Remember me
▼ Content

County Courthouse

County Courthouse28-08-2020 04:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Well, after several failed attempts to access the courthouse online to pay a traffic ticket, had to resort to actually taking a 15 minute drive, and pay in person...

Line starts, before you even reach the steps. They check to make sure you wear a mask, do a temperature check, put a little sticker on your wrist. Then you can climb the steps, and enter the building, where another guard questions you about your business in the courthouse, direct you into the line for the metal detector, and x-ray for your pocket contents, which seemed a little odd, wallet, keys, and sunglasses. What sort of weapon or contraband would an x-ray reveal... Least the didn't make me remove my shoes, like some people in line. After passing security, I was again ask what my business was in the courthouse, and directed to the sign-in line. Handed the dude behind the glass my ticket, asked for my home phone, and gave me a 6x8 plastic coated red card, which he wrote Traffic 1:45, and directed me to the elevators. On the second floor, no sooner than I turned the first corner, I'm directed to another station, again handed over my ticket, and received a printed slip with a number. Was directed to room 2800 at the end of the hall. Didn't even get to sit two minute, to check out some cleavage, when my number popup on the TV screen, with instructions for window #28. Handed the lady the ticket, she typed some stuff, then spent some time trying to sell me some traffic schooling. It was a one point ticket, and you need 12 points to win the use of a bicycle or public transportation for a year. Points only last 3 years. Your insurance company, might raise your rates. Mine hasn't in the past, over speeding tickets. No real benefit of traffic school, except to pay more, so I declined, even though she really thought it a mistake. Handed over the $131 cash, which didn't seem to please her either. I didn't know they took plastic at the windows, likely still a huge fee, like their ATM... Got my receipt, the ticket, mission accomplished. Before reaching the elevators, I was order to deposit my big read hall pass in a red bin. No further interactions on my way out the door, or down the steps. Amazingly, the whole thing only took about 15 minutes. Tickets in the past, where usually a good hour or so of waiting...
28-08-2020 16:47
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Well, after several failed attempts to access the courthouse online to pay a traffic ticket, had to resort to actually taking a 15 minute drive, and pay in person...

Line starts, before you even reach the steps. They check to make sure you wear a mask, do a temperature check, put a little sticker on your wrist. Then you can climb the steps, and enter the building, where another guard questions you about your business in the courthouse, direct you into the line for the metal detector, and x-ray for your pocket contents, which seemed a little odd, wallet, keys, and sunglasses. What sort of weapon or contraband would an x-ray reveal... Least the didn't make me remove my shoes, like some people in line. After passing security, I was again ask what my business was in the courthouse, and directed to the sign-in line. Handed the dude behind the glass my ticket, asked for my home phone, and gave me a 6x8 plastic coated red card, which he wrote Traffic 1:45, and directed me to the elevators. On the second floor, no sooner than I turned the first corner, I'm directed to another station, again handed over my ticket, and received a printed slip with a number. Was directed to room 2800 at the end of the hall. Didn't even get to sit two minute, to check out some cleavage, when my number popup on the TV screen, with instructions for window #28. Handed the lady the ticket, she typed some stuff, then spent some time trying to sell me some traffic schooling. It was a one point ticket, and you need 12 points to win the use of a bicycle or public transportation for a year. Points only last 3 years. Your insurance company, might raise your rates. Mine hasn't in the past, over speeding tickets. No real benefit of traffic school, except to pay more, so I declined, even though she really thought it a mistake. Handed over the $131 cash, which didn't seem to please her either. I didn't know they took plastic at the windows, likely still a huge fee, like their ATM... Got my receipt, the ticket, mission accomplished. Before reaching the elevators, I was order to deposit my big read hall pass in a red bin. No further interactions on my way out the door, or down the steps. Amazingly, the whole thing only took about 15 minutes. Tickets in the past, where usually a good hour or so of waiting...

Sounds like a pleasant experience haha... Must not have been that bad of a ticket then, but Florida law is likely different than Wisconsin's.

I received a speeding ticket plenty of years ago (I fully deserved it) for going 15mph over the speed limit (70 in a 55), which resulted (IIRC) in an almost $200 fine and four points on my record. In Wisconsin, if you get 12-16 points within a one year time frame, you get a 2 month suspension (which increases, depending on point totals, up to a full year suspension if over 30 points are assessed in a one year time frame). I could've gotten a few points taken off if I did traffic school, but f*** that... My insurance rates went up quite a bit for the next three years (costing me quite a bit more than the ticket itself did), but after three years, insurance went back down to normal rates.
28-08-2020 17:41
(5196)
I got popped for 73 in a 45, the deputy dropped it down to 54 in a 45. Should have been one point, 9 MPH over the posted. I don't get caught that often anymore, but have been slacking off a little, do to Covid-19. Guess it's back on, and have to watch where, and how much speeding I do.

I'm not really sure how traffic school works, but it sounds like a scam. I got 4 cards in the mail, seems like i just deals with the points. Think you still have to pay the fine. I'd suspect there would be a limit on the number of times you can go to school. Rich kids could speed all they wanted, never get points, and risk losing their license.

How's the BLM rioting and looting going up there? Haven't watch much news the past week. I don't know why any city/state would tolerate any of that mass criminal activity. Riots and property damage done, send in the National Guard, bust some heads. Any protest group that gathers at night, are likely to riot. I see anyone who fights, attempts to flee arrest, as admitting guilt, and a shoot able offense. We only know about the crimes they got caught committing, it's likely they committed a whole lot more, and will continue to do so. Just seems obvious the have no remorse, no intention of changing their criminal ways.
28-08-2020 20:00
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
How's the BLM rioting and looting going up there? Haven't watch much news the past week. I don't know why any city/state would tolerate any of that mass criminal activity. Riots and property damage done, send in the National Guard, bust some heads. Any protest group that gathers at night, are likely to riot. I see anyone who fights, attempts to flee arrest, as admitting guilt, and a shoot able offense. We only know about the crimes they got caught committing, it's likely they committed a whole lot more, and will continue to do so. Just seems obvious the have no remorse, no intention of changing their criminal ways.

It's still in full force in Kenosha. It's actually died down a bit again in Madison after the initial day of the Kenosha incident (and idk about Milwaukee... probably still going on there yet, as it's just north of Kenosha).

King Evers is pretending to do something by allowing SOME national guard in to Kenosha (not as many as was requested, and not enough to actually do much of anything). He's only doing that to "save face" with the liberals outside of Madison/Milwaukee... The liberal mayors aren't doing much of anything either... The BLM movement has quickly grown MUCH less popular in the Badger State...
Edited on 28-08-2020 20:02
29-08-2020 04:02
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I got popped for 73 in a 45, the deputy dropped it down to 54 in a 45.

How the hell!??? Nearly 30 over and you get it knocked down to 9 over?!!

My license would have been shredded on the spot and I'd be sittin in the county slammer.

Friend of mine got a ticket over in Des Moines last week. Heavy traffic and she passed a cop doing 4, yes 4, not a typo, that is FOUR over. 59 in a 55. $100.

I guess Covid is killing the city budgets too.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
29-08-2020 07:49
(5196)
White privilege, I guess... Except it was a black deputy. I really don't know why they drop them down to 9 MPH over. Maybe it's so people just pay them, and promptly, rather than take them to court. Going before a judge, it goes back to 73 in a 45, plus court fees.
Attached image:

Edited on 29-08-2020 07:54
31-08-2020 16:13
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I got popped for 73 in a 45, the deputy dropped it down to 54 in a 45.

How the hell!??? Nearly 30 over and you get it knocked down to 9 over?!!

My license would have been shredded on the spot and I'd be sittin in the county slammer.

Friend of mine got a ticket over in Des Moines last week. Heavy traffic and she passed a cop doing 4, yes 4, not a typo, that is FOUR over. 59 in a 55. $100.

I guess Covid is killing the city budgets too.

Oh wow... that's rough. I was once caught in the city doing somewhere between 5-10 over and got let off with a warning.
31-08-2020 18:30
(5196)
They don't usual pull us over, for 5 MPH over the limit, unless there unique circumstances. School zones, construction zones, populated areas (neighborhoods). !0 MPH over, is generally a safe speeding. Not often pulled over, usually just a warning. I'm usually pretty careful about where, and how much, seldom over 10 MPH, unless there is a reason to hurry. I do most of my speeding on back roads.

Join the debate County Courthouse:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Solar Cells and Sonoma County202-05-2017 18:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact