Remember me
▼ Content

Considering O2, N2, O3 absorb more than 99% of incoming shortwave radiation, which is far more powerful

Considering O2, N2, O3 absorb more than 99% of incoming shortwave radiation, which is far more powerful18-04-2019 16:52
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
than long wave radiation, what makes IPCC scientists think they are not greenhouse gases whereas CO2 is?
18-04-2019 19:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21598)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
than long wave radiation, what makes IPCC scientists think they are not greenhouse gases whereas CO2 is?

It is not about what is absorbed from incoming sunlight, it is about what is absorbed from light emitted from Earth. The so-called 'greenhouse effect' magickally creates extra energy by absorbing infrared light emitted by the Earth's surface (never mind the 1st law of thermodynamics). It then magickally warms the Earth's surface even further by radiating what it absorbed back toward the surface (never mind the 2nd law of thermodynamics). It thus magickally traps infrared light and keeps it from leaving Earth (never mind the Stefan-Boltzmann law).

Nitrogen, oxygen, and ozone do not absorb these frequencies of infrared, thus freeing them from all this magick.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Join the debate Considering O2, N2, O3 absorb more than 99% of incoming shortwave radiation, which is far more powerful:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Van Allen radiation belts and the Tropopause506-01-2024 23:46
Nitrate Reduction - Powerful Greenhouse Gas Emission AND Alkalinity10205-06-2023 13:19
Anyone explain how does N2 and O2 don't absorb electromagnetic radiation?4902-02-2023 01:23
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.62230-01-2023 04:40
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact