Remember me
▼ Content

conflicting rights

Page 1 of 212>
conflicting rights11-08-2020 21:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
1 - the right to not become infected by another person (sort of like the right to not be shot by another person).

2 - the right to not wear a protective mask.

Which is more harmful - the mask or the virus?
Answer - the virus.

Therefore, the right to not wear a mask is less important than the right to not become infected by another person.
11-08-2020 21:30
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:1 - the right to not become infected by another person

You can be infected by a virus but you can't become infected by a person.

keepit wrote: (sort of like the right to not be shot by another person).

Viruses don't come with metadata tags identifying the "FROM" person.

keepit wrote: 2 - the right to not wear a protective mask.

This one overrides.

keepit wrote: Which is more harmful - the mask or the virus?

The mask makes it hard to breathe. The coronahoax is a hoax.

Answer - the mask, obviously

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-08-2020 22:51
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Medical conditions prior to covid are a fact of life. It's a given and people will normally live a long time with them but not with them and covid.
11-08-2020 23:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:
1 - the right to not become infected by another person (sort of like the right to not be shot by another person).

No such right. Viruses and bacteria do not respect the law.
keepit wrote:

You have that right. Masks are good protection against dust and particulates, and it's a good idea to use them for this, but it is not required. Masks do not stop a virus.
keepit wrote:

Stupid question. They are both harmful.
Answer - the virus.[/quote]
False dichotomy fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Therefore, the right to not wear a mask is less important than the right to not become infected by another person.

It's not about importance. Masks do not stop a virus. You cannot be infected by a healthy person. 99.97% of the population does not have Covid19.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 11-08-2020 23:14
11-08-2020 23:16
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Medical conditions prior to covid are a fact of life. It's a given and people will normally live a long time with them but not with them and covid.

Covid19 does not make a significant difference here.
Compositional error fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-08-2020 01:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:

Answer - the virus.

If I'm not infectious, I shouldn't be obligated to wear a mask, anyway. Just because you are a feeble, basement-dwelling, hypochondriac, doesn't justify putting my health at risk, by reducing my oxygen intake. Had you been intelligent enough, to actually get an education, that would have prevented you from destroying your health, you probably wouldn't be crapping you pants, over potentially catching a cold.

I manage to avoid catching a cold, or flu, every year. And have for a long time. I don't have any health conditions, that make we crap my pants, when I hear a cough or sneeze. Basically, instead of taking personal responsibility over your own life, and health, you want to shift it off on everybody else, because you know that you are too damn weak, stupid, and ignorant, to do the job yourself. It's a wonder you managed to survive this long. You made stupid choices, all your life, and destroyed you body. Why not just finish the job? Destroying your life isn't good enough, you have to ruin it, for everyone else? Covid-19, isn't even the worst virus, that causes respiratory infection.
12-08-2020 02:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Do you ever get anything right Harvey?
12-08-2020 02:52
(14389)
keepit wrote:Do you ever get anything right Harvey?

Projecting again?

I noticed that once you finally got something right a few months ago, it didn't serve to motivate you get more things right. Sadly, it only served to accelerate the output of your errors.

You still have yet to be correct a second time. With anyone else it would immediately be understood as intentional dishonesty in pushing a political agenda, e.g. tgoebbles. You, on the other hand, are just stupid ... and bulveristic.

The short answer is that there is no amount of your paranoid hypochondria that will be sufficient to transform the coronahoax into being any sort of actual problem greater than any previous flu season.

Oh, and yes, you are still a loser ... and a whiner ... and a moron ... but don't let that stop you from pursuing that second correct thing.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-08-2020 11:24
(5196)
keepit wrote:

I get things right frequently, don't really keep score though. I do know, that it's only a small percentage of the population, that has problems with a mild respiratory infection, about 3%, mostly old people. These same people often have the same problems with other infections, and why they are encouraged to get a flu shot every year. I've seen nothing about Covid-19, that is going to freak-out, normal, healthy people. As a basement-dweller, you probably don't have anything better to do with what little you call a life, besides panic, everytime you read over-hyped headlines. Covid-19 hasn't been out long enough, to make any of those scary claims, with any sort of certainty, specially considering it's very rare for someone in perfect health to die from it. No way of know if any of them were actually in perfect health, or had some unknown, serious medical problem. Majority of 'victims' have be medical messes, like yourself, and it's going to take years of study, to sort through all their problems, and find common symptoms, that could only be the result of covid-19. Viruses seldom actually cause death, it's more the aggressive immune response, that does the lethal damage. Doesn't take much, in those already on the edge, and hanging on to life, by a few pills.
12-08-2020 11:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The thing is Harvey, that people do get older and people do have other diseases. The problem caused by covid is that it does shorten their life considerably. That's what makes it a terrible disease.
Also covid does kill perfectly healthy people and it does kill children and they do transmit the disease.
You almost sound like someone who would want ethnic cleansing and forced sterilization. Is that true?
12-08-2020 18:18
(14389)
keepit wrote:The thing is Harvey, that people do get older and people do have other diseases.

Why don't you push for it be illegal to get older and to have other diseases? It makes about as much sense as your bonehead attempt to assign blame for catching a virus.

What makes you a total moron is your refusal to accept the truth about facemasks, i.e. that they do not work on viruses; they don't even help. You live in a bizarre fantasy world in which facemasks nonetheless are somehow "the solution." You have become one of those maskholes who has a strange need to blame others for his MANY shortcomings ... and you have decided to make facemasks the fulcrum of your new delusion.

keepit wrote: The problem caused by covid is that it does shorten their life considerably.

Nope. That's your moronic fantasy world kicking in to embolden your attempts to blame other people for the fact that you are a sad sack of schit. If you are really that much of a burden on society then maybe it would be better for everyone if you were to check out. Did you ever think about how you being dead would not only put you out of your misery but would also put you out of billions of people's misery as well?

The best favor you can do for yourself and the world is to hang out with a crown of people who aren't wearing facemasks and to periodically take in deep breaths. Either you will end up kicking the bucket and making everyone happy (this won't happen) or nothing will happen and you will realize that it is all a hoax and you can feel safer and more relaxed.

You have the power to stop being a total loser.

keepit wrote: That's what makes it a terrible disease.

It's a hoax.

keepit wrote: Also covid does kill perfectly healthy people

Nope. Perfectly healthy people who get it don't even realize they have it, then they die from something else, e.g. falling off a ten-story building, and when the medical examiner discovers the virus in the deceased he annotates the death as being "with COVID" which then gets reported as a "COVID death" and gullible morons like yourself scream "See! COVID kills otherwise healthy people."

How do people like you become so stupid? Did you have to work at it or do you just have a natural talent for it?

12-08-2020 18:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Just another tirade IBD. Why do i get your goat so much?
12-08-2020 19:09
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
The thing is Harvey, that people do get older and people do have other diseases. The problem caused by covid is that it does shorten their life considerably. That's what makes it a terrible disease.

COVID does not shorten one's life.

keepit wrote:
Also covid does kill perfectly healthy people and it does kill children

COVID in and of itself does not kill people.

keepit wrote:
and they do transmit the disease.

They can't transmit a disease that they don't have.

keepit wrote:
You almost sound like someone who would want ethnic cleansing and forced sterilization. Is that true?

I think your question would be better directed towards Bill Gates...
12-08-2020 21:40
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Also covid does kill perfectly healthy people and it does kill children and they do transmit the disease.

Nobody knows how long they have to live, or how they are going to die, unless the speed things along themselves. Something like 1,400 babies get aborted everyday in America. Those babies didn't even get on day of living outside the womb. People die everyday, all ages, for many reasons. Nobody every really knows.

Ethnic cleansing? Where have I ever posted anything, with even a hint of racism? Norwegian isn't a race... Forced sterilization, well maybe... I do believe a serial sex offender, and repeat offenders, should have the entire organ removed, without anethstetic. Figure one time, might be questionable, but those not smart enough, to avoid the temptation, don't qualify to possess the tool. I'm not convinced that a woman, can rape a man. And most of the boys, were probably quite eager to learn. Better than learning on somebody's teen daughter, starting a family, before graduation...
12-08-2020 22:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
I believe your reply.
12-08-2020 22:14
(14389)
keepit wrote: Just another tirade IBD. Why do i get your goat so much?

I go through all the trouble to be very clear and thorough in explaining your problems to you and I don't even get a "thank you." Where are your manners?

12-08-2020 22:15
(21588)
keepit wrote:

Most of the time he does.

The Parrot Killer

12-08-2020 22:19
(21588)
keepit wrote:
The thing is Harvey, that people do get older and people do have other diseases.

Age is not a disease. It does not cause disease. Bigotry.
keepit wrote:
The problem caused by covid is that it does shorten their life considerably.

No, it doesn't.
keepit wrote:
That's what makes it a terrible disease.

Fear mongering.
keepit wrote:
Also covid does kill perfectly healthy people

Nope. They are infected. They are not healthy.
keepit wrote:
and it does kill children

Haven't seen a documented case yet. I've seen some wild claims, but that's all.
keepit wrote:
and they do transmit the disease.

Being of a young age does not transmit a disease.
keepit wrote:

No, you're just a bigot that is fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

12-08-2020 22:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBD,
Let me be clear - i don't value your opinion in any way.
12-08-2020 22:20
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Just another tirade IBD. Why do i get your goat so much?

Maybe your lying, your illiteracy, and your fear mongering have something to do with it.

The Parrot Killer

12-08-2020 22:21
(21588)
keepit wrote:
IBD,

Bulverism fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

12-08-2020 22:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
I see you and yours as not very smart either but "you don't get my goat".
12-08-2020 22:58
(3314)
keepit wrote:
IBD,

Are you under the impression that your continued expressal of this is going to stop him from posting replies to your comments?

If not, then why do you keep continuously expressing this? (I already know that the answer is because you are insane)...
13-08-2020 03:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Nobody knows how long they have to live, or how they are going to die, unless the speed things along themselves. Something like 1,400 babies get aborted everyday in America. Those babies didn't even get on day of living outside the womb. People die everyday, all ages, for many reasons. Nobody every really knows.

Ethnic cleansing? Where have I ever posted anything, with even a hint of racism? Norwegian isn't a race... Forced sterilization, well maybe... I do believe a serial sex offender, and repeat offenders, should have the entire organ removed, without anethstetic. Figure one time, might be questionable, but those not smart enough, to avoid the temptation, don't qualify to possess the tool. I'm not convinced that a woman, can rape a man. And most of the boys, were probably quite eager to learn. Better than learning on somebody's teen daughter, starting a family, before graduation...

Where have I ever posted anything, with even a hint of racism?

The Obama Train as a reference to public transportation.
Norwegian is an ethnicity. Wasn't Chris Bergen killed by his father-in-law for travelling to Florida (you live in Florida) and wishing him a Happy Birthday? And who goes straight to the back door?
Gratulerer med dagen sounds like what to an American? How does Gratulerer (growling) sound?
So you see Harvey, saying it's okay to kill anyone who has lived in Norway, you're keeping this alive.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/dad-accidentally-shoots-son-in-law-dead-after-he-jumped-out-of-bush-to-surprise-him-10862450/

Harvey, I know Americans are all about exploitation. Both McConnell and his wife are both rich because of their ties to China. Yet they are the most powerful couple in Washington, DC.
And if I can't be exploited, then I need to be afraid, right?
Edited on 13-08-2020 03:31
13-08-2020 03:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@Harvey55, notice how similar they are? Gratulerer (growling)
If you click on the speaker where it says "Gratulerer", how does that sound to you?
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03mI9LKKelPImEJxSkPmcxmzHw6xg%3A1597279770016&source=hp&ei=GY40X9ysO-SF9PwPv4GVkAU&q=translate+english+to+norwegian&oq=translate+english+to+norwegian&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECCMQJzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjoLCC4QsQMQxwEQowI6CAgAELEDEIMBOggILhCxAxCDAToICC4QxwEQowI6AgguOgUILhCxAzoFCAAQsQM6CAguEMcBEK8BOgoIABCxAxAUEIcCOggIABAWEAoQHlDRD1jKTGCaUGgAcAB4AIABiQGIAfATkgEEMjcuM5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwicna_q-pbrAhXkAp0JHb9ABVIQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

Why is it Americans are so afraid? They answer their doors with a gun in their hand.
14-08-2020 00:04
(21588)
keepit wrote:
ITN,

I wouldn't take your goat. I don't know where it's been or what you've done to it.

The Parrot Killer

14-08-2020 04:30
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

I wouldn't take your goat. I don't know where it's been or what you've done to it.

Why are his goat's rear feet in shepherd's boots?

14-08-2020 18:41
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
They're actually in your mind IBD. Really. Why is that?
14-08-2020 19:37
(14389)
keepit wrote:IBD, Let me be clear - i don't value your opinion in any way.

Of course you don't. You would learn something if you were to listen to me. You can't very well have that, can you?

Imagine if word got out that you got a second thing correct. People would gossip. "Is keepit going to make a habit of this?" You would just as soon nip that in the bud.

So, I can assure you that I am very cognizant of the fact that there is nothing I can say to get you to willfully become smarter.

14-08-2020 20:27
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:IBD, Let me be clear - i don't value your opinion in any way.

Of course you don't. You would learn something if you were to listen to me. You can't very well have that, can you?

Imagine if word got out that you got a second thing correct. People would gossip. "Is keepit going to make a habit of this?" You would just as soon nip that in the bud.

So, I can assure you that I am very cognizant of the fact that there is nothing I can say to get you to willfully become smarter.

keepit, gives us some insight, as to what to expect from Biden, if the DNC succeeds in stealing the election. Although, I tend to believe that Biden is going to make to election day. Him and Harris were on stage briefly yesterday, read their scripted statements. You could see the wheels turning, behind Joe's eyes. You could tell he wanted a quick sniff of hair, so badly. Probably the same look Hunter gives his crack pipe. He went back to the podium, just as she was about to start reading, thought he was going for a quick grope, but grabbed a pen or something instead.

I didn't get to see the live version, just the CNN version, so it was sanitized, best they could.
14-08-2020 20:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
I don't know what to expect. I can never pick presidential elections with any reliability. I always say, "Don't vote for politicians. It only encourages them."
I would like to see universal health care and better management of covid crisis. I think Trump is the right man to deal with china and NK, not much else though.
14-08-2020 21:51
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I don't know what to expect. I can never pick presidential elections with any reliability. I always say, "Don't vote for politicians. It only encourages them."
I would like to see universal health care and better management of covid crisis. I think Trump is the right man to deal with china and NK, not much else though.

What "covid crisis"??
14-08-2020 22:01
(14389)
keepit wrote: I think Trump is the right man to deal with china and NK, not much else though.

Is this based on your expertise in economics and law?

15-08-2020 17:50
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Trump is actually a great president, and under appreciated. He's not a career politician, and was only looking at 8 years in office. He would being doing well, whether or not he got elected in the first place, same goes for his re-election. No personal agenda, not even a strong party affiliation. He really does want to get America back on track. The career politicians are always worried about keeping their jobs. They have a party agenda to adhere to. Trump is trying to get America back on it's feet, productive, profitable, and stable, growing stronger. Democrats want to be the 'boss', and the American people, their employees. They believe it's their responsibility to give every 'employee' just what they need to do their 'job' (live). Democrats believe that as the 'boss', they need to set policy and procedure, for very aspect of the 'employee's' job, and work environment. Provide any perks and benefits, the deem necessary, to keep us happy, healthy, and productive. Trump, want's each American, to be their own boss, the government to have minimal impact on our lives, and only there to help and assist us, if needed. The federal government should be mainly focused on national issues, and dealing with other countries. Everything else should be handled on a local level, where the people who actually live in the state/city, do as they agree is best. Those that don't like the way it's done, are free to move to a place they find better suited. The bad idea places, would eventually need to change to better ways, or not have many people, businesses, or revenue. Utopia can not exist, if you have no means to pay for all the 'free stuff'. I prefer Trump, and the republican party, where it's not the focus to provide free stuff, just the freedom to earn what you want and need, and get to keep it. Rather than have it all taken, to be handed out as 'free stuff' to people, with little interest, or motivation, to work.
15-08-2020 20:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
Insults, hunches, conjecture, and now political spin.
16-08-2020 02:02
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Eloquently put Harvey.I heard a rumour he donates his salary as well.Keepit this thing that is wrong with you is not a small thing
16-08-2020 02:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Duncan,
I'm sure you have a point but what is it?
16-08-2020 02:55
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

In your case, you never grew up, or ever had to learn to take personal responsibility for anything. You always had someone to provide for you, fix your problems for you, do anything that was difficult for you to understand, beyond your pathetic physical limitations. Guessing, you lived with your parents, until 30-40 years old, until they could a arrange for you to marry a woman, who could afford to take care of your needs. You tend to expect everyone else to take of you. You expect the government to take the place of your parents. You never had to learn any other way.
16-08-2020 03:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Dream on Harvey.
16-08-2020 08:22
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

No insults, nor hunches, nor conjecture, nor any spin of any kind was in his post, liar.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate conflicting rights:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact