Remember me
▼ Content

CO2 finally gets credit for unleashing hell on Earth

CO2 finally gets credit for unleashing hell on Earth15-01-2020 06:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Why I read this crap, I do not know.

Forget all the errors in the article, just wondering if this was even realistic.

How many Hiroshima bombs would it take to raise the ocean temps 1 degree?

For CO2 not being a source of energy, well, that's a lot of energy!

https://futurism.com/scientists-ocean-warming-rate-five-a-bombs-per-second

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
15-01-2020 06:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Forget all the errors in the article, just wondering if this was even realistic.

I'm still trying to figure out why you read this crap.

The overall answer is that it is crap. CO2 does not create even a small amount of energy.

I'm imagining a world in which bizarre air currents channel all of the atmospheric CO2 to Japan ... and the US says "Hey, don't look at us, we only dropped two on you, not five." Then spot decries capitalism as being responsible for destruction.

... or you can just not read the crap in the first place.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-01-2020 07:00
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Think maybe you missed my real question. Everyone here knows that kind of math is way above my pay grade, I was just wondering if 3.6 billion Hiroshima size bombs was a insanely high number. Seems we could hard boil eggs pretty quick with that much atomic energy. Is it even calculable?

To be clear, CO2 has NOTHING to do with the temperature of the ocean, which is unknown, rising, steady or falling.
15-01-2020 07:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Think maybe you missed my real question. Everyone here knows that kind of math is way above my pay grade, I was just wondering if 3.6 billion Hiroshima size bombs was a insanely high number. Seems we could hard boil eggs pretty quick with that much atomic energy. Is it even calculable?

To be clear, CO2 has NOTHING to do with the temperature of the ocean, which is unknown, rising, steady or falling.

Frankly, I think this is the perfect kind of question for xkcd. He likes to answer crazy physics questions like this.

See his 'what if' section at xkcd.com

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-01-2020 18:30
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

The overall answer is that it is crap. CO2 does not create even a small amount of energy.

I'm imagining a world in which bizarre air currents channel all of the atmospheric CO2 to Japan ... and the US says "Hey, don't look at us, we only dropped two on you, not five." Then spot decries capitalism as being responsible for destruction.

This is the option that I chose once I saw that moronic headline.
15-01-2020 19:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

OK, so I had a few drinks last night. Nice website suggestion ITN. That might be worse than the article I posted up!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
15-01-2020 19:15
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
That kind of language ("A-bombs") does get people excited and it instills fear into them (if they don't know any better), which I suppose is the point. Gotta keep the Church members irrationally afraid.

PREACH THAT SERMON!!!
Edited on 15-01-2020 19:16
15-01-2020 19:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Did they use to do a lot of under water testing a A-bombs? Maybe I'm thinking of one them Godzilla movies...
15-01-2020 20:47
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

OK, so I had a few drinks last night. Nice website suggestion ITN. That might be worse than the article I posted up!

It probably is!

He has articles on what happens to a baseball pitch at near the speed of light, what would happen if you climbed up a rope from the Moon that stretched all the way to Earth, etc.

I've enjoyed a lot of his stuff. Despite his stick figure drawings, he writes a great comic.

For next time you happen to see the marching band out on the football field...https://xkcd.com/389/

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-01-2020 20:51
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Did they use to do a lot of under water testing a A-bombs? Maybe I'm thinking of one them Godzilla movies...

They did some. Godzilla supposedly was a result of the A-bombing of Japan. I can only imagine what it would be like to commute to work with that thing stomping around Tokyo.
(What?? Your train was smashed off the rails by a giant radioactive mutant monster and it made you late AGAIN?!?)

The Parrot Killer

15-01-2020 21:30
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
GasGuzzler wrote: I was just wondering if 3.6 billion Hiroshima size bombs was a insanely high number.

That comes out to a tad more than eighteen (18) nukes for every square mile of the earth's surface ... including the ocean. The fireball for each one would fill that square mile, and would start at many, many, many millions of degrees Celsius.

Ergo, the entire surface of the planet would be covered with 18-thick nuclear fireballs at absurd 18-thick nuclear fireball temperatures ... because when we're talking about Global Warming, we can't emphasize enough just how much the Greenhouse Effect impacts the Climate.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate CO2 finally gets credit for unleashing hell on Earth:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
CO2 Is Helping the Ozone Layer to Recover113-08-2022 05:54
Deborah Birx, White House covid coordinator finally ADMITS THAT THERE ARE NO COVID VACCINES THAT WORK623-07-2022 20:17
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact