Remember me
▼ Content

covid response

Page 1 of 212>
covid response22-01-2021 04:19
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Does anyone here think the covid response will get any better this year?
22-01-2021 05:14
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
keepit wrote:

How would one judge this? Cases? Deaths? % of deaths to cases?

Edited on 22-01-2021 05:14
22-01-2021 05:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:Does anyone here think the covid response will get any better this year?

How does one judge the perpetration of a hoax?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-01-2021 11:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
How do you know any response, has had any effect at all? There is no control group, who did nothing at all. Majority of past pandemics have last 2-3 years. Sometime in the next 2 years, we should be coming out of this pandemic, anyway. Most of the 'experts' seem to agree, that it'll take most of this year, to vaccinate a sufficient portion of the population, to maybe achieve herd immunity, and won't really see it, until later in 2022. If course, if the vaccine is a complete failure, and some of the super-infectious variants, are also resistant to the current vaccines, a lot more people will die, horribly. Of course, by the time a new miracle vaccine is developed, most of the weak, and the basement-dwellers, will have already died of one of the variants, or a totally new, and most ghastly variant.
22-01-2021 16:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

People are getting vaccinated. I think the initial response by Dr. Fauci, et al was wrong. Also, when too much of what the US uses is manufactured in China shows another issue.
If more textiles were made in the US, then American factories could've started making masks and possibly N-95 masks at that. Then much of what happened might've been avoided.
22-01-2021 17:26
(5197)
Dr. Fauci is back in charge, and eager to screw up our lives again. Florida's governor proclaimed we ain't shutting down again, regardless. Not sure I want him for a second term, or if he'd be better running for president. Biden won't, and not sure which Republicans will run. Can already tell democrats are going to screw it up, quick.

The vaccines have been going out pretty well, and expanding, Still a few kinks to work out, but not wasting a lot of doses. Florida has been seeing a lot of new cases, but oddly, not many going to the hospital, or dying. Not sure why the flu season is a dud this year, and covid is so severe. Both are transmitted in the exact same fashion, and have very similar physical characteristics. Both should be following similar trends.

Wearing mask is a 'feel-good' measure, since the vast majority of people don't use them properly. More of a badge of compliance, rather than protection.
24-01-2021 00:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
keepit wrote:

What covid response. You denied the federal government ever had any.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-01-2021 00:17
(21592)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

How would one judge this? One random number? Or another random number? Or a percentage built out of random numbers?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-01-2021 21:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:

They are claiming that a new more contagious strain is present, yet no one is reopening the tent hospitals. Why?
27-01-2021 21:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Some health officials are also saying they may cause more severe disease.
27-01-2021 22:14
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Some health officials are also saying they may cause more severe disease.

...and this also just in. Some salon owners are saying that brushing your hair may contribute to severe baldness.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 27-01-2021 22:18
27-01-2021 22:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
What's your point?
27-01-2021 23:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
What's your point?

Thank you for asking...

Cosmetology experts Hairyburg University have released a new study showing a possible link between hair brushing and baldness. This scientific study suggests that people who brush their hair daily are up to 37 percent more likely to go bald than those who use a comb.

Furthermore, the cosmetic consensus is that wearing a hair net in public will stop hair loss, and will possibly become mandatory law after an emergency congressional vote in 2023.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
27-01-2021 23:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I still don't get your point.
27-01-2021 23:56
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

They are claiming that a new more contagious strain is present,

Who is "they"? Sounds like "they" are fear mongering to me.

Swan wrote:
yet no one is reopening the tent hospitals. Why?

Because "they" seem to just be fear mongering about a virus that typically presents itself as a mild flu at most.

I only personally know two people who have gotten it (and two people who might have gotten it). None of them were any sicker than a "mild flu", and a couple of them never even got anywhere near that point (just experienced loss of taste and maybe a slight cough for a few days)
27-01-2021 23:59
(3314)
keepit wrote:
What's your point?

That your post was, once again, stupid... in typical keepit fashion...

I would have to agree with him there.
28-01-2021 00:13
(3314)
keepit wrote:
I still don't get your point.

That you can only parrot what the Ministry of Societal Manipulation says because your mind is enslaved to them.
28-01-2021 00:14
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
What's your point?

Thank you for asking...

Cosmetology experts Hairyburg University have released a new study showing a possible link between hair brushing and baldness. This scientific study suggests that people who brush their hair daily are up to 37 percent more likely to go bald than those who use a comb.

Furthermore, the cosmetic consensus is that wearing a hair net in public will stop hair loss, and will possibly become mandatory law after an emergency congressional vote in 2023.

So I have been experiencing hair loss because I refuse to wear a hair net? I suppose I should start wearing one before I lose ALL of my hair...
28-01-2021 00:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Don't let your imagination get the best of you.
28-01-2021 01:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Don't let your imagination get the best of you.

Correct. I see you finally get my point.

28-01-2021 01:49
(14401)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
What's your point?

Thank you for asking...

If it weren't against the rules, you'd be racking up bonus points like there's no tomorrow.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-01-2021 01:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Swan wrote:

Because "they" seem to just be fear mongering about a virus that typically presents itself as a mild flu at most.

I only personally know two people who have gotten it (and two people who might have gotten it). None of them were any sicker than a "mild flu", and a couple of them never even got anywhere near that point (just experienced loss of taste and maybe a slight cough for a few days)

They are the powers that be who decide what the media reports
28-01-2021 01:55
(14401)
gfm7175 wrote:So I have been experiencing hair loss because I refuse to wear a hair net?

You need to be double-netting ... maybe triple-netting in your case.

You are one of society's most vulnerable. You probably qualify for the special government aid program by which they cut out all of your red tape and rush to give top priority to shutting down your business.

28-01-2021 02:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I know3 people fairly close. One died (80 years old), one was hospitalized and recovered to some extent and went home but hasn't recovered all his faculties, one tested positive but had no symptoms.
Candle hypothesis.
28-01-2021 02:13
(14401)
Swan wrote:They are the powers that be who decide what the media reports

Yes. The DNC. We've been over this.

Attached image:

28-01-2021 05:06
(5197)
keepit wrote:
I know3 people fairly close. One died (80 years old), one was hospitalized and recovered to some extent and went home but hasn't recovered all his faculties, one tested positive but had no symptoms.
Candle hypothesis.

Are you disappointed, that covid didn't turn out to be as deadly, as marketed? Or are you pointing out that even old people survive? Nobody lives forever, some just take longer than others. We never know how, or when, just that it's coming.
28-01-2021 05:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
Your personal attitudes and misconceptions are of no interest to covid. Unfortunately covid does what it does. I hope you've noticed that.
28-01-2021 07:21
(14401)
keepit wrote: covid does what it does.

Yes, it makes you lose your sense of smell for three days, i.e. a fate worse than death. At least you're immune to it when the ordeal is over.

28-01-2021 09:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Not even close to reality IBD.
28-01-2021 10:40
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Your personal attitudes and misconceptions are of no interest to covid. Unfortunately covid does what it does. I hope you've noticed that.

Yeah, I noticed there hasn't been a huge difference in cases, and how people respond. When cases spike, some places panic, shut down, tighten guideline enforcement, some don't, either way the new case numbers fall. Even island country's, that are able to control their borders, simply by shutting down travel, still have new cases, and spikes. They aren't as extreme, but haven't completely stopped either. Covid is going to do it's thing, regardless.

Let's wait and see how that miracle vaccine works out. 5% off the top, won't be protected, just from the marketing numbers of the makers. Of course, they don't allow just anyone to volunteer for studies. If they have a pretty good idea someone is likely going to have problems, or even die, the companies aren't going to let you participate. But, it's reasonable, that a doctor, or health care provider, would advise those people not to get the shot, as well. Of course, those giving the vaccines, aren't doctors, and many just took a 2 hour class.

Of course, they have the 4,000+ variants to fall back on, if they vaccinate everybody, and the pandemic rages on. There will also be a decent segment of the population that can't, or won't get vaccinated. Active cases, are still only 1%, or less of a state's total population, but that's based on those who bother to get tested...
28-01-2021 13:01
(14401)
keepit wrote:Not even close to reality IBD.

You have it backwards. I am firmly planted in reality and your delusions are all WACKY.

COVID-19 causes one to lose sense of smell, one might not even have any other symptoms, and after a few days one becomes immune.

It doesn't quite live up to the unbelievable HYPE you've been spreading, that's for sure. I just write you off as being a total moron. I just need to recall that you have only ever gotten one thing correct on this site to remind me that accidents still happen in nature.

28-01-2021 13:32
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
The immunity of the vaccination supposedly lasts about 3 months so it seems to me that reaching to so called herd immunity would take forever. Just like testing it is nothing more than wasting money.
28-01-2021 13:47
(21592)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

And what does it do?

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2021 13:48
(21592)
keepit wrote:
Not even close to reality IBD.

Define 'reality'.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2021 13:49
(21592)
Xadoman wrote:
The immunity of the vaccination supposedly lasts about 3 months so it seems to me that reaching to so called herd immunity would take forever. Just like testing it is nothing more than wasting money.

Vaccines do not grant immunity.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2021 16:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
Candle hypothesis.

7300 people die every day.

80000 people died of the flu in 2018

LOL we all know 80 plus year old people who died.

Death happens every day

Really
28-01-2021 16:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Vaccines do grant immunity for many diseases, however the covid vaccine is as of yet not tested in the population and is not shown to grant immunity. Are you aware that a person who had covid in December who just got the vaccine was dead three hours later.

Why will the media not report this?

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-vaccine-death-COVID-Placer-County-15895656.php

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-health-care-worker-vaccine-death-COVID-15902997.php

https://nypost.com/2021/01/28/ca-health-care-worker-dies-days-after-receiving-covid-19-vaccine/
28-01-2021 16:58
(14401)
Swan wrote: Vaccines do grant immunity for many diseases,

Vaccines grant heightened resistance and results will vary. Some people will become so resistant that they are effectively immune. For others the disease will still be problematic, even with boosted resistance.

With respect to COVID-19, it appears that the best vaccine is simply to get COVID-19, lose your sense of smell for three days and then be effectively immune to it.

When Donald Trump got COVID-19 he hardly felt any symptoms at all, continuning to hold meetings and accomplish national business until he became immune a few days later. In fact, he only became aware of his infection because a test indicated that he was positive for the virus ... so he accepted treatment although he didn't need it. Let's not forget that Donald Trump is in his 70s and supposedly more vulnerable than most.

Donald Trump's family also got COVID-19, their experience was similar ... except with even less symptoms and were also immune a few days later.

I have finally/recently encountered people I know personally who got COVID-19. All they have to say about it is that they lost their sense of smell for about three days and had bouts of the sniffles (requiring some Kleenex). Otherwise, nothing to write home about.

28-01-2021 17:44
(5197)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Vaccines do grant immunity for many diseases, however the covid vaccine is as of yet not tested in the population and is not shown to grant immunity. Are you aware that a person who had covid in December who just got the vaccine was dead three hours later.

Why will the media not report this?

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-vaccine-death-COVID-Placer-County-15895656.php

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-health-care-worker-vaccine-death-COVID-15902997.php

https://nypost.com/2021/01/28/ca-health-care-worker-dies-days-after-receiving-covid-19-vaccine/

Well, obviously, they aren't going to allow that story to go national, when they already have trouble pushing the vaccine on some people. Most of the politicians and media folks, are getting filthy rich off the 'free' vaccine. Can take sometimes months to determine the cause of death. Correlation, doesn't mean causation, except for global warming. Then again, we had a family of 4, die in a traffic accident, only the father tested positive, but all were listed with the Florida covid fatalities... To be fair, people didn't stop getting sick, or dying, from everything else, because of covid. Stop listening to Dr. Fauci. He's past his expiration date anyway...
28-01-2021 19:05
(3314)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Swan wrote:

They are the powers that be who decide what the media reports

Ahhhhh, so the ministers of the ministry of societal manipulation. Gotcha.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate covid response:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Actor Jamie Foxx is now blind and paralyzed due to the covid vaccine that he was forced to take1011-02-2024 01:28
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
Bodybuilder Gustavo Badel dead of covid vaccine stroke. Ans the real carnage begins3017-07-2023 15:41
Jamie Foxx seen sitting on a boat, because he cannot stand since his covid 19 vaccination2815-07-2023 20:46
Jamie Foxx blind and paralyzed due to covid vaccine for Netflix3912-07-2023 20:11
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact