Remember me
▼ Content

Climate change, too late to act.

Climate change, too late to act.06-10-2018 17:17
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
We seem to have reached a point where the cure is as bad as the disease, Climate change catastrophe is already lock in.
06-10-2018 20:13
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
noutopia wrote:
We seem to have reached a point where the cure is as bad as the disease, Climate change catastrophe is already lock in.

It is a none-problem.

Find another doom cult. This one is worn out.
06-10-2018 20:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
noutopia wrote:

What 'climate change' catastrophe?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-10-2018 23:35
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
noutopia wrote:

..You'd be one example.
07-10-2018 22:57
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
noutopia wrote:

..You'd be one example.

I am not a climate, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-10-2018 23:28
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
noutopia wrote:

..You'd be one example.

How would you know as you don't know what the word climate means.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
08-10-2018 19:57
(21582)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
noutopia wrote:

..You'd be one example.

How would you know as you don't know what the word climate means.

Usually defined as weather over a long time, twit.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2018 21:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Climate Change? Well, I grew up in the northwest, on the side of a snow capped mountain. Most of the year, was cold, wet, miserable, which made the the summer months so nice, only bright part of living there. Unfortunately, a lot of the good climate days, got used up, preparing for the cold, and the wet misery, soon to follow. So, I changed climates, and move to the southeast, Florida. It's much warmer here, even most winter days are warmer than the hottest summer days where I grew up. The warmer climate agrees with me though. Really can't agree with the doomsday prediction of strong storms, since it's really been nice, these past 10-15 years. My first 10 years or so, we had a lot of bad weather events, not just the hurricanes. We get killing frost and freezes every winter, even a little snow fall. Haven't had to worry about plants in over a decade, seldom need a jacket, sweatshirt is usually enough. Use to get strong thunderstorms, almost daily, torrential rain, tornadoes. Not as much rain or lightning, can't remember the last tornado, been a while. Monster Hurricanes? They were always monsters, and use to get to ride out one or two each year. Haven't had much damage, usually just clean up leaves and branches anymore. Been a while since I've had on pass overhead though, just outer bands. Sure, the hurricanes have done some big damage, but the always have in some areas, nothing new, nothing global warming. The wind damage isn't as bad, or widespread. It's mostly the water and flooding, poor planning and maintenance, upgrades to blame. We haven't seen triple digit temperatures in the summer in a long time either, unless you factor in humidity, and call it heat-index. The weather has been pleasant the past ten years or more, can only hope Climate Change keeps up the good work.

Growing up out west, in the 70s, we had the Ozone Layer scare, which if we didn't act quickly, we would be heading toward the next, great, ice age. That was a quick an easy fix, guess they over did it, less than a decade later we find air bubbles in ice cores, and Global Warming is born. The assumption those air bubbles were trapped and perfectly sealed for thousands of years, and accurately relate to carbon dioxide levels through out history, pure nonsense. Would never thought so many would jump on it, run with, and create such a mess, as we read about today. We've got a whole new language, computer models generating historic data to prove cryptic theories. Way to many assumptions, exemptions, acceptance, of things never proven, nor could ever be proven, scientifically, just philosophically. Wonder if anyone has done any serious research on how well Climate Change, coincides with Doomsday cults. Pretty sure it's would be a lot clearer, easier to factually prove, than CO2 Global warming.
10-11-2018 00:23
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate Change? Well, I grew up in the northwest, on the side of a snow capped mountain. Most of the year, was cold, wet, miserable, which made the the summer months so nice, only bright part of living there. Unfortunately, a lot of the good climate days, got used up, preparing for the cold, and the wet misery, soon to follow.

So you are familiar with the Pacific Northwest weather and climate. Sounds like you made it worse living on the side of a mountain though. The Cascades get the most rain, other than Olympics.
HarveyH55 wrote:
So, I changed climates, and move to the southeast, Florida. It's much warmer here, even most winter days are warmer than the hottest summer days where I grew up. The warmer climate agrees with me though.

My brother found the same thing. He likes it in Florida. He's in western Florida.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Really can't agree with the doomsday prediction of strong storms, since it's really been nice, these past 10-15 years. My first 10 years or so, we had a lot of bad weather events, not just the hurricanes. We get killing frost and freezes every winter, even a little snow fall. Haven't had to worry about plants in over a decade, seldom need a jacket, sweatshirt is usually enough. Use to get strong thunderstorms, almost daily, torrential rain, tornadoes. Not as much rain or lightning, can't remember the last tornado, been a while. Monster Hurricanes? They were always monsters, and use to get to ride out one or two each year. Haven't had much damage, usually just clean up leaves and branches anymore. Been a while since I've had on pass overhead though, just outer bands. Sure, the hurricanes have done some big damage, but the always have in some areas, nothing new, nothing global warming. The wind damage isn't as bad, or widespread. It's mostly the water and flooding, poor planning and maintenance, upgrades to blame. We haven't seen triple digit temperatures in the summer in a long time either, unless you factor in humidity, and call it heat-index. The weather has been pleasant the past ten years or more, can only hope Climate Change keeps up the good work.

Still, your taxes are lower there! You can get corrupt government for MUCH cheaper than most anywhere else spends on it!
HarveyH55 wrote:
Growing up out west, in the 70s, we had the Ozone Layer scare, which if we didn't act quickly, we would be heading toward the next, great, ice age.

Actually, the Ozone Scare had little to do with the Coming Ice Age Scare. They took place at slightly different times too. The Coming Ice Age Scare was based on particulate pollution, not the ozone layer. The Ozone Scare was based on an expiring patent owned by DuPont.
HarveyH55 wrote:
That was a quick an easy fix, guess they over did it, less than a decade later we find air bubbles in ice cores, and Global Warming is born.

The Church of Global Warming is older than that! It goes back to the days of Arrhenius, who first theorized that absorption of infrared light by CO2 and certain other gases was cause global warming. He later retracted that statement after it was falsified by the laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. The air bubble thing was just another desperate attempt to show 'ancient warming' and how dangerous 'warming' is today.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The assumption those air bubbles were trapped and perfectly sealed for thousands of years, and accurately relate to carbon dioxide levels through out history, pure nonsense.

Yup. Ice is permeable to CO2.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Would never thought so many would jump on it, run with, and create such a mess, as we read about today. We've got a whole new language, computer models generating historic data to prove cryptic theories. Way to many assumptions, exemptions, acceptance, of things never proven, nor could ever be proven, scientifically, just philosophically. Wonder if anyone has done any serious research on how well Climate Change, coincides with Doomsday cults.

In interesting suggestion. I agree. I think you'll find a high correlation.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Pretty sure it's would be a lot clearer, easier to factually prove, than CO2 Global warming.

Since the Church of Global warming can't even DEFINE 'global warming', I would agree.

The Parrot Killer

19-11-2018 21:55
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
noutopia wrote:

Define "climate change" in a non circular fashion...

What "catastrophe"? We seem to be doing just fine...
19-11-2018 23:33
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
gfm7175 wrote:
noutopia wrote:

This is not a "circular argument". Climate change is the long term change in the average mean global temperature. This is an oscillation that occurs over millions of years and is well known and well studied.

The problem for the True Believers is that this has nothing whatsoever to do with man.

The changes in climate appear to be due to the Milankovitch Cycles and the solar cycles. There is this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Maximum but there is an until now undecipherable long term sunspot cycle that the Russians appear to have accomplished in 2015. The latest NASA studies are about to be released which have checked the Russians work and appear to agree with them. In 2050+-11 years we will begin falling into another little ice age.

The results of this is that people will then demand far more nuclear power plants and coal and petroleum power generators. This absolutely horrifies the "environmentalists" who have been used and played by politicians for almost a century now.
20-11-2018 00:28
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Wake wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
noutopia wrote:

This is not a "circular argument". Climate change is the long term change in the average mean global temperature. This is an oscillation that occurs over millions of years and is well known and well studied.

The problem for the True Believers is that this has nothing whatsoever to do with man.

The changes in climate appear to be due to the Milankovitch Cycles and the solar cycles. There is this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Maximum but there is an until now undecipherable long term sunspot cycle that the Russians appear to have accomplished in 2015. The latest NASA studies are about to be released which have checked the Russians work and appear to agree with them. In 2050+-11 years we will begin falling into another little ice age.

The results of this is that people will then demand far more nuclear power plants and coal and petroleum power generators. This absolutely horrifies the "environmentalists" who have been used and played by politicians for almost a century now.

I guess we only need to worry about our savings and 401ks for another 20-30 years. I the fall is about the same rate as the warming, shouldn't be any issues for over 10,000 years. Would hope for the future generations, that they have sense enough to prepare, and can survive the ice age in a little better comfort, than our ancestors, who squatted in caves, and fed of frozen dinners, consisting of mainly semi-putrefied mystery meat, chipped out of the frozen tundra. I'd have to guess that Russians used hacked data from the IPCC, so their research is about as accurate and factual... Maybe the warming, 'Hockey-Stick' is pretty close, just not for the actual reason. Seems reasonable, that the final warming would come the quickest (alarming rate). Hopefully, the cooling will come slowly, so I can at least finish my living. in physical comfort, doubt the economics will be fun.

Join the debate Climate change, too late to act.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Inflation Reduction Act1014-08-2022 23:06
Climate change is a security threat. We must act now027-03-2019 15:52
Our Future: The kids are right – we must act on climate change5415-03-2019 21:34
Do you really think its going to be too late to reverse the effects of climate change?4817-10-2016 15:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact