Remember me
▼ Content

CO2 cause global cooling?

CO2 cause global cooling?04-02-2019 15:52
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Think about it. Surface is hot. Up there is cold. Heat goes from hot to cold. CO2 transfers heat from surface to up there. So CO2 causes global cooling. 200,000 years cycles.

CO2 does lead temperature. CO2 rise. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean. Temperature rise. CO2 out of ocean. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean. Temperature rise. CO2 out of ocean. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean. Temperature rise. CO2 out of ocean. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean.

And so on and so forth.
04-02-2019 20:21
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Think about it. Surface is hot. Up there is cold. Heat goes from hot to cold. CO2 transfers heat from surface to up there. So CO2 causes global cooling. 200,000 years cycles.

CO2 does lead temperature. CO2 rise. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean. Temperature rise. CO2 out of ocean. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean. Temperature rise. CO2 out of ocean. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean. Temperature rise. CO2 out of ocean. Temperature drop. CO2 goes into ocean.

And so on and so forth.

Well, you have a couple of problems there. CO2 doesn't have any effect to speak of and it is only a vanishingly small component in the atmosphere.

Secondly the various records show that the rise and fall of CO2 in the atmosphere trails the changes in temperature and doesn't lead them.
04-02-2019 21:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

And so on and so forth.

Well, you have a couple of problems there. CO2 doesn't have any effect to speak of and it is only a vanishingly small component in the atmosphere.

Secondly the various records show that the rise and fall of CO2 in the atmosphere trails the changes in temperature and doesn't lead them.

What records, Wake? There aren't any!

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric CO2 content.

We don't have enough thermometers. We don't have enough CO2 monitoring stations.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-02-2019 21:39
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

And so on and so forth.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric CO2 content.

We don't have enough thermometers. We don't have enough CO2 monitoring stations.

So now you deny science even when we have both ice core and fossil records. We have geological records. Se have written records for 4,000 years.
But, "What records? We ain't got no records."
04-02-2019 23:40
(21559)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

And so on and so forth.

So now you deny science even when we have both ice core
Ice cores are not science, Wake. They are ICE CORES.
Wake wrote:
and fossil records.
Fossils are not records, Wake. they are FOSSILS.
Wake wrote:
We have geological records.
Geology is not a record, Wake. It is a branch of science.
Wake wrote:
Se have written records for 4,000 years.

No, we don't. Ice cores, geology, and fossils do not show Earth's temperature or the amount of global atmospheric CO2 in the atmosphere.
Wake wrote:

That's right. You don't.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-02-2019 00:15
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:

Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
We have written records for 4,000 years.

No, we don't. Ice cores, geology, and fossils do not show Earth's temperature or the amount of global atmospheric CO2 in the atmosphere.
Wake wrote:

That's right. You don't.

Wake wrote:

Just so that your friend can see exactly what you're saying. Ice cores are not a record of past climate or atmospheric CO2. Fossils do not represent a record. Actual written records for 4,000 years are not records and the geological record is not a record.
05-02-2019 00:31
(21559)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
We have written records for 4,000 years.

Wake wrote:

That's right. You don't.

Wake wrote:

Just so that your friend can see exactly what you're saying. Ice cores are not a record of past climate or atmospheric CO2. Fossils do not represent a record. Actual written records for 4,000 years are not records and the geological record is not a record.

That pretty well sums up what I just said, yes.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate CO2 cause global cooling?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
CO2 Is Helping the Ozone Layer to Recover113-08-2022 05:54
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact