Remember me
▼ Content

Demonstration of radical climate change

Demonstration of radical climate change09-09-2020 17:39
Harry CProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(157)
I discovered this website the other day. https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth#20
It's purpose is to demonstrate how the earth has changed over millions of years. You can look up any city on the map and see how the world around it was in past ages. An area I live was under water as recently as 20 million years ago.

Whether the graphic is totally accurate or not, it gave me some perspective on how radical the world has changed and how naive we are about measuring, much less controlling climate.

One other thing I noticed was the percentage of land mass seemed to be less and less the older the planet was. So, either the sum of water has decreased or land mass been created from within the crust of the earth in addition to the movement of tectonic plates.

You learn something new every day if you are lucky!
09-09-2020 20:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Harry C wrote:
I discovered this website the other day. https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth#20
It's purpose is to demonstrate how the earth has changed over millions of years. You can look up any city on the map and see how the world around it was in past ages. An area I live was under water as recently as 20 million years ago.

Whether the graphic is totally accurate or not, it gave me some perspective on how radical the world has changed and how naive we are about measuring, much less controlling climate.

Are you here to finally give us a formal, unambiguous definition of "Climate" or are are we to presume that you have no real point about an empty buzzword?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-09-2020 23:19
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Harry C wrote:

One other thing I noticed was the percentage of land mass seemed to be less and less the older the planet was. So, either the sum of water has decreased or land mass been created from within the crust of the earth in addition to the movement of tectonic plates.

New York city's skyline is split because those skyscrapers were built on schist. In the past, I think there were 2 mountain ranges taller than the Rocky Mountains are today.
Still, we need to understand climate change or to be literal, environmental change.
10-09-2020 16:28
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Why do we need to understand a meaningless buzzword?

You know what Harry and James, I say we need to understand gooblewobbers, as gooblewobbers are the key to solving climate forcings. Too bad slabblewicking is negatively affecting the gooblewobbers due to our increased levels of beef consumption... STOP EATING BEEF!!! SAVE THE GOOBLEWOBBERS!!!
10-09-2020 18:38
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:

You know what Harry and James, I say we need to understand gooblewobbers, as gooblewobbers are the key to solving climate forcings. Too bad slabblewicking is negatively affecting the gooblewobbers due to our increased levels of beef consumption... STOP EATING BEEF!!! SAVE THE GOOBLEWOBBERS!!!

You misspelled "slaebblewicking." You used the Wikipedia spelling.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-09-2020 19:14
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I'm trying to be the best climate steward I can be. Can I find slabblewicking in the manual? Please?

Ooops. Slaebblewicking.
Edited on 10-09-2020 19:15
10-09-2020 20:49
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote: I'm trying to be the best climate steward I can be. Can I find slabblewicking in the manual? Please?
Ooops. Slaebblewicking.

It's not a Climate term and is not in The Manual. It is term involving the automatic synchronization of cardinal gramm-meters. When power is generated by the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive interactance, ambifacient lunar waveshaft fitting will effectively eliminate side-fumbling.

It's all in the video.

It's pretty straightforward. After watching this video, if you have any questions I'm sure Into the Night would be happy to field them.

10-09-2020 21:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Oh shit! This is the gateway to perpetual motion! Nice!
10-09-2020 22:54
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

You misspelled "slaebblewicking." You used the Wikipedia spelling.

Whoops! That's what I get for referencing Wikipedia... I really should know better by now...
10-09-2020 23:00
(3314)
IBD,

You definitely have a solid grasp on slaebblewicking!!!
10-09-2020 23:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:

5717mfg, it saddens me that you feel this way. I thought we were on the verge of a breakthrough. It is interesting that you and IBDM both speak the same made up language. It's well known that young children (under the age of 5) will do this.
It's also known that they outgrow it as they get older. Instead of relying on their bond as siblings, they have a desire to be included in a larger social group.
What you and IBDM are saying;
Cryptophasia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbqioNKCpoA

Aww, c'mon man, can't a guy have a little fun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NwW3GCn7k
Edited on 11-09-2020 00:34
11-09-2020 01:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
If anyone is wondering, how is language developed? The "doctor" in this video misses out on the point that the twins hear dialogue and create their own.
12-09-2020 16:22
(157)
IBdaMann wrote:
Harry C wrote:

Are you here to finally give us a formal, unambiguous definition of "Climate" or are are we to presume that you have no real point about an empty buzzword?

Is there a word other than "climate" that I should use to suit your sensibilities in order to add emphasis to the radical change that the earth has gone through over time to make the point I was trying to make? I will gladly accept the substitution.

I thought it might help others who are lesser informed, such as myself, to realize the vanity of the pro-climate change/global warming alarmist, of which I am not one.

13-09-2020 00:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Harry C wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Harry C wrote:

Is there a word other than "climate" that I should use to suit your sensibilities in order to add emphasis to the radical change that the earth has gone through over time to make the point I was trying to make? I will gladly accept the substitution.

I thought it might help others who are lesser informed, such as myself, to realize the vanity of the pro-climate change/global warming alarmist, of which I am not one.

So you agree with IBDM, right? After all,you're not concerned with environmental practices or that over 7 Billion people live on the planet today.
It's interesting. One area between Adelaide and Canberra is a renewable forest.
They limit logging to what is a sustainable output so it will always be a source of wood and the products that come from it. The US is starting to do that in support of the EU's carbon neutral policy. But for our own internal affairs, we just don't give a shїt.
That's capitalism in a nutshell.
13-09-2020 01:54
(14389)
Harry C wrote: Is there a word other than "climate" that I should use to suit your sensibilities in order to add emphasis to the radical change that the earth has gone through over time to make the point I was trying to make?

Sure. The correct word depends on to what "radical change" you are referring?

Allow me to suggest some possibilities:

Perhaps you mean "Major Construction."

Perhaps you mean "International Travel."

Perhaps you mean "The Growth of the Internet."

... or maybe you mean something else by "radical change." Work with me.

13-09-2020 02:49
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Harry C makes a clear position yet you feel you have to disect his post that has 2 points
.The Earth has been changing for ever
.He does not subscribe to AGW/CC
If I can work that out it should not be that hard.Are you sure you are not slaebblewicking
13-09-2020 02:50
(14389)
James__, I would add to a few points ...

James___ wrote: So you agree with IBDM, right?

... as he should. No intelligent person either disagrees with me or commits a "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

James___ wrote: The US is starting to do that in support of the EU's carbon neutral policy.

One of the truly great aspects of a Trump Presidency is that he absolutely will not do anything in support of either the EU or of any "carbon-neutral" anything.

James___ wrote: But for our own internal affairs, we just don't give a shїt.

I'm glad you mentioned this. This is true ONLY in Democrat-controlled districts.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-[img]content/uploads/2019/06/NINTCHDBPICT000494635216.jpg[/img]

Great points James__.

13-09-2020 05:00
(157)
James___ wrote:
So you agree with IBDM, right? After all,you're not concerned with environmental practices or that over 7 Billion people live on the planet today.
They limit logging to what is a sustainable output so it will always be a source of wood and the products that come from it. The US is starting to do that in support of the EU's carbon neutral policy. But for our own internal affairs, we just don't give a shїt.

I don't know what I would be agreeing with. I thought some may be interested in seeing a graphic representation of how much the surface of the earth and position of land masses have changed over time. I had no idea.

Um yes I care. I used to be in the environmental business as a support services to refineries. I had a chemical compound that would phase separate oil from water that was very popular for process unit decontamination. I even tried to get it approved to assist clean up with the BP offshore oil spill (procurement was rigged).

I'm not a narcissist. I am concerned about the sustainability of earth. However, if half the land mass can disappear in the future (not because of global warming) it seems futile to believe that we have a responsibility to protect that which cannot be protected.

Perhaps our duty is to take care of each other for the time we are here and let cosmic forces take care of the rest.

13-09-2020 05:38
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:
Harry C makes a clear position yet you feel you have to disect his post that has 2 points
.The Earth has been changing for ever
.He does not subscribe to AGW/CC
If I can work that out it should not be that hard.Are you sure you are not slaebblewicking

At whom were you directing this?

13-09-2020 17:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Harry C wrote:
James___ wrote:

I don't know what I would be agreeing with. I thought some may be interested in seeing a graphic representation of how much the surface of the earth and position of land masses have changed over time. I had no idea.

Um yes I care. I used to be in the environmental business as a support services to refineries. I had a chemical compound that would phase separate oil from water that was very popular for process unit decontamination. I even tried to get it approved to assist clean up with the BP offshore oil spill (procurement was rigged).

I'm not a narcissist. I am concerned about the sustainability of earth. However, if half the land mass can disappear in the future (not because of global warming) it seems futile to believe that we have a responsibility to protect that which cannot be protected.

Perhaps our duty is to take care of each other for the time we are here and let cosmic forces take care of the rest.

We've been aware of erosion and gravity for a long time. Everything breaks down eventually, and likely get rinsed out to sea. Fortunately, land erosion is a very slow process. We'll have plenty of time to find less-wet areas to live, build on stilts, or floats, anything else we might need to survive. Random acts of nature, keeps life interesting and exciting. All these long term concerns are silly to get excited about. More likely, than not, some more serious, immediate crisis will come up, long before are great grandchildren have to start wondering and worrying about the changing world.
15-09-2020 04:11
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Harry C wrote:
I discovered this website the other day. ...how naive we are about measuring, much less controlling climate...

That website is super cool. I agree that while it's of course not going to be totally accurate about the precise changes in which million year span it's a very useful in giving a sense of the scale of changes.

I'm curious why you think it's "naive" to measure the Earth today? That seems to imply it can't be done or is pointless. I don't follow how that stems from considering the dramatic changes on Earth over hundreds of millions of years.

The point I think I agree with you on is that the site accurately communicates the "Massive Freight Train" that determines the Earths environment and that if a case is to be made for altering the course of that train, AGW being the topic here of course, then it needs to address the fact that the Earth is "Doing it's thing" already with considerable momentum.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
15-09-2020 04:27
(14389)
tgoebbles wrote:I'm curious why you think it's "naive" to measure the Earth today? That seems to imply it can't be done or is pointless.

He probably notices how no human has been able to successfully express any manner the earth's average global temperature can be measured to any usable margin of error. He probably noticed how you bungled all attempts to present a coherent and rational statement on the matter. He probably connected the dots and saw how everything you preach leads to an attempt to get others to deny thermodynamics. He probably noticed that everything you preach is based on your belief that thermal energy can flow from cooler to warmer. He probably noticed that your ravings inevitably require you to pretend that you are omniscient, that you just know the temperature of Venus because some probes were destroyed there and that you "know" temperatures of vast atmospheric volumes from just one point of measurement ... which you call a "range." He probably saw the toll your crusade has taken on your brain and thought "Man, I don't even want to go there!"

15-09-2020 04:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
tgoebbles wrote:I'm curious why you think it's "naive" to measure the Earth today? That seems to imply it can't be done or is pointless.

He probably notices how no human has been able to successfully express any manner the earth's average global temperature can be measured to any usable margin of error. He probably noticed how you bungled all attempts to present a coherent and rational statement on the matter. He probably connected the dots and saw how everything you preach leads to an attempt to get others to deny thermodynamics. He probably noticed that everything you preach is based on your belief that thermal energy can flow from cooler to warmer. He probably noticed that your ravings inevitably require you to pretend that you are omniscient, that you just know the temperature of Venus because some probes were destroyed there and that you "know" temperatures of vast atmospheric volumes from just one point of measurement ... which you call a "range." He probably saw the toll your crusade has taken on your brain and thought "Man, I don't even want to go there!"

Sadly grain production allows us to know what we need to know.
15-09-2020 06:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
Harry C wrote:
I discovered this website the other day. ...how naive we are about measuring, much less controlling climate...

That website is super cool. I agree that while it's of course not going to be totally accurate about the precise changes in which million year span it's a very useful in giving a sense of the scale of changes.

I'm curious why you think it's "naive" to measure the Earth today? That seems to imply it can't be done or is pointless. I don't follow how that stems from considering the dramatic changes on Earth over hundreds of millions of years.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
tmiddles wrote:
The point I think I agree with you on is that the site accurately communicates the "Massive Freight Train" that determines the Earths environment and that if a case is to be made for altering the course of that train, AGW being the topic here of course, then it needs to address the fact that the Earth is "Doing it's thing" already with considerable momentum.

An environment is not a freight train.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Demonstration of radical climate change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Radical plan to artificially cool Earth's climate could be safe, study finds213-03-2019 20:49
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact