Remember me
▼ Content

Cool roofs. Good or bad?


Cool roofs. Good or bad?06-01-2016 19:43
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1081)
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GKcdgxHsk
06-01-2016 20:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11793)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GKcdgxHsk


If it doesn't blind you, it won't blind birds. Our eyesight is actually quite similar. About the biggest difference with birds is the lens structure. The retina responds about the same.


The Parrot Killer
06-01-2016 21:12
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1081)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GKcdgxHsk


If it doesn't blind you, it won't blind birds. Our eyesight is actually quite similar. About the biggest difference with birds is the lens structure. The retina responds about the same.


It is certainly not natural. Humans need to leave nature alone. Two rights don't make a wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Stop using electricity and go back to nature.
06-01-2016 21:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11793)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GKcdgxHsk


If it doesn't blind you, it won't blind birds. Our eyesight is actually quite similar. About the biggest difference with birds is the lens structure. The retina responds about the same.


It is certainly not natural. Humans need to leave nature alone. Two rights don't make a wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Stop using electricity and go back to nature.


Uh...electricity IS nature. Nature couldn't exist without it!


The Parrot Killer
06-01-2016 23:02
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1081)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GKcdgxHsk


If it doesn't blind you, it won't blind birds. Our eyesight is actually quite similar. About the biggest difference with birds is the lens structure. The retina responds about the same.


It is certainly not natural. Humans need to leave nature alone. Two rights don't make a wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Stop using electricity and go back to nature.


Uh...electricity IS nature. Nature couldn't exist without it!


But harnessing electricity through massive power generation is not naturally and causes global warming and degradation of natural landscape.
06-01-2016 23:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11793)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I think it's bad because it reflects too much sunlight and this can blind birds as if we humans haven't mucked up nature enough


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GKcdgxHsk


If it doesn't blind you, it won't blind birds. Our eyesight is actually quite similar. About the biggest difference with birds is the lens structure. The retina responds about the same.


It is certainly not natural. Humans need to leave nature alone. Two rights don't make a wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Stop using electricity and go back to nature.


Uh...electricity IS nature. Nature couldn't exist without it!


But harnessing electricity through massive power generation is not naturally and causes global warming and degradation of natural landscape.


You are wandering down a fallacy appealing to nature. Nature isn't good or bad. It just is. Using the laws of nature to heat our homes isn't good or bad, it just is. Man is part of nature. He is not apart from it.

Wasting resources or polluting the land with toxins due to inefficient systems is bad. We can do something about that by building better efficiency and cleaner systems. We have done this in the U.S. There is nothing wrong with doing more.

To separate man and his systems from the rest of nature is a fallacy. We are all a part of nature.

In this case, birds already die because of each other. So do the bugs many of them eat. White roofs don't blind birds anymore than they blind you. If a bird is bothered by it, they will probably not frequent the roof. To them it's just warm ice.


The Parrot Killer




Join the debate Cool roofs. Good or bad?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
A bit of good news.3314-03-2020 07:28
Poll:Good idea or bad idea?8510-03-2020 17:57
Why humans are so bad at thinking about climate change?1604-03-2020 16:43
The Easiest Way To Remove Bad Politicians Is By Gambling Knowledge About Global Warming & CO2 Emissio623-01-2020 03:34
Good beginner book827-08-2019 00:51
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact