Remember me
▼ Content

debate

debate30-09-2020 23:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
It would be easy to fix the debates. Just turn the mic off immediately until the person is done.
01-10-2020 03:29
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:
It would be easy to fix the debates. Just turn the mic off immediately until the person is done.

How would the person know his mic is off, or even care. They ignore the moderator, the other people on stage would still hear them just fine. It's only punishing the audience.

Debate is a nerd sport. There is structure, rules, agreed on in advance. The player that doesn't follow the rules, is usually considered the loser. But it also depends on who better presents their case, doesn't get caught lying as much as the other players.
01-10-2020 04:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

How would the person know his mic is off, or even care. They ignore the moderator, the other people on stage would still hear them just fine. It's only punishing the audience.

Debate is a nerd sport. There is structure, rules, agreed on in advance. The player that doesn't follow the rules, is usually considered the loser. But it also depends on who better presents their case, doesn't get caught lying as much as the other players.

A debate for you to consider. I saw this on PBS (I wasn't even conceived yet);
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbrcRKqLSRw

And unlike today, they understood the issues. Today, politicians can't explain the pro's and con's of whatever policy they want to pursue.

And while I think Mitch McConnell needs to go, neither him nor Amy can discuss the issues. He's created coal mining jobs as promised. They were in China but he did not say where. That's politics.
Even Amy will say she has a good life thanks to Republicans while running for the US Senate as a Democrat.
Ever have the opportunity to vote for someone who supports China (a Republican) or a Democrat (who supports the Republican party)?
That's the option in Kentucky. Vote for China (the People's Party) or vote for the Republican party by voting for a Democrat.
Edited on 01-10-2020 04:54
01-10-2020 19:31
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

I don't like the idea of [insert person/people here] having power over the microphone status of each candidate.

Yes, the debate was a shit show with all three of them trying to talk at the same time and talk over each other, but that's more reflective of how the media is a full-on partisan arm of the Democrat Party (and how unhinged the left has become) more than anything else... If Trump didn't interrupt and bully across the points/questions which the fake news media moderators refuse to make/ask of the Democrat nominee, then those points/questions would never get heard on such a stage. If Trump were to instead pull a Romney, then he would get his ass kicked like Romney did, plain and simple. Such debates are rigged in favor of Democrats, so it takes such interruptions/bullying in order to counter that.

Plus, Trump's interruptions/bullying of Biden got under his skin so bad to the point where he is now on tape calling the sitting President a clown (he realized a second later that he shouldn't've actually said that) and earlier told Trump to shut up. Trump also got Biden to verbally put down the Green New Deal (while supporting it 30 seconds later), to call Antifa an "idea", to say that he didn't take action on tax loopholes because Trump wasn't President, and other problematic statements along the way... Trump also pressed Biden for a SCOTUS list and whether or not he'd expand and pack SCOTUS, and Biden was a deer in headlights and completely avoided all of that. Same happened when Trump asked Biden to name ONE police group who has endorsed Biden for President... Same happened when Trump noted that Biden refuses to say the words 'law and order'... same happened with other issues as well...

The Democrats (and media) don't want to change the format of the debates or to shut down the remaining debates because it was chaotic or anything like that... They wish to do so because Trump absolutely trounced Biden on national tv, especially on the law and order issue, and that's not a good look for Democrats.

The only spin they have about this debate is to press the lie that Trump didn't/doesn't condemn "white supremacy", even though he has done so countless times over his term and did so again at the debate (he replied "sure" to the initial question), and then asked for specific groups that they wanted him to condemn since it's hard to respond to something that isn't substantive. Joe lists Proud Boys, and Trump tells them to "stand down and stand by" (ie, to not add to the violence, which was part of the question asked of him).

It's a stupid question to begin with because it doesn't mention any specific groups (has no substance); it just refers to supposed "white supremacists" who are "out there, somewhere". The BOOGIE MONSTER is gonna get ya!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

The sad part is that the voter fraud is only a part of what they're doing, and even a distraction of sorts... What they really wish to do is to stiff-arm the President out of the White House and to take over as oligarchs and implement martial law (with forced inoculations, big brother surveillance and tracking, and many other evils). These are sick Satanic people... At least I have the comfort of my Christian faith, believing in my heart that this life is not the "end-all-be-all" and is only a small fraction of a much larger whole, as well as believing that God is watching over his people like a shepherd over his flock and that whatever evil comes to pass will serve his ultimate good.

I've also been trying to do a bit of preparation for what I believe is to come, including just now buying a small generator (it won't power most/all of a house or anything like that, but that sort of thing is unnecessary in my mind... I'm just mainly looking for something that can preserve the stockpile of food I have in my fridge/freezer and chest freezer from going bad if there were to be an extended power outage, and the generator I'm buying will definitely be enough to handle small tasks like that). I also have an outdoor grill to cook on, a stockpile of wood, some guns/ammo on hand, and just this year started a garden (which will be expanded next year).

I also think I live far enough outside of the nearest cities/suburbs/subdivisions to where unrest/violence hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue/threat. I have a few neighbors (the closest one is a nice mid/upper-aged farmer), then the couple others by him are people who he sectioned off lots of his field to (I don't know them much at all, but they haven't been problematic to date), and then there's a neighbor a bit down the other end of the road who seems like a dick and is a rather nosy and odd individual... Then there's a few other farther away "neighbors" along the road in both directions, but I don't know them at all and they haven't been problematic in any way.
Edited on 01-10-2020 19:55
01-10-2020 20:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
The debate was a shit show all right. Biden brought NOTHING. The moderator had to rescue Biden at least 40 times.

Trump quite successfully pointed out that Biden has no law enforcement organization endorsing him, is unable or unwillling to answer questions put to him, gave the lamest excuse for not communicating with his Democrat buddies in Oregon and Washington to get them to stop the violence, couldn't figure out if he was supporting or denying his support for the Green New Deal, quoted a few more random numbers, denied history, and totally failed to show what he had done in the 47 years he had been in government.

Trump just trounced him.

Trump trounced the moderator too. Not only did the moderator fail to structure the debate properly, but was called out by Trump (rather early in the debates!) for protecting Biden.

Yes, it was a shouting match. That's what debates are, to some extent. The moderator (Chris Wallace) was a total moron. it was obvious he was out to protect Biden as much as possible.

Not only did Trump win the debate with Biden, he won the debate against Chris Wallace as well.
Edited on 01-10-2020 20:11
01-10-2020 23:09
(3314)
Good take on the debate. No wonder the left is so damn angry; they keep getting completely and utterly trounced by a guy who absolutely refuses to submit to them and their bullshit...

They know full well that they're going to lose in November, so they're currently planning to cheat via ballot fraud to try "winning" that way, and if that doesn't work, they're also concurrently using this mail-in ballot chaos as an election coup effort to physically overthrow Trump. The Democrat Party leaders are sick people...
02-10-2020 07:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I thought it was a decent discussion...between Wallace and Biden.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

02-10-2020 16:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:
Good take on the debate. No wonder the left is so damn angry; they keep getting completely and utterly trounced by a guy who absolutely refuses to submit to them and their bullshit...

They know full well that they're going to lose in November, so they're currently planning to cheat via ballot fraud to try "winning" that way, and if that doesn't work, they're also concurrently using this mail-in ballot chaos as an election coup effort to physically overthrow Trump. The Democrat Party leaders are sick people...

When Chris Wallace asked Trump if he'd like to trade seats I almost jumped out of my chair shouting "Say 'yes' ... Accept!"

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-10-2020 17:02
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Quite a coincidence Trump testing positive for SARS COV 2.

Will he duck the rest of the debates???
02-10-2020 17:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:

Sadly 5717mfg, you and your friends have politicized this forum. It's not a political forum but used to be a climate debate forum. Kind of why the US has A) Me Ricans like Puerto Rico has Puerto Ricans.
An example is who lives in the US? The answer is
A) Me Ricans

And where do they live?
A) Me Rica

There's only one answer to these non-multiple choice questions.

Edited on 02-10-2020 17:14
02-10-2020 18:27
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote:

The "coincidence" would've been BEFORE the first debate, genius... He will likely have little issue with the virus and be ready to go for the second debate, as scheduled. It will also be an opportunity, just before the election, for Trump to tout his experience with the virus, his treatment regimen, and how effective it was and etc.

As for "ducking out of debates", that's what the DEMOCRATS want to do, genius... They got trounced so bad that THEY wish to either cancel the remaining debates or at the very least change the rules to favor Biden...
02-10-2020 18:29
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Sadly 5717mfg, you and your friends have politicized this forum. It's not a political forum but used to be a climate debate forum.

Look who started this thread, genius..... It wasn't me nor "my friends"...
02-10-2020 19:52
(21588)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

The "coincidence" would've been BEFORE the first debate, genius... He will likely have little issue with the virus and be ready to go for the second debate, as scheduled. It will also be an opportunity, just before the election, for Trump to tout his experience with the virus, his treatment regimen, and how effective it was and etc.

As for "ducking out of debates", that's what the DEMOCRATS want to do, genius... They got trounced so bad that THEY wish to either cancel the remaining debates or at the very least change the rules to favor Biden...

The Fake News media is already out telling Joe not to debate Trump again, led by CNN and MSNBC.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-10-2020 21:08
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Sadly 5717mfg, you and your friends have politicized this forum. It's not a political forum but used to be a climate debate forum.

Then the forum moderator should've moved this thread to it's appropriate location in the forum.

Edited on 02-10-2020 21:08
02-10-2020 21:31
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Then the forum moderator should've moved this thread to it's appropriate location in the forum.

I thought this wasn't a political forum?
Make up your mind...
03-10-2020 02:10
(5196)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Make up your mind...

Joe mentioned 'climate change' during the debate, though it did make him sound a little foolish.
03-10-2020 03:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Make up your mind...

There is a section of the forum for political debate;
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/politics-and-news-f17.php
03-10-2020 05:53
(5196)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Make up your mind...

When was the last time anyone posted in it... Well, besides that cult, savior dude.
03-10-2020 06:08
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Make up your mind...

When was the last time anyone posted in it... Well, besides that cult, savior dude.

Not the issue. Why can't the forum moderator moderate the forum?
The simple answer is collecting our data and selling it to someone is worth money. Chances are us posting in here collects meta-data worth more than the cost of the forum itself.
If basic rules can't be followed, why is that? There's nothing difficult or improper about moving a thread to it's place in the forum. That would only be acknowledging that discussions on different topics need to be kept separated.
03-10-2020 16:19
(5196)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Make up your mind...

Not the issue. Why can't the forum moderator moderate the forum?
The simple answer is collecting our data and selling it to someone is worth money. Chances are us posting in here collects meta-data worth more than the cost of the forum itself.
If basic rules can't be followed, why is that? There's nothing difficult or improper about moving a thread to it's place in the forum. That would only be acknowledging that discussions on different topics need to be kept separated.

Doubt the dude is making money off this site, not a lot of traffic...

Do you pay to use this site? Or do you just feel 'entitled' to tell everyone else how they should do everything, like a good democrat? If you can't stand they way this site runs, start your own site. There is no harm running the site as it is. We don't get spammed (much), so the moderator is doing a fantastic job, in the regard. Most forums are under constant attack, and they have to clean up the mess, and plug the hole. We don't have people posting pornography, illegal activities, or people encouraging violence or other criminal acts.

Climate Change, is total bullshit. No reason to separate it from any of the other bullshit being discussed. Climate Change, is entirely political, so what difference does it make? It's still political garbage, and smells brown, no matter what pretty colors you paint it.
03-10-2020 20:13
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Make up your mind...

Joe mentioned 'climate change' during the debate, though it did make him sound a little foolish.

That was particularly hilarious. Poor ole' Joe couldn't figure out if he was for or against the Green New Deal. He contradicted himself several times in the space of a few minutes.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-10-2020 20:14
(21588)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Make up your mind...

'Climate Change' and 'global warming' are political. This whole forum is political. You don't get to be moderator.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate debate:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Gravity Has Energy Debate3303-02-2024 17:02
We mourn the passing of climate debate.com1504-12-2023 17:11
Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry30704-12-2023 15:34
climate-debate.com awaits 100th new member since my first post901-11-2023 22:45
Why is Climate-debate.com so messed up?21618-06-2023 10:42
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact