Remember me
▼ Content

coming cold winters

coming cold winters14-07-2017 02:47
RealityCheck
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
with the solar cycle approaching minimum the next few winters will likely be quite cold..

if that happens, expect more double speak from AGW alarmists, such as found here:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/01/john-holdren-video-polar-vortex/

which has this nice gem from John Holdren: "A growing body of evidence suggests that the kind of extreme cold being experienced by much of the United States as we speak is a pattern that we can expect to see with increasing frequency as global warming continues,"

there you have it folks... its that pesky warming making it colder...

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

When a PROPHET SPEAKS and his words DO NOT come to pass

"If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him" (Deut. 18:22).
14-07-2017 04:35
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I certainly hope Chief Litebeer will be along shortly to explain this phenomenon of the warming making it colder. It is quite entertaining.
14-07-2017 05:15
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"realitychucked" chugged: with the solar cycle approaching minimum the next few winters will likely be quite cold..

solar TSI has been languid for 50+ years, & low for 10+ years(including 3+ years of solar TSI low setting a 100 year record). For 15 years, AGW denier liar whiners have hollered that the ice age is returning. Yet..... for 390(+?) straight months, Earth temperatures have been over the 20th century average. AGW denier liar whiners can't celebrate till many months register below the 20th century average. Meanwhile:
May 1, 1979 sea ice VOLUME was ~ 32000 cubic kilometers. Average Arctic sea ice VOLUME for May 1, for the period 1980-89, was ~ 30,600 cubic kilometers. May 1, 2013 sea ice VOLUME was ~24,100 cubic kilometers, 6500 cubic kilometers less than the May 1 period for the 1980's. Present May 1, 2017 sea ice VOLUME is ~20,700 cubic kilometers, 9900 cubic kilometers less than the May 1 period for the 1980's.
June 1, 1979 Arctic sea ice VOLUME was ~ 30000 cubic kilometers. Average Arctic sea ice VOLUME for June 1, for the period 1980-89, was ~29,500 cubic kilometers. Present June 1, 2017 Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~18,000 cubic kilometers, ~ 11,500 cubic kilometers less than the June 1 period for the 1980's. June 1, 2017 Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~ 12,000 cubic kilometers LESS than that of the same date for 1979. The energy to melt such a VOLUME of ice is almost 37 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S.
Average Arctic sea ice VOLUME for July 1, for the period 1980-89, was ~ 24,700 cubic kilometers. Present July 1, 2017 sea ice VOLUME is ~12,100 cubic kilometers, 12,600 cubic kilometers less than the 1980-89 period for July 1. The excess AGW infra-red energy absorbed by 12,600 cubic kilometers of ice to melt it, is ~ 38+ times the yearly U.S. energy consumption.
Nice neat graph of Arctic sea ice, not of its square area, BUT of its time dependent VOLUME:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=95V9E%2bjf&id=4FC0BEEDAF541FE3EDF1A01694FDEE4CCC8A3E34&q=Arctic+Sea+Ice+Volume+Graph+feb+2017&simid=608038143506452087&selectedIndex=9&ajaxhist=0
Oh, yeah. One trillion tons of sea ice just undocked from the Antarctic to start its voyage to places unknown.... but mostly to somewhere to the north.
14-07-2017 05:34
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
NO! That is not entertaining much less informative. I highly doubt anyone reads any of this from the great Chief Copynpaste.

Please explain to us all EXACTLY HOW it gets so cold during all this AGW.
14-07-2017 10:03
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
You can bet money on this sort of thing, I'm certain your confidence in this coming cold spell will disappear if you have to put your hands in your pocket.
14-07-2017 20:47
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gassed & grizzled" gushes: explain to us all EXACTLY HOW it gets so cold during all this AGW.

Explain why "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gassed & grizzled" doesn't know the last three Earth years have been the warmest recorded. We ain't goin' back to any ice age.
Edited on 14-07-2017 20:48
15-07-2017 20:12
RealityCheck
☆☆☆☆☆
(28)
spot wrote:
You can bet money on this sort of thing, I'm certain your confidence in this coming cold spell will disappear if you have to put your hands in your pocket.

lol... well if ya put money on the IPCC forecasts you woulda lost your shirt already...

but yeah ill put up the princely sum of $5.00 (Canadian of course) that this coming winter will be below normal (read that as frigging COLD!) on the prairies.... any takers?

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

When a PROPHET SPEAKS and his words DO NOT come to pass

"If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him" (Deut. 18:22).
15-07-2017 20:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
RealityCheck wrote:
spot wrote:

lol... well if ya put money on the IPCC forecasts you woulda lost your shirt already...

but yeah ill put up the princely sum of $5.00 (Canadian of course) that this coming winter will be below normal (read that as frigging COLD!) on the prairies.... any takers?

Sounds like you're starting your midwest betting pool early this year.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-07-2017 21:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
RealityCheck wrote:
...but yeah ill put up the princely sum of $5.00 (Canadian of course) that this coming winter will be below normal (read that as frigging COLD!) on the prairies.... any takers?

I'll back that bet with another $5.....US dollars. And I promise to use a mercury bulb and not a digital. That way no "major adjustment" can be made in my favor.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
15-07-2017 23:43
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
RealityCheck wrote:
with the solar cycle approaching minimum the next few winters will likely be quite cold..

if that happens, expect more double speak from AGW alarmists, such as found here:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/01/john-holdren-video-polar-vortex/

which has this nice gem from John Holdren: "A growing body of evidence suggests that the kind of extreme cold being experienced by much of the United States as we speak is a pattern that we can expect to see with increasing frequency as global warming continues,"

there you have it folks... its that pesky warming making it colder...

And presently the Earth is at the three stage Milankovitch Cycle maximum. Over the next decade this will start reducing and the solar weight on the northern hemisphere will ease and temperatures will drop slowly but surely.
16-07-2017 08:40
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"realitychucked" chugged:... this coming winter will be below normal (read that as frigging COLD!) on the prairies.... any takers?

Not the same, but I'll bet a much bigger cold spell will NOT drive Earth temperatures below the 20th century average this year or next year. As the future years approach, we should be able to continue this bet.
17-07-2017 00:00
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: I'll bet a much bigger cold spell will NOT drive Earth temperatures below the 20th century average this year or next year. As the future years approach, we should be able to continue this bet.

Its unlikely that AGW denier liar whiners could continue this bet, tho. As AGW denier liar whiners lost bets on a continuing basis, they would go broke..... unless they switched betting on dropping temperatures & started betting on rising temperatures. However, then there would be no one to cover bets on dropping temperatures. Yeah.... AGW denier liar whiners....... a dying breed.
REMEMBER: a thousand thousand thousand thousand ton chunk of ice just broke off Antarctica..... to join the dozen (more?) huge Antarctic icebergs in the last 20+ years.

Join the debate coming cold winters:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
Climate overview: erratic polar vortex - cold anomalies over the US and Europe video!!!122-04-2021 20:44
New York residents urged to take precautions to stay warm in the extreme cold1327-02-2021 02:42
Why is it so cold? In ten more years Americans will be begging for global warming3219-02-2021 21:32
Cold beer2209-02-2021 17:12
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact