Remember me
▼ Content

Do you think I am China coal lobbiest?


Do you think I am China coal lobbiest?24-04-2019 03:06
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1041)
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.
24-04-2019 03:39
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(823)
Coal and oil aren't going anywhere, no viable replacement yet, just costly alternatives. People are too dependent on energy, so the thieves just want to drive up prices. Figure they can squeeze the consumers a little harder to fatten up their wallets. Poor people are easier to control, less likely to put up a serious fight.
24-04-2019 21:02
spot
★★★★☆
(1019)
If anyone is paying you they are getting very poor value for money.
24-04-2019 23:31
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
spot wrote:
If anyone is paying you they are getting very poor value for money.


On the contrary - without Tai starting strings every day this site would have been dead long long ago. So I suspect he is one of the owners of the site.
25-04-2019 00:56
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8186)
Wake wrote:
spot wrote:
If anyone is paying you they are getting very poor value for money.


On the contrary - without Tai starting strings every day this site would have been dead long long ago. So I suspect he is one of the owners of the site.


Few conversations start with Tai's posts.He is not the owner of this site either.


The Parrot Killer
26-04-2019 04:01
James___
★★★★☆
(1381)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.
26-04-2019 04:29
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1041)
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.


I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.
26-04-2019 04:56
James___
★★★★☆
(1381)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability. In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.
26-04-2019 04:59
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1041)
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability. In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


Of course, free market does not exist completely. Nothing is perfect. However, the further economy deviates from free market, the worse it is.
26-04-2019 18:36
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability. In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


Of course, free market does not exist completely. Nothing is perfect. However, the further economy deviates from free market, the worse it is.


James is a very young and inexperienced young man. He has never experienced just how horrible central planning is and he has been propagandized against a Free Market Economy by Marxist teachers. Luckily when he started working and making money he will not want some secret faces taking most of his money away.
26-04-2019 19:49
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8186)
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability.

There is no such thing as long term economic stability. That's a communist pipe dream.
James___ wrote:
In the US because it's a 2 party system,
The United States has many political parties. Perhaps you haven't notice.
James___ wrote:
things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
In the end, you can't control the economy, not even in communism.
James___ wrote:
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this.
No, the 2008 recession was a result of banks being stupid.
James___ wrote:
Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil.
Bill Clinton didn't do anything. Trading on crude oil futures has always been around. It still is.
James___ wrote:
Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Bush didn't do anything. Many banks got stupid and greedy. A few wised up in time. They survived and quite well.
James___ wrote:
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
WRONG. Oil prices had nothing to do with the 2008 recession. Banks got stupid and greedy and started making loans to people that had no means to repay them.
James___ wrote:
That's Free Market enterprise.
Yes it is. Banks being stupid is part of the free market system. They paid for their stupidity too.
James___ wrote:
No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life.
Did you know there is a viable economy right now? There was one even during the 2008 recession and the extended downturn caused by Obama's policies.
James___ wrote:
Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work.
Who cares? Our economy is considerably larger than Germany's. There is more to do here.
James___ wrote:
Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.

Speak for yourself. You don't get to decide how long people want to work.

The free market is immortal. You can't kill it. Not even if you drive it underground, it's always there.


The Parrot Killer
26-04-2019 19:50
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8186)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability. In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


Of course, free market does not exist completely. Nothing is perfect. However, the further economy deviates from free market, the worse it is.


The free market exists completely. You can't kill it. It's immortal. It will always be there no matter what any government can do. You can even drive it underground with stupid laws. It's still there. It still exists completely. See your local drug dealer for details on how this works.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 26-04-2019 19:51
27-04-2019 00:17
James___
★★★★☆
(1381)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Of course, free market does not exist completely. Nothing is perfect. However, the further economy deviates from free market, the worse it is.


The free market exists completely. You can't kill it. It's immortal. It will always be there no matter what any government can do. You can even drive it underground with stupid laws. It's still there. It still exists completely. See your local drug dealer for details on how this works.



And I was just saying......yep, ITN understands the local drug trade.
27-04-2019 01:30
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8186)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Of course, free market does not exist completely. Nothing is perfect. However, the further economy deviates from free market, the worse it is.


The free market exists completely. You can't kill it. It's immortal. It will always be there no matter what any government can do. You can even drive it underground with stupid laws. It's still there. It still exists completely. See your local drug dealer for details on how this works.



And I was just saying......yep, ITN understands the local drug trade.

Enough to understand it's a free market, even if it is underground.


The Parrot Killer
27-04-2019 06:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1231)
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability.In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


A few things here James....G W Bush did not decide for one single American how much was a wise amount to borrow on a home. Each person that signed a mortgage, wisely or stupidly made their own decision. When I was shopping for a home loan in 2005, It was difficult to find someone who would get me a straight up loan. I got so sick of hearing the word ARM. "no no. you don't want a 15 year fixed, you need an ARM with a great low introductory rate". Uh, bye bye. What crashed the market was over valued ARMs that adjusted higher and people that simply borrowed more than they could handle once the rates went up. Proud to say I'll make my final payment on this acreage in 5 days.


....and those Germans can sit and drink their beer and laugh at my work ethic all they want. I can tell you this James....I have never felt more alive than when I was going like hell working 80 hours a week and making a shitload of money, self employed without so much as a GED. I laugh at lazy people who make excuses why they can't work. I AM enjoying a great quality of life BECAUSE the free markets have created such a viable, long term, stable economy. Go look at history James. Free market economies only become unstable when governments try to screw with them.
27-04-2019 16:03
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8186)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability.In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


A few things here James....G W Bush did not decide for one single American how much was a wise amount to borrow on a home. Each person that signed a mortgage, wisely or stupidly made their own decision. When I was shopping for a home loan in 2005, It was difficult to find someone who would get me a straight up loan. I got so sick of hearing the word ARM. "no no. you don't want a 15 year fixed, you need an ARM with a great low introductory rate". Uh, bye bye. What crashed the market was over valued ARMs that adjusted higher and people that simply borrowed more than they could handle once the rates went up.

Exactly right. It was the overvalued ARM mortgages that did real damage. The banks thought they'd found a great way to make money. Many of them wound up going bust.
GasGuzzler wrote:
Proud to say I'll make my final payment on this acreage in 5 days.

Congraulations! You've done it right, sir!
GasGuzzler wrote:
....and those Germans can sit and drink their beer and laugh at my work ethic all they want.

Agreed. I really don't give a rat's ass what the Germans think of Americans.
GasGuzzler wrote:
I can tell you this James....I have never felt more alive than when I was going like hell working 80 hours a week and making a shitload of money, self employed without so much as a GED. I laugh at lazy people who make excuses why they can't work.

You are a great example of what can be accomplished with nothing more than initiative and drive. Education is not a requirement. Being born into a rich family is not a requirement. All you have to do is go out and find a way to provide people with something they want. They will happily pay you for it!
GasGuzzler wrote:
I AM enjoying a great quality of life BECAUSE the free markets have created such a viable, long term, stable economy. Go look at history James. Free market economies only become unstable when governments try to screw with them.

Exactly right. All that happens when governments try to screw with them is to drive them underground. They don't disappear, they are just harder to access since it's not criminal activity in the eyes of such governments. Fascism and communism cause real misery.

Before there was a government, there was capitalism. It was capitalism that created the wealth that created civilization out of the wilderness. The pioneers knew that. They did it. They didn't need diplomas to do it either. Only capitalism creates wealth. Communism and fascism can only exist by stealing wealth. This is how governments screw with economies.

It is why the road to fascism and communism is blocked by the Constitution. The only way the federal government can screw with the economy is to violate that Constitution.

NOTHING in the Constitution has authorized the creation of the Fed, the EPA, the CPSC, BATF, most of what the Dept of Agriculture does, portions of the FAA, portions of the FCC, and a whole host of other departments and government organizations in the federal government. They are unconstitutional oligarchies. They are fascism that exist in the United States. It is they that screw with the economy.


The Parrot Killer
27-04-2019 18:15
James___
★★★★☆
(1381)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability.In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


A few things here James....G W Bush did not decide for one single American how much was a wise amount to borrow on a home. Each person that signed a mortgage, wisely or stupidly made their own decision. When I was shopping for a home loan in 2005, It was difficult to find someone who would get me a straight up loan. I got so sick of hearing the word ARM. "no no. you don't want a 15 year fixed, you need an ARM with a great low introductory rate". Uh, bye bye. What crashed the market was over valued ARMs that adjusted higher and people that simply borrowed more than they could handle once the rates went up. Proud to say I'll make my final payment on this acreage in 5 days.


....and those Germans can sit and drink their beer and laugh at my work ethic all they want. I can tell you this James....I have never felt more alive than when I was going like hell working 80 hours a week and making a shitload of money, self employed without so much as a GED. I laugh at lazy people who make excuses why they can't work. I AM enjoying a great quality of life BECAUSE the free markets have created such a viable, long term, stable economy. Go look at history James. Free market economies only become unstable when governments try to screw with them.



I think you lost credibility with me when you posted that you were in the top 5% of wage earners in Iowa and that you do more business when homes are being foreclosed.
Yep, you probably felt good having work while people were losing their homes.
27-04-2019 22:02
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1231)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
[quote]Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability.In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


A few things here James....G W Bush did not decide for one single American how much was a wise amount to borrow on a home. Each person that signed a mortgage, wisely or stupidly made their own decision. When I was shopping for a home loan in 2005, It was difficult to find someone who would get me a straight up loan. I got so sick of hearing the word ARM. "no no. you don't want a 15 year fixed, you need an ARM with a great low introductory rate". Uh, bye bye. What crashed the market was over valued ARMs that adjusted higher and people that simply borrowed more than they could handle once the rates went up. Proud to say I'll make my final payment on this acreage in 5 days.


....and those Germans can sit and drink their beer and laugh at my work ethic all they want. I can tell you this James....I have never felt more alive than when I was going like hell working 80 hours a week and making a shitload of money, self employed without so much as a GED. I laugh at lazy people who make excuses why they can't work. I AM enjoying a great quality of life BECAUSE the free markets have created such a viable, long term, stable economy. Go look at history James. Free market economies only become unstable when governments try to screw with them.



I think you lost credibility with me when you posted that you were in the top 5% of wage earners in Iowa

I suppose you will subpoena my tax returns?




and that you do more business when homes are being foreclosed.

That is correct. Banks pay quite nicely to have their abandoned homes repaired and regularly serviced. It helps with neighborhood blight, avoids municipal fines, and it helps minimize their losses.
Yep, you probably felt good having work while people were losing their homes.

Never felt good about someone losing their place to live. However, NO ONE has EVER lost THEIR home in a foreclosure. They didn't own it. The bank just let them live there as long as they made the payment. When the payment wasn't made, the bank takes control of what they already own.

Yes, I did feel good about having work in a severe recession. It was then that I realized I could make it no matter what the circumstances.

Yes, I flunked out of high screwal. I've said it many times, and not because I'm proud of it. I am not proud of it. I just want everyone to know that there is NO excuse for the vast majority of us to not produce SOMETHING of value in exchange for money. It is the free market and it works.

You however, in typical liberal fashion, would like me to feel guilty about earning when others are "unable" to do so. I will NEVER have one shred of guilt about ANYTHING I have earned.
27-04-2019 23:48
James___
★★★★☆
(1381)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
James___ wrote:
[quote]Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I am in favor of fossil fuel. Coal made British empire the biggest ever, the empire where the Sun never sets. In order for China to dominate the world, coal is key. Coal has high energy content.



I thought you were a Republican. I'll let you know why. If you say Republicans instead of China, then it describes the Republican Party. Maybe you're only claiming to be from China so we won't look at what the Republican Party is doing?
I always knew that you Republicans were clever. Probably why you'll win in 2020.



I ain't American. As for Democrats, they will lose because they advocate central planning economy. We Chinese kicked out central planning folks in the 1970s and never looked back. Adam Smith once said. Free market is best economy. And he's right.



The only problem with a Free Market system is that it doesn't allow for long term economic stability.In the US because it's a 2 party system, things go from too little to too much control or simply no time for considering consequences.
The Great Recession of 2008 is an example of this. Bill Clinton allowed for futures trading on crude oil. Then G. W. Bush after him decided that Americans could handle more debt and the amount people could borrow for a home mortgage increased without an increase in income.
Then when people wanted to profit from higher crude oil prices, that decreased the amount of disposable which meant mortgages went unpaid.
That's Free Market enterprise. No concern about creating a viable economy where people can enjoy a good quality of life. Even Germans have been known to laugh at how many hours Americans work. Some in the US routinely work 60 - 70 hours a week. That's not living.


A few things here James....G W Bush did not decide for one single American how much was a wise amount to borrow on a home. Each person that signed a mortgage, wisely or stupidly made their own decision. When I was shopping for a home loan in 2005, It was difficult to find someone who would get me a straight up loan. I got so sick of hearing the word ARM. "no no. you don't want a 15 year fixed, you need an ARM with a great low introductory rate". Uh, bye bye. What crashed the market was over valued ARMs that adjusted higher and people that simply borrowed more than they could handle once the rates went up. Proud to say I'll make my final payment on this acreage in 5 days.


....and those Germans can sit and drink their beer and laugh at my work ethic all they want. I can tell you this James....I have never felt more alive than when I was going like hell working 80 hours a week and making a shitload of money, self employed without so much as a GED. I laugh at lazy people who make excuses why they can't work. I AM enjoying a great quality of life BECAUSE the free markets have created such a viable, long term, stable economy. Go look at history James. Free market economies only become unstable when governments try to screw with them.



I think you lost credibility with me when you posted that you were in the top 5% of wage earners in Iowa

I suppose you will subpoena my tax returns?




and that you do more business when homes are being foreclosed.

That is correct. Banks pay quite nicely to have their abandoned homes repaired and regularly serviced. It helps with neighborhood blight, avoids municipal fines, and it helps minimize their losses.
Yep, you probably felt good having work while people were losing their homes.

Never felt good about someone losing their place to live. However, NO ONE has EVER lost THEIR home in a foreclosure. They didn't own it. The bank just let them live there as long as they made the payment. When the payment wasn't made, the bank takes control of what they already own.

Yes, I did feel good about having work in a severe recession. It was then that I realized I could make it no matter what the circumstances.

Yes, I flunked out of high screwal. I've said it many times, and not because I'm proud of it. I am not proud of it. I just want everyone to know that there is NO excuse for the vast majority of us to not produce SOMETHING of value in exchange for money. It is the free market and it works.

You however, in typical liberal fashion, would like me to feel guilty about earning when others are "unable" to do so. I will NEVER have one shred of guilt about ANYTHING I have earned.



You said you are in the top 5% in Iowa. Just quoting you.
It's sad that you don't even know what's going on in your own country.

This is what's helping China to build it's Navy and it's islands in the South China Sea. Then again if there aren't jobs in the US at least there are in China.
People need to buy Made in America but Chinese goods are cheap. At the same time this isn't my problem. It's odd that a country that prides itself on being the leader of the Free World and Free Market enterprise supports communism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/03/06/us-china-trade-deficit-record-1242498

If you don't get it Gasguzzler, this is one of the reasons why the US keeps running $Trillion deficits. The trade deficit isn't measured in man hours of work and lost tax revenues.
But as you said, as long as you get yours. Typical American attitude.
What's wrong with pursuing sustainable economic policy?
Edited on 28-04-2019 00:21
28-04-2019 01:29
James___
★★★★☆
(1381)
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/How-Oil-Drives-The-South-China-Sea-Conflict.html
28-04-2019 16:34
James___
★★★★☆
(1381)
James___ wrote:
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/How-Oil-Drives-The-South-China-Sea-Conflict.html



While the trade deficit with China now equals 3% of the US GDP, the lunar landing in 1969 cost 6% of the GDP. The space programme advanced America's technological capacity. It's spending stayed mostly in the U.S.
With U.S. healthcare, it's expense is now about 18% of GDP with administrative costs being a significant contributor. This extra cost means that it costs more money to export American made goods. This in turn hurts American manufacturing which is what allowed the US to pay down it's national debt after WW II.
If history must repeat itself then increased manufacturing in the US would allow for more sustainable economic policies without changing much else. Doesn't it suck to read online that an increase in manufacturing in America could help to solve a lot of the economic problems that it's facing? And manufacturing in the US is what made it great in the first place.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-spending-idUSKCN1GP2YN




Join the debate Do you think I am China coal lobbiest?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I am in China. China is not corrupt like western countries.2002-06-2019 03:31
I am currently in China and no one cares about CO2 so why should028-05-2019 15:06
Is climate China's key to global domination?2904-05-2019 02:07
China is building its 4th aircraft carrier for world domination. So why Americans spend101-05-2019 20:43
So what if Democrats spend 500 trillion USD to reduce CO2 while China builds 100 warships030-04-2019 15:37
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact