics to HarveyH55 and see if there's interest ... but I'm guessing that he would prefer you just keep him out of it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyCDK7E35yk


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-08-2019 17:21
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1482)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:To me, it's pretty obvious that there is another side to the story.


Harvey, speaking of consiparcy theories and false information take a look at what we've got going on over here:
greenhouse-gases-do-not-violate-the-stefan-boltzmann-law


I tend to shy away from Stefan-Boltzmann, as I don't see much benefit to learning it, or the math involved, other than to argue climate change. I've got other hobbies, that keep me busy on technical details. The debate seems to be in how it's used and applied. Personally, I don't see it as the Deniers Holy Grail, anymore than I think man-made CO2, is for the environmentalists. Kind of a subjective interpretation, you see things, how you want them to be.
22-08-2019 17:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5026)
HarveyH55 wrote:The debate seems to be in how it's used and applied. Personally, I don't see [Stefan-Boltzmann] as the Deniers Holy Grail,

You are correct. The "denier's" holy grail is the laws of thermodynamics. Stefan-Boltzmann is really only called upon to assasinate claims that the earth's radiance decreases while the earth's temperature increases, i.e. "greenhouse gases" somehow "trap" or "slow" earth's thermal radiation. Stefan-Boltzmann puts a cap in those babies.

Now it's true that most warmizombies put all their eggs in that basket and get Stefan-Boltzmann Derangement Syndrome when their religious beliefs get the professional hit-man treatment. I get it. What a pity.

HarveyH55 wrote: Kind of a subjective interpretation, you see things, how you want them to be.

Nope. There is no subjectivity in it whatsoever. There is no room for "interpretation." No human's opinion is applicable. You either show it to be wrong (good luck) or you abide by it.

Stefan-Boltzmann is a rather friendly model once you get to know it. Sure, it's an acquired taste but you don't have to worry about designer flavors; it's always exactly the same, every time.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist




Join the debate economics and climate change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Plants, CO2, World Economics/Politics027-08-2019 04:28
CAGW and economics of greed.014-03-2019 22:06
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact