Contagion

Page 4 of 4<<<234
06-04-2020 12:16
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
It seems that Covid 19 is spiking.

It shows every sign of slowing down, according to the CDC data.
Yes it does because of the measures taken on the advice of professionals.

Let's all be glad it's not still being called a Hoax by Trump and others.

Into the Night wrote:
The virus isn't spreading....The virus does not kill the elderly if they are healthy....
tmiddles wrote:
"A spokesman for Spectaris, the German industry federation that represents medical devices makers, said: "At the moment there are sufficient supplies of everything. What is important is to keep the number of new infections low. Otherwise we could see shortages.""

Void argument. What 'medical devices'? You actually don't need ANY 'medical devices' to recover from the flu....
link, Said on March 13th
IBdaMann wrote:This flu is much weaker than those of previous flu seasons.
link

Now of course you and IBD had absolutely nothing to back up your wild claims.

Trump usually doesn't either. The declarations that this is a hoax, the denial of professional's advice, it all mirrors what you see in environmental and climate issues. With a similar track record of clown like incompetence on the part of deniers.

This all ties in perfectly with the major topics of the board. The denial of science and doubling down on nonsense by partisans like you.

If anyone is interested I really like this site for monitoring the numbers. There are some nice bell curves forming in Italy and Spain.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

It's a nice site to cut through to the numbers each day if you don't like skimming news articles.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 06-04-2020 12:17
06-04-2020 17:15
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
Most States are reporting by county. It's easy to see the infection numbers are mostly coming from higher populations counties. No surprise, since the ratio is about the same.

There's numerous counties here in Wisconsin which haven't had a single confirmed case as of yet (those counties are all up north where there is very low population density). Most of our confirmed cases are in Milwaukee and Dane counties (the two most populous counties in the state).

I'm also weary of the "corona deaths" statistics (and not just China's, who is known to be outright lying about their numbers), since different States (and even the different counties within each State) are defining "corona death" differently. It makes a big difference whether a death definitely resulted from contracting the COVID-19 virus versus what is being dubbed as a "corona-related death". There was recently a headline which outright lied about the "first infant death from COVID-19", blaming it directly on COVID instead of the other health issues that the infant had (once you dig deeper into the article). I think that particular case was in Illinois.
06-04-2020 18:17
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote: I'm also weary of the "corona deaths" statistics (and not just China's, who is known to be outright lying about their numbers),...

"is known to be" by who? What is the motive for the fraud?

IBD said at one point that Italy was exaggerating, overstating, how many people died of Covid19 to cover up their egregious health care. I guess the logic being that someone died due to bad care and they were able to blame it on Covid-19? But of course he refused to explain himself:
IBdaMann wrote:...deaths in Italy yesterday due to abysmal medical capacity owing to Marxist socialized medicine ... and that those deaths were most likely caused by something other than COVID-19 ...
But then IBD claims that there is just nothing to it in genral:
IBdaMann wrote:Yes, the coronahoax is a hoax.

You're claiming that China is overstating or understating the deaths in China?

Do you have anything to support your argument?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
06-04-2020 19:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: I'm also weary of the "corona deaths" statistics (and not just China's, who is known to be outright lying about their numbers),...

"is known to be" by who? What is the motive for the fraud?

RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
IBD said at one point that Italy was exaggerating, overstating, how many people died of Covid19 to cover up their egregious health care.

He very well might be right.
tmiddles wrote:
I guess the logic being that someone died due to bad care and they were able to blame it on Covid-19? But of course he refused to explain himself:
IBdaMann wrote:...deaths in Italy yesterday due to abysmal medical capacity owing to Marxist socialized medicine ... and that those deaths were most likely caused by something other than COVID-19 ...

He already did. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
But then IBD claims that there is just nothing to it in genral:
IBdaMann wrote:Yes, the coronahoax is a hoax.

IBdaMann is correct. The coronoahoax is a hoax.
tmiddles wrote:
You're claiming that China is overstating or understating the deaths in China?

Do you have anything to support your argument?

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-04-2020 22:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Most States are reporting by county. It's easy to see the infection numbers are mostly coming from higher populations counties. No surprise, since the ratio is about the same.

There's numerous counties here in Wisconsin which haven't had a single confirmed case as of yet (those counties are all up north where there is very low population density). Most of our confirmed cases are in Milwaukee and Dane counties (the two most populous counties in the state).

I'm also weary of the "corona deaths" statistics (and not just China's, who is known to be outright lying about their numbers), since different States (and even the different counties within each State) are defining "corona death" differently. It makes a big difference whether a death definitely resulted from contracting the COVID-19 virus versus what is being dubbed as a "corona-related death". There was recently a headline which outright lied about the "first infant death from COVID-19", blaming it directly on COVID instead of the other health issues that the infant had (once you dig deeper into the article). I think that particular case was in Illinois.

What's started being pointed out is doctors telling people not to wear masks because they don't work. And not N95 masks bout other ones. Yet if you ever have surgery all medical personnel will be wearing a mask. And they wear them because they don't work. Yet the actual purpose of those masks is to reduce the possibility of the medical personnel in the operating room infecting the patient if they have a contagious virus or other infection.
Myself, I think doctors wanted people not to wear masks because they knew it would help spread Covid 19 and make them heroes. Could you imagine if everyone wore some type of mask and then carriers of Covid 19 couldn't cough or sneeze on other people or get as many of their germs in the air.
I think they should've said that first and then shutting down everything if that wasn't effective.
07-04-2020 02:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
In this article from Nfl.com, they say that the CDC is recommending that people wear some type of mask or facial covering.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108412/article/kiya-tomlin-sewing-masks-used-against-covid19
07-04-2020 06:01
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
The most important things people needed to focus on, were washing their filthy hands often, and quit touching their face. Masks would have be barely of any use, if people weren't practicing reasonable hygiene to begin with. Masks can reduce some spread, but not all of it. Would people put on a fresh mask, or just keep using the same contaminated one? After someone has been coughing or sneezing, maybe need to remove it to unload some snot, or phlegm, do the put on a clean mask, wash their hands, sanitize? Some might, but most probably not. Keeping your distance, and washing your hands often, are easy and effective.
07-04-2020 07:37
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The covid19 doesn't last that long. My guess is you can leave surfaces alone for a week and not have to clean the mask. They aren't meant to be reused though.
07-04-2020 18:28
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
The covid19 doesn't last that long. My guess is you can leave surfaces alone for a week and not have to clean the mask. They aren't meant to be reused though.

The have done a lot of studies on how long Covid-19 can survive on surfaces. On one of the infected cruise ships, they still detected RNA 17 days later. That wasn't Covid-19 specific testing though. A warm, moist surface general can serve host for a good while though. Labs are pretty much flooded with patient tests, so we aren't going to get much of an in depth study for a while.

Mask are a little expensive for most of the population to just throw out, each time they us one. Cloth mask could be washed, but doubtful, many will wash them, unless soiled. For most people, masks are just a 'feel good' measure.

Sort of surprised we aren't seeing people dressed in biohazard suits. I know some people got them for Halloween costumes in the past. Maybe saving them for when things get really bad.

Mostly, I tend to believe the numbers are biased, and a little hyped. The medical professionals want people to take this extremely seriously. I don't think the threat, is quite as bad as we are being lead to believe. Feels more like this is a trial run, just to see how prepared, and how well we could deal with a much more deadly virus. I don't believe it's a hoax, there is a virus spreading, it's just not quite as deadly as we are being lead to believe. The governments just decided it was good operatunity to see how well they could deal with a bioweapon attack. Maybe at first, coming out of China, they might have thought it was a weaponized virus, escaped. Thought maybe it best to treat it as such, until they learned otherwise.
08-04-2020 00:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

From what I've read, 4 days without a host. Viruses need sustenance like anything else. If there are no cells to mutate, it dies. If that's true, then placing a mask in a plastic baggie for 4 days should sterilize it. Even putting it in a microwave oven might do the trick.
It also seems like doctors want things to be expensive. This goes back to them telling people, don't wear gloves and masks like we do to prevent the spread of infection. If people can't spread it, then someone else can't get it.
Yet as Harvey says, a 3 month break for some at tax payer expense is acceptable. And a Republican is in the White House. Kind of why anymore I think America is a lost cause like ancient Rome. Rome's population fell rather quickly once it's fresh water supply couldn't sustain the population.

Please read #4;
https://romabyrachel.weebly.com/city-abandoned.html
Edited on 08-04-2020 00:08
08-04-2020 01:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And Harvey, as you said, if I think I can do desalination, I have to do it on my own because I need to prove myself to you. It would not be about Americans or people working together. It would be about demanding servitude.
And for anyone who can do basic math, it's an easy equation to both factor and calculate.
Some links for people to consider;

https://blogs.agu.org/waterunderground/2017/09/28/western-water-wells-going-dry/

NatGeo will want your email address, I gave them mine.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/03/burger-water-shortages-colorado-river-western-us/#close

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/gps-discovers-west-so-dry-its-rising-n186761

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/featured-images/national-climate-assessment-great-plains%E2%80%99-ogallala-aquifer-drying-out

Yet physics might allow for a simple answer. I mean how to move NaCl? That's the question. And some will say "I live in Kentucky like James does, we have plenty of water", so why should I care?
This one isn't very technical. It's basic electronics, mass and density. Simple enough to factor. But it's not taught in school. We have reverse osmosis, R.O.
Water for irrigation can have twice as much salt in it as drinking water. Common fact everyone knows. Plants and vegetation are simply more salt tolerant and all of you guys know this, why I won't bother mentioning it.

And there is this. My mother grew up without running water or electricity. She was an American from Berea, Kentucky, USA. It's a difficult life I wouldn't wish on anyone. I lived with my grandmother for a while. People deserve better.

https://www.navajowaterproject.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0eHzTKEMY
Edited on 08-04-2020 02:10
08-04-2020 02:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
With this, it's not a request. Palestinians deserve a life as well. UN Resolution 181 was about world peace. Is having water worth it? Such issues need to be addressed.

The Danish National Symphony;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo
Edited on 08-04-2020 03:26
08-04-2020 07:49
(3979)
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Intersting site. You can check by state.

08-04-2020 11:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Intersting site. You can check by state.

Some of it is data, some of it is conjecture. The data seems to track that of the CDC reported data.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-04-2020 07:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
If it's right.

The hospitalization numbers tell the tale. On Wednesday, New York's daily death count hit an all-time high: 799. But that reflects infections from weeks ago, before the state's lockdown started. The number of people testing positive stayed relatively flat.

Meanwhile, there were fewer new hospitalizations — just 200 — than on any day since March 18.

It wasn't a blip. The amount of new daily hospitalizations has been declining since last Thursday: from 1,427 on April 2 to 1,095 on April 3 to 656 on April 6 to 200 on April 8.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-one-data-point-that-suggests-both-new-york-and-california-are-getting-coronavirus-under-control-170216116.html
17-04-2020 21:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
We're up to 35,000+ deaths. At this rate we should be at 100,000 in another month. The 35,000 is basically 1 - 8 month long flu season. The question might be what is an acceptable number of deaths? Is 200,000 acceptable?
On March 31, there were 3,500 deaths. Is the approximately 2,000 per day increasing? Next week we'll know. Will it be over or under 50,000? It's almost like betting on sports, eh? And with whatever the number is on April 24th, it'll be easy to make a graph that will show the curves growth.
And who knows, maybe next week the number will be less than 50,000 or not trending upward. Kind of what I'll be basing my opinion on as to how serious this is. That's not the same as saying what an acceptable number of deaths is. Those are 2 different things.
Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate Contagion:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact