▼ Content

Covid19

Page 4 of 6<<<23456>
11-08-2020 03:04
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
A recent study published in a cardiology magazine reported that there is a high frequency of cardiac involvement in patients post covid infection. This is said in a way that minimizes the danger. The article made it sound much worse than my description.
If you want to google it, look up "78% cardiac covid".

And yet they say that a cholesterol lowering drug reduces Covid 19 to that of a common cold. https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/fda-fenofibrate-cholesterol-drug/2020/07/16/id/977607/

Maybe surviving Covid 19 lowers cholesterol levels or the body's immuno response to cholesterol?
11-08-2020 04:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Is mask wearing, a little like being Water-boarded? The better the filtration properties of the mask, the greater it reduces airflow. Subconsciously, we are struggling to breath, which should provoke a response of panic and anxiety. Yet, consciously, we are telling ourselves that it's okay, to slowly suffocate. I'm a taller many, and pretty active, a very physical job. Walmart, has been the only place that won't bend even a little on their mask mandate, and I can definitely feel the difference in airflow, and effect. It's 30-40 minutes, but it's something I find that I need to control my breathing. I really can't see wearing a mask, doing my job, for more than a few minutes. Don't see how people wear those things all day...

I don't see it either... It's definitely harder to breathe with the things on... I'm forced to wear one all day for my job (thankfully it is a desk job where I am sitting most of the time), but even with "cheating" I still need a break from it every now and then.

Outside of work, I absolutely refuse to wear one (beyond going into a pizza place for a few seconds because I'm in a hurry and wish to avoid any mask police hassle, although I'm mostly just going to go through the drive thru at Pizza Hut now as a way to avoid wearing the face diaper) ...

My dad, when running into mask police at gas stations, has held his cap over his mouth/nose and used that as a "mask".

I do have to admit that there's a part of me which wants to go out in public with a disposable mask tied around my wrist (think of a shackle) just to make the point about what's really going on here...

Wow, your mandate is a lot worse than ours. At work, they have a sign at the entrance, that state that masks are required to enter the facilities. Not everybody does. I forget occasionally. We get a temperature check at the door. Once inside, we are free to take them off, and leave them off. Think all that is to satisfy the health department, if they ever visit. Social distancing is optional, if possible.

Out in public, it's mostly the chain-stores, that are firm on the mandate. Gas stations, convenience stores, and most smaller business don't say anything, least haven't to me... But, I see plenty of other customers who don't wear masks. I carry one in my pocket, just incase I'm asked. I follow the house rules, regardless if it's someone's home, or business. It's not really about the local laws. Just like I'd expect people entering my house, to respect my rules (not that I really have any).

Face masks, are a lot of like being required to wear a seat belt in the car. Most people, seldom even get into a minor fender-bender, where the belt made no difference at all. If we stay focused on the road, and our driving, it's unlikely we will get into any sort of accident. Seat belts are the law, a primary offense around here, $116 fine... And of course, seat belts are pretty much useless, so we have airbags, both front, and side, and people still get seriously hurt/killed, in car accidents...
11-08-2020 04:24
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Is mask wearing, a little like being Water-boarded? The better the filtration properties of the mask, the greater it reduces airflow. Subconsciously, we are struggling to breath, which should provoke a response of panic and anxiety. Yet, consciously, we are telling ourselves that it's okay, to slowly suffocate. I'm a taller many, and pretty active, a very physical job. Walmart, has been the only place that won't bend even a little on their mask mandate, and I can definitely feel the difference in airflow, and effect. It's 30-40 minutes, but it's something I find that I need to control my breathing. I really can't see wearing a mask, doing my job, for more than a few minutes. Don't see how people wear those things all day...

I don't see it either... It's definitely harder to breathe with the things on... I'm forced to wear one all day for my job (thankfully it is a desk job where I am sitting most of the time), but even with "cheating" I still need a break from it every now and then.

Outside of work, I absolutely refuse to wear one (beyond going into a pizza place for a few seconds because I'm in a hurry and wish to avoid any mask police hassle, although I'm mostly just going to go through the drive thru at Pizza Hut now as a way to avoid wearing the face diaper) ...

My dad, when running into mask police at gas stations, has held his cap over his mouth/nose and used that as a "mask".

I do have to admit that there's a part of me which wants to go out in public with a disposable mask tied around my wrist (think of a shackle) just to make the point about what's really going on here...

Wow, your mandate is a lot worse than ours. At work, they have a sign at the entrance, that state that masks are required to enter the facilities. Not everybody does. I forget occasionally. We get a temperature check at the door. Once inside, we are free to take them off, and leave them off. Think all that is to satisfy the health department, if they ever visit. Social distancing is optional, if possible.

Out in public, it's mostly the chain-stores, that are firm on the mandate. Gas stations, convenience stores, and most smaller business don't say anything, least haven't to me... But, I see plenty of other customers who don't wear masks. I carry one in my pocket, just incase I'm asked. I follow the house rules, regardless if it's someone's home, or business. It's not really about the local laws. Just like I'd expect people entering my house, to respect my rules (not that I really have any).

Face masks, are a lot of like being required to wear a seat belt in the car. Most people, seldom even get into a minor fender-bender, where the belt made no difference at all. If we stay focused on the road, and our driving, it's unlikely we will get into any sort of accident. Seat belts are the law, a primary offense around here, $116 fine... And of course, seat belts are pretty much useless, so we have airbags, both front, and side, and people still get seriously hurt/killed, in car accidents...

For us, it's mostly the chain-stores strictly enforcing it as well... my employer is strictly enforcing it due to fear of potential fines... the smaller and independently owned businesses that I've been in don't seem to care at all... no mask police or nothing like there are at the chain stores...

Your seat belt laws are stricter than ours though, if you get fined that much... My dad got bagged for not wearing a seat belt twice, and he said it was a $10 fine both times... He continues to not wear a seat belt. My cousin doesn't wear one either. I usually do if I am driving but don't if I am a passenger (don't ask me why because I am not basing that habit on any sort of logic)
11-08-2020 07:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I was so happy with my eye doctor on Monday....who will not be named to protect her from losing her practice.

She called Friday to remind me of my appointment at 11:15 AM Monday.

"Your temperature will be taken at the front door before entry and you will be required to wear a mask."

I said, " Oohhh sorry, I actually refuse to wear a mask. I'll call you when the Caronafear is over."

Her response was "We don't officially open till 9....want to come in at 830?"

Hell yes!!!

Can you say customer for life?!
11-08-2020 08:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:Her response was "We don't officially open till 9....want to come in at 830?"

Hell yes!!!

Shall we credit her account 5 bonus points?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-08-2020 16:26
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Yes! Eye doctor X. 5 bonus ponts.
11-08-2020 16:27
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Her response was "We don't officially open till 9....want to come in at 830?"

Hell yes!!!

I think she deserves the points. Well done on her part!
11-08-2020 23:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Seat belts are the most cost effective way to deal with an accident, particularly those with shoulder harnesses. They work. If you need them, there is no time to put them on before the accident.

I agree with you, though, that making them required is stupid.

That said, there are few places where seat belts are not useful at all. That is large coaches such as trains and buses. Inertia is your friend here. A bus hitting a car is just going to plow right on through it. The deceleration isn't strong enough to produce anything more than a bruise or two among the passengers.

I know. I've been on a bus during such an accident. The bus driver did the right thing. He did not apply the brakes (which only worsens the accident for the passengers). The car that pulled out in front of him was now missing its entire engine compartment, shoved some 10 feet (with engine!) down the road. The driver of the car was fortunately wearing his belt, or he would've been killed.

As it was, he was badly bruised, and suffered a cut, but he was fully able to recover and serve his year in jail for using his cellphone while driving.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-08-2020 23:09
(21588)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Hell yes!!!

I think she deserves the points. Well done on her part!

She certainly does! This is an eye doctor that can see much more clearly than most!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-08-2020 20:16
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:For us, it's mostly the chain-stores strictly enforcing it as well... my employer is strictly enforcing it due to fear of potential fines... the smaller and independently owned businesses that I've been in don't seem to care at all... no mask police or nothing like there are at the chain stores...

Your seat belt laws are stricter than ours though, if you get fined that much... My dad got bagged for not wearing a seat belt twice, and he said it was a $10 fine both times... He continues to not wear a seat belt. My cousin doesn't wear one either. I usually do if I am driving but don't if I am a passenger (don't ask me why because I am not basing that habit on any sort of logic)

I have posted this in the "Cult of the Mask" thread but I'll post it here as well. Go Wisconsin!

https://youtu.be/8zH9l-PJSj0

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-08-2020 21:49
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:For us, it's mostly the chain-stores strictly enforcing it as well... my employer is strictly enforcing it due to fear of potential fines... the smaller and independently owned businesses that I've been in don't seem to care at all... no mask police or nothing like there are at the chain stores...

I have posted this in the "Cult of the Mask" thread but I'll post it here as well. Go Wisconsin!

GO WISCONSIN!!!

And yeah, I still gotta watch that video yet. The celebrities always have smart things to say...
14-08-2020 21:59
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:And yeah, I still gotta watch that video yet. The celebrities always have smart things to say...

15-08-2020 03:33
(3314)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

GO WISCONSIN!!!

And yeah, I still gotta watch that video yet. The celebrities always have smart things to say...

Watched it now... holy hell, I didn't even hear about that story from WI Dems, and now wish I hadn't... holy level of stupid... and worst virus in the history of medicine??? Hahahahaha

Meanwhile, I walked into a grocery store in a Madison suburb without a mask on. I was the only one in the store without one, but nobody said anything to me.
15-08-2020 06:50
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

GO WISCONSIN!!!

Watched it now... holy hell, I didn't even hear about that story from WI Dems, and now wish I hadn't... holy level of stupid... and worst virus in the history of medicine??? Hahahahaha

Meanwhile, I walked into a grocery store in a Madison suburb without a mask on. I was the only one in the store without one, but nobody said anything to me.

They were probably afraid that you'd shoot them. 1st and 2nd Amendments.
They were smart not to encourage you to invoke your constitutional rights.
15-08-2020 17:25
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Seat belts are the most cost effective way to deal with an accident, particularly those with shoulder harnesses. They work. If you need them, there is no time to put them on before the accident.

That said, there are few places where seat belts are not useful at all. That is large coaches such as trains and buses. Inertia is your friend here. A bus hitting a car is just going to plow right on through it. The deceleration isn't strong enough to produce anything more than a bruise or two among the passengers.

I know. I've been on a bus during such an accident. The bus driver did the right thing. He did not apply the brakes (which only worsens the accident for the passengers). The car that pulled out in front of him was now missing its entire engine compartment, shoved some 10 feet (with engine!) down the road. The driver of the car was fortunately wearing his belt, or he would've been killed.

As it was, he was badly bruised, and suffered a cut, but he was fully able to recover and serve his year in jail for using his cellphone while driving.

True, a seat belt can reduce injuries in some cases, but it's more of a coin toss chance, and a false sense of security, lie you cell phone guy. What actually works, is to turn off the distractions, and stay focused on the task of driving. You won't generally need seat belts, or airbags, if you don't get into the accident, or able to minimize the impact. Seat belts have been know to cause injuries and death as well, that wouldn't have happened, if not worn. Having to cut the belt, just to get out of a crashed vehicle is also common. Even a special tool, to make it quick, easy, and safer, than just whipping out a pocket knife. I don't deny seat belts have their use and place. I just don't put a lot of faith in them. They don't make anyone a safer driver, and only effective in some specific types of accidents. Most vehicles I've owned, I have trouble enough, wedging myself in, behind the wheel.
15-08-2020 23:31
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

True, a seat belt can reduce injuries in some cases, but it's more of a coin toss chance, and a false sense of security,

No, they actually work, and work quite well. They are cheap and effective.
HarveyH55 wrote:
lie you cell phone guy.

??
HarveyH55 wrote:
What actually works, is to turn off the distractions, and stay focused on the task of driving.

The best safety device of all!
HarveyH55 wrote:
You won't generally need seat belts, or airbags, if you don't get into the accident, or able to minimize the impact.

Trouble is, you are one vehicle on the road. What about the other idiots trying to hit you? No one is a perfect driver either. We all make mistakes. Sometimes, going a little too fast for conditions, unexpected conditions, etc.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Seat belts have been know to cause injuries and death as well, that wouldn't have happened, if not worn.

Can't think of a single case of this. The problem here is that you are speculating. 'What if' doesn't really mean anything.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Having to cut the belt, just to get out of a crashed vehicle is also common.

Easily done. The harder part is getting through the mangled wreckage to treat the driver or do anything about the seat belt itself.

Like any other part of a car, a seat belt is a machine, subject to problems with poor maintenance and breakdowns. Make sure they work, including the latches, retract locks, retracts, etc. Make sure the webbing isn't compromised from UV exposure and age.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Even a special tool, to make it quick, easy, and safer, than just whipping out a pocket knife.

1) I always carry a knife.
2) Any cop or EMT carries stuff to cut seat belts.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't deny seat belts have their use and place. I just don't put a lot of faith in them.

Obviously. You should trust them more, however. They really do work.
HarveyH55 wrote:
They don't make anyone a safer driver, and only effective in some specific types of accidents.

Seat belts are not designed to make a driver better or safer. That is not their purpose. They are designed to reduce injury in the event of an accident.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Most vehicles I've owned, I have trouble enough, wedging myself in, behind the wheel.

So belts don't really fit. Gotit. May I suggest you put yourself on an aggressive program to lose the weight? It sounds like excess weight is your biggest risk factor in a car or out of it. Excess weight really works against you in the event of an accident as well.

I don't want to nag, you already know what you need to do.

The Parrot Killer

16-08-2020 03:24
(5196)
I'm 6'4", and about 200 lbs... Not really the weight, but being slightly above the height cars are designed for. Doubt losing any weight, is going to have much impact.
16-08-2020 08:19
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm 6'4", and about 200 lbs... Not really the weight, but being slightly above the height cars are designed for. Doubt losing any weight, is going to have much impact.

Ah. Just tall. Yes, that can be a problem with belts, particularly the shoulder harness portion. They can be quite uncomfortable for one as tall as you, and can be somewhat more dangerous to use. Unfortunately, and you already know this to be quite true, engineers just don't think about anyone that tall. There are many inconveniences you have to deal with because of your height, seat belts being one of them. I see why you dislike them so much now.

The Parrot Killer

16-08-2020 14:37
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
It was interesting to look at the beginning of this thread to see how wrong you all were about how this pandemic was going to proceed, not causing any more deaths than the flu, just another cold/flu and so on.

Global deaths: over three quarters of a million (likely to be a substantial under count based on excess deaths statistics)

US deaths over 170,000 and increasing by 1000 per day (23% of the deaths and only 4% of the global population) and likely to be an undercount by at least 28% (NCHS) again using excess death stats.

Based on their wildly inaccurate pronouncements we can safely disregard any future science related postings by Ibdamann, Into the night, and many others.
16-08-2020 17:48
(21588)
DRKTS wrote:
It was interesting to look at the beginning of this thread to see how wrong you all were about how this pandemic was going to proceed, not causing any more deaths than the flu, just another cold/flu and so on.

It hasn't.
DRKTS wrote:
Global deaths: over three quarters of a million (likely to be a substantial under count based on excess deaths statistics)

Random numbers. Fear mongering.
DRKTS wrote:
US deaths over 170,000 and increasing by 1000 per day (23% of the deaths and only 4% of the global population) and likely to be an undercount by at least 28% (NCHS) again using excess death stats.

Random numbers. Bad math. The U.S. is not the global population.
DRKTS wrote:
Based on their wildly inaccurate pronouncements we can safely disregard any future science related postings by Ibdamann, Into the night, and many others.

You are denying math. There is no science in your post.
Bulverism fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

16-08-2020 18:57
(5196)
Death counts are generally adjusted down, after a pandemic. To handle the volume, they don't autopsy every body, or take a lot of time reviewing medical records. After the crisis has passed, researchers will go through all the reports closer, and log as many details as possible, so they can better understand what happened, why, and maybe figure out better ways to deal with future outbreaks. This plan, is of course a failure. A lot of politics, and media hype, over actual science and medicine. Possible infections, and deaths, are reported the same as confirmed cases. It's acceptable, as there isn't enough time and resources to run thorough lab tests, to make absolutely sure, for each case. It's always better to play it safe, rather than be sorry for it later.

Every year, a lot of people catch a cold or flu virus, recover, and gain immunity. Usually, it's just enough to maintain a 'herd' immunity, that greatly reduces the spread. All those cold and flu viruses, that make up the annual cold and flu season, were once pandemics. Many, passed through the populations, before mankind even knew about 'germs'. Lot of people go through their entire life, without getting infected by even a fraction of what's being passed around. The response to Covid-19, interferes with the natural herd immunity, for all these other viruses. The symptoms of colds and flu, are all basically the same, and no different than Covid-19. We can expect a more active cold and flu season, and most all of those cases will be considered Covid-19. Expect a lot of lock-down, closed schools and businesses, mask mandates this fall. We will go through at least another full year, even with the vaccines. I don't expect any of these vaccines to be even 50% effective. The annual flu shot is in the 60% range, on the average.

The proper response would have been to quarantine those who are actually sick. Get the high-risk individuals to a safer environment, and let everybody else go about their normal lives. Most people should be already well educated on health and personal hygiene, but would hurt to review often, for those a little sloppy, poorly educated, or slow learning. A lot of people had already been following the CDC recommendations, most of their lives, no need to mandate it. Most people don't like getting sick, and take precautions. We can't afford to miss work too often, or keep our kids out of school.

It's been know from the start of this pandemic, that 97% of those infected, have no trouble recovering, without medical assistance. It's no different than any of the many other cold and flu viruses that have been around for a long time. Covid-19 spreads quick, because there isn't much of a buffer, as few people are immune yet. Treatments have improved, and even those hospitalized, have a good chance of recovery. Many of the patients dying, are of the same type that die every year, from the cold or flu. They have been walking a thin line for quite some time. Covid, or any other respiratory infection, would have been the final push over the edge.

It typically takes a pandemic 2-3 years to run it's course, and build up a herd immunity, which still needs to be maintained. I'd suspect the reverse is going to prove to be true as well. 2-3 years, of isolation and mandatory masks, is going to destroy herd immunity for many viruses. Some of the flu viruses are particularly nasty, and will kill any age group, but mainly the very young, and the elderly. Instead of a single virus to be concerned about, we can look forward to being revisited by some very deadly outbreaks, all at the same time.
17-08-2020 17:55
(3314)
DRKTS wrote:
It was interesting to look at the beginning of this thread to see how wrong you all were about how this pandemic was going to proceed,

What pandemic? A fraction of a fraction of a percent of deaths within the populace is not a pandemic...

DRKTS wrote:
not causing any more deaths than the flu, just another cold/flu and so on.

It HASN'T caused any more deaths than other flus... It IS just another flu virus, and a rather mild one at that...

DRKTS wrote:

Made-up numbers; fear mongering.

DRKTS wrote:

Made-up numbers...

DRKTS wrote:

Bulverism. So I'm just "many others"? I don't get my name included with theirs?? Darn...
18-08-2020 19:47
(5196)
It's not even a flu, it's a mild, upper respiratory infection, a cold virus. If it was influenza, it would have been given one of those cool plague names by now. It just isn't name-worthy.
18-08-2020 20:14
(14389)
DRKTS wrote:It was interesting to look at the beginning of this thread to see how wrong you all were about how this pandemic was going to proceed, not causing any more deaths than the flu, just another cold/flu and so on.

It's amazing how gullible you insist on being. Nobody died of the coronaflu.

DRKTS wrote:Global deaths: over three quarters of a million (likely to be a substantial under count based on excess deaths statistics)

You are adding up all deaths that occurred from all other causes and are lying about them having been caused by the coronahoax.

There's no danger. There's no threat. It's a hoax.

Attached image:

Edited on 18-08-2020 20:16
19-08-2020 11:02
(5196)
George Floyd tested positive for Covid-19 during his autopsy. had several serious underlying medical conditions. Between his severely clogged arteries, drug use, and Covid-19, they still determined that a cop strangled the life out of him... If he died of Covid-19, why are the cops charged with murder, liberal cities burned to the ground, over a covid death? Are the police responsible for spreading Covid-19? How come they aren't spreading it, during BLM protests? But then again, how many people are going to admit they were exposed, while looting?

It's also ironic, that the liberals are the strongest advocates of climate change, and fight the release of the evil CO2. Yet, they release tons of that deadly trace gas, every time the torch a city in protest...
20-08-2020 20:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
George Floyd tested positive for Covid-19 during his autopsy. had several serious underlying medical conditions. Between his severely clogged arteries, drug use, and Covid-19, they still determined that a cop strangled the life out of him... If he died of Covid-19, why are the cops charged with murder, liberal cities burned to the ground, over a covid death? Are the police responsible for spreading Covid-19? How come they aren't spreading it, during BLM protests? But then again, how many people are going to admit they were exposed, while looting?

It's also ironic, that the liberals are the strongest advocates of climate change, and fight the release of the evil CO2. Yet, they release tons of that deadly trace gas, every time the torch a city in protest...

You need to remember the examples set in the state of Florida. If a person is drowning, you can watch. That's legal. Assist that person in drowning, then it's a crime. So basically, if the police just let him lay there and die from his medical situation, that's legal. But former Officer Chauvin encouraged the outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Clubsx51h0
21-08-2020 17:02
(5196)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

You need to remember the examples set in the state of Florida. If a person is drowning, you can watch. That's legal. Assist that person in drowning, then it's a crime. So basically, if the police just let him lay there and die from his medical situation, that's legal. But former Officer Chauvin encouraged the outcome.

There is no legal obligation to render aid. I remember a few years back, three kids stood there, smoking pot, video recording a man drowning in a retention pond. Instead of at least calling 911, they just kept recording, and yelling smart remarks at the drowning man. Of course they shared the video on Facebook. Took 5 days to recover the body... They should have called it in, but saving a drowning man is't for everyone. Lot of mean, nasty, deadly things in those retention ponds.
23-08-2020 01:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@keepit, he remembers the link that I posted. A handicapped individual dying lowers the taxes of Republicans. So it's a good thing and it got someone off of the public dole. That's Harvey's only concern. How does it affect his taxes? And that while only being one person, everyone who dies from Covid 19 is just more potential tax money saved.
23-08-2020 04:34
(5196)
James___ wrote:
@keepit, he remembers the link that I posted. A handicapped individual dying lowers the taxes of Republicans. So it's a good thing and it got someone off of the public dole. That's Harvey's only concern. How does it affect his taxes? And that while only being one person, everyone who dies from Covid 19 is just more potential tax money saved.

Depends on how you define handicapped. People work at home just fine. You're handicapped, use a computer, how is it you can't seek gainful employment? I had a next door neighbor, who was on full SS disability, but I couldn't really see where he had a disability, that prevented him from working. He painted his house, and did his own maintenance. No problem climbing a ladder, or using tools. Did his own car maintenance and repair as well. He didn't seem mentally defective, but or on medication. He never volunteered, and of course, it would be rude to ask.
23-08-2020 18:46
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's not even a flu, it's a mild, upper respiratory infection, a cold virus. If it was influenza, it would have been given one of those cool plague names by now. It just isn't name-worthy.

Covid19 is part of a series of Covid/SARS viruses. This one appears to be quite mild.
Influenza is another series of viruses. There are apparently thousands of variations in this series.
Rhinovirus is yet an other series of viruses, apparently containing thousands of variations. These are usually known as 'cold' viruses'.

Both influenza and Covid/SARS series viruses have been labeled 'flu' viruses by the CDC and WHO in the past. For political purposes, apparently Covid19 is an exception.

The virus itself is real, but has killed no one. Covid19 does not kill directly. Further, there is too much evidence appearing that the numbers being reported on Covid19 related deaths are completely bogus. I would tend to say the same thing about the infection rates.

There is money involved. To report a Covid19 infection makes people money. To report a Covid19 death makes people money. It is government money, designated to those programs supporting a Covid19 response.

It's a scam. A scam for government money.

The Parrot Killer

23-08-2020 18:50
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Floyd died of heart failure. He had fetanyl and meth in his system at the time. Either of these drugs can cause heart failure when the individual is under stress (such as when fighting cops).

As far as Covid19 is concerned. if one can protest in person, or go to the store in person, one can certainly vote in person.

The Parrot Killer

23-08-2020 18:56
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

There is no legal obligation to render aid. I remember a few years back, three kids stood there, smoking pot, video recording a man drowning in a retention pond. Instead of at least calling 911, they just kept recording, and yelling smart remarks at the drowning man. Of course they shared the video on Facebook. Took 5 days to recover the body... They should have called it in, but saving a drowning man is't for everyone. Lot of mean, nasty, deadly things in those retention ponds.

Quite right. In fact, giving aid can result in a lawsuit. Most States have laws protecting those from giving aid to an unconscious person to some extent though.

Of course, while one can be sued for giving aid, that doesn't necessarily mean the lawsuit will succeed, and it CAN result in a countersuit being filed by the one giving aid.

So, you are not required to give aid. It is a charitable act. If you decide to do so, you do have some protections.

The Parrot Killer

23-08-2020 18:56
(21588)
James___ wrote:

Why would a handicapped person dying lower anyone's taxes??

The Parrot Killer

24-08-2020 19:42
(5196)
James___ wrote:

I really don't care if a person lives or dies. We all will die eventually. Nobody lives for ever, no guaranty how long we get to live, or the quality of life. Both tend to rely on the lifestyle choices we make. I just believe that most people are capable of performing some sort of work, to produce their own income, rather than grabbing a few pennies out of my paycheck, and complaining about it.

Every living thing on this planet has to work every day, just to survive. What makes you so special? It's your life, and your responsibility to make your own lifestyle choices, not mine to pick the tab. The government shouldn't be in the charity business, and really should make it so easy for lazy people to scam benefits. There are many charitable organizations, that should be doing the work. That's why they are suppose to be non-profit, tax exempt. It's not as easy as getting a check in the mail, or funds on your EBT card. They don't expect people to be life-long customers. They expect people to show up, only when they need help, and only leave with what will get them through a rough period. Family, friends, and community should be taking care of the balk of the charity needs. People tend to find ways to provide for themselves, rather than leaning on actual people they know.
24-08-2020 20:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

I really don't care if a person lives or dies. We all will die eventually. Nobody lives for ever, no guaranty how long we get to live, or the quality of life. Both tend to rely on the lifestyle choices we make. I just believe that most people are capable of performing some sort of work, to produce their own income, rather than grabbing a few pennies out of my paycheck, and complaining about it.

Every living thing on this planet has to work every day, just to survive. What makes you so special? It's your life, and your responsibility to make your own lifestyle choices, not mine to pick the tab. The government shouldn't be in the charity business, and really should make it so easy for lazy people to scam benefits. There are many charitable organizations, that should be doing the work. That's why they are suppose to be non-profit, tax exempt. It's not as easy as getting a check in the mail, or funds on your EBT card. They don't expect people to be life-long customers. They expect people to show up, only when they need help, and only leave with what will get them through a rough period. Family, friends, and community should be taking care of the balk of the charity needs. People tend to find ways to provide for themselves, rather than leaning on actual people they know.

I am really inspired by your "tough talk". You sound like a born again Christian. I think the reason why you find fault in others is because you do nothing.
I mean you don't even consider that it's warmer now than during the Little Ice Age that happened in the northern hemisphere. It's just that when you ignore history, how can you claim to know something? Your basic argument is that everything is too complex for us to understand anything.
What are you afraid of? Learning something?
24-08-2020 20:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
While Sweden (a Nordic country) did not use lockdowns, it's death rate is higher but it's cases are dropping. Possible herd immunity and maybe just limiting social interaction through social distancing. As they mention in the article, many people ignore requests to limit social interaction while in Sweden they might have chosen to be cautious.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sweden-has-developed-herd-immunity-after-refusing-to-lock-down-experts-claim-its-coronavirus-infection-rate-is-falling-2020-08-24
24-08-2020 23:41
(5196)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

I am really inspired by your "tough talk". You sound like a born again Christian. I think the reason why you find fault in others is because you do nothing.
I mean you don't even consider that it's warmer now than during the Little Ice Age that happened in the northern hemisphere. It's just that when you ignore history, how can you claim to know something? Your basic argument is that everything is too complex for us to understand anything.

I don't need to look for faults, no one is perfect, or expected to be. The only perfected man, got nailed to a cross, a long time ago, by the Norwegians, I think. Haven't read that book in decades... Seems there was something in the book about giving a Norwegian a fish, he eats for a day, then expects free fish for life. But if you teach a Norwegian to catch his own damn fish, he can feed himself, maybe few others, if not a gluten... Lot of smart stuff in that book, should probably thumb through it again sometime.

Warmer today? Not really, only about 90 F, but high humidity, feels warmer, but it's not really. Probably would have been warmer today, but we had this massive hurricane about to blow through the Gulf. For some strange reason, it just blew apart. Feeling the remnants, but no massive death and destruction likely. A little disappointed/relieved, but we'll get another one in a day or so, which is suppose to be a whole lot worse. I don't buy the climate change hype. Today's story used up some of the moisture, and thermal energy. The second storm is less likely to grow, anymore than the first one did...
25-08-2020 01:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

I don't need to look for faults, no one is perfect, or expected to be. The only perfected man, got nailed to a cross, a long time ago, by the Norwegians, I think. Haven't read that book in decades... Seems there was something in the book about giving a Norwegian a fish, he eats for a day, then expects free fish for life. But if you teach a Norwegian to catch his own damn fish, he can feed himself, maybe few others, if not a gluten... Lot of smart stuff in that book, should probably thumb through it again sometime.

Warmer today? Not really, only about 90 F, but high humidity, feels warmer, but it's not really. Probably would have been warmer today, but we had this massive hurricane about to blow through the Gulf. For some strange reason, it just blew apart. Feeling the remnants, but no massive death and destruction likely. A little disappointed/relieved, but we'll get another one in a day or so, which is suppose to be a whole lot worse. I don't buy the climate change hype. Today's story used up some of the moisture, and thermal energy. The second storm is less likely to grow, anymore than the first one did...

You're sad Harvey. Who knows, maybe all of the crying that you've been doing is because you're afraid. I mean that you feel threatened even though nothing or no one is threatening you. But you have to lash out against someone or something.
You remind me of Grug in The Croods. And like you said, you're big, hairy and not too bright
25-10-2020 01:37
(3314)
Did covid all but eradicate the flu?? Seems so, according to the WHO data on "positive specimens"...

Prior years show a similar pattern comparative to 2019, where there is at least SOME noticeable chart markings during the summer weeks... not so for 2020 though... hmmmmmm.....
Attached image:

25-10-2020 02:32
(5196)
Does that mean that covid is a cure for the flu? Actually, I figured cold and flu numbers would drop some, same thing as covid, except herd immunity kicked in. Same guidelines apply to cold and flu, or any airborne respiratory infection. It does seem like every disease and ailment has pretty much stopped, and there is only covid. Mostly, the media and health organizations would hype them up every year, nothing better to do. Besides, they needed to get people in for their flu shots, if they needed them. A little more attention to personal hygiene, and common curtsy doesn't hurt either.

I do believe this cold and flu season is going to be brutal though. People are getting fed up with the 'new normal'. Basically, those chronically ill, are pretty much the only ones really at risk. And, of course, they were at the same risk, before covid, for cold and flu viruses. Lot of people pretty much missed all the spring and summer fun. They aren't going to behave well, and spend a cold lonely winter. People are going to migrate a little as well. Some states are going to go heavy on restrictions (some still are), while others remain open and free (Florida). Regardless of how the election turns out, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people, wanting to vent. Think Trump is going to win, mostly over covid. Lot of people want the silly response to end. Biden, the basement-dweller, still thinks it's something we can control, and willing to step up the fight. We are looking at about 2 more years, even with vaccines. Pretty sure the vaccines are as effective, as they had hoped. Need two doses, three weeks apart.
Page 4 of 6<<<23456>

Join the debate Covid19:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Cell phones are now blamed for covid19?1913-11-2021 22:41
covid19 prevalence3427-11-2020 03:20
Covid19's future1310-07-2020 02:08
Climate Change And Covid198301-05-2020 03:33
Covid19 "modeling"3004-04-2020 00:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact