Remember me
▼ Content

climate nexus



Page 2 of 2<12
29-12-2020 00:12
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9086)
James___ wrote: Wavelengths that are travelling in the same direction and have the same length can combine.

1) waves traveling in the same direction never intersect and therefore can never "combine."
2) Waves travel, not wavelengths.

James___ wrote: If 2 waves of energy that have a wavelength of 300 angstroms collide, they basically annihilate each other.

Are you saying that the angle at which they collide is irrelevant?

James___ wrote: At least now I know that both Engleske and physics are a challenge for you.

Not as long as I have you here to set me straight. May I call you James__ the Wise?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-12-2020 00:34
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
IBdaMann wrote:

1) waves traveling in the same direction never intersect and therefore can never "combine."


Physics allows for this. Your definition however might be different. Your comment
"May I call you James__ the Wise?" is snarky.

p.s., I never had kids so I wouldn't have one like you son. And tell your ma I like my eggs runny, sunny side up. Thx.

Edited on 29-12-2020 00:38
29-12-2020 12:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

1) waves traveling in the same direction never intersect and therefore can never "combine."


Physics allows for this. Your definition however might be different. Your comment
"May I call you James__ the Wise?" is snarky.

p.s., I never had kids so I wouldn't have one like you son. And tell your ma I like my eggs runny, sunny side up. Thx.

Physics does not allow for light waves traveling in the same direction to intersect and combine.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
30-12-2020 22:47
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
Into the Night wrote:

Physics does not allow for light waves traveling in the same direction to intersect and combine.



Please learn how to spell travelling. When simple words in English give you a problem........
30-12-2020 23:04
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2051)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Physics does not allow for light waves traveling in the same direction to intersect and combine.



Please learn how to spell travelling. When simple words in English give you a problem........

What if I told you that you both are spelling it correctly (in a way)?

ITN is doing the American English spelling of it and you are doing the British English spelling of it. With specific regard to American English, ITN is spelling it correctly and you are spelling it incorrectly (but I won't fault you for choosing the British spelling over the American spelling).

I personally prefer and purposely use the British 'Saviour' spelling over the American 'Savior' spelling (due to it having seven letters instead of six), and catch myself from time to time using the 'armour' spelling over the 'armor' spelling, for a couple of examples.
Edited on 30-12-2020 23:05
31-12-2020 00:25
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Physics does not allow for light waves traveling in the same direction to intersect and combine.



Please learn how to spell travelling. When simple words in English give you a problem........

What if I told you that you both are spelling it correctly (in a way)?

ITN is doing the American English spelling of it and you are doing the British English spelling of it. With specific regard to American English, ITN is spelling it correctly and you are spelling it incorrectly (but I won't fault you for choosing the British spelling over the American spelling).

I personally prefer and purposely use the British 'Saviour' spelling over the American 'Savior' spelling (due to it having seven letters instead of six), and catch myself from time to time using the 'armour' spelling over the 'armor' spelling, for a couple of examples.



How do you not know if I am using the Aussie spelling? Hmmm?
31-12-2020 00:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2051)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Physics does not allow for light waves traveling in the same direction to intersect and combine.



Please learn how to spell travelling. When simple words in English give you a problem........

What if I told you that you both are spelling it correctly (in a way)?

ITN is doing the American English spelling of it and you are doing the British English spelling of it. With specific regard to American English, ITN is spelling it correctly and you are spelling it incorrectly (but I won't fault you for choosing the British spelling over the American spelling).

I personally prefer and purposely use the British 'Saviour' spelling over the American 'Savior' spelling (due to it having seven letters instead of six), and catch myself from time to time using the 'armour' spelling over the 'armor' spelling, for a couple of examples.



How do you not know if I am using the Aussie spelling? Hmmm?

The Aussie spelling of that word is the same as the British spelling of it.

Point is, you claimed that ITN spelled it wrong. He did not. He spelled it correctly (per US English).
31-12-2020 00:50
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Physics does not allow for light waves traveling in the same direction to intersect and combine.



Please learn how to spell travelling. When simple words in English give you a problem........

What if I told you that you both are spelling it correctly (in a way)?

ITN is doing the American English spelling of it and you are doing the British English spelling of it. With specific regard to American English, ITN is spelling it correctly and you are spelling it incorrectly (but I won't fault you for choosing the British spelling over the American spelling).

I personally prefer and purposely use the British 'Saviour' spelling over the American 'Savior' spelling (due to it having seven letters instead of six), and catch myself from time to time using the 'armour' spelling over the 'armor' spelling, for a couple of examples.



How do you not know if I am using the Aussie spelling? Hmmm?

The Aussie spelling of that word is the same as the British spelling of it.

Point is, you claimed that ITN spelled it wrong. He did not. He spelled it correctly (per US English).


(per US English)

Per Engleske? My father's name was Per. Engleske was his 4th language. There is no such thing as Norwegian English as you suggested.
If you're wondering, Per is also first or one, father, etc. Per Noel is Father Christmas. There is no father of the American language. It's a bastard child and nothing more.
Per was my father's name. He would say travelling and Australia.

p.s., the 5th Commandment requires me to honour my father.
Edited on 31-12-2020 00:52
31-12-2020 00:56
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
p.s., @ All, if 2 wavelengths are travelling (Australian) in the same direction and have the same frequency, does their inherent gravity attract one to the other? Or is the space between them greater than their gravitational attraction?
If ya'all (a nod to my hillbilly mother from Amerika (in Norwegian, America is Amerika), 5th commandment style), we can do the math.

p.s., Честита Нова Година (Bulgarian) and La Multi Ani!!!

I know people who like those languages.


Happy New Years!!!
Edited on 31-12-2020 01:00
31-12-2020 01:17
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9086)
gfm7175 wrote: What if I told you that you both are spelling it correctly (in a way)?

In order to consider British spelling correct you have to specify that you are operating within the context of allowing archaic and otherwise obsolete language, which is perfectly fine if you state that up front. Of course, original Beowulf becomes acceptable in that context.

Otherwise Into the Night is correct and James__ is not.

gfm7175 wrote: but I won't fault you for choosing the British spelling over the American spelling.

You are officially on record as accepting Beowulf. Good job. I do as well.

So, based on your recommendation, I have loaded BEOWULF in its old(est) English form onto Politiplex.

Kudos for your great idea!


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2020 01:51
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: What if I told you that you both are spelling it correctly (in a way)?

In order to consider British spelling correct you have to specify that you are operating within the context of allowing archaic and otherwise obsolete language, which is perfectly fine if you state that up front. Of course, original Beowulf becomes acceptable in that context.

Otherwise Into the Night is correct and James__ is not.

gfm7175 wrote: but I won't fault you for choosing the British spelling over the American spelling.

You are officially on record as accepting Beowulf. Good job. I do as well.

So, based on your recommendation, I have loaded BEOWULF in its old(est) English form onto Politiplex.

Kudos for your great idea!


.



That's a sad response. It's like if your girlfriend asks "is it in" to which you reply "in what?".
31-12-2020 01:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9086)
James___ wrote:
p.s., @ All, if 2 wavelengths are travelling (Australian) in the same direction and have the same frequency, does their inherent gravity attract one to the other?


How would you propose to we test your hypothesis? To verify that gravity could bend light, a black hole was required to provide sufficient gravity and sufficient distance. The photons you propose have epsilon-negligent mass themselves. I'm guessing that our galaxy affords insufficient distance to test such a gravitational attraction that we could measure.

... or do you have some ideas?

James___ wrote: p.s., Честита Нова Година (Bulgarian)

Although we semantically translate it as "Happy New Year!" it literally means "New Year Congratulations!"

You get bonus points for saying/writing "Cреќна Нова година!" and "Трамп ќе победи"


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2020 02:03
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
p.s., @ All, if 2 wavelengths are travelling (Australian) in the same direction and have the same frequency, does their inherent gravity attract one to the other?


How would you propose to we test your hypothesis? To verify that gravity could bend light, a black hole was required to provide sufficient gravity and sufficient distance. The photons you propose have epsilon-negligent mass themselves. I'm guessing that our galaxy affords insufficient distance to test such a gravitational attraction that we could measure.

... or do you have some ideas?

James___ wrote: p.s., Честита Нова Година (Bulgarian)

Although we semantically translate it as "Happy New Year!" it literally means "New Year Congratulations!"

You get bonus points for saying/writing "Cреќна Нова година!" and "Трамп ќе победи"


.



Let's go back to your girlfriend. What does she know and how does she know it? Mine have said "leave it in". They liked it.
Physics isn't a woman. You created a hypothesis that is not about 2 wavelengths of energy/light or what can be considered electromagnetic waves of energy.
There is a specific frame of reference that allows 2 wavelengths of light to combine and create a singular light wave of an increased amplitude. This is the equal but opposing effect of the inverse square law.
What it suggests is that while the inverse square law suggests entropy, gravity suggests to a lesser degree. Kind of like my girlfriends saying "keep it in".
31-12-2020 02:39
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
An example, notice the hanky-spanky?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUy9FBkgf1U&list=RDMMhmcT6ex-214&index=2
31-12-2020 03:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9086)
James___ wrote: There is a specific frame of reference that allows 2 wavelengths of light to combine and create a singular light wave of an increased amplitude.


In nature, electromagnetic radiation does not "combine" but it does cancel ... and I believe that is in all inertial frames of reference.

Yes, humans create powered systems to "combine" (modulate) electromagnetic wave frequencies but without the additional energy in such an open system, there is no "combining" or "modulation" occurring.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2020 03:13
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: There is a specific frame of reference that allows 2 wavelengths of light to combine and create a singular light wave of an increased amplitude.


In nature, electromagnetic radiation does not "combine" but it does cancel ... and I believe that is in all inertial frames of reference.

Yes, humans create powered systems to "combine" (modulate) electromagnetic wave frequencies but without the additional energy in such an open system, there is no "combining" or "modulation" occurring.

.



And Christopher Bergen was murdered by his father-in-law. Oops, one was an American and one wasn't. Murder by definition is one American killing another American. If you're not an American, Fück Yoü.

All we need to know. And with me IBDM, this is what we need to know. You're an American and I'm not.


Can't you guys say "we don't kill people who don't sound like us?". That would be a start but dying because someone was wished a "Happy Birthday"? Seriously? That is murder by any definition and should be prosecuted.
With Trump, he lost and yet the law supports him just as it supports someone who murdered another person. Someone was offended. And they are an American.
Yep, I killed him. He wasn't one of us. Praise Jesus. Our Lord saved us from those filthy heathens.
Edited on 31-12-2020 03:47
31-12-2020 06:31
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
IBDM, get a fükken clüe, 2 equal wavelengths can become one and increase their amplitude. Just basic fükken physics. What fükken doesn't get this? Moronic bull sheet gets old. If you don't understand basic fükken physics, please say "I am an American".
It's known that an American can say "do guns fire bullets" and "I didn't mean to kill him". Killing someone in America is considered an act of self defence. And you are an American,right? It is your right to kill.
Just say, I was afraid. The world knows that Americans are weak and stupid. So if you say "I was afraid", just pull the trigger. After all, only an American can kill an American. With anyone else? What are they doing here? Please feel free to kill visitors. It's patriotic.
31-12-2020 08:04
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1124)
Go James.Dont hold the anger in
31-12-2020 08:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9086)
James___ wrote: IBDM, get a fükken clüe,

I've got an entire booklet of them that I haven't used because I never need them. Would you like one? Two?



James___ wrote: 2 equal wavelengths can become one and increase their amplitude.

I don't think so. If they are moving in different directions then they pass through each other and continue on their merry way. If they are perfectly aligned then they are traveling at exactly the same speed and one cannot catch the other.

Really, I can give you a couple of clues; it's no biggie.

James___ wrote: Killing someone in America is considered an act of self defence.

I get it, you're physics is stuck in pre-revolutionary times.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2020 16:43
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2051)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: What if I told you that you both are spelling it correctly (in a way)?

In order to consider British spelling correct you have to specify that you are operating within the context of allowing archaic and otherwise obsolete language, which is perfectly fine if you state that up front. Of course, original Beowulf becomes acceptable in that context.

Otherwise Into the Night is correct and James__ is not.

gfm7175 wrote: but I won't fault you for choosing the British spelling over the American spelling.

You are officially on record as accepting Beowulf. Good job. I do as well.

So, based on your recommendation, I have loaded BEOWULF in its old(est) English form onto Politiplex.

Kudos for your great idea!


.

Once again, you exceed expectations! Beautiful!!
01-01-2021 01:39
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1124)
IBDM can you do that Darth Sidious thing for James
01-01-2021 03:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3368)
James___ wrote:
IBDM, get a fükken clüe, 2 equal wavelengths can become one and increase their amplitude.


*corn whiskey, profanity laced rant removed...

I play with electronics, and use an oscilloscope to look at signals (waveform), occasionally. Amplitude, is the 'voltage'. You don't get higher voltage readings, if you feed in more than one signal, at the same time. Doesn't matter if they are the same frequency, in phase, out of phase, or the same waveform.

Oh course, I've never studied Norwegian Physics, or any of those other Weird Science, not much use or market for them.
01-01-2021 04:15
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9086)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBDM, get a fükken clüe, 2 equal wavelengths can become one and increase their amplitude.


*corn whiskey, profanity laced rant removed...

I play with electronics, and use an oscilloscope to look at signals (waveform), occasionally. Amplitude, is the 'voltage'. You don't get higher voltage readings, if you feed in more than one signal, at the same time. Doesn't matter if they are the same frequency, in phase, out of phase, or the same waveform.

Oh course, I've never studied Norwegian Physics, or any of those other Weird Science, not much use or market for them.


Exactly, and Venus proves my point.

.
Attached image:

01-01-2021 04:18
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3368)
James___ wrote:
IBDM, get a fükken clüe, 2 equal wavelengths can become one and increase their amplitude.


*corn whiskey, profanity laced rant removed...

I play with electronics, and use an oscilloscope to look at signals (waveform), occasionally. Amplitude, is the 'voltage'. You don't get higher voltage readings, if you feed in more than one signal, at the same time. Doesn't matter if they are the same frequency, in phase, out of phase, or the same waveform.

Oh course, I've never studied Norwegian Physics, or any of those other Weird Science, not much use or market for them.
01-01-2021 08:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9086)
duncan61 wrote: IBDM can you do that Darth Sidious thing for James


I'm not sure what that is. Could you refresh my memory?



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-01-2021 13:24
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1124)
Its where Luke is fighting and he encourages him to feel the hate.
01-01-2021 21:19
James___
★★★★★
(4478)
Some of you guys make me believe that scientists said CO2 for the same reason they say a storm is coming because the barometric pressure just dropped. Of course, on a sunny day, if the barometer drops and the wind starts swirling, you think "tornado?".
Isn't it strange how 2 random things suggests a tornado is coming?
Page 2 of 2<12





Join the debate climate nexus:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
climate discussion nexus104-02-2021 20:01
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact