Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Data 800,000 years



Page 4 of 5<<<2345>
28-08-2017 22:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
I have checked. The output of the Sun is very slightly decreasing this past year so far, and has been for a couple of years now.

The output of the Sun should continue to decrease as we head towards the Solar Minimum. But what is also decreasing is the amount of radiation that makes it to our planet, due to the Milankovitch Effect.

Buzzword fallacy. You do not know where we are in the Milankovich cycles.
GreenMan wrote:
Either should cause the average global temperature to drop, but amazingly, it has been increasing the last several years.

It is not possible to determine the Earth's temperature to any useful degree of accuracy.
GreenMan wrote:
Yeah, I know you are going to say El Nino.

No, I wasn't. If you wish, let's discuss this strawman.
GreenMan wrote:
But this isn't an El Nino year.

Correct.
GreenMan wrote:
So if the sun is the only influence on our climate, then we should drop back down to where we were before the last El Nino came through. That isn't happening.

El Nino is not dependent the radiance of the Sun changing (other than seasonal changes). It is dependent a very slight shift in the position of an ocean current. This shift produces El Nino, Las Nina, and neutral years (like the extremely weak 'La Nina' year last winter).


The Parrot Killer
28-08-2017 22:37
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote: This graph shows what the average global temperature will climb to, if nothing changes.


So you show a graph in which the temperature has done this many times before exactly like this and recovered all by itself and now you're saying something must be done.

You certainly demonstrate a mental capacity of a blackhead.


Did you bother to look at the graph, dingle berry? The average temperature has never been that high. If you need help interpreting graphs, you should probably visit your local elementary school. I'm sure they have a 1st grade teacher that can help you.


It's not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth to any useful degree of accuracy.

This graph is manufactured data.


Certainly it's manufactured - he said it was a model. But then he shows cyclic temperature variation of which most of the peaks are higher than the present one and tells us that it's never been so hot. Exactly what sort of moron would do that?
28-08-2017 22:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
I already AM on Trump's team. I am a citizen of the United States, own my own business, and help stop pollution and make industry more efficient. That industry in turn can make their products cheaper, and make products that never existed before.

Too bad the Church of Karl Marx wants to call that evil.


Not aware that anyone is calling free enterprise evil, just because if it were left up to free enterprise to police their own pollution, then our environment would be destroyed already.

It's time to put this particular lie to rest. See below.
GreenMan wrote:
Companies used to just pour their waste into the rivers, or pile it in an out of the way place, because their waste products cost too much to dispose of properly.

While some have done this, most don't.
GreenMan wrote:
Same thing is going on now, but we have so many bleeding heart conservatives that want to cry foul now

Mostly because they don't understand the chemistry, the science, or the meaning of the word 'pollution'.
GreenMan wrote:
that we know CO2 and CH4 are pollutants.

No, they aren't.

Now let's talk about your favorite Marxist lie:

Time was, there was no European on this continent.

When they arrived, they started with NOTHING but a few seeds and will to build a new civilization. They barely made it through their first year, and that only with help from the indigenous people already living here. There were no pollution laws. Nothing stopped anyone. They policed themselves.

From that, they built businesses, industry, and whole cities such as Boston, New York, Philadelphia. Over the years, these cities prospered and industry grew. All this from nothing.

When pioneers came west, they arrived with NOTHING but a few seeds. From that, they built an economy. Established their own laws. Built whole cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, and Seattle. When they arrived, there were no pollution laws. They policed themselves.

Good old capitalism in action. They BUILT these cities and civilization from NOTHING but wild country, a few seeds, and a will to make a better life for themselves.

Occasional pollution happened. They have been cleaned up. Smog isn't the nearly the problem is used to be. Lake Washington doesn't stink from raw sewage anymore and people happily swim, fish, and boat in it. Today it is considered a jewel of Seattle.

NONE of the cleanups were done by government edict. Smog was reduced by new technology developed by private enterprise. It consisted of a simple pipe and valve that routes exhaust gases back into the induction system to reduce peak cylinder temperatures. Today we call that the EGR system.

Lake Washington was cleaned up by people like me, a private company that develops new instrumentation for industrial controls, including sewage treatment plants, and by people like my parents, who campaigned for a regional transit and wastewater treatment authority (successfully). Today, we call it Metro. The vote for that was a great example of people coming together to improve their own civilization and establishing their own laws.

Want to see an example of someone policing themselves? Look at any reasonably maintained house and yard. People do this voluntarily, not because the government forces them to. People generally WANT to live in a nice place and voluntarily perform work and keep their neighborhoods clean to do it. Businesses are no different. They are people. They want to work in a clean environment. They contribute to their communities through their products and profit.

Some people are slobs. They don't mind living in their own garbage. They are few and far between. They are lazy asses that everyone despises.

Some businesses are slobs. They don't mind living in their own garbage. They are few and far between. They have trouble keeping employees. Their own inefficiencies and waste eventually put them out of business.

When you start with nothing, and build whole cities and a civilization, clean up your own messes, THAT is self policing. It not only works, it is the history of the entire United States.


The Parrot Killer
28-08-2017 22:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote: This graph shows what the average global temperature will climb to, if nothing changes.


So you show a graph in which the temperature has done this many times before exactly like this and recovered all by itself and now you're saying something must be done.

You certainly demonstrate a mental capacity of a blackhead.


Did you bother to look at the graph, dingle berry? The average temperature has never been that high. If you need help interpreting graphs, you should probably visit your local elementary school. I'm sure they have a 1st grade teacher that can help you.


It's not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth to any useful degree of accuracy.

This graph is manufactured data.


Certainly it's manufactured - he said it was a model. But then he shows cyclic temperature variation of which most of the peaks are higher than the present one and tells us that it's never been so hot. Exactly what sort of moron would do that?


You need an example besides Greenman?

Look no further than the Church of Global Warming. It doesn't teach critical thinking. It teaches a fundamentalist belief in Holy Gas and it's magick properties. It teaches people how to remain in ignorance. It teaches people not to think.


The Parrot Killer
29-08-2017 01:09
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Into the Night wrote: Now let's talk about your favorite Marxist lie:

Time was, there was no European on this continent.

When they arrived, they started with NOTHING but a few seeds and will to build a new civilization. They barely made it through their first year, and that only with help from the indigenous people already living here. There were no pollution laws. Nothing stopped anyone. They policed themselves.

From that, they built businesses, industry, and whole cities such as Boston, New York, Philadelphia. Over the years, these cities prospered and industry grew. All this from nothing.

When pioneers came west, they arrived with NOTHING but a few seeds. From that, they built an economy. Established their own laws. Built whole cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, and Seattle. When they arrived, there were no pollution laws. They policed themselves.

Good old capitalism in action. They BUILT these cities and civilization from NOTHING but wild country, a few seeds, and a will to make a better life for themselves.

Occasional pollution happened. They have been cleaned up. Smog isn't the nearly the problem is used to be. Lake Washington doesn't stink from raw sewage anymore and people happily swim, fish, and boat in it. Today it is considered a jewel of Seattle.

NONE of the cleanups were done by government edict. Smog was reduced by new technology developed by private enterprise. It consisted of a simple pipe and valve that routes exhaust gases back into the induction system to reduce peak cylinder temperatures. Today we call that the EGR system.

Lake Washington was cleaned up by people like me, a private company that develops new instrumentation for industrial controls, including sewage treatment plants, and by people like my parents, who campaigned for a regional transit and wastewater treatment authority (successfully). Today, we call it Metro. The vote for that was a great example of people coming together to improve their own civilization and establishing their own laws.

Want to see an example of someone policing themselves? Look at any reasonably maintained house and yard. People do this voluntarily, not because the government forces them to. People generally WANT to live in a nice place and voluntarily perform work and keep their neighborhoods clean to do it. Businesses are no different. They are people. They want to work in a clean environment. They contribute to their communities through their products and profit.

Some people are slobs. They don't mind living in their own garbage. They are few and far between. They are lazy asses that everyone despises.

Some businesses are slobs. They don't mind living in their own garbage. They are few and far between. They have trouble keeping employees. Their own inefficiencies and waste eventually put them out of business.

When you start with nothing, and build whole cities and a civilization, clean up your own messes, THAT is self policing. It not only works, it is the history of the entire United States.


What we can tell from greenman's rantings is that he lives like a pig. He never cleans up anything. He throws all of his trash out the window of the car he's in. Burger bags and plastic pop bottles. If he has glass he throws it on the streets. He has NEVER voluntarily cleaned anything up. It is likely that he thinks of himself as "green" because he was convicted of a misdemeanor and sentenced to local road clean-up and such.
29-08-2017 01:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote: Now let's talk about your favorite Marxist lie:

Time was, there was no European on this continent.

When they arrived, they started with NOTHING but a few seeds and will to build a new civilization. They barely made it through their first year, and that only with help from the indigenous people already living here. There were no pollution laws. Nothing stopped anyone. They policed themselves.

From that, they built businesses, industry, and whole cities such as Boston, New York, Philadelphia. Over the years, these cities prospered and industry grew. All this from nothing.

When pioneers came west, they arrived with NOTHING but a few seeds. From that, they built an economy. Established their own laws. Built whole cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, and Seattle. When they arrived, there were no pollution laws. They policed themselves.

Good old capitalism in action. They BUILT these cities and civilization from NOTHING but wild country, a few seeds, and a will to make a better life for themselves.

Occasional pollution happened. They have been cleaned up. Smog isn't the nearly the problem is used to be. Lake Washington doesn't stink from raw sewage anymore and people happily swim, fish, and boat in it. Today it is considered a jewel of Seattle.

NONE of the cleanups were done by government edict. Smog was reduced by new technology developed by private enterprise. It consisted of a simple pipe and valve that routes exhaust gases back into the induction system to reduce peak cylinder temperatures. Today we call that the EGR system.

Lake Washington was cleaned up by people like me, a private company that develops new instrumentation for industrial controls, including sewage treatment plants, and by people like my parents, who campaigned for a regional transit and wastewater treatment authority (successfully). Today, we call it Metro. The vote for that was a great example of people coming together to improve their own civilization and establishing their own laws.

Want to see an example of someone policing themselves? Look at any reasonably maintained house and yard. People do this voluntarily, not because the government forces them to. People generally WANT to live in a nice place and voluntarily perform work and keep their neighborhoods clean to do it. Businesses are no different. They are people. They want to work in a clean environment. They contribute to their communities through their products and profit.

Some people are slobs. They don't mind living in their own garbage. They are few and far between. They are lazy asses that everyone despises.

Some businesses are slobs. They don't mind living in their own garbage. They are few and far between. They have trouble keeping employees. Their own inefficiencies and waste eventually put them out of business.

When you start with nothing, and build whole cities and a civilization, clean up your own messes, THAT is self policing. It not only works, it is the history of the entire United States.


What we can tell from greenman's rantings is that he lives like a pig. He never cleans up anything. He throws all of his trash out the window of the car he's in. Burger bags and plastic pop bottles. If he has glass he throws it on the streets. He has NEVER voluntarily cleaned anything up. It is likely that he thinks of himself as "green" because he was convicted of a misdemeanor and sentenced to local road clean-up and such.


It means he requires someone else to take care of him. He is not his own man.


The Parrot Killer
29-08-2017 03:00
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote: This graph shows what the average global temperature will climb to, if nothing changes.


So you show a graph in which the temperature has done this many times before exactly like this and recovered all by itself and now you're saying something must be done.

You certainly demonstrate a mental capacity of a blackhead.


Did you bother to look at the graph, dingle berry? The average temperature has never been that high. If you need help interpreting graphs, you should probably visit your local elementary school. I'm sure they have a 1st grade teacher that can help you.


It's not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth to any useful degree of accuracy.

This graph is manufactured data.


Certainly it's manufactured - he said it was a model. But then he shows cyclic temperature variation of which most of the peaks are higher than the present one and tells us that it's never been so hot. Exactly what sort of moron would do that?


I was talking about what the model projects for 1000 years from now, moron.

And yes, the model's output is manufactured data, that is being compared to data obtained from ice cores that indicate the temperature of the air when the ice was formed.


~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
29-08-2017 03:19
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
I have checked. The output of the Sun is very slightly decreasing this past year so far, and has been for a couple of years now.

The output of the Sun should continue to decrease as we head towards the Solar Minimum. But what is also decreasing is the amount of radiation that makes it to our planet, due to the Milankovitch Effect.

Buzzword fallacy. You do not know where we are in the Milankovich cycles.

Nah, not a fallacy at all. I know precisely where we are, and what that does to the insolation we receive from the sun. I've shown you this graph before, which shows the current amount of solar insolation, based on where we are.

We are at 0, the left side of the graph.

Or, if you want to know precisely where we are in the Milankovitch Cycle, you can look at this graph.


That one makes it a little easier to figure out where we are right now, by saying Now, in the top left corner. As you can see, the insolation on that graph agrees with the insolation on the one I generated.

Funny that you avoid answering my direct questions to you regarding this information. According to your view, the sun is the only thing that regulates our climate, so it should be getting cooler now, now warmer. Attacking the data I use will only get you so far. If you want to prove your side of this argument, you need to present your data regarding where we are in the Milankovitch Cycle.

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Either should cause the average global temperature to drop, but amazingly, it has been increasing the last several years.

It is not possible to determine the Earth's temperature to any useful degree of accuracy.

They use the same thermometers year after year, so they can tell whether it is getting warmer or cooler each year. You don't have a valid point here, and it is obvious to any intelligent reader that you are just whining about something you can't do anything about.

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Yeah, I know you are going to say El Nino.

No, I wasn't. If you wish, let's discuss this strawman.
GreenMan wrote:
But this isn't an El Nino year.

Correct.
GreenMan wrote:
So if the sun is the only influence on our climate, then we should drop back down to where we were before the last El Nino came through. That isn't happening.

El Nino is not dependent the radiance of the Sun changing (other than seasonal changes). It is dependent a very slight shift in the position of an ocean current. This shift produces El Nino, Las Nina, and neutral years (like the extremely weak 'La Nina' year last winter).


So why is it not getting cooler as the years go by?
You can only avoid this question for so long, so you might as well take a crack at it.


~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
29-08-2017 04:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote: This graph shows what the average global temperature will climb to, if nothing changes.


So you show a graph in which the temperature has done this many times before exactly like this and recovered all by itself and now you're saying something must be done.

You certainly demonstrate a mental capacity of a blackhead.


Did you bother to look at the graph, dingle berry? The average temperature has never been that high. If you need help interpreting graphs, you should probably visit your local elementary school. I'm sure they have a 1st grade teacher that can help you.


It's not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth to any useful degree of accuracy.

This graph is manufactured data.


Certainly it's manufactured - he said it was a model. But then he shows cyclic temperature variation of which most of the peaks are higher than the present one and tells us that it's never been so hot. Exactly what sort of moron would do that?


I was talking about what the model projects for 1000 years from now, moron.

Your chicken entrails are that good, eh?
GreenMan wrote:
And yes, the model's output is manufactured data, that is being compared to data obtained from ice cores that indicate the temperature of the air when the ice was formed.

At least you admit its manufactured data now. As such, it doesn't mean anything. It's just random numbers (of the type randU).


The Parrot Killer
29-08-2017 04:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
I have checked. The output of the Sun is very slightly decreasing this past year so far, and has been for a couple of years now.

The output of the Sun should continue to decrease as we head towards the Solar Minimum. But what is also decreasing is the amount of radiation that makes it to our planet, due to the Milankovitch Effect.

Buzzword fallacy. You do not know where we are in the Milankovich cycles.

Nah, not a fallacy at all. I know precisely where we are, and what that does to the insolation we receive from the sun. I've shown you this graph before, which shows the current amount of solar insolation, based on where we are.
...deleted manufactured data...
We are at 0, the left side of the graph.

Or, if you want to know precisely where we are in the Milankovitch Cycle, you can look at this graph.
...deleted extraneous graph...

Someday you'll learn to read a graph properly, and stop using Milankovitch Cycle as a buzzword.
GreenMan wrote:
That one makes it a little easier to figure out where we are right now, by saying Now, in the top left corner. As you can see, the insolation on that graph agrees with the insolation on the one I generated.

Argument from randU.
GreenMan wrote:
Funny that you avoid answering my direct questions to you regarding this information.
GreenMan wrote:
According to your view, the sun is the only thing that regulates our climate, so it should be getting cooler now, now warmer.
GreenMan wrote:
Attacking the data I use will only get you so far. If you want to prove your side of this argument, you need to present your data regarding where we are in the Milankovitch Cycle.
[quote]GreenMan wrote:
[quote]Into the Night wrote:
[quote]GreenMan wrote:
Either should cause the average global temperature to drop, but amazingly, it has been increasing the last several years.

It is not possible to determine the Earth's temperature to any useful degree of accuracy.

They use the same thermometers year after year, so they can tell whether it is getting warmer or cooler each year. You don't have a valid point here, and it is obvious to any intelligent reader that you are just whining about something you can't do anything about.

Math error.
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Yeah, I know you are going to say El Nino.

No, I wasn't. If you wish, let's discuss this strawman.
GreenMan wrote:
But this isn't an El Nino year.

Correct.
GreenMan wrote:
So if the sun is the only influence on our climate, then we should drop back down to where we were before the last El Nino came through. That isn't happening.

El Nino is not dependent the radiance of the Sun changing (other than seasonal changes). It is dependent a very slight shift in the position of an ocean current. This shift produces El Nino, Las Nina, and neutral years (like the extremely weak 'La Nina' year last winter).


So why is it not getting cooler as the years go by?
You can only avoid this question for so long, so you might as well take a crack at it.

You don't know the temperature of the Earth. It is not possible to determine it to any useful degree of accuracy.


The Parrot Killer
29-08-2017 05:45
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
[quote]Into the Night wrote:
I have checked. The output of the Sun is very slightly decreasing this past year so far, and has been for a couple of years now.

The output of the Sun should continue to decrease as we head towards the Solar Minimum. But what is also decreasing is the amount of radiation that makes it to our planet, due to the Milankovitch Effect.

Buzzword fallacy. You do not know where we are in the Milankovich cycles.

Nah, not a fallacy at all. I know precisely where we are, and what that does to the insolation we receive from the sun. I've shown you this graph before, which shows the current amount of solar insolation, based on where we are.
...deleted manufactured data...
We are at 0, the left side of the graph.

Or, if you want to know precisely where we are in the Milankovitch Cycle, you can look at this graph.
...deleted extraneous graph...

Someday you'll learn to read a graph properly, and stop using Milankovitch Cycle as a buzzword.
GreenMan wrote:
That one makes it a little easier to figure out where we are right now, by saying Now, in the top left corner. As you can see, the insolation on that graph agrees with the insolation on the one I generated.

Argument from randU.
GreenMan wrote:
Funny that you avoid answering my direct questions to you regarding this information.
GreenMan wrote:
According to your view, the sun is the only thing that regulates our climate, so it should be getting cooler now, now warmer.
GreenMan wrote:
Attacking the data I use will only get you so far. If you want to prove your side of this argument, you need to present your data regarding where we are in the Milankovitch Cycle.
GreenMan wrote:
[quote]Into the Night wrote:
[quote]GreenMan wrote:
Either should cause the average global temperature to drop, but amazingly, it has been increasing the last several years.

It is not possible to determine the Earth's temperature to any useful degree of accuracy.

They use the same thermometers year after year, so they can tell whether it is getting warmer or cooler each year. You don't have a valid point here, and it is obvious to any intelligent reader that you are just whining about something you can't do anything about.

Math error.
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Yeah, I know you are going to say El Nino.

No, I wasn't. If you wish, let's discuss this strawman.
GreenMan wrote:
But this isn't an El Nino year.

Correct.
GreenMan wrote:
So if the sun is the only influence on our climate, then we should drop back down to where we were before the last El Nino came through. That isn't happening.

El Nino is not dependent the radiance of the Sun changing (other than seasonal changes). It is dependent a very slight shift in the position of an ocean current. This shift produces El Nino, Las Nina, and neutral years (like the extremely weak 'La Nina' year last winter).


So why is it not getting cooler as the years go by?
You can only avoid this question for so long, so you might as well take a crack at it.

You don't know the temperature of the Earth. It is not possible to determine it to any useful degree of accuracy.

I don't use Milankovitch Cycle as a buzzword, ****. And you keep deleting the information presented, without offering any other data to show where you think we are in the buzzword thing.

So let's get to the root of the problem. You would rather avoid information contrary to any argument you have, regardless of the common validity of the information you are dismissing. You are closing your eyes, and acting like it's not there. That works for the boogy man, but we are all adults here. There is no boogy man to be afraid of.

So please answer my question, once and for all. Why isn't it getting cooler each year, since solar insolation is growing less each year?

Or, please explain why you think solar insolation is not growing less each year.


~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
29-08-2017 11:48
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

There's no such thing as..............anything that doesn't fit into your version of reality. So there is no such thing as ever changing your twisted mind. But perhaps there are people who are interested in knowing what is really going on.

You avoid answering a lot of questions simply by claiming there is no way of knowing the temperature of the planet. You are correct in that there is no way to measure its absolute value. But we do measure it with thermometers spread around the world. And they even use satellites to measure the temperature nowadays, even though they don't really measure the temperature, they read the light. And we can compare those readings, whether from satellite or thermometers and get a fairly close annual average. As long as we do it the same way each year, then we can compare those averages and determine if the planet is getting warmer or cooler, or even staying the same.

You also claim there is no way of knowing what the insolation from the sun really is either. Again you are using the same tactic of ignore-ance. We have that information. You have shown no reason to doubt it, other than it doesn't fit your criteria for acceptable data. You don't even know though, because you haven't bothered to check. You would rather just assume it is wrong. I guess that works for you, but it doesn't do your argument much good.

And none of this does your credibility any good either. Ignoring solid data is about the same as lying, because you are lying to yourself. If you will lie to yourself, then you would lie to everyone else. And you know what, the world doesn't need another liar telling us what to do or what to think. We have enough of that already with the current regime at the White House. Is that what you are trying to do? Are you trying to get on Trump's team?


Tell me pantywaist - since we're all going to die from global warming anyway what does it matter who is President and what he does? Do you suppose cutting US emissions 100% would have any effect now that China and India and Russia are the world's largest CO2 generators?


Pantywaist? What the hell does that mean anyway? You're such a moron.
China, India, and Russia are all part of the Paris Accord to cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions. We are the only country being led by a complete idiot. And guess what, genius, we are the leading CO2 producers per capita.


We are not China. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not Russia. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not India. The United States is not India.

Frankly, it doesn't matter who decided to stay in the 'Paris accord'.

It doesn't matter how much CO2 we produce. It doesn't harm the planet.

I already know you think Trump is an idiot. I'll allow for this only because you are talking about a politician. Be careful with him, though. He is the Corbomite president.


What's the matter, you don't know what kind of country India is?
The point is that we are the only significant nation on the planet that is not taking the threat of CO2 pollution and Global Warming seriously. Do you think the rest of the world will allow us to continue polluting, while they begin to pay for the cleanup/withdrawal? Your belief that CO2 doesn't harm the planet is ridiculous in this day and age. It is common knowledge that CO2 increases the warming of our planet. Your little claim to fame, which you thinks keeps you out of the ranks of Parrot, is totally unbelievable, and incredibly stupid.

There is no such thing as Corbomite. It was a bluff, remember?


~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
29-08-2017 16:25
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote: This graph shows what the average global temperature will climb to, if nothing changes.


So you show a graph in which the temperature has done this many times before exactly like this and recovered all by itself and now you're saying something must be done.

You certainly demonstrate a mental capacity of a blackhead.


Did you bother to look at the graph, dingle berry? The average temperature has never been that high. If you need help interpreting graphs, you should probably visit your local elementary school. I'm sure they have a 1st grade teacher that can help you.


It's not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth to any useful degree of accuracy.

This graph is manufactured data.


Certainly it's manufactured - he said it was a model. But then he shows cyclic temperature variation of which most of the peaks are higher than the present one and tells us that it's never been so hot. Exactly what sort of moron would do that?


I was talking about what the model projects for 1000 years from now, moron.

And yes, the model's output is manufactured data, that is being compared to data obtained from ice cores that indicate the temperature of the air when the ice was formed.


So not only are you inventing past climate for a hundred thousand years but now you're modeling climate into the future for 1000 years when all of the scientists say that there is insufficient evidence to justify any predictions.

It must be hell to be a moron. Tell me, doesn't it hurt to be that stupid?
29-08-2017 23:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GreenMan wrote:
I don't use Milankovitch Cycle as a buzzword, ****

Yes you do. You do not seems to understand anything about the cycles. You just quote a graph of them and post 'here we are'.
GreenMan wrote:
And you keep deleting the information presented,

I normally delete manufactured data, Holy Links, and Holy References. They clutter up the response.
GreenMan wrote:
without offering any other data

I do not need to give any data. I do not need to prove a negative.
GreenMan wrote:
to show where you think we are in the buzzword thing.

Data is not used to show the use of a buzzword.
GreenMan wrote:
So let's get to the root of the problem.

There is no problem.
GreenMan wrote:
You would rather avoid information contrary to any argument you have, regardless of the common validity of the information you are dismissing.

What information? You haven't presented any! You have only presented random numbers!
GreenMan wrote:
You are closing your eyes, and acting like it's not there.

I know what a random number is. Do you?
GreenMan wrote:
That works for the boogy man, but we are all adults here. There is no boogy man to be afraid of.

A strawman, and an argument of ignorance fallacy.
GreenMan wrote:
So please answer my question, once and for all. Why isn't it getting cooler each year, since solar insolation is growing less each year?

Not possible to answer. It is not possible to determine the temperature of Earth.
GreenMan wrote:
Or, please explain why you think solar insolation is not growing less each year.

The instrumentation shows it. Bet you don't know what that is, do you?


The Parrot Killer
29-08-2017 23:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

There's no such thing as..............anything that doesn't fit into your version of reality. So there is no such thing as ever changing your twisted mind. But perhaps there are people who are interested in knowing what is really going on.

You avoid answering a lot of questions simply by claiming there is no way of knowing the temperature of the planet. You are correct in that there is no way to measure its absolute value. But we do measure it with thermometers spread around the world. And they even use satellites to measure the temperature nowadays, even though they don't really measure the temperature, they read the light. And we can compare those readings, whether from satellite or thermometers and get a fairly close annual average. As long as we do it the same way each year, then we can compare those averages and determine if the planet is getting warmer or cooler, or even staying the same.

You also claim there is no way of knowing what the insolation from the sun really is either. Again you are using the same tactic of ignore-ance. We have that information. You have shown no reason to doubt it, other than it doesn't fit your criteria for acceptable data. You don't even know though, because you haven't bothered to check. You would rather just assume it is wrong. I guess that works for you, but it doesn't do your argument much good.

And none of this does your credibility any good either. Ignoring solid data is about the same as lying, because you are lying to yourself. If you will lie to yourself, then you would lie to everyone else. And you know what, the world doesn't need another liar telling us what to do or what to think. We have enough of that already with the current regime at the White House. Is that what you are trying to do? Are you trying to get on Trump's team?


Tell me pantywaist - since we're all going to die from global warming anyway what does it matter who is President and what he does? Do you suppose cutting US emissions 100% would have any effect now that China and India and Russia are the world's largest CO2 generators?


Pantywaist? What the hell does that mean anyway? You're such a moron.
China, India, and Russia are all part of the Paris Accord to cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions. We are the only country being led by a complete idiot. And guess what, genius, we are the leading CO2 producers per capita.


We are not China. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not Russia. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not India. The United States is not India.

Frankly, it doesn't matter who decided to stay in the 'Paris accord'.

It doesn't matter how much CO2 we produce. It doesn't harm the planet.

I already know you think Trump is an idiot. I'll allow for this only because you are talking about a politician. Be careful with him, though. He is the Corbomite president.


What's the matter, you don't know what kind of country India is?

I know what kind of country India is. Strawman fallacy.
GreenMan wrote:
The point is that we are the only significant nation on the planet that is not taking the threat of CO2 pollution and Global Warming seriously.

Wrong. The world is not just Europe and the United States.
GreenMan wrote:
Do you think the rest of the world will allow us to continue polluting,

CO2 is not a pollutant.
GreenMan wrote:
while they begin to pay for the cleanup/withdrawal?

No withdrawal needed.
GreenMan wrote:
Your belief that CO2 doesn't harm the planet is ridiculous in this day and age.

Argument from incredulity based on an argument of novelty (both fallacies).
GreenMan wrote:
It is common knowledge that CO2 increases the warming of our planet.

No, it is a common belief. Religion is not knowledge.
GreenMan wrote:
Your little claim to fame, which you thinks keeps you out of the ranks of Parrot, is totally unbelievable, and incredibly stupid.

Argument from incredulity, coupled with an ad hominem.
GreenMan wrote:
There is no such thing as Corbomite.

It is a fictional material, true.
GreenMan wrote:
It was a bluff, remember?

The bluff worked, remember?

I refer to Trump as the Corbomite President, since anyone that tries to attack him only does themselves harm. They just look ridiculous or silly trying. It might even cut short their political career.


The Parrot Killer
30-08-2017 01:12
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

There's no such thing as..............anything that doesn't fit into your version of reality. So there is no such thing as ever changing your twisted mind. But perhaps there are people who are interested in knowing what is really going on.

You avoid answering a lot of questions simply by claiming there is no way of knowing the temperature of the planet. You are correct in that there is no way to measure its absolute value. But we do measure it with thermometers spread around the world. And they even use satellites to measure the temperature nowadays, even though they don't really measure the temperature, they read the light. And we can compare those readings, whether from satellite or thermometers and get a fairly close annual average. As long as we do it the same way each year, then we can compare those averages and determine if the planet is getting warmer or cooler, or even staying the same.

You also claim there is no way of knowing what the insolation from the sun really is either. Again you are using the same tactic of ignore-ance. We have that information. You have shown no reason to doubt it, other than it doesn't fit your criteria for acceptable data. You don't even know though, because you haven't bothered to check. You would rather just assume it is wrong. I guess that works for you, but it doesn't do your argument much good.

And none of this does your credibility any good either. Ignoring solid data is about the same as lying, because you are lying to yourself. If you will lie to yourself, then you would lie to everyone else. And you know what, the world doesn't need another liar telling us what to do or what to think. We have enough of that already with the current regime at the White House. Is that what you are trying to do? Are you trying to get on Trump's team?


Tell me pantywaist - since we're all going to die from global warming anyway what does it matter who is President and what he does? Do you suppose cutting US emissions 100% would have any effect now that China and India and Russia are the world's largest CO2 generators?


Pantywaist? What the hell does that mean anyway? You're such a moron.
China, India, and Russia are all part of the Paris Accord to cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions. We are the only country being led by a complete idiot. And guess what, genius, we are the leading CO2 producers per capita.


We are not China. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not Russia. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not India. The United States is not India.

Frankly, it doesn't matter who decided to stay in the 'Paris accord'.

It doesn't matter how much CO2 we produce. It doesn't harm the planet.

I already know you think Trump is an idiot. I'll allow for this only because you are talking about a politician. Be careful with him, though. He is the Corbomite president.


What's the matter, you don't know what kind of country India is?

I know what kind of country India is. Strawman fallacy.
GreenMan wrote:
The point is that we are the only significant nation on the planet that is not taking the threat of CO2 pollution and Global Warming seriously.

Wrong. The world is not just Europe and the United States.
GreenMan wrote:
Do you think the rest of the world will allow us to continue polluting,

CO2 is not a pollutant.
GreenMan wrote:
while they begin to pay for the cleanup/withdrawal?

No withdrawal needed.
GreenMan wrote:
Your belief that CO2 doesn't harm the planet is ridiculous in this day and age.

Argument from incredulity based on an argument of novelty (both fallacies).
GreenMan wrote:
It is common knowledge that CO2 increases the warming of our planet.

No, it is a common belief. Religion is not knowledge.
GreenMan wrote:
Your little claim to fame, which you thinks keeps you out of the ranks of Parrot, is totally unbelievable, and incredibly stupid.

Argument from incredulity, coupled with an ad hominem.
GreenMan wrote:
There is no such thing as Corbomite.

It is a fictional material, true.
GreenMan wrote:
It was a bluff, remember?

The bluff worked, remember?

I refer to Trump as the Corbomite President, since anyone that tries to attack him only does themselves harm. They just look ridiculous or silly trying. It might even cut short their political career.


In the Paris Accords the rest of the world doesn't even have to TRY to do anything until 2024. Why should the USA be required to do things that no other country is?
30-08-2017 01:17
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleep sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) raciI refer to Trump as the Corbomite President, since st pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: anyone that tries to attack him, "don'T rump", only does themselves harm.

Racism, sexism, xenophobia & personal denial are deep in most persons(?) who voted for "don'T rump", as are the qualities in the racist AGW denier liar whiners on this poopsite.
Edited on 30-08-2017 01:21
30-08-2017 03:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

There's no such thing as..............anything that doesn't fit into your version of reality. So there is no such thing as ever changing your twisted mind. But perhaps there are people who are interested in knowing what is really going on.

You avoid answering a lot of questions simply by claiming there is no way of knowing the temperature of the planet. You are correct in that there is no way to measure its absolute value. But we do measure it with thermometers spread around the world. And they even use satellites to measure the temperature nowadays, even though they don't really measure the temperature, they read the light. And we can compare those readings, whether from satellite or thermometers and get a fairly close annual average. As long as we do it the same way each year, then we can compare those averages and determine if the planet is getting warmer or cooler, or even staying the same.

You also claim there is no way of knowing what the insolation from the sun really is either. Again you are using the same tactic of ignore-ance. We have that information. You have shown no reason to doubt it, other than it doesn't fit your criteria for acceptable data. You don't even know though, because you haven't bothered to check. You would rather just assume it is wrong. I guess that works for you, but it doesn't do your argument much good.

And none of this does your credibility any good either. Ignoring solid data is about the same as lying, because you are lying to yourself. If you will lie to yourself, then you would lie to everyone else. And you know what, the world doesn't need another liar telling us what to do or what to think. We have enough of that already with the current regime at the White House. Is that what you are trying to do? Are you trying to get on Trump's team?


Tell me pantywaist - since we're all going to die from global warming anyway what does it matter who is President and what he does? Do you suppose cutting US emissions 100% would have any effect now that China and India and Russia are the world's largest CO2 generators?


Pantywaist? What the hell does that mean anyway? You're such a moron.
China, India, and Russia are all part of the Paris Accord to cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions. We are the only country being led by a complete idiot. And guess what, genius, we are the leading CO2 producers per capita.


We are not China. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not Russia. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not India. The United States is not India.

Frankly, it doesn't matter who decided to stay in the 'Paris accord'.

It doesn't matter how much CO2 we produce. It doesn't harm the planet.

I already know you think Trump is an idiot. I'll allow for this only because you are talking about a politician. Be careful with him, though. He is the Corbomite president.


What's the matter, you don't know what kind of country India is?

I know what kind of country India is. Strawman fallacy.
GreenMan wrote:
The point is that we are the only significant nation on the planet that is not taking the threat of CO2 pollution and Global Warming seriously.

Wrong. The world is not just Europe and the United States.
GreenMan wrote:
Do you think the rest of the world will allow us to continue polluting,

CO2 is not a pollutant.
GreenMan wrote:
while they begin to pay for the cleanup/withdrawal?

No withdrawal needed.
GreenMan wrote:
Your belief that CO2 doesn't harm the planet is ridiculous in this day and age.

Argument from incredulity based on an argument of novelty (both fallacies).
GreenMan wrote:
It is common knowledge that CO2 increases the warming of our planet.

No, it is a common belief. Religion is not knowledge.
GreenMan wrote:
Your little claim to fame, which you thinks keeps you out of the ranks of Parrot, is totally unbelievable, and incredibly stupid.

Argument from incredulity, coupled with an ad hominem.
GreenMan wrote:
There is no such thing as Corbomite.

It is a fictional material, true.
GreenMan wrote:
It was a bluff, remember?

The bluff worked, remember?

I refer to Trump as the Corbomite President, since anyone that tries to attack him only does themselves harm. They just look ridiculous or silly trying. It might even cut short their political career.


In the Paris Accords the rest of the world doesn't even have to TRY to do anything until 2024. Why should the USA be required to do things that no other country is?


Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


The Parrot Killer
30-08-2017 18:52
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

There's no such thing as..............anything that doesn't fit into your version of reality. So there is no such thing as ever changing your twisted mind. But perhaps there are people who are interested in knowing what is really going on.

You avoid answering a lot of questions simply by claiming there is no way of knowing the temperature of the planet. You are correct in that there is no way to measure its absolute value. But we do measure it with thermometers spread around the world. And they even use satellites to measure the temperature nowadays, even though they don't really measure the temperature, they read the light. And we can compare those readings, whether from satellite or thermometers and get a fairly close annual average. As long as we do it the same way each year, then we can compare those averages and determine if the planet is getting warmer or cooler, or even staying the same.

You also claim there is no way of knowing what the insolation from the sun really is either. Again you are using the same tactic of ignore-ance. We have that information. You have shown no reason to doubt it, other than it doesn't fit your criteria for acceptable data. You don't even know though, because you haven't bothered to check. You would rather just assume it is wrong. I guess that works for you, but it doesn't do your argument much good.

And none of this does your credibility any good either. Ignoring solid data is about the same as lying, because you are lying to yourself. If you will lie to yourself, then you would lie to everyone else. And you know what, the world doesn't need another liar telling us what to do or what to think. We have enough of that already with the current regime at the White House. Is that what you are trying to do? Are you trying to get on Trump's team?


Tell me pantywaist - since we're all going to die from global warming anyway what does it matter who is President and what he does? Do you suppose cutting US emissions 100% would have any effect now that China and India and Russia are the world's largest CO2 generators?


Pantywaist? What the hell does that mean anyway? You're such a moron.
China, India, and Russia are all part of the Paris Accord to cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions. We are the only country being led by a complete idiot. And guess what, genius, we are the leading CO2 producers per capita.


We are not China. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not Russia. The United States is not a communist nation.

We are not India. The United States is not India.

Frankly, it doesn't matter who decided to stay in the 'Paris accord'.

It doesn't matter how much CO2 we produce. It doesn't harm the planet.

I already know you think Trump is an idiot. I'll allow for this only because you are talking about a politician. Be careful with him, though. He is the Corbomite president.


What's the matter, you don't know what kind of country India is?

I know what kind of country India is. Strawman fallacy.
GreenMan wrote:
The point is that we are the only significant nation on the planet that is not taking the threat of CO2 pollution and Global Warming seriously.

Wrong. The world is not just Europe and the United States.
GreenMan wrote:
Do you think the rest of the world will allow us to continue polluting,

CO2 is not a pollutant.
GreenMan wrote:
while they begin to pay for the cleanup/withdrawal?

No withdrawal needed.
GreenMan wrote:
Your belief that CO2 doesn't harm the planet is ridiculous in this day and age.

Argument from incredulity based on an argument of novelty (both fallacies).
GreenMan wrote:
It is common knowledge that CO2 increases the warming of our planet.

No, it is a common belief. Religion is not knowledge.
GreenMan wrote:
Your little claim to fame, which you thinks keeps you out of the ranks of Parrot, is totally unbelievable, and incredibly stupid.

Argument from incredulity, coupled with an ad hominem.
GreenMan wrote:
There is no such thing as Corbomite.

It is a fictional material, true.
GreenMan wrote:
It was a bluff, remember?

The bluff worked, remember?

I refer to Trump as the Corbomite President, since anyone that tries to attack him only does themselves harm. They just look ridiculous or silly trying. It might even cut short their political career.


In the Paris Accords the rest of the world doesn't even have to TRY to do anything until 2024. Why should the USA be required to do things that no other country is?


Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.
30-08-2017 22:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


The Parrot Killer
30-08-2017 23:33
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?
30-08-2017 23:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 30-08-2017 23:50
31-08-2017 00:25
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


I risked my life in the support of Democracy. I grew up in a time where everyone would. Apparently you cannot tell the difference between Democracy and Marxism.

What have you done to support Democracy? And have you put YOUR life on the line for your beliefs? Or was your "risk" calling Collin Kapernick mean things on-line with an anonymous name?
31-08-2017 00:26
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1695)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


What? I don't know Wake, never met him....But a Marxist he is not. Not one ounce. What statement do you get that from?


gasguzzler, calling the jet stream the "Norwegian jet stream" is a bigoted statement. -James-
Edited on 31-08-2017 00:54
31-08-2017 00:57
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


What? I don't Know wake, never met him....But a Marxist he is not. Not one ounce. What statement do you get that from?


Actually many of his statements are reminiscent of early onset dementia. The way he was trying to seem knowledgeable by using base 2 numbering system to dodge the fact that many times in the last six months he has repeated me in another form in such a way to imply I was wrong.

If you cannot follow a storyline (and I admit that I do run off in different directions so that I'm difficult to follow) or have language impairments - his using words straight out of the Big Book of Words to Sound Intelligent is a good example.

His reasoning ability in that he doesn't believe that MGT can be quite easily measured via the IR output of the Earth from satellite readings. Or that sound references that contradict him are not acceptable.

He is always on this group. I have never mentioned something that he hasn't almost instantly replied. This infers apathy.

Hell, I ride my bike 130 miles+ each week. I have trouble finding the right words but that is one of the major effects of the anti-seizure medications I'm forced to take because of my concussion. I spend a very large part of my time building bicycles from the frame up. I am a pretty good chef. Though my wife doesn't have exactly the same tastes as I do. She avoids uncooked Kale and wants her meat well done (yuck!) Her idea of a salad always includes Iceberg Lettuce. Without onions (HEAVEN FORBID). By the way, I just got a 2007 Ford Taurus since the 1999 one I have had a few little problems I didn't feel like fixing at the price of things in California. And since it has no problems at all and only has 52,000 miles on it I imagine it will last me the rest of my life. I hate cars now though I had the very best for a long time. A Triumph TR-2. The first Mustang, a 1972 Camaro 350 SS, etc. When you're a manager you're expected to act the part.

Anyway the apparent lack of any hobbies other than sitting on this group and making somewhat weird statements is another symptom.

But nightmare seems to have no separate interests. So I wouldn't be surprised.
31-08-2017 01:47
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1695)
Wake wrote;
He is always on this group. I have never mentioned something that he hasn't almost instantly replied. This infers apathy.


Well I'd hate to think what you think of me then.

Admittedly I'm on here quite a bit, but I have a great excuse. I've got a lot of idle time with my job where there's nothing else I could be doing. For example right now I'm waiting on my compressor to charge a water heater and plumbing system so I can blow the pipes and winterize it. That's right, it's August. Wells Fargo insists on paying me to winterize every foreclosed property every day of the year. By the way, the next heap of foreclosures are coming soon in the form of HUD reverse mortgages. Hope Greenturd got one of those, I'd love to pay him a visit.

Anyway, tell me you still have the "72 Camaro??!!

.....and the red stuff in the meat? It's called flavor!
Edited on 31-08-2017 01:54
31-08-2017 03:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


I risked my life in the support of Democracy.

That's too bad. We are not organized as a democracy. Democracies fail very quickly, dissolving into anarchy and usually followed by dictatorships and oligarchies.
Wake wrote:
I grew up in a time where everyone would.

Too many support what they do not understand.
Wake wrote:
Apparently you cannot tell the difference between Democracy and Marxism.

There is a big difference.

A democracy has no fundamental base in law. It requires an elite operator to function as the voting medium. There is nothing to stop majority rule from quashing all other opinions. The result is dissolution into anarchy.

Marxism is the systematic theft of property and wealth by the elite from the people that created it. It is one of the most common forms to come out of the dissolution of democracies. It can take the form of communism or fascism. Both are socialistic forms of government.

Wake wrote:
What have you done to support Democracy?

I don't support democracy. I never have. I support a republican form of government. I always have. It is the only form of government that provides for freedom, liberty, and predictability.

I support the United States of America and the several States that make it up. I always have.

Neither The United States nor any State is a democracy, even though we elect certain officers democratically, and even though the State constitutions themselves were brought about by the people of that State.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Not a democracy. This is what I support, and always have.


The Parrot Killer
31-08-2017 03:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


What? I don't know Wake, never met him....But a Marxist he is not. Not one ounce. What statement do you get that from?


His declaration that it was a reasonable choice for young people in this country.

The only way Marxism can survive in the United States is to overthrow the government of the United States. We are in real danger of that even now. I WILL fight it.


The Parrot Killer
31-08-2017 03:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
Actually many of his statements are reminiscent of early onset dementia.

Psychobabble.
Wake wrote:
The way he was trying to seem knowledgeable by using base 2 numbering system to dodge the fact that many times in the last six months he has repeated me in another form in such a way to imply I was wrong.

It wasn't a dodge. You HAVE been wrong.
Wake wrote:
If you cannot follow a storyline (and I admit that I do run off in different directions so that I'm difficult to follow) or have language impairments - his using words straight out of the Big Book of Words to Sound Intelligent is a good example.

Heh. I see you followed this with yet another long rant about what you supposedly know.
Wake wrote:
His reasoning ability in that he doesn't believe that MGT can be quite easily measured via the IR output of the Earth from satellite readings. Or that sound references that contradict him are not acceptable.

Wikipedia is NOT a sound reference. Satellites are not capable of measuring absolute temperatures. You do not know the emissivity of the Earth. No Holy Link changes that.
Wake wrote:
He is always on this group. I have never mentioned something that he hasn't almost instantly replied. This infers apathy.

Do you know what 'apathy' even means? Do you know how often you post? Do you realize it doesn't matter?
Wake wrote:
Hell, I ride my bike 130 miles+ each week.

Big hairy deal. I prefer to drive.
Wake wrote:
I have trouble finding the right words but that is one of the major effects of the anti-seizure medications I'm forced to take because of my concussion.

Perhaps. You keep running to this excuse for some reason.
Wake wrote:
I spend a very large part of my time building bicycles from the frame up.

Personally, I doubt that. You've lied before. This seems to be no exception.
Wake wrote:
I am a pretty good chef.

Since I never tasted your cooking. I'll reserve my opinion on that. Usually someone that has to boast about their cooking isn't nearly as good as they think they are at it (kind of like drivers).
Wake wrote:
Though my wife doesn't have exactly the same tastes as I do.

So she doesn't think you're a good chef, eh?
Wake wrote:
She avoids uncooked Kale and wants her meat well done (yuck!) Her idea of a salad always includes Iceberg Lettuce. Without onions (HEAVEN FORBID). By the way, I just got a 2007 Ford Taurus since the 1999 one I have had a few little problems I didn't feel like fixing at the price of things in California. And since it has no problems at all and only has 52,000 miles on it I imagine it will last me the rest of my life. I hate cars now though I had the very best for a long time. A Triumph TR-2. The first Mustang, a 1972 Camaro 350 SS, etc. When you're a manager you're expected to act the part.

I'm just going to let this random rambling of strawmen speak for itself.
Wake wrote:
Anyway the apparent lack of any hobbies other than sitting on this group and making somewhat weird statements is another symptom.

Psychobabble again.
Wake wrote:
But nightmare seems to have no separate interests.

I've already told you what they are. Like I said, credentials mean nothing here.
Wake wrote:
So I wouldn't be surprised.

Nothing surprises you. You know everything.....*...*...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I couldn't keep it in!


The Parrot Killer
31-08-2017 04:01
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1695)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


What? I don't know Wake, never met him....But a Marxist he is not. Not one ounce. What statement do you get that from?


His declaration that it was a reasonable choice for young people in this country.

The only way Marxism can survive in the United States is to overthrow the government of the United States. We are in real danger of that even now. I WILL fight it.


I'll let Wake speak for himself, but think that was a botched conversation with a few typos and his statement came across in an unintended way.

However, I agree with you about our form of government. It is a representative republic, not a democracy. I even hear my own long time Senator Chuck Grassly, who I agree with on almost everything everything, say that we "must do this or that to preserve our democracy". I yell at the TV every time I hear it.
...and to the republic for which it stands...


gasguzzler, calling the jet stream the "Norwegian jet stream" is a bigoted statement. -James-
31-08-2017 04:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote;
He is always on this group. I have never mentioned something that he hasn't almost instantly replied. This infers apathy.


Well I'd hate to think what you think of me then.

Heh. Give him time. He'll eventually find you a moron like he has everyone else. I wouldn't waste too much time on what he thinks about anyone. Everyone here (including him) has come up with sound arguments.
GasGuzzler wrote:
Admittedly I'm on here quite a bit, but I have a great excuse. I've got a lot of idle time with my job where there's nothing else I could be doing. For example right now I'm waiting on my compressor to charge a water heater and plumbing system so I can blow the pipes and winterize it.

Ah. Nothing like watching pipes dry!

Me? I am usually waiting for an extremely badly written build system to compile a large piece of software. These are usually SDKs (software development toolkits) from third parties I have to incorporate into our products. They are like using a large rusty car to do brain surgery.

GasGuzzler wrote:
That's right, it's August. Wells Fargo insists on paying me to winterize every foreclosed property every day of the year.

Seems like a reasonable pastime. Must let you travel some.
GasGuzzler wrote:
By the way, the next heap of foreclosures are coming soon in the form of HUD reverse mortgages. Hope Greenturd got one of those, I'd love to pay him a visit.

Probably quite true. Those will be ugly.
GasGuzzler wrote:
...and the red stuff in the meat? It's called flavor!

Good stuff!


The Parrot Killer
31-08-2017 05:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote;
He is always on this group. I have never mentioned something that he hasn't almost instantly replied. This infers apathy.


Well I'd hate to think what you think of me then.

Admittedly I'm on here quite a bit, but I have a great excuse. I've got a lot of idle time with my job where there's nothing else I could be doing. For example right now I'm waiting on my compressor to charge a water heater and plumbing system so I can blow the pipes and winterize it. That's right, it's August. Wells Fargo insists on paying me to winterize every foreclosed property every day of the year. By the way, the next heap of foreclosures are coming soon in the form of HUD reverse mortgages. Hope Greenturd got one of those, I'd love to pay him a visit.

Anyway, tell me you still have the "72 Camaro??!!

.....and the red stuff in the meat? It's called flavor!


I notice that you're gone most of the time. That '72 went the way of all of my cars - traded in on something new - in that case a gold El Camino.
31-08-2017 06:15
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


What? I don't know Wake, never met him....But a Marxist he is not. Not one ounce. What statement do you get that from?


His declaration that it was a reasonable choice for young people in this country.

The only way Marxism can survive in the United States is to overthrow the government of the United States. We are in real danger of that even now. I WILL fight it.


I'll let Wake speak for himself, but think that was a botched conversation with a few typos and his statement came across in an unintended way.

However, I agree with you about our form of government. It is a representative republic, not a democracy. I even hear my own long time Senator Chuck Grassly, who I agree with on almost everything everything, say that we "must do this or that to preserve our democracy". I yell at the TV every time I hear it.
...and to the republic for which it stands...


Actually the form of government we have is a representative democracy, but also a Constitutional Democracy. This was not only defined by the framers of the Constitution but most of the early Justices of the Supreme Court.

A "republic" is nothing more than a representative democracy.

YOU do have a say in every single election. To suggest otherwise means that you believe that criminals run everything. Were that so Trump would not have won so handily. Estimations just using voting rolls from 36 of the 50 states show that in the heavily Hillary voting areas some polls have 600% of the number of vote as they had registered voters. JUST in these states more than 3.5 million votes in highly Democrat areas were illegal. And this doesn't count New York or California which are the largest contributors to illegal voting.
31-08-2017 06:21
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1695)
A Republic, if You Can Keep It"

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."


https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/7631-a-republic-if-you-can-keep-it
31-08-2017 06:55
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
GasGuzzler wrote:
A Republic, if You Can Keep It"

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."


https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/7631-a-republic-if-you-can-keep-it


As I noted - a Republic is merely a short term for a representative democracy. The founders all used the term Republic and Democracy interchangeably leaving out "representative" as being understood.
31-08-2017 07:12
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1695)
Point is, the more we can move towards the founders intention for the structure and role of gov the better. I'm sure you'd agree with that?
31-08-2017 17:02
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Point is, the more we can move towards the founders intention for the structure and role of gov the better. I'm sure you'd agree with that?


Certainly. But what we need is a sharp reduction in the power of government. This is NOT what the Democrats want. They want a government so powerful they can enslave the entire human race.
31-08-2017 21:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Why should the USA be required to do things that another country is at all?


Because it develops a manner of thinking that make Marxism a reasonable choice to the younger generation.


If they want to live under Marxism, they should move to a communist nation.

The United States is organized as a federated republic. Marxism goes against the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

Your attempt to implement socialism and fascism in this country will be met with consequences. People WILL defend themselves from your theft of their property.


My attempt?


Yes. You consider Marxism a reasonable choice.

Perhaps a bit strong a response I know. But you are wandering down the same line of thinking that Greenman uses.


What? I don't know Wake, never met him....But a Marxist he is not. Not one ounce. What statement do you get that from?


His declaration that it was a reasonable choice for young people in this country.

The only way Marxism can survive in the United States is to overthrow the government of the United States. We are in real danger of that even now. I WILL fight it.


I'll let Wake speak for himself, but think that was a botched conversation with a few typos and his statement came across in an unintended way.

However, I agree with you about our form of government. It is a representative republic, not a democracy. I even hear my own long time Senator Chuck Grassly, who I agree with on almost everything everything, say that we "must do this or that to preserve our democracy". I yell at the TV every time I hear it.
...and to the republic for which it stands...


Actually the form of government we have is a representative democracy, but also a Constitutional Democracy.

There is no such thing. A democracy has no constitution by definition. A republic does (by definition).
Wake wrote:
This was not only defined by the framers of the Constitution

They were not referring to the form of government, but to the democratic aspect of electing certain officers, and the democratic aspect of forming the republic in the first place.
Wake wrote:
but most of the early Justices of the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court does not have authority to declare the type of government we have.
Wake wrote:
A "republic" is nothing more than a representative democracy.

WRONG. A republic is a form of government based on a constitution (or central law). It is government by law, not by men.
Wake wrote:
YOU do have a say in every single election.

As specified in the various constitutions.
Wake wrote:
To suggest otherwise means that you believe that criminals run everything.

To suggest otherwise means we no longer have a republic.
Wake wrote:
Were that so Trump would not have won so handily.

Which only shows republics still work.
Wake wrote:
Estimations just using voting rolls from 36 of the 50 states show that in the heavily Hillary voting areas some polls have 600% of the number of vote as they had registered voters. JUST in these states more than 3.5 million votes in highly Democrat areas were illegal. And this doesn't count New York or California which are the largest contributors to illegal voting.

While probably true, it is not provable. It is certainly more likely than Russia throwing the election in favor of someone they despise.


The Parrot Killer
31-08-2017 21:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
A Republic, if You Can Keep It"

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."


https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/7631-a-republic-if-you-can-keep-it


As I noted - a Republic is merely a short term for a representative democracy. The founders all used the term Republic and Democracy interchangeably leaving out "representative" as being understood.

WRONG. There is no comparison between a democracy (representative or not) and a republic.


The Parrot Killer
31-08-2017 21:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Point is, the more we can move towards the founders intention for the structure and role of gov the better. I'm sure you'd agree with that?


I'm not sure he knows what the intentions of the founders WAS. He doesn't seem to know how they came to their opinions.


The Parrot Killer
Page 4 of 5<<<2345>





Join the debate Climate Data 800,000 years:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
80 year moving average data8813-05-2020 01:32
Headed For A New Ice Age? Latest Data Says Yes!1811-02-2020 18:00
SCIENTISTS: 30 Years Of Data Show The 'Godfather' Global Warming Was Wrong1711-02-2020 17:42
The Data Mine28419-07-2019 04:56
Climate Data Gaps?125-06-2019 13:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact