Remember me
▼ Content

COP21 - Political Fantasy Island

COP21 - Political Fantasy Island04-12-2015 17:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14402)
Apparently COP21 is like a political "Fantasy Island" in which politicians and political interest groups can pretend they are gods and can deliberate the fate of nature and of the planet.

I found this item to be particularly intriguing:

Nicholson was informed that Caribbean negotiators are insisting that global warming be limited to 1.5 degrees Celsius by the end of this century – that's less than the 2 degrees Celsius for which developed countries have been advocating. - The Gleaner, COP21: Caribbean countries standing firm on global warming limit

This is accompanied by the expectation that this 1.5 degree limit be signed into some sort of international law which will be executed by the gods presiding at COP21.

Along those same lines, I found this item to be similarly intriguing:

In 2015 COP21, also known as the 2015 Paris Climate Conference, will, for the first time in over 20 years of UN negotiations, aim to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate, with the aim of keeping global warming below 2°C. - The Gleaner, COP21: Caribbean countries standing firm on global warming limit

As solar output continues to decrease towards the solar minimum, and thus as the earth continues to cool, is all the warmizombie insistence that the earth is actually warming toward oblivion intended to ultimately credit the climate gods they sent to COP21 as having performed the miracles necessary to save the planet?

Question: What sort of fine/sentence can be levied against "climate" if it warms more than the 2-degree legal limit?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 04-12-2015 17:55
04-12-2015 20:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:
Apparently COP21 is like a political "Fantasy Island" in which politicians and political interest groups can pretend they are gods and can deliberate the fate of nature and of the planet.

I found this item to be particularly intriguing:

Nicholson was informed that Caribbean negotiators are insisting that global warming be limited to 1.5 degrees Celsius by the end of this century – that's less than the 2 degrees Celsius for which developed countries have been advocating. - The Gleaner, COP21: Caribbean countries standing firm on global warming limit

This is accompanied by the expectation that this 1.5 degree limit be signed into some sort of international law which will be executed by the gods presiding at COP21.

Along those same lines, I found this item to be similarly intriguing:

In 2015 COP21, also known as the 2015 Paris Climate Conference, will, for the first time in over 20 years of UN negotiations, aim to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate, with the aim of keeping global warming below 2°C. - The Gleaner, COP21: Caribbean countries standing firm on global warming limit

As solar output continues to decrease towards the solar minimum, and thus as the earth continues to cool, is all the warmizombie insistence that the earth is actually warming toward oblivion intended to ultimately credit the climate gods they sent to COP21 as having performed the miracles necessary to save the planet?

Question: What sort of fine/sentence can be levied against "climate" if it warms more than the 2-degree legal limit?

It comes down to a simpler question. What do you do about dissidents?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-12-2015 02:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14402)
This is ridiculous. Read this latest development out of COP21:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3c62df02-9b7a-11e5-b45d-4812f209f861.html#axzz3tUiF7o98

We can already guarantee that this "accord" will never amount to anything but we can guess as to how long it will be before the political strategy will transition to making the entire topic just "go away" and be forgotten.

Also, notice how CO2 is equated with pollution. The accord never had a chance.

Join the debate COP21 - Political Fantasy Island:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Two New Fair Global Financial System Can Easily Destroy Political Power Within All Nations129-01-2021 17:23
Tangier Island , should it be used as an example?28307-07-2020 22:28
Climate change is on the move — but the political debate is standing still130-04-2019 16:29
How climate change is sinking an Indian island.317-03-2019 21:17
Climate Change Is Now On The Political Agenda, Thanks To People Still Too Young To Vote317-03-2019 12:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact