Remember me
▼ Content

e

Page 1 of 212>
e19-01-2020 08:41
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
According to the Stefan Boltzman article in wikipedia, emissivity depends on wavelength.
19-01-2020 18:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
keepit wrote:According to the Stefan Boltzman article in wikipedia, emissivity depends on wavelength.

That's a different "emissivity" believe it or not. That word should be "radiativity" and corresponds with "absorptivity" and applies to materials, not bodies.

This is just another example of the intentional confusion injected into our parlance by the leftist political agenda. This is another example of why Wikipedia is summarily dismissed. Look how it got you.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-01-2020 19:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Wikipedia has a high level of credibility. You have almost none.
19-01-2020 19:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Wikipedia has a high level of credibility. You have almost none.

None. Their articles are too often incomplete, badly written, or just plain wrong.
Wikipedia is not a valid reference. You cannot use it with us. You cannot force us to accept it as a reference. It is summarily dismissed.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-01-2020 20:57
(14373)
keepit wrote: Wikipedia has a high level of credibility. You have almost none.

Wikipedia certainly has a high level of credibility with you. Great. Go use it. See how it works out for you. It already hosed you with "emissivity" and you should feel angry. The fact that you don't speaks volumes of how you are firmly under the control of the leftist political agenda.

I have no intention of telling you what references to use. I am telling you what references I will and will not accept.

Shouldn't you be practicing your leftist math, i.e. one printed dollar plus one printed dollar equals zero printed dollars? (btw, did you get that from Wikipedia too?)

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-01-2020 21:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
IBDM,
Where did you get the idea that one printed dollar plus one printed dollar equals zero. Did you get get from some who thinks that treasuries are the same thing as the Treasury?
28-01-2020 19:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
According to Wiki "the emissivity of a planet is determined by the nature of the surface and the atmosphere."
28-01-2020 20:45
(21559)
keepit wrote:
According to Wiki "the emissivity of a planet is determined by the nature of the surface and the atmosphere."

Nope. Wikipedia is wrong again. There is no frequency term in emissivity. It is completely independent of the substance emitting. The presence of CO2 does not effect emissivity. The presence of an atmosphere does not effect emissivity.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-01-2020 21:19
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
And people should believe you because .....
28-01-2020 21:27
(21559)
keepit wrote:
And people should believe you because .....

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2020 21:32
(14373)
keepit wrote: IBDM, Where did you get the idea that one printed dollar plus one printed dollar equals zero.

From you. You are quite insistent that printing dollars doesn't increase the number of dollars if those dollars are intended to pay debt.

28-01-2020 21:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Govt debt !!!
28-01-2020 21:47
(14373)
keepit wrote: Govt debt !!!

Yes. I got it.

You are wrong. I have no idea at what point you believe that a printed dollar simply disappears outside of the government physically destroying it. There exists no form of spending that causes any dollars to disappear. I don't care if it's for government debt, commercial debt, or even to purchase a Tommy's double chilli cheeseburger with no pickles, ... it doesn't matter.

Nonetheless, you got it in your head that dollars simply disappear if spent on paying government debt, and no amount of reasoning with you will help.

28-01-2020 21:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Not disappear IBDM. I'm saying that the number of dollars don't increase when the govt prints something to pay off govt debt.
I'm equating dollar bills with govt securities which some people don't get with.
28-01-2020 22:17
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Not disappear IBDM. I'm saying that the number of dollars don't increase when the govt prints something to pay off govt debt.
I'm equating dollar bills with govt securities which some people don't get with.

Yes it does. The government printed money to pay off a debt.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2020 22:23
(14373)
keepit wrote:

Whenever the government prints another dollar, the number of dollars increases by one. If that dollar is spent, even if to pay off debt, that dollar still exists and is in the possession of the person or entity that was paid.

How is this not obvious?

28-01-2020 22:48
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
According to the Stefan Boltzman article in wikipedia, emissivity depends on wavelength.

I feel like this is a good place to mention that, when I was in school, my school did not allow their students to use Wikipedia as a source of anything.
28-01-2020 23:01
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:

Whenever the government prints another dollar, the number of dollars increases by one. If that dollar is spent, even if to pay off debt, that dollar still exists and is in the possession of the person or entity that was paid.

How is this not obvious?

What, you haven't heard of the Magick Dollar? The dollar that exists, yet doesn't exist? Wikipedia has a very good article on this... It has citations and everything, so it MUST be true.

Edited on 28-01-2020 23:03
28-01-2020 23:01
(21559)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

I feel like this is a good place to mention that, when I was in school, my school did not allow their students to use Wikipedia as a source of anything.

Good for them!

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2020 00:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
The debt that got paid off had an equivalency to dollars and those dollars don't exist after the debt is paid.
29-01-2020 00:53
(21559)
keepit wrote:
The debt that got paid off had an equivalency to dollars and those dollars don't exist after the debt is paid.

Yes they do.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2020 01:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
You misinterpret so much. It's just no worth it.
29-01-2020 01:34
(21559)
keepit wrote:

What is being misinterpreted?

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2020 01:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
The debt that got paid off had an equivalency to dollars and those dollars don't exist after the debt is paid off.

$1000 of 10 year treasury notes - the US govt has a $1000 liability here that has to be redeemed with dollar bills.
If the "US prints" $1000 of new dollar bills and redeems the $1000 note, the US Govt is no longer liable for the $1000 treasury note but there is now $1000 of fresh dollar bills out there. It's an equivalency although the phrase ,"the govt is printing money sets some people off on a negative reaction (without thinking or understanding).
If one grows up in a household where there are financial professionals this concept would seem to me to be automatic.
29-01-2020 03:15
(21559)
keepit wrote:
The debt that got paid off had an equivalency to dollars and those dollars don't exist after the debt is paid off.

Yes they do.
keepit wrote:
$1000 of 10 year treasury notes - the US govt has a $1000 liability here that has to be redeemed with dollar bills.

Fine.
keepit wrote:
If the "US prints" $1000 of new dollar bills and redeems the $1000 note, the US Govt is no longer liable for the $1000 treasury note but there is now $1000 of fresh dollar bills out there.

Fine.
keepit wrote:
It's an equivalency although the phrase ,"the govt is printing money sets some people off on a negative reaction (without thinking or understanding)

It's a negative. The government just paid somebody in worthless money for their note. No wealth was created. No principle of wealth was paid. The poor sap committed his wealth to buy the note, the he receives none of it back and the government figures the note is 'paid'. It's only paid in empty paper. All the poor sap can do is try to unload that empty paper on someone else as he spends it, thus spreading the empty dollars around. That's called inflation, dude.
keepit wrote:
If one grows up in a household where there are financial professionals this concept would seem to me to be automatic.

Both my father and brother are CPA's.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 29-01-2020 03:16
29-01-2020 03:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Let's start with debt (treasury note) that was paid off. That liability no longer exists. Right.
29-01-2020 03:28
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Let's start with debt (treasury note) that was paid off. That liability no longer exists. Right.

Yes it does. It has just changed form. A dollar bill is also a liability to the Federal Reserve, effectively part of the government.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2020 03:41
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
You just turned the conversation into a waste of time.
29-01-2020 03:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
If the government spent less... They could pay off the debt, in a few decades. We shouldn't be a charity, there are a lot of social programs, grants and subsidies, the could be seriously cut or eliminated. The government isn't a bank, and should be making loans, guarantying loans, or bailing anyone out for making poor choices. There are already commercial banks to handle all that business, and the government is stupid for picking up the business, that commercial banks consider a bad risk. Education, is a parent's responsibility, and should be dealt with locally, by the community, to reflect their wants, needs, and means.

People would spend less, if the government cut their entitlement checks...
29-01-2020 04:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Harvey,
If the govt spent less the economy would tank.
If the govt taxed more the economy would tank.
Bring out the printing presses.
Dollars are NOT worthless. They are the best currency in the world.
The question is - how much printing can be done without devaluing the currency.
Those guys at the Fed and Treasury are no dummies. I'm sure they have a plan. We're the dummies.
29-01-2020 04:06
(14373)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Well, it looks like keepit's inability to get it right is entirely your fault.

29-01-2020 04:26
(14373)
keepit wrote: Harvey,

Would anyone care to take a wild guess at keepit's political affiliation?

Yes, of course. We all know that bankruptcies are caused by people adhering to a budget.

It is common knowledge that the primary secret to wealth-building is to spend your way to prosperity. The more you spend, the wealthier you are. You can feel it instantly.

keepit wrote:If the govt taxed more the economy would tank. Bring out the printing presses.

That is what causes economies to tank.

Zimbabwe anyone? Yes, the dollar starts to become worthless.

Venezuela anyone? ... where they need backpacks to carry enough cash to pay for a soda and a bag of chips.

29-01-2020 04:55
(21559)
keepit wrote:

No, that would be you. You obviously have no further arguments to present.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2020 05:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Do you know the old slapstick comedy game called, "Who's on first?"
You're playing ti well.
29-01-2020 05:03
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Nope. The government is not the economy. People will still build, they will still produce, they will still innovate. No government needed.
keepit wrote:
If the govt taxed more the economy would tank.
Yes. That is theft of wealth.
keepit wrote:
Bring out the printing presses.
Also theft of wealth.
keepit wrote:
Dollars are NOT worthless.
They are inherently worthless. I don't think you understand what money really is.
keepit wrote:
They are the best currency in the world.
Currency is not wealth.
keepit wrote:
The question is - how much printing can be done without devaluing the currency.
How much wealth is being created?
keepit wrote:
Those guys at the Fed and Treasury are no dummies.
Yes they are. They have consistently proven it over the years.
keepit wrote:
I'm sure they have a plan.
Yes. They plan to close the barn door after the horse is gone.
keepit wrote:
We're the dummies.

WRONG. People are smarter than the government (and you) give them credit for.

It was people that created the wealth of this nation, not the government. They did it themselves, not because of the government but often despite it. They did it in areas where there was NO government.

I think you need to seriously do some naval gazing on what money really is.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2020 05:04
(21559)
keepit wrote:
You're playing ti well.

?? I'm not even talking about baseball.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2020 05:09
(14373)
keepit wrote:
You're playing ti well.

It's not slapstick. It's just comedy.

... but it finally happened.

29-01-2020 16:27
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Because he's not going along with your incorrect assertions about money?
29-01-2020 16:33
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Well, it looks like keepit's inability to get it right is entirely your fault.

BAD ITN!!!!!! BAD!!!!!
29-01-2020 19:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
My assertions are correct. It's just semantics. The question is - does govt debt equate to dollars. The thing about printing dollars to pay off govt debt is that when you print dollars instead of more treasuries you don't have to pay interest.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate e:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact