Remember me
▼ Content

Cool roofs. Good or bad?

Cool roofs. Good or bad?06-01-2016 19:43
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GKcdgxHsk
06-01-2016 20:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough

If it doesn't blind you, it won't blind birds. Our eyesight is actually quite similar. About the biggest difference with birds is the lens structure. The retina responds about the same.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-01-2016 21:12
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

If it doesn't blind you, it won't blind birds. Our eyesight is actually quite similar. About the biggest difference with birds is the lens structure. The retina responds about the same.

It is certainly not natural. Humans need to leave nature alone. Two rights don't make a wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Stop using electricity and go back to nature.
06-01-2016 21:42
(21596)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

It is certainly not natural. Humans need to leave nature alone. Two rights don't make a wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Stop using electricity and go back to nature.

Uh...electricity IS nature. Nature couldn't exist without it!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-01-2016 23:02
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

But harnessing electricity through massive power generation is not naturally and causes global warming and degradation of natural landscape.
06-01-2016 23:20
(21596)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

But harnessing electricity through massive power generation is not naturally and causes global warming and degradation of natural landscape.

You are wandering down a fallacy appealing to nature. Nature isn't good or bad. It just is. Using the laws of nature to heat our homes isn't good or bad, it just is. Man is part of nature. He is not apart from it.

Wasting resources or polluting the land with toxins due to inefficient systems is bad. We can do something about that by building better efficiency and cleaner systems. We have done this in the U.S. There is nothing wrong with doing more.

To separate man and his systems from the rest of nature is a fallacy. We are all a part of nature.

In this case, birds already die because of each other. So do the bugs many of them eat. White roofs don't blind birds anymore than they blind you. If a bird is bothered by it, they will probably not frequent the roof. To them it's just warm ice.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Cool roofs. Good or bad?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why humans are so bad at thinking about climate change?2119-02-2024 00:26
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Tom Brady lost $30 million after FTX crypto collapse. Too bad307-09-2023 15:54
All Sides, Beings, Entities No Matter "Evil" Or "Good" Are Receiving Their Final Chan014-07-2023 07:52
Greenhouse gases cool better and cause lower surface temperature of earth than non greenhouse gases310-05-2023 08:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact