▼ Content

Do CO2 Emissions Create More Clouds?

Page 4 of 4<<<234
19-01-2020 08:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14390)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
I don't recall you explaining the process of how "high frequencies are filtered out more than lower frequencies"

Smaller wavelength simply scatter easier than longer ones.

Exactly. It's the same principle behind submarines being limited to very low frequency (VLF) communications.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-01-2020 20:18
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Hello ITN and IBDM twins,

I have never seen the natural Atmosphere make the Sun appear yellow or orange or pink or red. It is white (or it is blocked by clouds and unseen). Only thing I have seen make the Sun appear slightly pink is a smoke screen from terrible fires. And only thing I have seen make the Sun appear orange is eclipse glasses. The Sky appears those colors often, but not the Sun.

You should really get outside and open your eyes once in a while. Judging by the frequency and responsiveness of your posting in here, it seems you never look away from your computer or phone screen.

I call bull what you are saying about frequencies. Different subject than the color of the Sky and Sun. If the Sun is shining on your green grass lawn, is that green light scattering??? Maybe I should stare at a lawn at high noon to see if the grass turns purple due to it being hit with higher frequencies...

Dude do a Google search "liquid oxygen images." What color do you see?

I don't know about you, but I can't see radio waves the same as I can see visible light.
19-01-2020 20:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14390)
Spongy Iris wrote: I have never seen the natural Atmosphere make the Sun appear yellow or orange or pink or red.

Hmmm, I wonder if your perception is reality ... or if it is more likely that your lack of perception is just your problem.

Hmmmm, I'll have to think about this one for a bit.

Spongy Iris wrote: Only thing I have seen make the Sun appear slightly pink is a smoke screen from terrible fires.

Do you accept the observations of others or do you reaccomplish all science experiments ever performed?

Spongy Iris wrote: And only thing I have seen make the Sun appear orange is eclipse glasses.

I don't know what to tell you. I have seen the sun appear many different colors while riding the horizon.

Spongy Iris wrote:The Sky appears those colors often, but not the Sun.

I have never seen an orange sky but I'll take your word for it that you have.

Spongy Iris wrote: You should really get outside and open your eyes once in a while.

What a funny coincidence. I was just about to tell you the same thing.

Spongy Iris wrote: Judging by the frequency and responsiveness of your posting in here, it seems you never look away from your computer or phone screen.

Are you implying that there are other things?

Spongy Iris wrote: I call bull what you are saying about frequencies.

... that they are the inverse of wavelengths? Are you crazy?

Spongy Iris wrote: If the Sun is shining on your green grass lawn, is that green light scattering???

Is that another way of saying computer or phone screen?

Spongy Iris wrote: Dude do a Google search "liquid oxygen images." What color do you see?

Clear.

This is an excellent video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ab3hyDKsj0

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-01-2020 21:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Spongy Iris wrote:

We are not twins. We are not even related. We don't even live in the same State.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I have never seen the natural Atmosphere make the Sun appear yellow or orange

Then you haven't looked.
Spongy Iris wrote:
or pink or red.

That can happen with smoke and particulates in the air.
Spongy Iris wrote:
It is white (or it is blocked by clouds and unseen).

In the atmosphere, the sun appears yellow-white at noon. In space, the Sun appears white.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Only thing I have seen make the Sun appear slightly pink is a smoke screen from terrible fires.

Yes. Smoke particulates can do this.
Spongy Iris wrote:
And only thing I have seen make the Sun appear orange is eclipse glasses.

Take off your glasses.
Spongy Iris wrote:
The Sky appears those colors often, but not the Sun.

The Sun appears yellow-white on the surface of Earth. It is because blue light is scattering, producing the 'blue sky' effect.
Spongy Iris wrote:
You should really get outside and open your eyes once in a while.

I fly, dumbass. I even manage to get above the clouds and see the Sun more often than my fellows around here. I live in Seattle.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Judging by the frequency and responsiveness of your posting in here, it seems you never look away from your computer or phone screen.

You misjudge.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I call bull what you are saying about frequencies.

Argument of the stone.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Different subject than the color of the Sky and Sun. If the Sun is shining on your green grass lawn, is that green light scattering???

Nope. Green light is being reflected from the lawn.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Maybe I should stare at a lawn at high noon to see if the grass turns purple due to it being hit with higher frequencies...

It won't. It might yellow a little. Keep it watered.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Blue. There is no liquid oxygen in the atmosphere. Oxygen is colorless as a gas.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I don't know about you, but I can't see radio waves the same as I can see visible light.

We aren't talking about radio waves.

With appropriate instrumentation, you can see radio waves. There will be no distinct image due to the long wavelength of these waves.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-01-2020 23:09
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

We are not twins. We are not even related. We don't even live in the same State.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I have never seen the natural Atmosphere make the Sun appear yellow or orange

Then you haven't looked.
Spongy Iris wrote:
or pink or red.

That can happen with smoke and particulates in the air.
Spongy Iris wrote:
It is white (or it is blocked by clouds and unseen).

In the atmosphere, the sun appears yellow-white at noon. In space, the Sun appears white.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Only thing I have seen make the Sun appear slightly pink is a smoke screen from terrible fires.

Yes. Smoke particulates can do this.
Spongy Iris wrote:
And only thing I have seen make the Sun appear orange is eclipse glasses.

Take off your glasses.
Spongy Iris wrote:
The Sky appears those colors often, but not the Sun.

The Sun appears yellow-white on the surface of Earth. It is because blue light is scattering, producing the 'blue sky' effect.
Spongy Iris wrote:
You should really get outside and open your eyes once in a while.

I fly, dumbass. I even manage to get above the clouds and see the Sun more often than my fellows around here. I live in Seattle.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Judging by the frequency and responsiveness of your posting in here, it seems you never look away from your computer or phone screen.

You misjudge.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I call bull what you are saying about frequencies.

Argument of the stone.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Different subject than the color of the Sky and Sun. If the Sun is shining on your green grass lawn, is that green light scattering???

Nope. Green light is being reflected from the lawn.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Maybe I should stare at a lawn at high noon to see if the grass turns purple due to it being hit with higher frequencies...

It won't. It might yellow a little. Keep it watered.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Blue. There is no liquid oxygen in the atmosphere. Oxygen is colorless as a gas.
Spongy Iris wrote:

We aren't talking about radio waves.

With appropriate instrumentation, you can see radio waves. There will be no distinct image due to the long wavelength of these waves.

I'd love to stay and debate the twin clowns ITN and IBDM if they were actually sincere about having an honest discussion. Obviously they are not. There is nothing more to gain from their shenanigans.

I will leave them with my blog of sun pics

goingdum.blogspot.com

Lets see if, unlike Isaac Newton, they can look at the Sun without having a mental breakdown, and see that it is white!
Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate Do CO2 Emissions Create More Clouds?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism106-08-2023 20:31
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
economic output emissions intensity vs global emissions / global GDP9220-11-2022 23:16
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact