duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I am enjoying watching climate nexus.Does anyone else tap in to this show

duncan61
26-12-2020 02:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
duncan61 wrote: I am enjoying watching climate nexus.Does anyone else tap in to this show

Is it a show or a website?

Either way, would you post a link to what/wherever they formally define "Climate" and "Climate Change"?

Thanks. You rock.

- IBDaSeekerOfDaClimateDefinition

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-12-2020 04:08
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Its Canadian and the host is hilarious.Dr John Robson.The latest one I watched was all the predictions of the climatic disasters such as the great lakes drying up and the open praries of Canada being turned to dustbowl and war starting as people are forced to move because there will be no food.Hmmm.Its called climate discussion nexus.
26-12-2020 07:15
(14373)
duncan61 wrote: Its Canadian and the host is hilarious.Dr John Robson.The latest one I watched was all the predictions of the climatic disasters such as the great lakes drying up and the open praries of Canada being turned to dustbowl and war starting as people are forced to move because there will be no food.Hmmm.Its called climate discussion nexus.

One more time ... how do they formally define "Climate" and "Greenhouse Effect"?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-12-2020 08:21
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Who are they??
26-12-2020 09:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:
Who are they??

Did you lose context?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-12-2020 13:48
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I do not know the working of their minds and its a trick question.Have either of you clowns watched the shows and have an opinion or is everyone on the planet dumb except you 2
26-12-2020 14:24
(14373)
duncan61 wrote:
I do not know the working of their minds and its a trick question.Have either of you clowns watched the shows and have an opinion or is everyone on the planet dumb except you 2

Now that you officially believe that you speak for everyone on the planet, how did you become so mentally retarded that you can't follow your own posts?

I'm not sure what prompted your current bout of idiocy but at least you have revealed that you are a mindless warmizombie ... just of the climate lemming variety.

Go back to your show that is telling you how to think and what to believe, of which you cannot answer any basic questions, presumably to protect your slavemasters.

What a disappointment.

26-12-2020 18:30
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
have you an opinion on the show??It refutes all the warming stories.CDN does not believe in AGW/CC so why would they have a definition.All this bullying is as I do not agree Trump will somehow be put back in office.
26-12-2020 19:25
(14373)
duncan61 wrote: have you an opinion on the show??

I will tell you my opinion in just a moment.

First tell me how the show you enjoy defines the global climate. I would like to watch the episode in which the global climate is properly defined.

duncan61 wrote: It refutes all the warming stories.

How exactly? ... with science?

What is your favorite refuting science used in the show?

duncan61 wrote: CDN does not believe in AGW/CC so why would they have a definition.

About what do they purport to discuss? How does the show define what it discusses?

duncan61 wrote: All this bullying is as I do not agree Trump will somehow be put back in office.

You are pretending to divert attention towards Trump to EVADE the topic of your WACKY wamizombie religion. When it comes to regurgitating the mandatory dogma of your slavemasters the words flow from you more smoothly than Jiffy creamy peanut butter ... but if I ask you a simple, easy, straightforward question you flee to the hills. You still haven't given me a straight answer.

1. How does the show you enjoy define the global climate?
2. What pattern do you get when you flip a coin?
3. How does CO2 supposedly increase the earth's average global temperature by merely reflecting certain wavelengths?
3a. What wavelengths increase temperature by being reflected?

26-12-2020 22:28
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:

I don't bother with any TV shows. I haven't watched open circuit or cable TV in literally decades.

The laws of physics is not dumb. it is that you are trying to evade, not us. Physics is not just some opinion. It is a set of falsifiable theories, like the rest of science.

I really don't give damn about your TV show.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-12-2020 22:33
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:
have you an opinion on the show??It refutes all the warming stories.CDN does not believe in AGW/CC so why would they have a definition.All this bullying is as I do not agree Trump will somehow be put back in office.

Trump is already in office. He will continue to be in office until at least Jan 20th.
If the election is not decided by then, Pence will become acting president on that day, unless Congress takes active steps to remove him by replacing him with a president according to the 12th amendment process.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2020 00:32
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
1.The show presents no definition of global climate
2.Coin flipping is random act of chance
3.Image result for wavelengths of light co2 absorb
Carbon dioxide strongly absorbs energy with a wavelength of 15 μm (micrometers). This makes carbon dioxide a good absorber of wavelengths falling in the infrared radiation region of the spectrum.Dec 2, 2019
The main reason I am a slave to the show is they practice what I do which is look at real time effects not the modelling and show how none of the predictions have occurred or at such a low level as to be not an issue.It shows how the hockey stick of 1998 was a work of fiction and things of a similar nature.We are not warming so ergo there is no problem
27-12-2020 04:13
(14373)
duncan61 wrote: 1.The show presents no definition of global climate

My opinion of the show is that it is garbage. Clearly it is nothing more than one religious sect with WACKY beliefs bashing on the beliefs of another religious sect for having WACKY beliefs.

I'm not interested.

duncan61 wrote: 2.Coin flipping is random act of chance

Just like weather.

duncan61 wrote: 3.Image result for wavelengths of light co2 absorb Carbon dioxide strongly absorbs energy with a wavelength of 15 μm (micrometers).

In physics we refer to this general process as "energy changes form."

So what?

duncan61 wrote: This makes carbon dioxide a good absorber of wavelengths falling in the infrared radiation region of the spectrum.

Yay! You know what? Hamburgers are also good absorbers of radiation of that spectrum as well! Wait, what are you saying?

duncan61 wrote: The main reason I am a slave to the show is ...

... they advocate your WACKY religious beliefs while bashing the WACKY religious beliefs of an opposing religious sect.

The primary WACKY belief both religious sects share is the denial of the first law of thermodynamics.

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can change form all the live-long day. Your sect, on the other hand, believes that when energy changes form (via absorption by CO2) that additional energy is somehow magically created, manifesting itself as an increase in temperature. Matter cannot otherwise spontaneously increase in temperature.

Your beliefs amount to pure science denial. WACKY.

duncan61 wrote: they practice what I do which is look at real time effects ...

Nope. You look at a process, not an effect. You look at energy changing form and then insist you observe something that isn't happening, i.e. the creation of additional energy. WACKY.

duncan61 wrote:We are not warming so ergo there is no problem

We are not warming because there is no such thing as Greenhouse Effect. CO2 cannot create additional energy. CO2 cannot cause Stefan-Boltzmann to be violated. CO2 cannot magically defy physics.

27-12-2020 06:37
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Does any energy go back to space.You seem to have a good handle on how it all works
27-12-2020 06:51
(14373)
duncan61 wrote:Does any energy go back to space.You seem to have a good handle on how it all works

Energy does not go "back to space."

Energy is emitted from the sun. Energy that is incident to the earth, multipled by earth's emissivity, is absorbed by the earth. The quantity of energy absorbed by the earth is also emitted by the earth as radiance (equilibrium) to space.

Hence those two values are equal.

Notice that there is no need to mention the atmosphere or CO2 or polar ice or any particular wavelength of radiation. The earth is the body of matter in question and the sun is the energy source. The only factors of any consequence in this situation are 1) the sun's output power, 2) the earth's distance from the sun and 3) the earth's emissivity.

The only way to alter the earth's radiance is to change the earth's temperature. You can't do it the other way around, i.e. you can't change the earth's temperature by adjusting its radiance.

27-12-2020 07:50
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
RADIANCE light or heat as emitted or reflected by something.So I need to recap
.Energy comes from the sun as light
.Energy is absorbed depending on the emissivity of the surface eg.Ice v black road
.Energy is radiated back to space
.CO2 absorbs some spectrum of light
.Heat rises
Is it O.K. if we start at the beginning it is a debate forum
27-12-2020 10:00
(14373)
duncan61 wrote:. RADIANCE light or heat as emitted or reflected by something.

No. Radiance is the power (e.g. watts) of a body's thermal radiation divided by the emitting surface area ... and does not include anything reflected.

duncan61 wrote:. Energy is absorbed depending on the emissivity of the surface eg.Ice v black road

No. There's only one emissivity value for any given body. Absorptivity and radiativity values pertain to specific materials/substances and are for specific wavelengths but a body's emissivity is for the entire body and covers all wavelengths.

duncan61 wrote: Energy is radiated back to space

No. Energy is radiated out to space, not back to the sun.

duncan61 wrote:Heat rises

No. Heat flows in all directions equally.

If you truly believe otherwise then take a searing hot frying pan and set it on top of your head. You will of course be fine because heat rises, yes?

What you really mean is that increasing the temperature of a sub-volume of a fluid causes it to expand, increasing its buoyancy and therefore causing it to move relatively within the overall volume in the direction opposite the force of gravity.

I fail to see how that applies in the vacuum of space.

duncan61 wrote:Is it O.K. if we start at the beginning it is a debate forum

Sure, but the science won't change any.

27-12-2020 10:17
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Hot air balloons
My Matt black jeep gets hotter inside than my wifes silver one and we are parked next to each other on the same drive way
I keep hearing how ice reflects light and because allegedly there is less it makes it worse
Energy is radiated back to space
No. Energy is radiated out to space, not back to the sun.Come on bloke same dude different hat
27-12-2020 14:44
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:
Does any energy go back to space.You seem to have a good handle on how it all works

ALL the energy that Earth absorbs from the Sun is radiated into space again.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2020 14:46
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:
RADIANCE light or heat as emitted or reflected by something.So I need to recap
.Energy comes from the sun as light
.Energy is absorbed depending on the emissivity of the surface eg.Ice v black road
.Energy is radiated back to space
.CO2 absorbs some spectrum of light
.Heat rises
Is it O.K. if we start at the beginning it is a debate forum

Not all light is converted to thermal energy upon absorption.
ALL energy Earth absorbs from the Sun is lost to space.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2020 14:49
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:
Hot air balloons

Are not heat.
duncan61 wrote:
My Matt black jeep gets hotter inside than my wifes silver one and we are parked next to each other on the same drive way

Only when the Sun is up. At night, they both become the same temperature as outside air.
duncan61 wrote:
I keep hearing how ice reflects light and because allegedly there is less it makes it worse

The amount of snow and ice on Earth is unknown.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2020 16:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
Hot air balloons
Energy is radiated back to space
No. Energy is radiated out to space, not back to the sun.Come on bloke same dude different hat

[url]Energy is radiated back to space
No. Energy is radiated out to space, not back to the sun.Come on bloke same dude different hat[/url]

You might learn something about the space around the Earth and how energy radiates using the inverse square law?
27-12-2020 17:32
(14373)
duncan61 wrote:
IBDaMann wrote:No. Energy is radiated out to space, not back to the sun.
Come on bloke same dude different hat

Nope. Not at all.

In an anonymous forum of ideas, words are all we have. You bear the responsibility of writing what you mean and meaning what you write. When you won't do that then you become a tgoebbles and should be ignored.

28-12-2020 00:22
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
IBDM Where did I write back to the sun.I am sure i wrote.Energy is radiated back to space

ITN Only when the Sun is up. At night, they both become the same temperature as outside air.

In the words of proffesser Julius Sumner Miller Why is it so.what I really need to know is who is putting the glass and a half of milk in the choclate now hes gone
28-12-2020 00:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
IBDM Where did I write back to the sun.I am sure i wrote.Energy is radiated back to space

ITN Only when the Sun is up. At night, they both become the same temperature as outside air.

In the words of proffesser Julius Sumner Miller Why is it so.what I really need to know is who is putting the glass and a half of milk in the choclate now hes gone

The inverse square law says that only a small amount of energy emitted during the day will reach the Sun and vice versa.
Attached image:

28-12-2020 02:42
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:

Surfaces that have a high emissitivity also absorb light better. It's why a dark car interior will tend to get hotter than a white one (assuming both windows are closed), and why an asphalt parking lot is hotter than the surrounding grass on the same day...if it's a sunny day, it's noticeably hotter.

Just because a surface happens to convert more light to thermal energy doesn't matter. It also converts more thermal energy to light.

You can't create energy out of nothing.
The emissivity of Earth is unknown.

The Parrot Killer

28-12-2020 02:42
(21559)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

The inverse square law says that only a small amount of energy emitted during the day will reach the Sun and vice versa.

The Earth cannot warm the Sun. You are ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics again.

The Parrot Killer

28-12-2020 02:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

The Earth cannot warm the Sun. You are ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics again.

Sadly you have gone off on the wrong tangent. And energy emitted towards the Sun will be cancelled out by it's directly opposing wavelength of incoming solar IR. But the amount of energy emitted by the Earth on a direct path towards the Sun is too minuscule to mention.

@Duncan, the basis of a greenhouse theory is that the Sun is to far away to warm the Earth. ie., somehow atmospheric gasses are warm enough to allow for life.
Edited on 28-12-2020 03:02
28-12-2020 03:27
(14373)
duncan61 wrote:IBDM Where did I write back to the sun.I am sure i wrote.Energy is radiated back to space

Correct. You wrote "back to space" and you are incorrect. I corrected what you wrote by writing that it simply goes out to space, not back to space. The energy did not come from space but from the sun. Therefore it is incorrect to write that it somehow went back to space.

Strangely, you complained, citing your inability to understand the difference.

28-12-2020 03:32
(14373)
James___ wrote:The inverse square law says that only a small amount of energy emitted during the day will reach the Sun and vice versa.

The inverse-square law states that wave strength is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. It does not make any sort of qualitative assessment about amount of energy emitted. In fact, it says that if the distance is very short then the wave will be very close to full strength.

28-12-2020 06:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:The inverse square law says that only a small amount of energy emitted during the day will reach the Sun and vice versa.

The inverse-square law states that wave strength is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. It does not make any sort of qualitative assessment about amount of energy emitted. In fact, it says that if the distance is very short then the wave will be very close to full strength.

When the Earth and the Sun are referenced, but you missed the obvious.
28-12-2020 07:23
(14373)
James___ wrote:When the Earth and the Sun are referenced, but you missed the obvious.

When an incomplete sentence

28-12-2020 09:11
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have it now IBDM and you are correct.
28-12-2020 18:06
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:When the Earth and the Sun are referenced, but you missed the obvious.

Isn't it fantastic how the Earth and Sun?
28-12-2020 19:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You forgot 2 words, "are referenced". That is a complete sentence. I find it sad that when people learn Engleske as a first language that they do not understand something as basic as what a sentence is and how to properly use adjectives, adverbs, etc.
With the words "are referenced", this implies a specific function of the words earth and sun. When not capitalized they are pronouns. When saying earth, it would refer to the composition of the Earth's (possessive noun) surface or other attribute associated with it's mass.
Likewise a sun is a celestial body but when saying "Sun" then the brown dwarf star/sun that the Earth (specific planet is being referenced) orbits is being referenced. I got straight A's in English in school.
28-12-2020 20:49
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Good one. Made me laugh. Your account is being credited one bonus point.

28-12-2020 21:04
(14373)
James___ wrote: That is a complete sentence.

Yours is not a complete sentence. It is a sentence fragment.

James___ wrote: I find it sad that when people learn Engleske as a first language that they do not understand something as basic as what a sentence is and how to properly use adjectives, adverbs, etc.

A complete sentence is an independent clause that expresses a complete thought. You expressed an incomplete thought rendering any response as valid ... as I illustrated and gfm7175 provided further research.

28-12-2020 21:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: That is a complete sentence.

Yours is not a complete sentence. It is a sentence fragment.

James___ wrote: I find it sad that when people learn Engleske as a first language that they do not understand something as basic as what a sentence is and how to properly use adjectives, adverbs, etc.

A complete sentence is an independent clause that expresses a complete thought. You expressed an incomplete thought rendering any response as valid ... as I illustrated and gfm7175 provided further research.

You guys don't know English. When I said "referenced", I made known what was being referenced. This might actually show your ignorance of physics more so than English.
Wavelengths that are travelling in the same direction and have the same length can combine. If travelling in opposing directions, then amplitude would determine how those wavelengths are changed. How do you guys not know this?
Basically this is E = hc/lamda * mass. You really can't expect the frequency of 2 directionally opposing wave forms to remain the same after colliding, can you?

h = Planck's constant
c = speed of light
lamda = wavelength

If 2 waves of energy that have a wavelength of 300 angstroms collide, they basically annihilate each other. Yet if one has greater mass then it's a theoretical possibility that it will carry on but most likely not as the same wavelength.

At least now I know that both Engleske and physics are a challenge for you.

p.s., ie., "annihilate" in this sense means to become background electromagnetic radiation or what could be considered as "white noise".
Edited on 28-12-2020 21:41
28-12-2020 23:50
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is just for fun guys. With a particle accelerator, they will have two gold nuclei collide. This collision causes both particles to be annihilated. This is what allows scientists to observe things like leptons or different "flavors" of quarks. I'm not sure if they've found the "top" quark yet.
It is also how they look for the Higgs-boson particle. This article basically gets into how neutrinos are detected as well.
In other words, if we assume that the Higgs boson exists, we can infer its mass based on the effect it would have on the properties of other particles and fields.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-exactly-is-the-higgs/

We all need to breath, right?
Edited on 28-12-2020 23:51
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate climate nexus:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
climate discussion nexus104-02-2021 20:01
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact