▼ Content

coral bleaching

Page 5 of 5<<<345
20-11-2020 19:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Coral Bleaching, and Reefs Dying, seem to be two different things, but often spoken of as the same thing. Nobody actually knows why some areas are afflicted, some are doing just fine. Been a lot of weird ideas. Key West banned certain brands of suntan lotion a couple years ago... Global Warming, of course blames CO2, and they scorching heat. Hawaii has coral, and they have active volcanoes. Some erupt underwater... And yet, the coral, somehow manages to survive, and thrive...

My theory about Florida coral issues, and the algae blooms (red tide), are related to The Norwegian Cruise Line ships, routinely purging their sewage tanks offshore, to doge the port disposal fees. Covid confirms my theory. No cruses, no red tide this year...

It's interesting that the Red Tide is always there. Yet the ppm when it's a problem will go up to 10 million per liter. I wonder if a lack of water circulation could allow it's level of saturation to increase. You know, if it's diluted then it doesn't hurt marine life that consumes it. Just a thought.
If you consider the hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica is much larger than the one over the Arctic, this has to do primarily with air circulation. With enough circulation, ODSs can be diluted.

As for coral bleaching, maybe it's because when coral dies, the reefs turn white? This might be because the polyps might leave behind calcium carbonate residue.
And now when your friends at work notice that you're getting smarter, you can tell them that it's because you know a Norwegian.

Spewing empty buzzwords does not make you smarter.
Stringing together techogibberish does not make you smarter.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-11-2020 14:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Coral Bleaching, and Reefs Dying, seem to be two different things, but often spoken of as the same thing. Nobody actually knows why some areas are afflicted, some are doing just fine. Been a lot of weird ideas. Key West banned certain brands of suntan lotion a couple years ago... Global Warming, of course blames CO2, and they scorching heat. Hawaii has coral, and they have active volcanoes. Some erupt underwater... And yet, the coral, somehow manages to survive, and thrive...

My theory about Florida coral issues, and the algae blooms (red tide), are related to The Norwegian Cruise Line ships, routinely purging their sewage tanks offshore, to doge the port disposal fees. Covid confirms my theory. No cruses, no red tide this year...

It's interesting that the Red Tide is always there. Yet the ppm when it's a problem will go up to 10 million per liter. I wonder if a lack of water circulation could allow it's level of saturation to increase. You know, if it's diluted then it doesn't hurt marine life that consumes it. Just a thought.
If you consider the hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica is much larger than the one over the Arctic, this has to do primarily with air circulation. With enough circulation, ODSs can be diluted.

As for coral bleaching, maybe it's because when coral dies, the reefs turn white? This might be because the polyps might leave behind calcium carbonate residue.
And now when your friends at work notice that you're getting smarter, you can tell them that it's because you know a Norwegian.

Spewing empty buzzwords does not make you smarter.
Stringing together techogibberish does not make you smarter.

You misspelled "technogibberish".
Page 5 of 5<<<345

Join the debate coral bleaching:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact