Remember me
▼ Content

coral bleaching



Page 3 of 5<12345>
09-11-2020 19:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
1. you cannot know the temperature of collections of molecules, e.g. a rock, because it's too complex, and ...
.


Of course you can, everything is complex and and you can know the temperature of anything with some margin or error at some confidence level.

Pretending I'm the one claiming temperature cannot be known is pathetic IBD.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN


Confidence, means the same thing as faith, it's cult-science, how strongly you 'believe' something to be true. If you want consensus based facts, then you should have confidence in God, since billions of people worldwide, believe. Doesn't matter what your cult-science believes, God is running the show, and will decide our fate.



Smelting has been around since the Iron Age. People who produce raw metals have confidence in the smelting process. And when an employee uses a jackhammer to clean out a pot, they too have confidence that the jack hammer will be up to the task.


You seem a little confused, Corn Whiskey? Physical things, are entirely separate from imaginary. Does smelting or jack hammers ever fail? Of course they do, and people have been seriously hurt, even killed, many times. Both are reasonably safe, if the people working on, or near them, are aware, that failure is possible, and take appropriate precautions. There is no guessing or speculation involved, is knowledge gain, from directly observing.
10-11-2020 02:39
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
1. you cannot know the temperature of collections of molecules, e.g. a rock, because it's too complex, and ...
.


Of course you can, everything is complex and and you can know the temperature of anything with some margin or error at some confidence level.

Pretending I'm the one claiming temperature cannot be known is pathetic IBD.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN


Confidence, means the same thing as faith, it's cult-science, how strongly you 'believe' something to be true. If you want consensus based facts, then you should have confidence in God, since billions of people worldwide, believe. Doesn't matter what your cult-science believes, God is running the show, and will decide our fate.



Smelting has been around since the Iron Age. People who produce raw metals have confidence in the smelting process. And when an employee uses a jackhammer to clean out a pot, they too have confidence that the jack hammer will be up to the task.


You seem a little confused, Corn Whiskey? Physical things, are entirely separate from imaginary. Does smelting or jack hammers ever fail? Of course they do, and people have been seriously hurt, even killed, many times. Both are reasonably safe, if the people working on, or near them, are aware, that failure is possible, and take appropriate precautions. There is no guessing or speculation involved, is knowledge gain, from directly observing.



That's only if you know what you're seeing. Without any education, it might still be guess work.
I think it's funny when you insinuate that I drink alcohol when I don't but you do. I'm not like you.
10-11-2020 16:44
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
How do you measure the entire planet average?? ...


Identify something you are confident it's possible to determine the temperature of.


Duncan,

Is "temperatue" an unknowable for anything? If so that's a bigger story than simply finding fault with AGW dont you think?
10-11-2020 17:04
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
tmiddles wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
How do you measure the entire planet average?? ...


Identify something you are confident it's possible to determine the temperature of.


Duncan,

Is "temperatue" an unknowable for anything? If so that's a bigger story than simply finding fault with AGW dont you think?

RQAA.

Disappearing for an extended period of time and then coming back again just to ask the same tired manipulative/misleading questions over and over again does not change the answers that you were already given regarding the topic.

As you have been told countless times, a thermometer can only measure the temperature at the specific location of the thermometer itself. Once you start introducing 'volumes' into the discussion, such as the temperature of my house, or the temperature of the city of Denver, then there are numerous other factors at play beyond simply reading a thermometer located at "Point A" and acting as if it is somehow also a reading for "Point B" located 10 miles away.

In other words, with volumes (such as my house or the city of Denver), you're gonna need more than one thermometer, as temperature can vary greatly over very small distances...

I've already told you about how, during Winter, a thermometer in one room in my house will read ~58degF, a thermometer in another room will read ~66degF, and a thermometer in another room will read ~78degF... That's already a 20degF difference between three specific locations within three specific rooms within my house. There are many locations within my house in which I don't have any thermometers at all... That leads to me having absolutely no idea what the temperature of my house is. Is it 58? Is it 66? Is it 78? Is it something else? Are more areas closer to 58 or closer to 78?? etc etc.... I simply don't have enough thermometers to know... three thermometers is not enough...
Edited on 10-11-2020 17:15
10-11-2020 18:39
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
gfm7175 wrote:
RQAA.
...
I won't waste my time attempting to communicate with you when all you do is run and hide.

Good luck with your RQAA
10-11-2020 18:52
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
RQAA.
...
I won't waste my time attempting to communicate with you when all you do is run and hide.

Good luck with your RQAA

And since you are purposely ignoring the rest of what I typed out to you, hardly "running and hiding" on my part, and since YOU are the one who is actually "running and hiding", and since you are still providing "tmiddles sequence" type responses and other mantras, I have no choice but to fully enforce the "tmiddles ordinance", of which you are currently in egregious violation of...
Edited on 10-11-2020 18:55
10-11-2020 19:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
RQAA.
...
I won't waste my time attempting to communicate with you when all you do is run and hide.

Good luck with your RQAA


No, that would be YOU. Inversion fallacy. RQAA. Answer the questions put to you:

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate
Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics?
[Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming,
Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy
flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume,
e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature
measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black
people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white
nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black
supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
6) Is there an official list of races? [Status: Unanswered]
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of
racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before
rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if
shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that
emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or
moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at
the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the
daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface?
[Status: Unanswered]
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty
person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to
destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history
that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced
human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed?
[Status: Unanswered]
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is
to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives
Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist
Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
10-11-2020 19:15
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
RQAA.
...
I won't waste my time attempting to communicate with you when all you do is run and hide.

Good luck with your RQAA

I will specifically highlight question #4 from the list of unanswered questions since that question is directly applicable to your temper tantrum about my "RQAA" response to you...

4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]

I am waiting...
Edited on 10-11-2020 19:16
10-11-2020 22:55
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
gfm7175 wrote:...you are purposely ignoring the rest...
You always bow out. If you'll actually discuss it let me know.

Here I'll try:
As you've described things the temperature of anything, beyond a single point in space at a singe time, cannot be known. Is that right?

Again that's how I'm understanding you. I certainly don't think that.
10-11-2020 23:07
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...you can know the temperature of anything with some margin or error at some confidence level.

Confidence, means the same thing as faith,...


No it's basic statistics Harvey. That is the terminology that is used:
https://www.statisticshowto.com/probability-and-statistics/hypothesis-testing/margin-of-error/
https://www.statisticshowto.com/probability-and-statistics/confidence-interval/

If you prefer you can think of it as probability that something is within a stated margin. If a calculation shows a 95% confidence level that an actual value is between two limits, the margin of error, it means that there is 95% probability that it is (if the work is correct that is).

We should all be very familiar with this given current events when the polls for the election weren't just wrong they were wrong by so much they were well outside of their margin of error. As the confidence level on those margins was 95% it's unlikely, highly unlikely, that the calculations were done correctly.

ITN will no doubt chime in and deny the above links exist without explanation. That's because whether by will or birth he is insane.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 10-11-2020 23:10
10-11-2020 23:47
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:...you are purposely ignoring the rest...
You always bow out.

No, that's YOU always bowing out, or assigning bogus positions to others, and etc...

tmiddles wrote:
If you'll actually discuss it let me know.

I have already discussed it in the past, and did so again just beforehand...

tmiddles wrote:
Here I'll try:
As you've described things the temperature of anything, beyond a single point in space at a singe time, cannot be known. Is that right?

Again that's how I'm understanding you. I certainly don't think that.

... and you are not understanding me correctly (intentionally??) ...

I've never once made such a claim nor have I even alluded to such a claim...
10-11-2020 23:59
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Here I'll try:
As you've described things the temperature of anything, beyond a single point in space at a singe time, cannot be known. Is that right?

... and you are not understanding me correctly (intentionally??) ...


gfm7175 wrote:...a thermometer can only measure the temperature at the specific location of the thermometer itself. Once you start introducing 'volumes' ...you're gonna need more than one thermometer, as temperature can vary greatly over very small distances...
How about an example of it done properly?

It makes no sense to be so hypothetical about something that's done often.

How about the temperature of a human body? A car engine? A pot roast?

Let's start with something that's a great example of finding a temperature for a subject matter properly.
11-11-2020 03:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Here I'll try:
As you've described things the temperature of anything, beyond a single point in space at a singe time, cannot be known. Is that right?

... and you are not understanding me correctly (intentionally??) ...


gfm7175 wrote:...a thermometer can only measure the temperature at the specific location of the thermometer itself. Once you start introducing 'volumes' ...you're gonna need more than one thermometer, as temperature can vary greatly over very small distances...
How about an example of it done properly?

It makes no sense to be so hypothetical about something that's done often.

How about the temperature of a human body? A car engine? A pot roast?

Let's start with something that's a great example of finding a temperature for a subject matter properly.


You have to be intentionally dense... The obvious difference, is that most stuff, the temperature is read by a single instrument, all at the same time. Global average temperature, is derived from many different types of instruments, at different locations, at different times. Not one of those instruments measures the entire planet, all at once.

You probably don't notice, but outside your basement dwelling, the temperature can change noticeably, often in just a few seconds. A cloud passing over head, cold northern wind.
11-11-2020 07:47
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
HarveyH55 wrote:
... The obvious difference, is that most stuff, the temperature is read by a single instrument, all at the same time. Global average temperature, is derived from many different types of ....


I would like to compare something we agree its possible to determine the temperature of with the air outside.

We can't do that if its believed its not possible to determine the temperature of anything.

Is that your position too Harvey?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 11-11-2020 07:48
11-11-2020 09:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... The obvious difference, is that most stuff, the temperature is read by a single instrument, all at the same time. Global average temperature, is derived from many different types of ....


I would like to compare something we agree its possible to determine the temperature of with the air outside.

Unspecified boundaries. You cannot measure the temperature of an unspecified boundary.
tmiddles wrote:
We can't do that if its believed its not possible to determine the temperature of anything.

No one has said it is not possible to measure the temperature of anything. Once again, you are looping in your nonsense. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
11-11-2020 09:04
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... The obvious difference, is that most stuff, the temperature is read by a single instrument, all at the same time. Global average temperature, is derived from many different types of ....


I would like to compare something we agree its possible to determine the temperature of with the air outside.

We can't do that if its believed its not possible to determine the temperature of anything.

Is that your position too Harvey?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN


Let's just agree, that you are a moron, just here wasting time... I've been clear enough for an ignorant child to understand. You just look to waste my time, playing silly games, to amuse yourself. Your major flaw, is you mistake tolerance, for stupidity.
11-11-2020 11:31
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
HarveyH55 wrote:
... I've been clear enough...
and no answer.
11-11-2020 13:12
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
Tell us what the average temperature in C is now.We are saying it can not be measured to any useable degree as it is to complex to do.If it can be done then it should be available.Its claimed to be warming.From what to what??
11-11-2020 17:50
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... I've been clear enough...
and no answer.


The answer was given, you just want to play with. You're a fool, if you think you can get people to continue playing silly games.
11-11-2020 19:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... I've been clear enough...
and no answer.

He already answered. So have others. RQAA.

Answer the questions put to you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 11-11-2020 19:29
11-11-2020 20:57
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
duncan61 wrote:
Tell us what the average temperature in C is now.We are saying it can not be measured to any useable degree as it is to complex to do.If it can be done then it should be available.Its claimed to be warming.From what to what??


Duncan,

One last time. Harvey is also ignoring this question. Pick something we CAN determine the temperature of. Then we can see how it differs with the gas layer at the bottom of Earth's atmosphere.

If we cannot determine the temperature of anything in your view admit that.
11-11-2020 21:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Tell us what the average temperature in C is now.We are saying it can not be measured to any useable degree as it is to complex to do.If it can be done then it should be available.Its claimed to be warming.From what to what??


Duncan,

One last time. Harvey is also ignoring this question. Pick something we CAN determine the temperature of. Then we can see how it differs with the gas layer at the bottom of Earth's atmosphere.

If we cannot determine the temperature of anything in your view admit that.


I answered your question. You didn't get the answer you wanted me to agree to, to satisfy you control issues. I won't agree to nonsense, just for your entertainment. You can not measure this entire planet's temperature, on a single instrument, at one reading, like anything you pointed at. It's not the same thing, never will be.
12-11-2020 04:50
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
HarveyH55 wrote:
... You can not measure this entire planet's temperature, on a single instrument, at one reading,...
No one has ever suggested you could take a single reading to measure the mean temperature of the ground level worldwide.

If you are going to say one example of something is impossible its a meaningless statement if you secretly believe its never possible.

But I can't stop you ducking.
12-11-2020 05:03
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... You can not measure this entire planet's temperature, on a single instrument, at one reading,...
No one has ever suggested you could take a single reading to measure the mean temperature of the ground level worldwide.

If you are going to say one example of something is impossible its a meaningless statement if you secretly believe its never possible.

But I can't stop you ducking.


You think everyone is stupid don't, and just here for your amusement. You implied the earth's temperature could be measured, in the same manner as any object.

Do you agree that you behave like a moron?
12-11-2020 05:20
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
HarveyH55 wrote:
...You implied the earth's temperature could be measured, in the same manner as any object.


Nope. I was specifically talking about something where there can be agreement temperature can be determined. Maybe you have some good points on how whatever that is differs with the air in a house, Denver or Earth.

ITN and IBD think temperature is always unknown whether its a room in a house, a human body, Denver or anything.

Duncan has also said as much.

You would seem to agree with them.

So be honest. Say temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.
12-11-2020 11:54
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
Temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.We need to do this in stages.Tell me the temperature where you are at 12pm Tomorrow and what the global average is including the poles.If you can not do this then it is not possible.I have learned so much since joining this site however I believe you are trolling
12-11-2020 14:19
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
duncan61 wrote:
Temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.We need to do this in stages.Tell me the temperature where you are at 12pm Tomorrow and what the global average is including the poles.If you can not do this then it is not possible.I have learned so much since joining this site however I believe you are trolling



In reality, by knowing air pressure and what the jet streams are doing can be accurate indicators. But with where you live, how does the Southern Oscillation and the currents from the Southern Ocean influence the aforementioned 2 items in the first sentence?
It's known that both high and low pressure systems influence whether it's warmer or cooler than when atmospheric pressure is usually taken to be 0.760mHg at 0°C. This is a pressure of 101325 Pa.
So at 32° F. or 0° C., as air pressure increases, so does pressure. Still, satellites like your fish finder can also find what they're looking for. Your fish finder works because?
An example of average global temperature, if the northern hemisphere warms by 5° F. or 2.8° C. and the southern hemisphere has no temperature change, then global average temperature will have rise 2.5° F. or 1.4° C.
Edited on 12-11-2020 14:33
12-11-2020 19:12
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
...You implied the earth's temperature could be measured, in the same manner as any object.


Nope. I was specifically talking about something where there can be agreement temperature can be determined. Maybe you have some good points on how whatever that is differs with the air in a house, Denver or Earth.

ITN and IBD think temperature is always unknown whether its a room in a house, a human body, Denver or anything.

Duncan has also said as much.

You would seem to agree with them.

So be honest. Say temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.


I, like many others, gave you an answer to your questions. You wish to manipulate those answers, to get an agreement to something else entirely. Unfortunately, you just aren't very good at manipulation. Most people tolerate your short comings, and mental issues, since nobody is perfect, and we all have our own issues. You mistake tolerance, for stupidity, and attempt to manipulate it, hoping to prove to yourself, you are much smarter, than we all know you actually are. Most people are tolerant of the quirks, and imperfections, that doesn't mean they are stupid. What's stupid, is trusting, that you are at least intelligent enough to learn from your mistakes.

You see, one of my many imperfection, is repetition really bothers me. You change the words, but the meaning, and goal remain the same. You repeat the same method of manipulation, hoping to reach your goal of agreement, with nonsense. You need that control over other people, regardless of how meaningless and silly the issue. I don't think I'm the smartest guy in the room, and don't really care where I rank. I'm at least average intelligence, and that's what I was handed at birth. Not really something we can change, it's more of what we do, with the resources we have.
12-11-2020 19:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Tell us what the average temperature in C is now.We are saying it can not be measured to any useable degree as it is to complex to do.If it can be done then it should be available.Its claimed to be warming.From what to what??


Duncan,

One last time. Harvey is also ignoring this question. Pick something we CAN determine the temperature of. Then we can see how it differs with the gas layer at the bottom of Earth's atmosphere.

If we cannot determine the temperature of anything in your view admit that.


RQAA. You keep asking this same stupid question, even though it's been answered at least a dozen times. Bug off.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
12-11-2020 19:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... You can not measure this entire planet's temperature, on a single instrument, at one reading,...
No one has ever suggested you could take a single reading to measure the mean temperature of the ground level worldwide.

Lie. You have, and you continue to do so. Now you try to deny your own argument????
tmiddles wrote:
If you are going to say one example of something is impossible its a meaningless statement if you secretly believe its never possible.

But I can't stop you ducking.

Inversion fallacy. That is YOU that is ducking. Answer the questions put to you:

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate
Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics?
[Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming,
Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy
flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume,
e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature
measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black
people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white
nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black
supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
6) Is there an official list of races? [Status: Unanswered]
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of
racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before
rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if
shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that
emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or
moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at
the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the
daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface?
[Status: Unanswered]
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty
person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to
destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history
that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced
human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed?
[Status: Unanswered]
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is
to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives
Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist
Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
12-11-2020 19:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
...You implied the earth's temperature could be measured, in the same manner as any object.


Nope. I was specifically talking about something where there can be agreement temperature can be determined. Maybe you have some good points on how whatever that is differs with the air in a house, Denver or Earth.

RQAA
tmiddles wrote:
ITN and IBD think temperature is always unknown whether its a room in a house, a human body, Denver or anything.

Lie. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
Duncan has also said as much.

Lie. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
You would seem to agree with them.

Lie. RQAA
tmiddles wrote:
So be honest. Say temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.

RQAA

Evasion. Answer the questions put to you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
12-11-2020 19:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.We need to do this in stages.Tell me the temperature where you are at 12pm Tomorrow and what the global average is including the poles.If you can not do this then it is not possible.I have learned so much since joining this site however I believe you are trolling



In reality, by knowing air pressure and what the jet streams are doing can be accurate indicators. But with where you live, how does the Southern Oscillation and the currents from the Southern Ocean influence the aforementioned 2 items in the first sentence?
It's known that both high and low pr

essure systems influence whether it's warmer or cooler than when atmospheric pressure is usually taken to be 0.760mHg at 0°C. This is a pressure of 101325 Pa.
So at 32° F. or 0° C., as air pressure increases, so does pressure. Still, satellites like your fish finder can also find what they're looking for. Your fish finder works because?
An example of average global temperature, if the northern hemisphere warms by 5° F. or 2.8° C. and the southern hemisphere has no temperature change, then global average temperature will have rise 2.5° F. or 1.4° C.[/quote]

Denial of the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Argument from randU fallacies.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
12-11-2020 19:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
...You implied the earth's temperature could be measured, in the same manner as any object.


Nope. I was specifically talking about something where there can be agreement temperature can be determined. Maybe you have some good points on how whatever that is differs with the air in a house, Denver or Earth.

ITN and IBD think temperature is always unknown whether its a room in a house, a human body, Denver or anything.

Duncan has also said as much.

You would seem to agree with them.

So be honest. Say temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.


I, like many others, gave you an answer to your questions. You wish to manipulate those answers, to get an agreement to something else entirely. Unfortunately, you just aren't very good at manipulation. Most people tolerate your short comings, and mental issues, since nobody is perfect, and we all have our own issues. You mistake tolerance, for stupidity, and attempt to manipulate it, hoping to prove to yourself, you are much smarter, than we all know you actually are. Most people are tolerant of the quirks, and imperfections, that doesn't mean they are stupid. What's stupid, is trusting, that you are at least intelligent enough to learn from your mistakes.

You see, one of my many imperfection, is repetition really bothers me. You change the words, but the meaning, and goal remain the same. You repeat the same method of manipulation, hoping to reach your goal of agreement, with nonsense. You need that control over other people, regardless of how meaningless and silly the issue. I don't think I'm the smartest guy in the room, and don't really care where I rank. I'm at least average intelligence, and that's what I was handed at birth. Not really something we can change, it's more of what we do, with the resources we have.

Bingo. You have this moron figured out.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
13-11-2020 01:00
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
And now Tmidddles will go away for a bit
13-11-2020 12:02
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3728)
duncan61 wrote:
And now Tmidddles will go away for a bit
I can't force you to discuss anything Duncan.

HarveyH55 wrote:
I, like many others, gave you an answer to your questions.
No my question was what CAN the temperature be determined for. Anything at all. Neither you, nor GFM, nor ITN nor Duncan have come up with anything.

As the point has been made first that the temperature of the Earth cannot be determined, then Denver, then a house, then a room, it certainly begs the question: Do you all believe temperature is simply unknowable.

gfm7175 wrote:
I have no clue what the temperature of my house is.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....
duncan61 wrote:
I have a Milwaukee temperature gun and the variance in any room in the house can be 10.C or more so I claim the average temperature of the room can not be known exactly so how the average global temperature can be known is also a mystery...

So we have, can the temperature be determined for:
Earth: No?
Denver: No?
A house: No?
A room: No?

So what then?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 13-11-2020 12:10
13-11-2020 13:11
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
The temperature in my radiator at operating is measureable as a thermostat controls the flow.lets assume at 21 degree day at 80 km/hour and the system is 91-104 degrees Celsius when warmed up.If I stop I can measure the temperature of the water/coolant at the cap and get an accurate reading of what it is at the top header tank.Now where do we go.
13-11-2020 13:18
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
As a group we are querying how we can be reliably informed the entire planet is warming/cooling when it is not a calculation that is possible.If we all froze over we could say its colder if London becomes a steamy mangrove swamp we can safely say its warmer than before.The amounts are not possible to express in degrees.Another nail in the coffin for AGW/CC.Even NOAA have conceded it would appear from space that Antartica has expanded over the last decade.ITN may say it is not possible to measure however if a picture is taken from space and there is more then there is more.Are we getting anywhere or are you just trolling for shits and giggles
13-11-2020 15:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9190)
duncan61 wrote:ITN may say it is not possible to measure however if a picture is taken from space and there is more then there is more.Are we getting anywhere or are you just trolling for shits and giggles

Duncan, this is a silly comment. You know as well as I do that ice is matter and is measured by volume, not by surface area. No photograph of surface area can tell you the volume. Some areas might be much thicker than previous years because there was a cold wave that happened earlier in the year which also left a smaller/reduced total surface area because it was warmer than usual later in the year, with the total ice mass being absolutely the same.

You don't know the volume of a box from just the surface area of the top.

So no, you don't know how much polar sea ice there is from a photograph and so you do not know if there is more or less than previous years. Specifically, the ice thickness at the edges always varies from year to year.


Jussayn.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-11-2020 16:55
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
...You implied the earth's temperature could be measured, in the same manner as any object.


Nope. I was specifically talking about something where there can be agreement temperature can be determined. Maybe you have some good points on how whatever that is differs with the air in a house, Denver or Earth.

ITN and IBD think temperature is always unknown whether its a room in a house, a human body, Denver or anything.

Duncan has also said as much.

You would seem to agree with them.

So be honest. Say temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.

VIOLATION OF TMIDDLES ORDINANCE

Summarily dismissed.
13-11-2020 16:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
...You implied the earth's temperature could be measured, in the same manner as any object.


Nope. I was specifically talking about something where there can be agreement temperature can be determined. Maybe you have some good points on how whatever that is differs with the air in a house, Denver or Earth.

ITN and IBD think temperature is always unknown whether its a room in a house, a human body, Denver or anything.

Duncan has also said as much.

You would seem to agree with them.

So be honest. Say temperature can't be known beyond the time and location it is measured.


I, like many others, gave you an answer to your questions. You wish to manipulate those answers, to get an agreement to something else entirely. Unfortunately, you just aren't very good at manipulation. Most people tolerate your short comings, and mental issues, since nobody is perfect, and we all have our own issues. You mistake tolerance, for stupidity, and attempt to manipulate it, hoping to prove to yourself, you are much smarter, than we all know you actually are. Most people are tolerant of the quirks, and imperfections, that doesn't mean they are stupid. What's stupid, is trusting, that you are at least intelligent enough to learn from your mistakes.

You see, one of my many imperfection, is repetition really bothers me. You change the words, but the meaning, and goal remain the same. You repeat the same method of manipulation, hoping to reach your goal of agreement, with nonsense. You need that control over other people, regardless of how meaningless and silly the issue. I don't think I'm the smartest guy in the room, and don't really care where I rank. I'm at least average intelligence, and that's what I was handed at birth. Not really something we can change, it's more of what we do, with the resources we have.

Exactly! Very well said. You're on to his games, like plenty of others on this forum are...
Page 3 of 5<12345>





Join the debate coral bleaching:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact