Remember me
▼ Content

Earth is naturally warming so what's the fuss about it?

Earth is naturally warming so what's the fuss about it?07-02-2019 19:18
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Most of the time in Earth's history it has been warmer than now. Now Earth is in an abnormally cold period so it makes sense it's warming up naturally.

https://youtu.be/mqejXs7XgsU
07-02-2019 19:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Most of the time in Earth's history it has been warmer than now. Now Earth is in an abnormally cold period so it makes sense it's warming up naturally.

What is 'abnormally cold' or 'abnormally warm'? What is 'normal'?

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. You don't know if it has been warmer, colder, or just the same temperature as today at any time in history. Local temperature readings are not the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2019 18:10
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

What is 'abnormally cold' or 'abnormally warm'? What is 'normal'?

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. You don't know if it has been warmer, colder, or just the same temperature as today at any time in history. Local temperature readings are not the temperature of the Earth.

Yup, that is something that many people believe without even thinking about why they believe that... They just believe random numbers thrown their way because those numbers were provided by "experts"...
08-02-2019 20:32
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Not only has it been warmer in the past but it hasn't been warming at all since 1960. The average temperatures have been falling. The Arctic Ice Cap that we are being told is melting has not expanded to nearly it's largest on record. The Greenland glaciers have been expanding for the last five years as those at NASA and NOAA have been saying they're shrinking. I want a Congressional investigation of why NASA and NOAA have been selling false information to the citizens of this country. And I want criminal charges against those who have been misusing government funds to produce these phony records.
08-02-2019 23:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Not only has it been warmer in the past

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth, Wake.
Wake wrote:
but it hasn't been warming at all since 1960.

Wake wrote:
The average temperatures have been falling.

Wake wrote:
The Arctic Ice Cap that we are being told is melting has not expanded to nearly it's largest on record.

This statement denies itself.
Wake wrote:
The Greenland glaciers have been expanding for the last five years as those at NASA and NOAA have been saying they're shrinking.

Compositional error fallacy, Wake. Some have been expanding, some have been shrinking, just like other glaciers in the world. Greenland certainly hasn't been melting. There are no rivers of that size to lose what is accumulating yearly in Greenland's interior ice fields.
Wake wrote:
I want a Congressional investigation of why NASA and NOAA have been selling false information to the citizens of this country.

You think Pelosi is going to go along with that?

Wake wrote:
And I want criminal charges against those who have been misusing government funds to produce these phony records.

You think the FBI and Pelosi are going to along with that?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Earth is naturally warming so what's the fuss about it?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
whats warming the world4707-10-2016 13:55
Not a single major emitter ratified the Paris agreement, so what's the fuss about it?029-06-2016 13:19
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact