Remember me
▼ Content

CO2 ocean uptake



Page 7 of 8<<<5678>
18-02-2021 03:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8621)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
If you consider atoms to be fields rather than particles you'll understand better.

Just for laughs, as what kind of fields should gfm7175 consider atoms? Rugby fields? Fields of dreams? Left field? Field of study? Form field? What?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-02-2021 07:50
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3189)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:
gfm,
If you consider atoms to be fields rather than particles you'll understand better.

Just for laughs, as what kind of fields should gfm7175 consider atoms? Rugby fields? Fields of dreams? Left field? Field of study? Form field? What?

.


Strawberry fields, forever... Fields of dreams. Battle fields. Magnetic fields. Force fields. Drain fields. Hay fields. W.C. Fields. Sally Fields.
18-02-2021 16:37
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
If you consider atoms to be fields rather than particles you'll understand better.

Oh fun... atoms are fields now...

Let's see, so hydrogen is in left field and helium is in right field... Cobalt is in center field. When Jimmy rushed towards the cobalt, he breathed in too much of it and tipped over dead from cobalt poisoning. Jimmy's tipping over towards left field obviously means that hydrogen is smaller than helium, because if something has more mass than something else, it is most definitely going to be bigger than that something else.

This is settled science, as studies show, and 97% of the most renowned chemists have come to a consensus, and have published their findings in a peer reviewed scientific journal.

Thank you keepit. I think I understand now...
Edited on 18-02-2021 16:48
18-02-2021 16:45
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★★
(2018)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
gfm,
If you consider atoms to be fields rather than particles you'll understand better.

Oh fun... atoms are fields now...

Let's see, so hydrogen is in left field and helium is in right field... Cobalt is in center field. When Jimmy rushed towards the cobalt, he breathed in too much of it and tipped over dead from cobalt poisoning. Jimmy's tipping over towards left field obviously shows that hydrogen is smaller than helium, since something having a larger mass also means that it most definitely is bigger.

This is settled science, as studies show, and 97% of the most renowned chemists have come to a consensus, and have published their findings in a peer reviewed scientific journal.

Thank you keepit. I think I understand now...


Back off guys. Keepit simply meant that atoms are a field of scientific study.


Showing up with a gun at all is just weird and gross.--tmiddles
18-02-2021 16:55
James___
★★★★★
(4152)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
You keep telling yourself that gfm.

Harvey, Try to understand the difference between precautions and fear. It's subtle i know. I could give you examples but i want you to figure it out for yourself.


I'd be up for an example or two...

I'm just not grasping the difference you claim is so subtle. Can you name any precautions you took that were not a result of fear?



While serving in the US Navy, I went to firefighting school 3 times. It wasn't out of fear that the US Navy trains people who work in engine rooms to fight fires. It was a precaution.
When working with and around boilers, DFM is used and if a pipe leaks (it's joint, etc.) then a fire could occur outside of the firebox of the boiler. This was understanding a potential hazard and not because we feared it.
With this fire on board the USS Ranger, I had actually transferred off of that ship.
I wanted dry dock experience which I thought would help me to have usable job skills after being Honorably discharged.
When I was in dry dock on board the USS Kitty Hawk, a system using Halon 1301 which is known as AFFF was installed. The USS Ranger did not have that system.
That is why it was as bad as it was.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1983/11/02/six-men-killed-in-fire-on-aircraft-carrier/7b146879-06b5-43dd-9785-3f0fd5e2b20c/

The fire actually burned a hole into the bulkhead between the engine room and the auxiliary room next to it. The auxiliary room is where they use steam and a 5 stage flash type desalination system to make potable water.
And with fires in an engine room, while serving on board the USS Kitty Hawk, we had a fuel oil leak from a feed pump. I told one E-5 that I was just getting to light up a cigarette and had stopped another ship mate who from lighting up who had a cigarette in his hand.
The E-5 then had it announced that the smoking lamp was out. And with the USS Ranger, when fuel oil leaked into the bilges, someone might've thought, guess I'll have a smoke. And that could light the fumes from the DFM spill into the bilges.
For some reason as part of the protocol to deal with a fuel oil leak in an engine room, announcing the smoking lamp is out wasn't a part of it. This might be because smoking has nothing to do with physically responding to the fuel oil spill.
Edited on 18-02-2021 17:08
18-02-2021 17:21
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
gfm,
If you consider atoms to be fields rather than particles you'll understand better.

Oh fun... atoms are fields now...

Let's see, so hydrogen is in left field and helium is in right field... Cobalt is in center field. When Jimmy rushed towards the cobalt, he breathed in too much of it and tipped over dead from cobalt poisoning. Jimmy's tipping over towards left field obviously shows that hydrogen is smaller than helium, since something having a larger mass also means that it most definitely is bigger.

This is settled science, as studies show, and 97% of the most renowned chemists have come to a consensus, and have published their findings in a peer reviewed scientific journal.

Thank you keepit. I think I understand now...


Back off guys. Keepit simply meant that atoms are a field of scientific study.

I don't think even keepit knows what keepit meant. Oh crap, why did I type out such a response to him? I should've just whined about semantics...
18-02-2021 18:37
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
All this rant from a person that thinks 2 atoms is smaller than one (one who thinks helium is smaller than hydrogen).
Edited on 18-02-2021 19:06
18-02-2021 19:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8621)
keepit wrote:All this rant from a person that thinks 2 atoms is smaller than one (one who thinks helium is smaller than hydrogen).

All this gibberish from someone who thinks "bigger" = "smaller"

What's next? Printing dollars doesn't increase the number of dollars? Ooops, you've already done that one, so what is next?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-02-2021 19:52
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
keepit wrote:
All this rant from a person that thinks 2 atoms is smaller than one (one who thinks helium is smaller than hydrogen).

Two atoms is more than one atom.

Helium IS smaller than hydrogen, even though helium happens to have more mass than hydrogen has.

Have you ever seen a very short but very morbidly obese person standing next to a very tall but rather skinny person? It is indeed possible for the first person to be 5'2" and weigh 350lbs meanwhile the second person is 6'7" but only weighs 220lbs... So, while the second person is larger than the first person, the first person has more mass than the second person.
18-02-2021 20:22
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★★
(2018)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:All this rant from a person that thinks 2 atoms is smaller than one (one who thinks helium is smaller than hydrogen).

All this gibberish from someone who thinks "bigger" = "smaller"

What's next? Printing dollars doesn't increase the number of dollars? Ooops, you've already done that one, so what is next?

.


Does posting the same line twice increase the number of posts?
. It didn't go over my head IBD!


Showing up with a gun at all is just weird and gross.--tmiddles
18-02-2021 22:05
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
gfm,
Hydrogen is a proton and an electron. Helium is 2 protons and tow electron. Some versions have neutrons along. Being fermions the protons can't sit on top of each other so 2 of them is larger and also has more mass. If you include isotopes that have neutrons it changes the picture but the basic principle doesn't change. A proton has a field, a gravitational field and an electric field. Also the quarks have fields. It gets incredibly complicated but the general principle isn't. 2 protons take up more space than one and 2 protons have more mass than one.
18-02-2021 22:52
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
Hydrogen is a proton and an electron. Helium is 2 protons and tow electron. Some versions have neutrons along. Being fermions the protons can't sit on top of each other so 2 of them is larger and also has more mass. If you include isotopes that have neutrons it changes the picture but the basic principle doesn't change. A proton has a field, a gravitational field and an electric field. Also the quarks have fields. It gets incredibly complicated but the general principle isn't. 2 protons take up more space than one and 2 protons have more mass than one.

The atomic radius of helium is less than the atomic radius of hydrogen. Helium is smaller.
18-02-2021 23:05
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
Without neutrons that can't be possible. There are isotopes to consider.
19-02-2021 01:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8621)
keepit wrote: Without neutrons that can't be possible. There are isotopes to consider.

Nope. You are wrong ... again.

You should be tightening your clamp a bit.


.
Attached image:

19-02-2021 01:59
James___
★★★★★
(4152)
gfm7175 wrote:

The atomic radius of helium is less than the atomic radius of hydrogen. Helium is smaller.



Who cares? That's something anyone can look up online. You don't think heat is energy because of philosophy. You only consider the definition and not it's application. Nothing but Word Crimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
19-02-2021 02:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8621)
James___ wrote: You don't think heat is energy because of philosophy.

Nope, gfm7175 recognizes that Joules and Watts are incompatible units of measure.

Energy is measured in Joules while a flow of energy is measured in Watts.

A flow of energy is a flow, not energy just like river water is not the same thing as the river's current.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2021 18:34
James___
★★★★★
(4152)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: You don't think heat is energy because of philosophy.

Nope, gfm7175 recognizes that Joules and Watts are incompatible units of measure.

Energy is measured in Joules while a flow of energy is measured in Watts.

A flow of energy is a flow, not energy just like river water is not the same thing as the river's current.

.



a flow of energy is measured in Watts


And yet they're converting joules/second into watts. I think joules for 1 second demonstrates a flow. And that a "watt" is a simpler way to say it. Could you imagine going to the store and looking for an 1100 joules per second or 1100 j/s microwave oven? People can relate to a watt easier than they can j/s.
It's as you've said before, watts is associated with power while joules/second is associated, well you didn't say it but a flow of energy. And if you said 1100 j/s of power, doesn't sound right. But to say 1100 watts of power, now you're cookin' Baby

Edited on 19-02-2021 18:35
19-02-2021 19:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
If you consider atoms to be fields rather than particles you'll understand better.

Atoms are not fields.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
19-02-2021 19:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
That's just a bunch of rationalization. You combine precautions with fantasy and call it fear.


Precautions are not fear.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
19-02-2021 19:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
keepit wrote:
All this rant from a person that thinks 2 atoms is smaller than one (one who thinks helium is smaller than hydrogen).

Helium is not two atoms.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
19-02-2021 19:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
Hydrogen is a proton and an electron. Helium is 2 protons and tow electron.

So?
keepit wrote:
Some versions have neutrons along. Being fermions the protons can't sit on top of each other so 2 of them is larger and also has more mass.

Irrelevant.
keepit wrote:
If you include isotopes that have neutrons it changes the picture but the basic principle doesn't change.

Irrelevant. You have not stated any principles. Void argument fallacy.
keepit wrote:
A proton has a field, a gravitational field and an electric field. Also the quarks have fields. It gets incredibly complicated but the general principle isn't. 2 protons take up more space than one and 2 protons have more mass than one.

Nope. They don't. Helium is a smaller atom than the hydrogen atom.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
19-02-2021 19:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
keepit wrote:
Without neutrons that can't be possible. There are isotopes to consider.


Pivot fallacy. Strawman fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
19-02-2021 19:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

The atomic radius of helium is less than the atomic radius of hydrogen. Helium is smaller.



Who cares? That's something anyone can look up online. You don't think heat is energy because of philosophy. You only consider the definition and not it's application. Nothing but Word Crimes.

Semantics fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
19-02-2021 20:11
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
Understanding figures of speech helps one learn.
19-02-2021 21:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
keepit wrote:
Understanding figures of speech helps one learn.

Whoa there buddy, let's not get ahead of ourselves!

First, one needs to be able to adequately read and comprehend the English language. I would recommend that you start with that before moving on to figures of speech.
20-02-2021 02:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3189)
keepit wrote:
Understanding figures of speech helps one learn.


Figures of speech, are generally 'buzzwords', and 'catch phrases'. Neither are usually of any value.

Some atoms, are never found in nature as singles, they are always in pairs, or attached to something else. Helium is a single. Hydrogen, is always found as H2.
20-02-2021 02:43
James___
★★★★★
(4152)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

The atomic radius of helium is less than the atomic radius of hydrogen. Helium is smaller.



Who cares? That's something anyone can look up online. You don't think heat is energy because of philosophy. You only consider the definition and not it's application. Nothing but Word Crimes.

Semantics fallacy.



Et Tu Parrot, really? So someone found some useless information online. And that means they know what? From gfm's post he didn't seem to know that helium has 2 protons and 2 neutrons in its nucleus. I mean it's actually 2/2He which represents 2 protons and 2 neutrons. The periodic table numbers elements by the number of electrons that they have.
Am just not sure how a person would miss that. There is a reason for that. The difference between a proton and a neutron is the number of quarks they have. Basic knowledge. A proton has 11 quarks while a neutron has 12.
Quark is also a character on Star Trek Deep Space 9 or just DS9. With nuclei, when a proton absorbs it's electron as with a hydrogen atom, it becomes a neutron. And this means that if a neutron emits a quark, it becomes a hydrogen atom.
I find it meaningless if keepit isn't familiar with atomic physics. Between you, Harvey and gfm, just no room to talk.
Attached image:


Edited on 20-02-2021 03:03
20-02-2021 16:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
keepit wrote:
Understanding figures of speech helps one learn.

Void argument fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
20-02-2021 16:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

The atomic radius of helium is less than the atomic radius of hydrogen. Helium is smaller.



Who cares? That's something anyone can look up online. You don't think heat is energy because of philosophy. You only consider the definition and not it's application. Nothing but Word Crimes.

Semantics fallacy.



Et Tu Parrot, really? So someone found some useless information online. And that means they know what? From gfm's post he didn't seem to know that helium has 2 protons and 2 neutrons in its nucleus. I mean it's actually 2/2He which represents 2 protons and 2 neutrons. The periodic table numbers elements by the number of electrons that they have.
Am just not sure how a person would miss that. There is a reason for that. The difference between a proton and a neutron is the number of quarks they have. Basic knowledge. A proton has 11 quarks while a neutron has 12.


Both a proton and a neutron have 3 quarks.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
21-02-2021 11:59
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
The radius of the helium atom is smaller than the hydrogen atom if you consider the radius of the electron shell. The reason being that helium has a fuilled electron shell and hydrogen doesn't. Filled shells (He) have a smaller radius than unfilled shells (H). That radius measurement is a legitimate way to measure but mass is also a legitimate measurement. Take your pick.
21-02-2021 18:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8621)
keepit wrote:
The radius of the helium atom is smaller than the hydrogen atom if you consider the radius of the electron shell. The reason being that helium has a fuilled electron shell and hydrogen doesn't. Filled shells (He) have a smaller radius than unfilled shells (H). That radius measurement is a legitimate way to measure but mass is also a legitimate measurement. Take your pick.

You have just shifted goalposts again.

The discussion was not about how atoms can be measured. The discussion specifically centered on the word "smaller, i.e size. Your post above indicates that your initial response should have been " Yes Into the Night, you are correct, helium atoms are the smallest atoms, not hydrogen atoms as I had stated. Thank you. Good catch" instead of doubling down on stupid and ultimately dishonestly shifting goalposts and hoping no one notices.




p.s. it was noticed, btw.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-02-2021 19:22
James___
★★★★★
(4152)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:
The radius of the helium atom is smaller than the hydrogen atom if you consider the radius of the electron shell. The reason being that helium has a fuilled electron shell and hydrogen doesn't. Filled shells (He) have a smaller radius than unfilled shells (H). That radius measurement is a legitimate way to measure but mass is also a legitimate measurement. Take your pick.

You have just shifted goalposts again.

The discussion was not about how atoms can be measured. The discussion specifically centered on the word "smaller, i.e size. Your post above indicates that your initial response should have been " Yes Into the Night, you are correct, helium atoms are the smallest atoms, not hydrogen atoms as I had stated. Thank you. Good catch" instead of doubling down on stupid and ultimately dishonestly shifting goalposts and hoping no one notices.




p.s. it was noticed, btw.


.



The hydrogen atom is the smallest when going by mass. When discussing the periodic elemental table, the smallest would refer to mass and electrons. Saying the diameter of the shell isn't normally consider because the properties of an atom are more important. What you and ITN have been engaged is merely clever word play. Which atom is listed first? It's the hydrogen atom because it's properties make it the smallest element as it only has one electron and a total of 1 proton and 0 neutrons combined in its nucleus.
The only thing a helium atom demonstrates is that atoms become denser when the number of nuclei in the nucleus increases.
21-02-2021 19:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
keepit wrote:
The radius of the helium atom is smaller than the hydrogen atom if you consider the radius of the electron shell. The reason being that helium has a fuilled electron shell and hydrogen doesn't. Filled shells (He) have a smaller radius than unfilled shells (H). That radius measurement is a legitimate way to measure but mass is also a legitimate measurement. Take your pick.

Denial of quantum mechanics. Electrons are not in 'shells'. They may exist anywhere in a cloud of probability based on their attraction to a proton and their own momentum their own repulsion, and their own 'spin' as the boundaries, using a paired randR.

You are using the old Bohr model of the atom, which is no longer used in science.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
21-02-2021 19:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15047)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:
The radius of the helium atom is smaller than the hydrogen atom if you consider the radius of the electron shell. The reason being that helium has a fuilled electron shell and hydrogen doesn't. Filled shells (He) have a smaller radius than unfilled shells (H). That radius measurement is a legitimate way to measure but mass is also a legitimate measurement. Take your pick.

You have just shifted goalposts again.

The discussion was not about how atoms can be measured. The discussion specifically centered on the word "smaller, i.e size. Your post above indicates that your initial response should have been " Yes Into the Night, you are correct, helium atoms are the smallest atoms, not hydrogen atoms as I had stated. Thank you. Good catch" instead of doubling down on stupid and ultimately dishonestly shifting goalposts and hoping no one notices.




p.s. it was noticed, btw.


.



The hydrogen atom is the smallest when going by mass.

Weight is not a size or a diameter.
James___ wrote:
When discussing the periodic elemental table, the smallest would refer to mass and electrons. Saying the diameter of the shell isn't normally consider because the properties of an atom are more important. What you and ITN have been engaged is merely clever word play. Which atom is listed first? It's the hydrogen atom because it's properties make it the smallest element as it only has one electron and a total of 1 proton and 0 neutrons combined in its nucleus.

Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself.
James___ wrote:
The only thing a helium atom demonstrates is that atoms become denser when the number of nuclei in the nucleus increases.

Atoms do not have a density.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
21-02-2021 19:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8621)
James___ wrote: The radius of the helium atom is smaller than the hydrogen atom if you consider the radius of the electron shell.

This is the only measure of an atom's SIZE.

Mass is the only measure of an atom's MASS.

Mass is not a measure of size. It's how the English language works. No one would ever say that this ruggedized military power generator is somehow bigger than a bouncy castle:







p.s. Guess which one has more mass.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-02-2021 20:06
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
ibd.
ITN was correct about diameter. There is the mass and weight issue but i won't BELABOR the point.
21-02-2021 20:10
James___
★★★★★
(4152)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: The radius of the helium atom is smaller than the hydrogen atom if you consider the radius of the electron shell.

This is the only measure of an atom's SIZE.

Mass is the only measure of an atom's MASS.

Mass is not a measure of size. It's how the English language works. No one would ever say that this ruggedized military power generator is somehow bigger than a bouncy castle:







p.s. Guess which one has more mass.


.



The reason the hydrogen atom is considered as the smallest element is because it possesses the least amount of energy. What allows it to be useful for hydrogen cells is that it easily gives up its electron when it forms a covalent bond with the oxygen element.
To argue over the size of its shell is going away from science and it becomes more political. But then you, ITN, Harvey etc. like GFM said, what can we add to politplex to support the views that you guys have? This is why debating/discussing things in here might be a waste of time. It's just too political.
An example is that while Trump is your guys God, Sen. McConnell said he is responsible for the capitol riots and should be prosecuted for his crimes as a civilian.
Back to the hydrogen atom, it's called the smallest because it has only 1 nuclei in its nucleus. To say that only aspect of a hydrogen atom defines it is an insult in science.
21-02-2021 20:23
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
itn,
"Shell" is just a figure of speech. They didn't teach you about figures of speech.
They were too busy rapping your knuckles about grammar
21-02-2021 21:08
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3189)
The periodic table was developed as a quick, handy reference for chemists, where all the most frequently needed information is on a simple chart. Works great, if you are mixing up magical elixirs, but really was never intended for philosophical debates.

Make your own chart, if you want different information handy, for your philosophical experiments. The periodic table works fine, for the purpose it was designed for.
21-02-2021 21:52
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
James,
ibd has hurled so many insults that by now his insults are only an insult to his own personal quality.
Page 7 of 8<<<5678>





Join the debate CO2 ocean uptake:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
CO2 monitors can help prevent the spread of COVID-19, experts say1524-02-2021 18:04
could we slow co2 release in enviornment by engineering a virus to kill wood eating bacteria?1719-02-2021 19:06
Can CO2 capture be a starter for geothermal energy?2017-02-2021 01:49
The truth about CO2 is that without it you would be dead3207-02-2021 21:44
The Atlantic Ocean Is Growing2530-01-2021 03:11
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact