Remember me
▼ Content

Do air CO2 capture factories make more CO2 emission?

Do air CO2 capture factories make more CO2 emission?14-02-2019 03:30
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
AFAIK, making fertilizer out of captured CO2 to use in greenhouse does not reduce CO2 in air because it goes back into air. However, CO2 capture from air is very energy intensive no doubt generates additional CO2 emission. So how is this a good thing?

https://www.climatecentral.org/news/first-commercial-co2-capture-plant-live-21494
14-02-2019 05:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
AFAIK, making fertilizer out of captured CO2 to use in greenhouse does not reduce CO2 in air because it goes back into air. However, CO2 capture from air is very energy intensive no doubt generates additional CO2 emission. So how is this a good thing?

https://www.climatecentral.org/news/first-commercial-co2-capture-plant-live-21494

Carbon dioxide is not a fertilizer, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-02-2019 03:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
I believe it's just a scam to get government subsidies. They would be producing any marketable product, so could never function independently. There wouldn't really be anyway to measure whether or not they are doing anything, except receiving money from the government, to basically do nothing (ideal business). Really odd that anyone would think a mechanical solution would be any way better, than a natural one, just plant more trees and crops. Defoliation is likely been more the problem than burning petroleum. We've been clearing a lot of land, but do little to replace the vegetation we remove permanently. Storm water is generally devoted to eventual run out to sea, through the natural river systems. It's not really excess rain water, it just takes time and bare ground to seep in to the soil. Seems like a better use of all that fresh rain water, would be to pipe it into areas, with too little, to support much plant growth. Of course, once these less than attractive areas green up, they become more attractive, and will get paved over, houses and businesses built, and back to the same problems...

I really can't understand the drive to keep everything the same, live in the past. Every new day, is a new adventure, we never know what is going to happen, or what sort of world we will wake up to tomorrow. That's part of living, figuring out how to survive the changes, form one day to the next.

Join the debate Do air CO2 capture factories make more CO2 emission?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Chatbots sometimes make things up. Is AI's hallucination problem fixable?503-08-2023 13:20
Make A Donation If You Want To Have A Hint Of How The Current World Conflicts End113-07-2023 20:47
Biden wants to force 'carbon capture'821-06-2023 12:55
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact