Remember me
▼ Content

East Antarctic Ice Shelf Weaknesses

Page 4 of 6<<<23456>
12-07-2017 16:34
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
There are comparisons trying to show the size of the new Larsen C iceberg.... Delaware sized or enough water to fill 460 million Olympic swimming pools. Here's my estimate:
Larsen C iceberg (A68?) is the equivalent of an ice cube 6.5 miles long, 6.5 miles wide.... & almost 35,000 feet high!!!! The energy needed to melt such an ice cube would be 3.5 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S. Now, that it is free from the Antarctic landmass & if it moves away (it could also hang around the continent, too), the Larsen C iceberg will be able to melt, no longer constrained by cold Antarctica. One even larger Antarctic iceberg DID hang around the Antarctic coast & took 6 or 7 years to melt, even tho it broke up into smaller bergs over the years.
14-07-2017 18:50
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: There are comparisons trying to show the size of the new Larsen C iceberg.... Delaware sized or enough water to fill 460 million Olympic swimming pools. Here's my estimate:
Larsen C iceberg (A68?) is the equivalent of an ice cube 6.5 miles long, 6.5 miles wide.... & almost 35,000 feet high!!!! The energy needed to melt such an ice cube would be 3.5 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S.

It is good that AGW denier liar whiners don't mention that a million times a million+ ton Antarctic ice chuck is no longer part of Antarctica....like many other near state sized Antarctic icebergs in the past 20 years.
Yeah, it is good AGW denier liar whiners continue to lie.... this time with their silence.
14-07-2017 18:57
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote: There are comparisons trying to show the size of the new Larsen C iceberg.... Delaware sized or enough water to fill 460 million Olympic swimming pools. Here's my estimate:
Larsen C iceberg (A68?) is the equivalent of an ice cube 6.5 miles long, 6.5 miles wide.... & almost 35,000 feet high!!!! The energy needed to melt such an ice cube would be 3.5 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S.

It is good that AGW denier liar whiners don't mention that a million times a million+ ton Antarctic ice chuck is no longer part of Antarctica....like many other near state sized Antarctic icebergs in the past 20 years.
Yeah, it is good AGW denier liar whiners continue to lie.... this time with their silence.

So as far as I can make out you think of yourself as a "AGW denier liar whiners continue to lie." Since all you can do is talk to yourself with absolute rubbish. There are NO records of Arctic ice extent so your comments are absolutely meaningless.
14-07-2017 19:17
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs: all you.... do is talk......with absolute rubbish. There are NO records of Arctic ice extent....

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" admits that it is absolute rubbish..... specially about scientific data.
14-07-2017 20:49
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs: all you.... do is talk......with absolute rubbish. There are NO records of Arctic ice extent....

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" admits that it is absolute rubbish..... specially about scientific data.

Again having a conversation with yourself that shows that you are sick in body and mind.
14-07-2017 23:07
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:.... sick in body and mind.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" has deeply psychotic projection, application & transference issues. It can't properly transfer mathematical applications to AGW projects. Being a luney tune explains the psychosis.
15-07-2017 00:45
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:.... sick in body and mind.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" has deeply psychotic projection, application & transference issues. It can't properly transfer mathematical applications to AGW projects. Being a luney tune explains the psychosis.

And again all you can do it talk to yourself with your psychotic ideas that what happens today is completely different than what ever happened before. Sick people like you should get help.
18-07-2017 09:55
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy sllimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:.... what happens today is completely different than what ever happened before.

& so it is:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/07/antarctica-sea-level-rise-climate-change/
From the article:
Great fjords are below the Antarctic Ice Sheets & Shelves that flow into the Antarctic waters. Initially dug out by ancient Ice Sheet glaciers, bigger even than the present ones, these fjords are deep next to Antarctic shorelines & get shallower as the Ice Sheet glaciers proceeded into the Oceans, melting & getting smaller.

This process also occurred in the great fjords of Norway & to a lesser extent the straits & fjords of western mainland Canada, east of the inside passage between the mainland & Vancouver Island. Most recently, similar great fjords along the shorelines of Greenland have been discovered underneath the Ice Sheets & Shelves, worked with the same type monstrous glaciers of the past sliding off Greenland.

After the great Antarctic Ice Sheets reduced, more millenia past, with grounding islands & sub-surface rock structures bearing up & supporting Ice Shelves acted as brakes to continued but reduced scale glacier flows that also advanced into the seas & Oceans around Antarctica.
In the present era, along with warming air & lands, vast warming currents initially impinged on those Antarctic islands & sub-surface grounding structures. Great inverted ice canyons have been melted out on the underside of Antarctic Ice Shelves. So much weight has been lost, that regions of the Antarctic Ice Shelves are now floating, & no longer grounded. Now, more warming is occurring beyond the grounding islands & sub-surface rock, because the fjords ARE DEEPER AS THEY PROCEED FURTHER INLAND. Intruding warm waters now eat & melt Ice Shelves, not only around the grounding structures, but deep into the ice covered, but ever deep fjords.
Melting, unseen by surface observers, is being recorded & verified by underwater robotic craft that explore the underbellies(ever thinning underbellies) of Antarctic Ice Shelves.
As these Ice Shelves decrease in strength & weight, Antarctic Ice Sheet flow will increase in mass & speed, to enter the seas & oceans.
18-07-2017 16:34
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: As these Ice Shelves decrease in strength & weight, Antarctic Ice Sheet flow will increase in mass & speed, to enter the seas & oceans.

Correction:
As these Ice Shelves decrease in strength & weight, Antarctic Ice Sheet flow will increase in massflow & speed, to enter the seas & oceans.
20-07-2017 04:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Larsen C iceberg AND ICE SHELF is changing.
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/larsen-c-ice-shelf-iceberg-changing-21628
From the article:
The iceberg has traveled about 1.5 miles from the ice shelf it was formerly attached to.... the massive iceberg is splintering and a constellation of smaller icebergs are surrounding it.... The floating ice shelf is the smallest it has been in recorded history.... there are a number of potential follow-up icebergs clinging to the remaining ice shelf....."A new rift appears to be extending northwards and may result in further ice shelf area loss... there may be a risk that it will continue on to Bawden ice rise, a crucial point of stabilization for Larsen C Ice Shelf."
21-07-2017 20:45
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Larsen C iceberg AND ICE SHELF continue to change in this article:
http://gizmodo.com/antarctica-s-massive-iceberg-is-starting-to-disintegrat-1797128227
From the article, after detailing latest changes to Larsen C iceberg, also shows continuing changes to the Larsen C Ice Shelf, itself:
Meanwhile on the Antarctic Peninsula, the remaining ice shelf, Larsen C, is also showing signs of strain. Researchers with the Project MIDAS, who have been monitoring the iceberg closely over the past several months, were concerned that the gargantuan calving event might accelerate breakup elsewhere along the ice sheet, and this now appears to be the case.....
New observations show the persistence of rifts (the dark curving lines in the image above), splotches that represent the birthplace of future icebergs. What's more, a new rift has started to extend northwards, which could result in another, albeit smaller, calving event. Project MIDAS suspects that new rift will soon turn towards the shelf edge, and that it'll continue towards the Bawden Ice Rise—a crucial stabilization juncture for the Larsen C ice shelf.....
"To me, it's an unequivocal signature of the impact of climate change on Larsen C," said Eric Rignot, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "This is not a natural cycle. This is the response of the system to a warmer climate from the top and from the bottom. Nothing else can cause this."
21-07-2017 21:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
"To me, it's an unequivocal signature of the impact of climate change on Larsen C," said Eric Rignot, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "This is not a natural cycle. This is the response of the system to a warmer climate from the top and from the bottom. Nothing else can cause this."

I always wanted to be a jet engine mechanic so I would be able to do professional
environmental and iceberg analysis in the name of NASA.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
21-07-2017 21:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
GasGuzzler wrote:

I always wanted to be a jet engine mechanic so I would be able to do professional
environmental and iceberg analysis in the name of NASA.

https://www.faa.gov/mechanics/become/basic/

I'd love to see your results!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 21-07-2017 21:56
22-07-2017 04:54
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
More info on Larsen C iceberg and Larsen C Ice Shelf:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/world/sutter-iceberg-antarctica-climate-change/index.html
22-07-2017 20:19
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
With the Larsen C iceberg undocking from Antarctica, the Larsen C Ice Shelf showing disintegration problems, & further disappearance of Arctic sea ice, this article highlights the continued AND INCREASING maneuvers of countries to NOT ONLY claim Arctic rights, but efforts to deny other countries rights from international waters.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/opinion/ct-lns-cyr-climate-challenges-st-0721-20170720-story.html
It appears that the future Arctic will be exploited, exploded, & badly polluted with "wild-west international politics".
The only question are which countries have the greatest lusting audacity to start the first rapes & destructions to the Arctic, & lack any desire to brake & break away from the total desecration of the Arctic. Once the first wave of countries begin their Arctic pollutions, other countries will pile on.
25-07-2017 15:55
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Robert Hunziker, not only highlights the recent Larsen C iceberg undocking from Antarctica, but "the Great Acceleration" of other incredibly sized icebergs, blowing gaskets in Antarctica for the last two+ decades, the 8000 flourishing supraglacial lakes in East Antartica, the continuing expansion 7000 of the permafrost pingos in Siberia(possibly 100,000 in the entire Arctic permafrost), declining global sea ice even in Antarctica & subsea permafrost, raising local atmospheric methane levels.
http://dissidentvoice.org/2017/07/extremely-nasty-climate-wake-up-calls/
Edited on 25-07-2017 15:57
27-07-2017 05:37
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Superlative Thermal Infrared Sensor (TIRS) on Landsat 8 image of Larsen C iceberg, moving away from Antarctica & edges beginning to break up already.
https://cosmosmagazine.com/geoscience/massive-larsen-c-iceberg-on-the-move
29-07-2017 04:01
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Peter Sinclair, famous for his Climate Denial Crock of the Week, puts the Climate Denial lie that the Larsen C iceberg "don't mean nuthin" on trial:
https://climatecrocks.com/2017/07/21/larsen-c-continues-to-unravel/
29-07-2017 08:12
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
This article, first published in June, is updated with info about the Larsen C iceberg. However, this article, details underwater warming of Ice Shelves, not only on the West Antarctic peninsula, but also in East Antarctica.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/07/antarctica-sea-level-rise-climate-change/
Dabs of detail from the article:
On the Antarctic Peninsula, the warming has been far greater—nearly five degrees... That's why a Delaware-size iceberg just broke off the Larsen C Ice Shelf...The Pine Island Ice Shelf AND glacier.... drain a much larger dome of ice called the West Antarctic Ice Sheet.... rests on the floor of a basin that dips more than 5,000 feet below sea level (& is) vulnerable to the warming ocean. The ice sheet is held back only by its fringing ice shelves—... (which) are starting to fail.... the glaciers behind them flow faster to the sea... The Pine Island Ice Shelf, about 1,300 feet thick....thinned by an average of 150 feet from 1994 to 2012... the neighboring Thwaites Glacier, which could destabilize most of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet....."These are the fastest retreating glaciers on the face of the Earth," says Eric Rignot....
In March 1994 the U.S. icebreaker Nathaniel B. Palmer reached the Pine Island Ice Shelf.
The west side of the Antarctic Peninsula is warming several times faster than the rest of the planet & ninety percent of its 674 glaciers are now in retreat.... the crew... lower(ed) scientific instruments through the water column....Near the surface, a current was streaming out from under the ice shelf that was slightly less salty than the sea around it, because it was freshened by melted ice. (The ice is fresh because it originated as snow falling on West Antarctica.) And at depths of 2,000 to 3,000 feet, along a seafloor canyon that ran straight under the ice, warmer seawater was streaming in....Stan Jacobs, an oceanographer....understood... The warm water was coming from the South Pacific, more than 200 miles north.....The glacier itself had carved that canyon, thousands of years ago during the Ice Age... that same canyon was channeling warm ocean water under the Pine Island Ice Shelf. Somewhere tens of miles inland, the warm water was finding the "grounding line"....the warm water was eroding it, producing a steady stream of melt-laden seawater. Because it was cooler and fresher, it was less dense, and so it was rising above the warmer, incoming water and flowing back out to sea just under the shelf.....By measuring the amount of this freshwater, the researchers could estimate how much ice was being lost....Adrian Jenkins, a glaciologist....his calculations, the ice shelf was losing 13 cubic miles of ice per year from its underside; back near the grounding line, the ice was probably thinning up to 300 feet per year......The ice sheet is... starting to fail....Over the next 13 years he and Jacobs.... finally got back there on the Palmer in January 2009, they found that the melt rate had increased by about 50 percent....they came equipped....with a yellow robotic submarine called Autosub3....navigate autonomously under the ice shelf, out of contact with the ship, for up to 30 hours at a time..... Autosub3 discovered that the ice shelf had thinned enough to lift off a submarine ridge.... ultimately rising 500 feet up into the labyrinthine bowels of the ice shelf. Finally it had dropped back out and escaped into open water.....The sub's sonar data, revealed...the bottom of the ice shelf was corrugated with not just one but many channels, which cut as far as 600 feet up into it. The walls of these inverted ice canyons were sculpted into terraces, ledges, and sharp corners, and along the ceiling of each ran a gaping crack that penetrated even farther into the ice.... the upside-down canyons had been carved, like rock canyons on land, by flowing water. Apparently the meltwater rising off the grounding line was still warm enough to melt more ice. And as it flowed for tens of miles along the underside of the ice shelf, back out to the open sea, it was melting a lot of it.
Large swaths of West Antarctica are hemorrhaging ice these days.... Average annual temperatures on its west side have risen nearly 5 degrees Fahrenheit since 1950—several times faster than the rest of the planet—and the winters have warmed an astonishing 9 degrees. Sea ice now forms only four months a year instead of seven.....Since 1988, four ice shelves....have disintegrated... Warmer air helped trigger these collapses by forming meltwater ponds on the surface of ice shelves; the ponds drained into crevasses, wedging them deeper into the ice. As the shelves have vanished, the glaciers they once stabilized have stampeded into the ocean, accelerating to two, five, even nine times their original speed.
The same processes are occurring in East Antarctica.
01-08-2017 04:30
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
While AGW denier liar whiners declared a coming Ice Age & even mentioned that the early crack in the Larsen C Ice Shelf could seal itself with snow & ice increases, Prof. Bharat Raj Singh's prediction in 2014, stated that Larsen C Ice Shelf would calve.
https://www.nyoooz.com/news/delhi/882912/environment-hazard-lucknow-scientist-had-predicted-breaking-of-iceberg-in-2014/
03-08-2017 00:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Further updates about the Larsen C iceberg. Smaller icebergs break off both the Larsen C iceberg AND Larsen C Ice Shelf.
https://phys.org/news/2017-08-larsen-c-iceberg-breakaway.html
From the article:
We can see that the remaining cracks continue to grow towards a feature called Bawden Ice Rise...
///////
Bawden Ice Rise is one of the grounding points for the remaining "C" Shelf. Not only do Ice Shelves help slow the advance into the sea of land glaciers, Ice Shelves firmly attached to grounding points are instrumental to that cause. Ice Shelve cracks towards grounding points are a sign that firmness is compromised.
04-08-2017 03:38
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
There are comparisons trying to show the size of the new Larsen C iceberg.... Delaware sized or enough water to fill 460 million Olympic swimming pools. Here's my estimate:
Larsen C iceberg (A68?) is the equivalent of an ice cube 6.5 miles long, 6.5 miles wide.... & almost 35,000 feet high!!!! The energy needed to melt such an ice cube would be 3.5 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S. Now, that it is free from the Antarctic landmass & if it moves away (it could also hang around the continent, too), the Larsen C iceberg will be able to melt, no longer constrained by cold Antarctica. One even larger Antarctic iceberg DID hang around the Antarctic coast & took 6 or 7 years to melt, even tho it broke up into smaller bergs over the years.

Here's another comparison of the size of the Antarctic Larsen C iceberg:
http://projects.xocas.com/2017/how-big-is-the-iceberg/
//////
Of course the thickness of the iceberg if resting on the land, would tower 1000 feet above any landform upon which you superimpose the iceberg.
Edited on 04-08-2017 03:46
04-08-2017 18:02
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Cool!!!! As the furthest north parts of Antarctica become illuminated by the now rising sun, after the complete darkness of early "winter" passes, high resolution sharp shadowed visible images of Larsen C iceberg are spectacular. The "winter" time sea ice is also seen, holding the Larsen C iceberg near its break-off point:
http://www.businessinsider.com/larsen-c-iceberg-satellite-pictures-2017-8?op=0#
07-08-2017 16:09
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
The "wintertime" sea ice that developed during the last 4 months or so, have been restraining the Larsen C Iceberg within a few miles of its original calving position. This article speculates that Larsen C iceberg could bump back into Larsen C Ice Shelf. With further calving of smaller icebergs between the "shelf" & the A68 Larsen C iceberg, much "bump" pressure could degrade the Larsen C Ice Shelf quicker than normal. Visible light images of the Larsen C Ice Shelf already show the stress on the Ice Shelf:
http://www.businessinsider.com/larsen-c-iceberg-satellite-pictures-2017-8/#deimos-1-and-deimos-2-follow-similar-orbits-and-work-together-to-image-the-same-spots-on-the-ground-in-medium-and-very-high-resolution-1
Edited on 07-08-2017 16:11
11-08-2017 22:52
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Here's an older chart showing the velocity flow of Antarctic ices (both land & sea) in the region of Larsen C Ice Shelf (that just lost 12% of itself).
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n5/fig_tab/nclimate2912_F2.html
The lowest velocity flow was the portion that is now the Larsen C Iceberg, which is now traveling at a 1000(+?) times the highest velocities shown in the graph. Yes, the Larsen C Iceberg is..... FREE.... FREE.....FREE, AT LAST!!!
.... & of course, the rest of the Larsen C Ice Shelf...AND THE INTERIOR GLACIERS CAN FLOW FASTER..... FREE.... FREE..... FREE, AT LAST!!!
Edited on 11-08-2017 22:59
13-08-2017 03:24
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
With the new knowledge that underwater robotic craft have given, showing the inverted ice canyons melting out sub-surface Antarctic Ice Shelves, is this article, detailing the actions of tiny waves on Ice Shelves:
http://blogs.agu.org/geospace/2017/08/08/tiny-ocean-waves-could-make-large-ice-shelves-crumble/
13-08-2017 03:35
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Peter Sinclair, of Crock of the Week tallies, chips in his thoughts, after returning from the same region of Greenland that now entertains the worst recorded wildfire of the island. https://climatecrocks.com/2017/08/12/greenland-fire-update/
14-08-2017 13:36
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
With the undocking of 1+ trillion tons of ice from Antarctica, its nice to see that Arctic Greenland is stable..... NOT!!! Here's the Chasing Ice video, showing the largest iceberg calving event caught in the Northern Hemisphere.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Larsen+C+Ice+Shelf+Collapse+Video&&view=detail&mid=F2AB1990A4AF8BAF7D0BF2AB1990A4AF8BAF7D0B&&FORM=VDRVRV
13-10-2017 22:08
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Research teams hope to study original lifeforms at the Larsen C break at close hand, before invading flora & fauna inundate the region.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/when-larsen-c-ice-shelf-broke-it-exposed-hidden-world
Included is a photo showing the slow motion of Larsen C iceberg as it tries to part the shores of Antarctica.
20-10-2017 20:13
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Present Antarctic very coldest temperatures on the highest elevations of the Ice Sheet are about -60degC. These temperatures tho, are ~ 10degC warmer than normal, & small areas could be ~15 degC warmer.
14-11-2017 16:57
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Brunt Ice Shelf, supporting the British Antarctic Survey Halley VI research station, has continuing developing cracks, which are interfering with & cause suspended operations. The portable station has been moved to safety(?) twice:
https://www.livescience.com/60874-antarctica-uk-base-winter-shutdown.html
15-11-2017 02:26
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
As we all know litebrain believes that man has caused a tremendous loss of ice in the arctic regions and that he has guaranteed the death of man.

We all know that he is a raving lunatic. But let us assume that he is correct. That the ice flows are reducing at an accelerating rate.

http://www.petitionproject.org/gw_article/GWReview_OISM150.pdf

This is a peer reviewed paper on the reduction of the ice flows in the Arctic.

It turns out that it started circa 1790 - AT THE END OF THE LITTLE ICE AGE and that it has been reducing at a perfectly linear rate ever since. It shows NO deviation due to the probably non-existent global warming.

This means our own little raving lunatic as I said before talks out of his hindquarters and we are seeing nothing more than the perfectly expected reduction in ice caused by the ending of the little ice age.

The sickness among liberals is so extreme that it's pretty hard to understand. We have seen the reaction of greenman and monckton is to make the most rediculous statements plainly showing that they are not sane. That they want fervently to see the end to mankind and if they could possibly find it within their power to cause that they would do it.

If you scan through ALL of the "environmental" websites you find this same mental illness rife throughout them.

So now we have to question exactly what this is. Religions don't usually preach the death of their subjects. Can they be nothing more than extremists and should possibly be considered possible terrorists?
15-11-2017 02:44
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Wake wrote:http://www.petitionproject.org/gw_article/GWReview_OISM150.pdf
Many errors in the Robinson, Robinson, & Soon paper. That's what oil, coal, fossil fuel & business get fer only payin' them a bit over $1,000,000. Them boys throw tageth'r trash "sigh-ants" that don't tell nobody, nuthin'.
http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/2008/07/25/michael-maccracken%e2%80%99s-analysis-of-errors-in-robinson-robinson-and-soon-2007-contrarian-article/
15-11-2017 03:00
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
Many errors in the Robinson, Robinson, & Soon paper. That's what oil, coal, fossil fuel & business get fer only payin' them a bit over $1,000,000. Them boys throw tageth'r trash "sigh-ants" that don't tell nobody, nuthin'.
http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/2008/07/25/michael-maccracken%e2%80%99s-analysis-of-errors-in-robinson-robinson-and-soon-2007-contrarian-article/

A man who works for Waste Management and who apparently has no references or credentials of his own is litebrain's hero.
15-11-2017 03:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:
.... Waste Management...
All that is needed to trash the Robinson, Robinson, & Soon soggy & saggin' paper.
16-11-2017 19:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Clear view of rifts remaining from the Larsen C iceberg departure from the Larsen C Ice Shelf:
https://twitter.com/StefLhermitte/status/931094514730721280/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fclimatecrocks.com%2F
Edited on 16-11-2017 19:19
16-11-2017 19:27
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
Clear view of rifts remaining from the Larsen C iceberg departure from the Larsen C Ice Shelf:
https://twitter.com/StefLhermitte/status/931094514730721280/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fclimatecrocks.com%2F

"Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth's polar ice caps have not receded at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice caps in 1979. Since the end of 2012, moreover, total polar ice extent has largely remained above the post-1979 average. "

(From NASA Nov 2017) "Rapid expansion of the Arctic sea ice cover is the norm for October as solar input dwindles and the remaining heat in the upper ocean is released upwards, warming the lower atmosphere and escaping to space. Because of late season growth, the seasonal Antarctic maximum we previously reported as occurring on September 15 was exceeded, with a new maximum set on October 11 and 12. This is the second-lowest and second-latest seasonal maximum extent in the satellite record."
16-11-2017 19:46
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" wiffs: Since the end of 2012, moreover, total polar ice extent has largely remained above the post-1979 average.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up", in standard AGW denier liar whiner propaganda, mentions lowest Arctic sea ice in 2012. It was well known (& reported at the time it occurred) that weather conditions shifted at that time & transported large quantities of sea ice out of the Arctic to melt in north Atlantic Ocean waters. "many time threatener wake-me-up" knows this because it has tried this tact previously AND BEEN TOLD OF THE EXTRAORDINARY SEA ICE TRANSPORT OUT OF THE ARCTIC. But in its best LIAR fashion, it continues to flop its LIES onto this webcyst.
In truth, November 1, 2017 Arctic sea ice is ~ 10,500 cubic kilometers LESS than the average of 1980's for November 1. This missing ice is the equivalent of an ice cube, 22 kilometers wide, by 22 kilometers long, by 71,000 feet high. The energy needed to melt such a missing amount of ice is 32 times the annual U.S. consumption of energy.
Also NOT mentioned by "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up":
Solar TSI has been languid for many decades & low for 11 years (including a 3+ year TSI setting a 100 year record low).
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" continues to earn its name.
Edited on 16-11-2017 19:50
20-11-2017 01:35
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Mor' info on Larsen C Ice Shelf & Iceberg:
https://phys.org/news/2017-11-calving-massive-iceberg-larsen-ice.html
20-11-2017 17:35
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
Mor' info on Larsen C Ice Shelf & Iceberg:
https://phys.org/news/2017-11-calving-massive-iceberg-larsen-ice.html

Now litebrain is showing us that he cannot properly use this site to transfer references and that it is unusual for icebergs to calf from ice shelves.
Page 4 of 6<<<23456>

Join the debate East Antarctic Ice Shelf Weaknesses:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
New Ice age by 203014004-04-2022 16:10
Arctic ice cover202-04-2022 09:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact