Remember me
▼ Content

don't laugh

don't laugh20-10-2021 01:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I shouldn't laugh but Fox news was talking about china having hypersonic missiles and one of the commentators said, "Who cares, we have way more windmills than they do."
20-10-2021 01:31
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
I shouldn't laugh but Fox news was talking about china having hypersonic missiles and one of the commentators said, "Who cares, we have way more windmills than they do."

Kind of a shame we can't paste emojis in here, that's roflmao funny. Then again maybe they're trying to shock people into believing that China has already developed one. That would be a huge bonus for defense contractors.
20-10-2021 01:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)

keepit wrote:I shouldn't laugh but Fox news was talking about china having hypersonic missiles and one of the commentators said, "Who cares, we have way more windmills than they do."

I shouldn't laugh but keepit never makes a peep about any of the stupid crap uttered by any reporter or anchor from any other network, but the moment someone on Fox News says something he doesn't understand, he immediately comments "I shouldn't laugh ..."

Someday that keepit function will make me insanely rich.

Attached image:

20-10-2021 03:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ibd,
Try to stay with reality.
20-10-2021 03:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
keepit wrote:ibd, Try to stay with reality.

keepit, try to let some blood flow to your head once in a while.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-10-2021 03:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
You're funny ibd. Seriously though, reality isn't that easy to define. In a sense there is no objectively empirical evidence. After all, what we experience is modified on the way to the brain so all we know empirically is not quite accurate, Nevertheless, it's good enough for govt work.
20-10-2021 05:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
You're funny ibd. Seriously though, reality isn't that easy to define. In a sense there is no objectively empirical evidence. After all, what we experience is modified on the way to the brain so all we know empirically is not quite accurate, Nevertheless, it's good enough for govt work.

So let me get this straight, okay? When ITN says we "is", we might be "isn't" but only believe we are? And yet ITN's is an anagram of isn't.

p.s., I thinking I'm gonna hurl
20-10-2021 05:53
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
keepit wrote:

Reality is completely subjective. Every perceives the world a little differently. A lot of our perception is influenced by what we got taught/learned. Pretty obvious who went to a 'liberal' public school...
20-10-2021 16:17
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

I shouldn't laugh but keepit has a very poor grasp on the English language.

** Fox News is a proper noun; both words are capitalized.
** China is a proper noun; it is capitalized.
20-10-2021 18:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Harvey,
When i went to public school there was no such thing as liberal. Among us kids there was no such thing as racism either.
I don't see myself as a liberal. If i were to register to vote it would be as an independent. I have many conservative views.
Edited on 20-10-2021 18:31
20-10-2021 19:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
When i went to public school there was no such thing as liberal. Among us kids there was no such thing as racism either.
I don't see myself as a liberal. If i were to register to vote it would be as an independent. I have many conservative views.

Lying doesn't change what you are, keepit.

You argue for fascism.
You deny science and mathematics to support your religion in the Church of Global Warming.
You support The Oligarchy.
You don't give a damn about the Constitution of the United States.
You don't understand the English language.

You're a liberal.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 20-10-2021 19:34
20-10-2021 20:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
itn,
What a load of crap.
20-10-2021 21:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:
itn,
What a load of crap.

I agree. Being a liberal is a load of crap.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-10-2021 22:04
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:

Good grief keepit. Please do check in just one night at Hotel Reality.

The statement wasn't meant to be comedy. It was a powerful statement putting our priorities in perspective.

The Democrat party has decided that climate change, whateverthe****thatis, is a far more serious threat than China being able to utterly destroy us before we have time to launch any kind of defense.

Wind mills, not missles. Even the stupid can see the stupidity. No?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
20-10-2021 23:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
If this is it on its launch vehicle, highly doubtful. It would take a lot of fuel to get it into a low Earth orbit. I'm not sure why but the word "hoax" comes to mind. And according to this link https://www.npr.org/2021/10/20/1047384050/behind-murky-claim-of-a-new-hypersonic-missile-test-there-lies-a-very-real-arms-
it was a story in financial times that everyone is talking about.
And to read their story, you need to become a subscriber. That sounds pretty legitimate to me.

Am now seriously laughing my a$$ off while rolling on the floor.
Attached image:

21-10-2021 00:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
If this is it on its launch vehicle, highly doubtful. It would take a lot of fuel to get it into a low Earth orbit.

Am now seriously laughing my a$$ off while rolling on the floor.

Apparently you also fail to see the stupidity.

I'll try one more time. If I fail I'm going to need to borrow keepit's head clamp for myself.

Joe Biden and company have shown us that they care exactly zero about national security. They will let anyone at anytime enter the US and give them a free ride on a "very early morning flight " to anywhere they they wish. Meanwhile, they label pissed off parents at schools board meetings "domestic terrorists" and call in the FB Fing I. Anything out of whack here?

What is EXTREMELY important to Joe Biden and company is windmills. Stupid? Yes, I think so too. (Sorry, I took over your critical thinking for you. No worries, I'll only be in your head short term while I grill up some climate.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

21-10-2021 01:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
That picture sure is slow loading. It seems what security you're concerned about is feeding your belly. And migrants help to make that happen. I guess you're like Harvey. All he knows is Florida while all you know is Iowa.
And when you believe that China has a hypersonic missile when their commercial airplanes are still at least a decade behind the US and Europe, when you read the stories about China's hypersonic missile, please notice it's all speculation.

p.s., one thing I've heard a lot is the need to talk and think the right way or how someone else needs to approve of me. America's problem is internal. At the same time I don't think a 2 party system can work. The partisan politics shows there's no need for diplomacy or bipartisanship. It's about who's in control.
Basically a 2 party system can not effectively represent the views of over 300 million people. And the US tends to reflect its politics because that is after all America's leadership, right?
Edited on 21-10-2021 01:38
21-10-2021 01:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
That picture sure is slow loading. It seems what security you're concerned about is feeding your belly. And migrants help to make that happen. I guess you're like Harvey. All he knows is Florida while all you know is Iowa.
And when you believe that China has a hypersonic missile when their commercial airplanes are still at least a decade behind the US and Europe, when you read the stories about China's hypersonic missile, please notice it's all speculation.

p.s., one thing I've heard a lot is the need to talk and think the right way or how someone else needs to approve of me. America's problem is internal. At the same time I don't think a 2 party system can work. The partisan politics shows there's no need for diplomacy or bipartisanship. It's about who's in control.
Basically a 2 party system can not effectively represent the views of over 300 million people. And the US tends to reflect its politics because that is after all America's leadership, right?

Straight forward simple question. What is higher on Joe's priority list?

1. Natioal security
2. Windmills

21-10-2021 02:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

1. Natioal security
2. Windmills

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden. Yet I have to choose sides or I'll be attacked by both sides. Kind of why my hobbies will probably take me out of the US.
And you just showed why a 2 party political system isn't working. I served in the Navy and am the problem in the US. Since you associate national security with migrant workers, do you support those employers paying more so Americans will go to work at those jobs?
Or is the reason the pay is low is because it's about profits and keeping food cheap? Or are Americans not willing to work those jobs? Understanding issues is what makes the US more secure as a country.
As far as windmills goes, windmills are helping to increase the national security of China.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/south-dakota-rocked-again-as-a-wind-turbine-plant-shuts-its-doors
21-10-2021 02:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

1. Natioal security
2. Windmills

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden. Yet I have to choose sides or I'll be attacked by both sides. Kind of why my hobbies will probably take me out of the US.
And you just showed why a 2 party political system isn't working. I served in the Navy and am the problem in the US. Since you associate national security with migrant workers, do you support those employers paying more so Americans will go to work at those jobs?
Or is the reason the pay is low is because it's about profits and keeping food cheap? Or are Americans not willing to work those jobs? Understanding issues is what makes the US more secure as a country.
As far as windmills goes, windmills are helping to increase the national security of China.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/south-dakota-rocked-again-as-a-wind-turbine-plant-shuts-its-doors

For someone with a shit ton of physical disabilities, you're pretty good at dodgeball.
You should consider going pro.

Migrant workers???

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA!!!!

21-10-2021 03:09
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
James___ wrote:

Why would China need to upgrade commercial planes? They fly, and hardly ever crash. Just because it isn't broken, doesn't mean it needs to be fixed anyway. But, that the way liberals think. Even though there isn't a problem, we need to spend billions to fix it anyway...

Really surprised it took this long for anyone to admit they had hyper-sonic missiles. Pretty sure they've been around for a while. Probably around the same time supersonic manned flights became no-big-deal. Most governments try to keep their best weapons secret, until they actually plan to use them... Almost as scary as covid vaccine. Missiles have been a tech race since WWII. Accuracy, payload, speed of delivery. There is also the need to work on missile defense, which means faster, accurate, and maneuverable. What good is a $2.4 million dollar missile, if gets intercepted and destroyed?
21-10-2021 04:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
You guys shouldn't try defending fox news. It seems as you guys say is that China has a weapon that can take the US down. And it's that we're buying Made in China windmills and we uns gots a lot of'em. Does that sum things up? Of course manufacturing is what made America great back in the 50's, 60's, etc.
That was the way taxes were raised to pay for the space program which consumed 6% of the US GDP and allowed for a trade surplus. About 1975 is when the US started having trade deficits. From about 1875 to 1975 was a pretty good run.
https://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/economic-synopses/2019/05/17/historical-u-s-trade-deficits

p.s., trade deficits decrease tax revenue from manufacturing jobs while increasing unemployment or low paying service industry jobs. Just basic economics.
21-10-2021 04:06
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
You guys shouldn't try defending fox news. It seems as you guys say is that China has a weapon that can take the US down. And it's that we're buying Made in China windmills and we uns gots a lot of'em. Does that sum things up? Of course manufacturing is what made America great back in the 50's, 60's, etc.
That was the way taxes were raised to pay for the space program which consumed 6% of the US GDP and allowed for a trade surplus. About 1975 is when the US started having trade deficits. From about 1875 to 1975 was a pretty good run.
https://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/economic-synopses/2019/05/17/historical-u-s-trade-deficits

p.s., trade deficits decrease tax revenue from manufacturing jobs while increasing unemployment or low paying service industry jobs. Just basic economics.

Squirrel!!!

21-10-2021 05:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

Squirrel!!!

Here's why I'll probably need to move to another country GasGuzzler.
Matthew 6:19; Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

When I do things so I can have a life, they are reminded that they really don't do much. Of course, there is as Yogi Berra said about a restaurant;
"Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore because it's too crowded."

And with the US having over 300 million people, how to be somebody?
Kind of why I often mention quality of life. 300 million people can create a lot of competition. But when Americans have one of the highest standards of living in the world, why not enjoy it and consider what it'll take to keep it? And now we're back to water and cattle.

Join the debate don't laugh:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Just For A Laugh (The Dogma Quiz)630-09-2016 14:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact