Remember me
▼ Content

Coal Is Still King

Coal Is Still King27-03-2019 01:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/26/climate-change-coal-still-king-global-carbon-emissions-soar/3276401002/
27-03-2019 22:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
James___ wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/26/climate-change-coal-still-king-global-carbon-emissions-soar/3276401002/

James__, the article seems to be devoid of any meaningful point. What was the key part that motivated you to post it?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-03-2019 22:42
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Coal is rock that burns.
05-04-2019 23:25
gadianddeborahslade
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
https://e360.yale.edu/features/from-canadian-coal-mines-toxic-pollution-that-knows-no-borders
06-04-2019 00:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gadianddeborahslade wrote:
https://e360.yale.edu/features/from-canadian-coal-mines-toxic-pollution-that-knows-no-borders

That's disturbing. I did take the time to read it. This is one problem with an overpopulated world. The need for cheap resources could significantly harm our quality of life.
One of the reasons why I started this thread is that it might be possible to clean up coal. And what people need to be aware of is it's negative impact on our environment.
They've done mountain top removal in Kentucky and from what I understand, the land isn't always reclaimed so it's a part of the ecological system again. Coal mining companies are required to pay into a fund for this purpose but from what I've read it has largely gone unused.
Just to let you know, saying environmentalism in here is worse than saying global warming.
Edited on 06-04-2019 00:28
06-04-2019 01:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)

That is what is known as "here-say evidence". Firstly there isn't the slightest evidence beyond one man's opinion that deformed fish are increasing. Secondly, in case you missed it, selenium is a naturally occurring element in the Earth. It could be coming from any number of places on a watershed. Just as cliffs along beaches wear away and fall into the oceans, you are claiming the same thing as the landholders that want to sue the oil companies for causing "rising sea levels" from causing natural erosion. Thirdly and more importantly - THINKING that these malformities are caused by selenium is FAR different than knowing it.

One of the latest research papers I read suggests that the nerves of the stomach go straight to the brain and that it is theorized that eating the wrong thing can irritate the stomach or intestines and cause a form of brain cancer. Try wrapping your head around that as people are saying how Trump is crazy for saying the sound off of windmills causes cancer. Supersonic and subsonic waves are known to have a strong effect on the digestive track of Homo Sapiens.
06-04-2019 01:57
(14366)
Wake wrote:

That is what is known as "here-say evidence". Firstly there isn't the slightest evidence beyond one man's opinion that deformed fish are increasing. Secondly, in case you missed it, selenium is a naturally occurring element in the Earth. It could be coming from any number of places on a watershed. Just as cliffs along beaches wear away and fall into the oceans, you are claiming the same thing as the landholders that want to sue the oil companies for causing "rising sea levels" from causing natural erosion. Thirdly and more importantly - THINKING that these malformities are caused by selenium is FAR different than knowing it.

Well said Wake.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-04-2019 03:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)

See what I mean by they hate environmentalists in here?
And to think that they said that Neanderthals went extinct. I don't think so.
06-04-2019 04:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Wake wrote:

One of the latest research papers I read suggests that the nerves of the stomach go straight to the brain and that it is theorized that eating the wrong thing can irritate the stomach or intestines and cause a form of brain cancer. Try wrapping your head around that as people are saying how Trump is crazy for saying the sound off of windmills causes cancer. Supersonic and subsonic waves are known to have a strong effect on the digestive track of Homo Sapiens.

Nobody gets rich by spending their own money... The trick, is to get other people in spending their money, the way you want, while collecting a small fee. A lot of these environmental issues are BS, interesting articles, to get people to spend money on them, while the dreamers/greeners collect their fees.

I don't believe Trump is crazy, maybe a little lazy. He's a little gullible, in that when he reads, hears, or sees something, from what should be a reliable source, he instantly takes it at face value, and true. Later, he often finds, that it's 'fake-news'. In my younger years, you could journalism was objective, about facts and truth, had some integrity, and could be believed. Now days, it's biased, and usually some purpose is involved, beyond the facts. They pick through the details, omit many important pieces, to advance the agenda. Usually need to check the same story, written by different sources, to get most of the details, and a more correct picture. It's a lot of work, and redundancy, which most only go through, if the story is of great interest, or a slow news day.

Unfortunately, too many people don't really want the facts, the full story, they want entertainment, the suspense, the drama, shock and disgust. News outlets write what sells, they have bills and a payroll to meet. They produce, what their sponsors support, and audience wants.

Mutations happen all the time, most don't survive, few can reproduce. Been many stories through the years, of unusual critters caught, and whatever eyesore nearby gets the blame for producing the monstrosity. Nuclear power plants use to be blamed for all kinds of things, although no radioactive crap was ever spilled into the environment. Makes for interesting reading, gets folks fired up, opens up those wallets. Plenty of research dollars, lawyers and bogus lawsuits, needless cleanups and modifications.
06-04-2019 17:45
(14366)
James___ wrote:See what I mean by they hate environmentalists in here?

No, I don't see what you mean.

It seems that you equate a differing opinion with hatred towards you.

06-04-2019 18:30
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:

See what I mean by they hate environmentalists in here?
And to think that they said that Neanderthals went extinct. I don't think so.

What gives you the idea that you are an "environmentalist"? Because you think you are? Because you will accept any claim, true or false, that somehow man is injuring his environment?

The real problem is that people like you are little more than little children with more belief than scientific understanding.

Please stop blaming others for your own lack of education.
07-04-2019 01:04
(14366)
Wake wrote:What gives you the idea that you are an "environmentalist"? Because you think you are? Because you will accept any claim, true or false, that somehow man is injuring his environment?

The real problem is that people like you are little more than little children with more belief than scientific understanding.

Please stop blaming others for your own lack of education.

You are starting to sound just like me. Don't be surprised if someone starts implying that you are my sock.

Join the debate Coal Is Still King:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Coal use climbs worldwide despite promises to slash it106-04-2023 08:21
B-17 and Bell King Cobra collided at Dallas air show today. Story at 11013-11-2022 01:38
LOL the new king of England never learned how pens work. Most inbred people have this very same problem014-09-2022 21:13
How stupid is the new king of england as he is letting a Mercedes drive his mother to the dump012-09-2022 17:19
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact