Remember me
▼ Content

Closed Door Hearings?

Closed Door Hearings?23-10-2019 18:31
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
I'm a little confused at the purpose of these closed door interrogations. I presumed that they closed the door, for confidentiality, what is said behind that door, stays classified. But after each witness, the cherry picked, choice nuggets, are headline news. Some of it's as quotes, probably out of context. Others, are obviously creative interpretations, along the lines of 'personal gain' or 'influencing an election'. How come there isn't any consequences for leaking confidential information to the media? If the testimonies are intended for public release, why aren't the full transcripts available? Aren't investigations suppose to be done without bias, without the politics? Leaking just 'disturbing' bits, is politics, and attempting to influence the election. Leaking is abuse of office, a violation of their oath. Shouldn't the House committee, conducting the investigation be held to the same standard, as the president? It's not a fun game, even if they hate Trump, they should respect the office of the president, the country. They are putting on a worldwide comedy show, of incompetence, and they really need to be accountable for what they do, and what they say.
23-10-2019 18:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Nothing to be confused about. The KGB uses the same tactics. That's why they are illegal here.

Yes, you have it correct. The House needs to vote to conduct an investigation, in the open, and President and anyone else still has their 4th and 5th amendment rights.

Secretive committees that persecute people are unconstitutional in this country.
24-10-2019 16:21
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
One would also have to question the integrity of the people conducting the investigation. All the democrats on the committee have spoken poorly of the president, even before he was elected, clearly biased. Shouldn't they have stepped aside, or called for Robert Mueller to conduct the investigation. There is no chance any of them could conduct an objective, unbiased investigation. The leaked testimony should be prime evidence in Adam Schiffty's impeachment, since he's the chairman, should be his responsibility to fix the leaky plumbing. He hasn't shown any concern over the 'very disturbing' lack of security under his watch. Trump should seriously introduce his own charges. Even if it's unlikely any of the House democrats would vote to move forward, it would be good politics, maybe gain the House in 2020 as well.

Join the debate Closed Door Hearings?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Just spoke with Dmitri Vasilyev a Russian solar power salesman at my front door223-07-2023 20:22
Solar power is a scam. My next door neighbor has solar panels and he pays more for power419-07-2023 18:37
How Did TrueCompanion Create a New Thread/Post in a Closed Forum?326-08-2021 00:43
Freejoy.aimoo.com Will Be Closed On July 1st 2021 & I Messiah Buddha Will Disconnect With Your World 712-06-2021 06:00
Ascension Evolution, Human Super Abilities Power Are All Real, Only The Closed Mindset Is Fake306-01-2021 23:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact