Remember me
▼ Content

Corona

Page 1 of 212>
Corona07-03-2020 23:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Corona virus cases doubled in the last three days. The number of corona virus cases is a lagging indicator of the number of cases that exist in the incubation stage.
This is not meant to induce panic, rather to induce caution since caution will reduce the number of cases through time.
08-03-2020 05:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
keepit wrote:
Corona virus cases doubled in the last three days. The number of corona virus cases is a lagging indicator of the number of cases that exist in the incubation stage.
This is not meant to induce panic, rather to induce caution since caution will reduce the number of cases through time.

OH No! It's a plague, of biblical proportions, as prophesied in the 2013 IPCC Assessment Report. Were all going to die a painful, horrible death! Either that, or burn up in another 19 years, do to the non-stop polluting of our atmosphere, with deadly, man-made CO2.

The number of cases will continue to rise, "at an alarming rate". to quote, the great, Al Gore. Mostly, because more people will get tested. Test kits, and labs to process them, have been in limited quantities, and only those suspected of being infected, or know to have been exposed, were being tested. Those getting tested, are still within the focus of containment, but should expand a great deal, over the next few weeks. Thanks to Trump, not everything needs FDA approval, and there are going to be labs in every state, able to process test kits. They won't all need to go through the CDC in Atlanta.

COVID-19 is active, for about a week, once infected, and a person should be free of it completely in 14 days. It's already known, that it was spreading 4-6 weeks, before the alarms went off. Could have been spreading since Oct. 2019. Vast majority of cases, are no different from a mild, common cold. And of course, the northern hemisphere was well into the cold and flu season. No reason to suspect it was anything different. It's still cold and flu season, and many of the people who had it, or will get it, won't feel and different, than a common cold. They get through it, in the usual 5-7 days, and share with family, friends, and co-workers, as they usually do, every cold and flu season.

We were well past containment, before we even got started. Much of what is being done, is to control panic. We don't want to over whelm heath care facilities, with anyone who has a runny nose, during cold and flu season. There are still the usual people, who need immediate medical attention. Emergency rooms, packed to capacity, with sick people, just make infections spread quicker.
08-03-2020 06:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
The immune system has a memory but not to this new strain. That means no one has a specific immunity to it. This is not say they have no immunity to it, just not the best immunity to it. This why old people don't do well. They don't have the usual immunological memory to assist them. The very young do the same as ever.
The bad news is, i've been hearing reports (immunologist from UCLA and Dr. Biden the pathologist) that patients are contagious during the incubation period. It may go away during the warm season, hopefully.

The cases doubled in europe in the last 3 days. I'm not sure about the whole world.
Edited on 08-03-2020 06:08
08-03-2020 08:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
The immune system has a memory but not to this new strain. That means no one has a specific immunity to it. This is not say they have no immunity to it, just not the best immunity to it. This why old people don't do well. They don't have the usual immunological memory to assist them. The very young do the same as ever.
The bad news is, i've been hearing reports (immunologist from UCLA and Dr. Biden the pathologist) that patients are contagious during the incubation period. It may go away during the warm season, hopefully.

The cases doubled in europe in the last 3 days. I'm not sure about the whole world.

I checked out the mortality rates for the flu and for Covid19. People Harvey's age should be concerned. They have about an 8% mortality rate. Could be why so much concern.
08-03-2020 10:29
Nobi
☆☆☆☆☆
(29)
i've read some articles that the virus can evolve (or has already evolved) into 2 strain types: S type and L type.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/coronavirus-aggressive-l-type-strain-affecting-70-per-cent-of-cases/
https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nsr/nwaa036/5775463

Supposedly one type is more aggresive than the other, which what makes the virus so dangerous. That's how they sell it in the news. I'm not that well versed in this field, and i don't know if every other cold/flu viruses behaves the same way. At the moment, i'd like to think that the news is making this whole deal worse than it actually is.

Sorry for my bad english - im not a native speaker.
Edited on 08-03-2020 10:30
08-03-2020 16:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Nobi wrote:
i've read some articles that the virus can evolve (or has already evolved) into 2 strain types: S type and L type.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/coronavirus-aggressive-l-type-strain-affecting-70-per-cent-of-cases/

Supposedly one type is more aggresive than the other, which what makes the virus so dangerous. That's how they sell it in the news. I'm not that well versed in this field, and i don't know if every other cold/flu viruses behaves the same way. At the moment, i'd like to think that the news is making this whole deal worse than it actually is.

The same thing could be said for the regular flu. Most cases might be mild so people go to work anyway. It seems the assumption is that everyone who gets the regular flu goes to the doctor and gets diagnosed. Why would human nature be different for one type of flu versus a different strain?
08-03-2020 17:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
James___ wrote:
Nobi wrote:

Supposedly one type is more aggresive than the other, which what makes the virus so dangerous. That's how they sell it in the news. I'm not that well versed in this field, and i don't know if every other cold/flu viruses behaves the same way. At the moment, I'd like to think that the news is making this whole deal worse than it actually is.

This is what could become worse.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nursing-home-grappling-coronavirus-outbreak-struggling-answers-003823347--abc-news-topstories.html

The same thing could be said for the regular flu. Most cases might be mild so people go to work anyway. It seems the assumption is that everyone who gets the regular flu goes to the doctor and gets diagnosed. Why would human nature be different for one type of flu versus a different strain?

This could become worse because it's in a nursing home. If the staffers have symptoms then it's probably going to spread through that nursing home. With the influenza epidemic of 1918, Philadelphia was hard hit because news of the virus was not allowed to be made public and they had a war bond rally.
Nursing homes have the people most at risk of dying from Covid19 in one place.
This is where anyone who works in a nursing home should probably be taking active preventive measures to lower there chances of being exposed to this virus.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nursing-home-grappling-coronavirus-outbreak-struggling-answers-003823347--abc-news-topstories.html
At least 70 staffers at the nursing facility in Washington state that's become the epicenter of the U.S. coronavirus outbreak have shown symptoms and been asked to stay home.

"We cannot make any promises that further exposure in the center is not happening," Tim Killian, a spokesperson for Life Care Center, said at a press conference on Saturday.
Edited on 08-03-2020 17:49
08-03-2020 17:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14378)
keepit wrote:The immune system has a memory but not to this new strain.

This is the case every year. New flu vaccines are needed every year for the year's new strain.

The corona virus is the first flu in a long while to be given a name ... because the MSM was as desperate as fugg to hype something, ... anything, ... to draw attention away from the humiliating Democrat debacle.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-03-2020 18:29
(5195)
All viruses mutate frequently, they aren't well protected from the environment, outside of a host. Many don't last an hour, some can still be active for days. With any mutation, most aren't beneficial to the organism, and fail to be reproduced. Some mutations don't really make much difference at all, appearance, just enough, that antibodies don't recognize it. Antibodies aren't our first line of defense, they just speed up the job, so we don't nearly die everytime we get infected. Most vaccines are a false sense of security. Just because you got a shot, isn't a 100% guaranty that you can never be infected.

With the flu, they don't just go by the number of people going to the doctor. People do call in to work, keep their kids home from school. A lot of those numbers get reported as well.

A lot of people that die from having the flu, don't die from the virus, it's self, but from complications of fighting it, or their underlying conditions. It only makes a difficult condition worse. A cold, can produce a lot of fluids in the respiratory tract, which is removed by coughing and sneezing. Some people can keep up, and fluids accumulate in the lungs, pneumonia, which is complicated with a bacterial infection. It's the fluid accumulation in the lungs, reducing oxygen that killed.

Essentially, COVID-19, is a cold virus. I'm doubtful it's any worse than any of the other cold viruses we commonly get each year. We don't often hear about people dying from the usual cold and flu, even though tens of thousands die in America, every year. It's normal, not news worthy, happens predictably, every year.
08-03-2020 20:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:

Lie. It is meant to induce panic.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-03-2020 20:21
(21559)
keepit wrote:
The immune system has a memory but not to this new strain.

Yes it does. It can remember the new strain just as easily as any other strain.
keepit wrote:
That means no one has a specific immunity to it.

The same antibodies are used for similar viruses by the body. Coronavirus is just a slight variant on SARS.
keepit wrote:
This is not say they have no immunity to it, just not the best immunity to it.

Again, you show your own illiteracy on how the immune system works.
keepit wrote:
This why old people don't do well.

WRONG. Older people can do just fine with it, unless their breathing is already compromised by age or smoking.
keepit wrote:
They don't have the usual immunological memory to assist them.

Yes they do.
keepit wrote:
The very young do the same as ever.

They like don't have the antibodies developed yet. It's possible, but not as likely.
keepit wrote:

It will reduce in scope, but it won't go away. People can catch flu year round.
keepit wrote:
The cases doubled in europe in the last 3 days.

Argument from randU falllacy. Mantra 4d. Europe is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
keepit wrote:
I'm not sure about the whole world.

No one is. Mantra 4d.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-03-2020 20:23
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:

This is the case every year. New flu vaccines are needed every year for the year's new strain.

The corona virus is the first flu in a long while to be given a name ... because the MSM was as desperate as fugg to hype something, ... anything, ... to draw attention away from the humiliating Democrat debacle.

While vaccines can help, the immune system might have already produced the necessary antibodies. All vaccines do is teach the body about a particular virus group.

The Parrot Killer

08-03-2020 23:53
(14378)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

While vaccines can help, the immune system might have already produced the necessary antibodies. All vaccines do is teach the body about a particular virus group.

Absolutely. There are probably a lot of people who have gotten the corona virus and never knew it. I could be one of them. I get the "flu shot" every year and two years ago I got two because there were two different strains that came out in that year and there were thus two different vaccines.

Of course there is no way to tell but I haven't had any debilitating cases of the flu in as long as I can remember.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-03-2020 00:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
IBDM,
Here you are trying to start another semantics argument. This time i think you have a useful point.
What is a novel virus? Since there are other corona viruses, how could this one (covid19) be considered new or novel to the human immune system?
Well, the thing is, as i understand it, the word "novel" is used when the usual changes in a virus that occur so frequently become so different that the human immune system can't recognize them and therefore doesn't have sufficient immunity to it.
This is why the covid19 may be declared a pandemic.
This is also why older people are having a problem with it. Older people have weaker immune systems to begin with and when you couple that fact with a "novel" virus you have a double whammy. On the other hand children have better immune systems so they don't have the double whammy.

The word "double whammy" is authorized by the "into the blue" ITB list of authorized scientific definitions and therefore not subject to semantic argument.
Edited on 09-03-2020 00:37
09-03-2020 01:10
(14378)
keepit wrote: This is why the covid19 may be declared a pandemic.

You have said nothing. Of course any pathogen may be declared a pandemic by authorities charged with that responsibility.

Are you going to predict who will declare the corona virus a pandemic and when?

If not, you merely wasted bandwidth.

btw ... just for you I have attached (below) an example of a navel virus so you don't have to speak in hypotheticals:

Attached image:

Edited on 09-03-2020 01:12
09-03-2020 16:20
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Smart people capitalize proper nouns.
09-03-2020 16:38
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Absolutely. There are probably a lot of people who have gotten the corona virus and never knew it. I could be one of them. I get the "flu shot" every year and two years ago I got two because there were two different strains that came out in that year and there were thus two different vaccines.

Of course there is no way to tell but I haven't had any debilitating cases of the flu in as long as I can remember.

I haven't had the flu (meaning that I was throwing up and couldn't go to work) in about seven-ish years. I am one who very rarely gets symptomatically sick, even with something as common as the common cold (and if I do get symptomatic, it is usually very mild).
09-03-2020 16:40
(3314)
keepit wrote:
IBDM,
Here you are trying to start another semantics argument. This time i think you have a useful point.
What is a novel virus? Since there are other corona viruses, how could this one (covid19) be considered new or novel to the human immune system?
Well, the thing is, as i understand it, the word "novel" is used when the usual changes in a virus that occur so frequently become so different that the human immune system can't recognize them and therefore doesn't have sufficient immunity to it.
This is also why older people are having a problem with it. Older people have weaker immune systems to begin with and when you couple that fact with a "novel" virus you have a double whammy. On the other hand children have better immune systems so they don't have the double whammy.

The word "double whammy" is authorized by the "into the blue" ITB list of authorized scientific definitions and therefore not subject to semantic argument.

Did you even read through ITN's response to you?? (rhetorical question)
09-03-2020 18:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
gfm,
I read what ITN says, sometimes not real well when he gets into a string of things. Actually, he's not very sophisticated on medical issues. The cell mediated arm of the immune system takes a little time to develop immunity against new pathogens.
Edited on 09-03-2020 18:39
09-03-2020 19:28
Nobi
☆☆☆☆☆
(29)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
The cell mediated arm of the immune system takes a little time to develop immunity against new pathogens.

How long is "a little time"?

WHO reported 80% cases that didn't require medical attention at all, which means they're cured by themselves without any vaccine. If little time means months, then i'd be worried.
Edited on 09-03-2020 19:29
09-03-2020 19:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Not that i'm an expert but i wouldn't think it takes months. I would guess it would be a gradual increase in effectiveness.
A vaccine in the us takes a year or more. In china they can get one approved much faster by draconian means.
A treatment, on the other hand, may be quicker, but not necessarily.
09-03-2020 19:41
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I haven't either, and I didn't bother with the flu shots.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 19:43
(21559)
keepit wrote:
IBDM,

Still don't know how the immune system works at all, do ya?

Did you know that you might have developed immunity without ever been exposed to a virus or a vaccine?

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 19:44
(21559)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
I read what ITN says, sometimes not real well when he gets into a string of things. Actually, he's not very sophisticated on medical issues. The cell mediated arm of the immune system takes a little time to develop immunity against new pathogens.

Buzzword fallacy. You are still showing that you have no idea how the immune system works.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 19:45
(21559)
Nobi wrote:
keepit wrote:
gfm,
The cell mediated arm of the immune system takes a little time to develop immunity against new pathogens.

How long is "a little time"?

WHO reported 80% cases that didn't require medical attention at all, which means they're cured by themselves without any vaccine. If little time means months, then i'd be worried.

You might already have such antibodies in your system, even if you have never been exposed to that virus or any similar virus, or any vaccine of it.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 19:49
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Not that i'm an expert but i wouldn't think it takes months. I would guess it would be a gradual increase in effectiveness.
Nope. Vaccines become effective within hours of the shot. Most take about a week for full effectiveness.
keepit wrote:
A vaccine in the us takes a year or more.
Nope. Works the same here as anywhere. Developing a vaccine doesn't take any extra time here or anywhere else.
keepit wrote:
In china they can get one approved much faster by draconian means.

China is a proper noun. It is capitalized. Approving a vaccine is a fairly simple process.
keepit wrote:
A treatment, on the other hand, may be quicker, but not necessarily.

You have no idea what a vaccine does, do you?

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 19:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
I'm not sure if you know the difference between the antibody system and the cell mediated system. The cell mediated works intracellularly and the the antibody system works extracellularly. Anti bodies will attack a virus when it gets into the bloodstream but after it get into the cells antibodies don't work. Then the cell mediated system begin the battle. This takes a little time with a novel virus. Meanwhile the virus does damage.
Edited on 09-03-2020 19:50
09-03-2020 19:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
You must be having an off day ITN.
09-03-2020 20:35
(21559)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
I'm not sure if you know the difference between the antibody system and the cell mediated system. The cell mediated works intracellularly and the the antibody system works extracellularly. Anti bodies will attack a virus when it gets into the bloodstream but after it get into the cells antibodies don't work. Then the cell mediated system begin the battle. This takes a little time with a novel virus. Meanwhile the virus does damage.

WRONG. Antibodies attach to a cell and flag it for destruction. You still have no idea how the immune works at all. There is nothing special about any novel virus.

Buzzword fallacies. Mantras 20h.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 20:36
(21559)
keepit wrote:...deleted Mantra 5...

No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2020 22:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Not wrong ITN.
Antibodies do flag cells for destruction but they have other ways as well. Namely they tag microbes for destruction and they attack microbes directly.
Basically antibodies attack antigens. That's what you have to remember. That and don't oversimplify. The immune system is extremely complex. Many antibodies are extremely target specific but there are some first line of defense antibodies that aren't so specific. They don't work best. What works best is the target specific antibodies.
09-03-2020 23:25
(14378)
Into the Night wrote:WRONG. Antibodies attach to a cell and flag it for destruction. You still have no idea how the immune works at all. There is nothing special about any novel virus.

Yep. This is why "transplant rejection" happens ... the immune system's anitbodies attach to the cells of the transplanted organ and flag them for destruction.

10-03-2020 10:04
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Not wrong ITN.

Yes it is.
keepit wrote:
Antibodies do flag cells for destruction but they have other ways as well.

Nope. The flag cells and the virus itself for destruction. That's all they do.
keepit wrote:
Namely they tag microbes for destruction and they attack microbes directly.

Nope. They do not flag microbes. They flag cells and viruses.
keepit wrote:
Basically antibodies attack antigens.

Antibodies do not attack anything. They only mark.
keepit wrote:
That's what you have to remember. That and don't oversimplify.

WRONG.
keepit wrote:
The immune system is extremely complex.

Not as complex as you think it is. Again, you have no idea how it works.
keepit wrote:
Many antibodies are extremely target specific but there are some first line of defense antibodies that aren't so specific. They don't work best. What works best is the target specific antibodies.

WRONG. Antibodies mark groups of viruses. Specific ones are not needed. They can also be produced even when the body is not exposed to the virus at all or it's vaccine.

You are just showing your illiteracy again. Batting 0.00 still.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2020 10:06
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:WRONG. Antibodies attach to a cell and flag it for destruction. You still have no idea how the immune works at all. There is nothing special about any novel virus.

Yep. This is why "transplant rejection" happens ... the immune system's anitbodies attach to the cells of the transplanted organ and flag them for destruction.

Very true. The actual destruction is carried out by white cells.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2020 14:21
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1029)
What do you guys think about my theory that every flu or cold or even a running nose that you have had in your life leaves a mark on your body. It may be miniscule if the ilness was light but it does leave a litte physical damage in the body. If the ilness was more severe then the damage is bigger. In case of corona it tends to go into the lungs. Even if you recover the damage to the lungs is there. Next time you encounter the flu or smth your lungs are weak point and almost certainly the ilness goes there. That makes the corona virus a very nasty virus.
10-03-2020 15:30
(14378)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Very true. The actual destruction is carried out by white cells.

Yeah, by white cells and their privilege. It's a total hematriarchy choosing the winners and the losers based on cellular intersectionality.

I'm glad I'm biologically woke.

10-03-2020 17:49
(5195)
Xadoman wrote:
What do you guys think about my theory that every flu or cold or even a running nose that you have had in your life leaves a mark on your body. It may be miniscule if the ilness was light but it does leave a litte physical damage in the body. If the ilness was more severe then the damage is bigger. In case of corona it tends to go into the lungs. Even if you recover the damage to the lungs is there. Next time you encounter the flu or smth your lungs are weak point and almost certainly the ilness goes there. That makes the corona virus a very nasty virus.

Cells don't live forever... They are constantly being replaced. Scars aren't cells, and we get to keep those for a while. Unless you are coughing up blood, and chunks of lung, you won't have any lasting damage. Even former smokers lungs heal and improve over time. Just depends on how much damage was done, and how nuch time they've got left to heal.
10-03-2020 18:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
I'm definitely not an expert in all this medical stuff but i can tell you and IBD aren't either. I get my stuff out of Wikipedia and you shouldn't use your data mine and manual. JMHO.
10-03-2020 18:10
(14378)
keepit wrote:ITN,
I'm definitely not an expert in all this medical stuff but i can tell you and IBD aren't either. I get my stuff out of Wikipedia and you shouldn't use your data mine and manual. JMHO.

Well, it's a joyous day to have you here to declare what I know and what I don't know.

Could you tell me what I don't know so I can go learn it?

10-03-2020 18:15
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I get stuff out of Wikipedia and from the TV.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Corona:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Fastest Method To Eliminate The Corona Virus COVID Is Crying Screaming Out Loud906-05-2022 02:20
The Corona Virus COVID Event Is Not About Health, But About Human Development Evolution126-12-2021 17:10
This book will help the world defeat the corona virus COVID228-11-2021 05:25
The Natural Foods That Easily Destroy Corona Virus COVID Are The Hot Spicy, Bitter523-11-2021 11:27
The True Name Of The New Corona Virus NCOV COVID Is Individual Evolution-Or-Die Virus621-08-2021 03:00
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact