Remember me
▼ Content

CO2

CO221-06-2020 05:06
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
My take is that CO2 and other gasses are what keep the Earth habitable and I have noticed even scientists that refute all the alarmist propaganda agree that increased CO2 will act as more atmosphere however it is the amounts that are going to make any signifigant change that is the issue.Does anyone not agree that the Earth is greener than it was 40 years ago.We do have real pictures from outer space.Thats a big uptake of CO2 which the warmazombies conveniently ignore.I am not claiming that gas can make energy out of nothing but on clear mornings like now it is damn cold yet with cloud cover or rain it is much warmer.It is way to complex to work out or measure so NASA NOAA IPCC and National Geographic are making it up.Please do not write RQAA but if you have to do it but this forum goes great on debate then it all falls in a hole again with personal insults

duncan61
21-06-2020 06:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
My take is that CO2 and other gasses are what keep the Earth habitable and I have noticed even scientists that refute all the alarmist propaganda agree that increased CO2 will act as more atmosphere however it is the amounts that are going to make any signifigant change that is the issue.Does anyone not agree that the Earth is greener than it was 40 years ago.We do have real pictures from outer space.Thats a big uptake of CO2 which the warmazombies conveniently ignore.I am not claiming that gas can make energy out of nothing but on clear mornings like now it is damn cold yet with cloud cover or rain it is much warmer.It is way to complex to work out or measure so NASA NOAA IPCC and National Geographic are making it up.Please do not write RQAA but if you have to do it but this forum goes great on debate then it all falls in a hole again with personal insults

Deforestation means that every year the Earth is less green. The burning of the rain forest pretty much proves this. Can you find something better to base your opinion on?
21-06-2020 07:28
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
James___ wrote:
[quote]duncan61 wrote:...Does anyone not agree that the Earth is greener than it was 40 years ago....
You'll probably find this interesting:
tmiddles wrote:
NASA co2 making more plants grow

from this thread "A quarter to half of Earth's vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide,...an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States."

Harvey made this point a while back.

I think we should be doing our best to figure out what is happening and how we can ensure we get the maximum benefit.
Edited on 21-06-2020 07:31
21-06-2020 08:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14388)
duncan61 wrote: My take is that CO2 and other gasses are what keep the Earth habitable

duncan, this is a completely ambiguous statement. In what way does it make earth "habitable"?

a) because CO2 is a life-essential compound upon which all life depends? (correct answer)

b) because it keeps the planet from being an ice ball? (wrong answer)

c) because it regulates Climate Change so we can continue existing in this changing world? (wrong answer)

Just curious.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-06-2020 10:44
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I include water vapour as a gas which alledgedly is what makes the Earth habitable.The breakdown occurs when the claim is made tiny amounts of other gasses make a huge difference.Without an atmosphere would we not cook in daytime and freeze at night??
21-06-2020 15:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:
I include water vapour as a gas which alledgedly is what makes the Earth habitable.The breakdown occurs when the claim is made tiny amounts of other gasses make a huge difference.Without an atmosphere would we not cook in daytime and freeze at night??

I think water vapour is more likely to be the major temperature regulator. Water is plentiful, evaporates more, as needed, to cool the surface. I've after centuries of industrial burning, CO2 is still a trace gas, .04%. Water vapour varies between 0-4%, changes all the time. CO2 levels change quite a bit too, but the focus is to promote the increases. The temperature every where varies quite a bit as well, for a variety of reasons too. Average it all together, best we can, with what dat is available, is a little sloppy. Then claiming on the average, it's 0.0136 degrees warmer today, than it was 100 years ago?

The main thing though, is that CO2 is a trace gas, on gets used by plants, which are vital for all life on the planet. We've been burning stuff for thousands of years, and CO2 remains a trace gas. Even with hundreds of years of industrial burning, it remains a trace gas. CO2 is the least likely cause of snuffing all life on the planet. The increasing has actually been a great benefit. Couple more centuries, and we might get up to a more ideal level, for plants to grow at their best, every where.

We really only have math and models, to define the climate crisis. Nobody alive now, is going to be alive to see any of the apocalyptic changes projected, if we do nothing. No on will still be alive, to see if all the efforts made, had any effect at all. It all plays out in a computer simulation.

I remember back in the 70s, the push for alternative/renewable energy, wasbe cause of the big scare we were going to run out of fossil fuels. 50 years later, we are burning more, than back then, and seldom a mention of running out. So, no the bic scare is that the CO2 byproduct is going to eventually scorch the earth, if we don't switch energy sources...

Join the debate CO2:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
CO2 Is Helping the Ozone Layer to Recover113-08-2022 05:54
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact