Remember me
▼ Content

Climate jobs related to language?

Climate jobs related to language?16-03-2020 22:08
smunk44
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Hi all,

I'm new, so sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I'm interested in languages (I'm a Russian major), and I'm interested in finding a job that's somehow involved in fighting climate change. Can anyone who is knowledgeable steer me in the right direction of how I can help?

Thanks!
16-03-2020 23:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
First, you have to be able to define 'climate change'.
16-03-2020 23:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
smunk44 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new, so sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I'm interested in languages (I'm a Russian major), and I'm interested in finding a job that's somehow involved in fighting climate change. Can anyone who is knowledgeable steer me in the right direction of how I can help? Thanks!

There is no such thing as fighting something that is not real. Climate Change is a religion, nothing more. You might as well try to prevent Rapture.

You can only really fight something that is real.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-03-2020 23:45
smunk44
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
I didn't realize this was a climate change denial forum. I don't know how you guys sleep at night.
17-03-2020 00:29
(14389)
smunk44 wrote:
I didn't realize this was a climate change denial forum. I don't know how you guys sleep at night.

Why do you believe in Climate Change? Were you promised that if you just BELIEVE then you will become an integral member of the Justice League and will save the planet?

Can we agree that you are a scientifically illiterate rube who will gullibly believe whatever he is told as long as he is bullied by threats of being called "thhtooopid!"?

Really, why do you believe in Climate Change?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-03-2020 02:55
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
smunk44 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new, so sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I'm interested in languages (I'm a Russian major), and I'm interested in finding a job that's somehow involved in fighting climate change. Can anyone who is knowledgeable steer me in the right direction of how I can help?

Thanks!

You have landed in a den of vipers my friend! The majority here are viciously opposed to climate change being treated with any respect.

Go to PROZ.COM for translation jobs. You can indicate an interest in climate change though employers would want real credentials.

And this is a forum full of climate deniers but also a place where they get debunked. I wield my mighty axe here with glee

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 17-03-2020 02:57
17-03-2020 03:26
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
smunk44 wrote:
Hi all, I'm new, so sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I'm interested in languages (I'm a Russian major), and I'm interested in finding a job that's somehow involved in fighting climate change. Can anyone who is knowledgeable steer me in the right direction of how I can help?

You have landed in a den of vipers my friend! The majority here are viciously opposed to climate change being treated with any respect.

You should take a cue from tmiddles. This forum prefers to scrutinize the science of those who claim to have it. tmiddles has never had any and he's tired of getting kicked around when he seriously thought his religious beliefs were actually thettled thience.

It's not pretty when you have to explain to someone that nothing spontaneously increases in temperature without additional energy ... and then that "deer in the headlight" stare ensues. tmiddles can tell you; he's still reeling from that one himself. All he can say is that he's happy he stuck with art.

So yeah, listen to tmiddles, he knows.

17-03-2020 03:29
(3979)
smunk44 if you'd like my all time favorite Climate Denier Falls Flat on Face it's here:no data is valid for IBD

IBdaMann wrote:
It's not pretty when you have to explain to someone ....
Ha ha ha. Oh but IBD you are still ducking every one of your latest debunkings:

Misuse of the 1st LTD, Plancks Law/SB Law, and glaring hypocrisy of "Valid Data" exposed:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/venus-is-hotter-than-mercury--d6-e2710-s720.php#post_53762
5 days with no reply

Debating "photons of the lower temperature object are not absorbed by the higher temperature object." and that the a light bulb absorbs the radiance from an oven, IBD claims "go ahead ... I'm ready to debate it.":
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-radiative-greenhouse-effect-does-not-exist-d10-e3047-s40.php#post_53357
12 days with no reply

2nd Law and disproving IBD's confusion about Earth being a isolated system:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/2nd-law-d6-e3030-s80.php#post_53063
18 days with no reply

I would love for you to explain something. PLEASE!

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 17-03-2020 03:32
17-03-2020 03:32
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Since joining this forum I have found the answers I seek so it is not all bad.On another thread I started I have shown how the Satellite Altimetry data was adjusted for some reason and does not match the actual Physical tidal readings.If NASA are capable of doing this then where does it end.I was wrong about the mean sea level in my local port it has gone up 200mm in the last 160 years this could be land sinking and a host of other variables it is the Alarmist mentality that we are all doomed because of a bit more CO2 and we are going to flood and drown that is scary.I am with the scientists who look bemused and simply state its all hyperbole and fearmongering.The big issue when wild claims are made is if a part of it is proven false then it is all false.The sea has gone down in some areas like French Guyana so Keepit gets that run on the board when he/she stated Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit
17-03-2020 03:56
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
ITN and IBD Have their own way of shutting down every comment and have given me a hard time and I agree with them.It would be cool if they explained things a bit simpler for us lay folk rather than just saying your wrong at every turn over terminology.I am sure we all have the ability to bloke posters if that works for you
17-03-2020 06:58
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted TMSb4...29...

No argument presented. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-03-2020 07:30
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN and IBD Have their own way of shutting down every comment and have given me a hard time and I agree with them.It would be cool if they explained things a bit simpler for us lay folk rather than just saying your wrong at every turn over terminology.I am sure we all have the ability to bloke posters if that works for you

I actually have, if you'll remember the bits I did on the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. They were quite extensive.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-03-2020 09:38
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
... the bits I did on the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. They were quite extensive.

And I took care to debunk all your errors. To which you had no rebuttal.
17-03-2020 09:57
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted Mantras 20a1...20a2...7...29...

No argument presented. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

17-03-2020 17:38
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN and IBD Have their own way of shutting down every comment and have given me a hard time and I agree with them.It would be cool if they explained things a bit simpler for us lay folk rather than just saying your wrong at every turn over terminology.

Could you give me an example of one of my explanations that you didn't understand because it wasn't simple enough?

Join the debate Climate jobs related to language?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Ultimate Secret Of Language, Number, Religion, Education, Science, Technology126-08-2020 08:58
The Public Cure Revelation For The Corona Virus NCOV Must Related To Climate Change209-08-2020 04:31
Is Western Arctic Warming related to Magnetic Pole Movement?817-03-2020 03:59
Republicans force climate-related hearing to adjourn after only 2 Democrats show up228-02-2019 03:51
Important space and weather related events of 2018!1008-11-2018 00:43
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact