Remember me
▼ Content

Cloud feedbacks

Cloud feedbacks29-04-2017 01:54
student33
☆☆☆☆☆
(15)
In the IPCC reports this feedbacks seems to either negative (for low level clouds) and positive for high level clouds.

What I don't understand is, where is the argument?

Why do different papers come to different conclusions?

What is the big argument debate about cloud feedback st the moment?

I've heard of Lindzen's Iris hypothesis but is there another big area where cloud feedback is debated?
Edited on 29-04-2017 01:55
29-04-2017 03:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
More typical garbage from the IPCC.

We don't know the effect of a cloud on temperature. We can't determine what the temperature would have been had the cloud not been there.

A lot of people speculate about the possible effects of clouds. That's all they are: speculations. None of these theories result in anything falsifiable. None of these are a scientific theory. None of these can be formalized into mathematics, giving the theory power of prediction.

Feedback? That begins with a presumed idea that the cloud actually did affect the temperature. It also presumes the temperature in turn affects the cloud.
29-04-2017 06:05
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
student33 wrote:

"Big argument debate...?"

Not sure there is a big argument or debate on cloud feedbacks. Lots of uncertainty about aerosols and clouds, sure. Don't know if anybody claims to have a "right" answer.

You referred to the IPCC. Did you look at the cloud and aerosol part of the IPCC AR5 section on clouds and aerosols?
(at https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/wg1/WG1AR5_Chapter07_FINAL.pdf
A pretty lengthy section. If that's not enough, there are literally hundreds of journal articles referenced in that section, all can be looked up and read.
29-04-2017 21:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
still learning wrote:
student33 wrote:

"Big argument debate...?"

Not sure there is a big argument or debate on cloud feedbacks. Lots of uncertainty about aerosols and clouds, sure. Don't know if anybody claims to have a "right" answer.

You referred to the IPCC. Did you look at the cloud and aerosol part of the IPCC AR5 section on clouds and aerosols?
(at https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/wg1/WG1AR5_Chapter07_FINAL.pdf
A pretty lengthy section. If that's not enough, there are literally hundreds of journal articles referenced in that section, all can be looked up and read.

I don't waste my time with the IPCC. They just put out propaganda. None of it is science. Most of it violates physics or math.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Cloud feedbacks:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Change - Vicious Feedbacks and Worst-Case Scenarios21907-06-2023 01:04
Cloud Seeding with sodium chloride204-01-2020 20:56
Nice video on cloud forcing122-05-2018 17:37
A cloud of hot air has been hovering over Europe...1411-04-2018 19:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact